The Overlord's pokemon challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I am Vegeta
The overlord has broken out of hell and has entered the pokemon world and he does not have his minions and he runs into unknown creatures but the place seems to give him unlimited magic he now he wants to take over this world starting with these pokemon 1v1

Venasaur

Onix

Crobat

Weezing

Gengar

Hitmonchan

Who does he beat and who does he not.

battlemaster161
What are some of his abilities

I am Vegeta
Originally posted by battlemaster161
What are some of his abilities Fire ball spell, flamethrower spell, firestorm spell, confusion spell, betrayal spell, Submission spell, shock shield, fire shield, death shield.
These are some of his spells he can conjure.

Edit: Almost forgot the slow spell

battlemaster161
He beats venasaur pretty sure of that do have any other feats you could possibly give Its been a while sense I have actually played the game

I am Vegeta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SJHNb4DW54

Here it shows him without his minions and without magic slaying 30 foot rock giants and tanking their hits that only do half of one bar of damage.

XanatosForever
Health bars are generally considered poor representations for feats. Any cutscenes showing that he's capable of?

I am Vegeta
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Health bars are generally considered poor representations for feats. Any cutscenes showing that he's capable of? TBH there is like no cut scenes that show fighting.

Edit: also the game play is canon if you didn't know

battlemaster161
Originally posted by I am Vegeta
TBH there is like no cut scenes that show fighting. Really I thought their were but any way's I know that in the game he is super fast especially compared to the humans what they run in like 100 seconds the overlord can cover it in like 10 seconds.

I am Vegeta
IMO he could probably take most of them out but some of the pokemon have some good abilities that could give them the upper hand.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by I am Vegeta
TBH there is like no cut scenes that show fighting.

Edit: also the game play is canon if you didn't know

I didn't say gameplay isn't canon. I just said it's a poor reference. I started debating here in the Video Game Versus Forum, where this was such a major issue that it was brought up in the rules for the forum.

Video Games Versus Forum Rule 15:

All characters are, by default, presented in vs. threads as they are in their respective games. This includes physical feats of strength, speed, durability, etc. shown in the games, regardless of the universe. The sole caveat to this is if the original post outlines imposed limitations. I will make this very clear: If a character can do something in a game, they can do it in the vs. thread, unless the original post specifically says no. This does not extend to things that are clearly gameplay mechanics - stuff like QTEs, turn-based systems, health and magic point systems, etc. It does extend to abilities that are clearly seen to be used in the game, and that the character is clearly intended to be able to do - the developers would not give the characters abilities that can be used in gameplay if they didn't intend them to be able to use them.

It's a fairly well thought out rule, and one that we from VGVS use as the standard to debate video game characters.

I am Vegeta
Well still you can tell he isn't taking any real damage even without the health bar. Also you can see that he is slicing through them without any resistance at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.