Darth Nox Respect Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys

NewGuy01
Is this incomplete? It only goes up to Zash.

Nephthys
^ I was just working out some formatting details.

This is where things start to get really crazy. All the things before this are merely meant to spell out that Nox is a legitimately powerful and skilled Sith in his or her own right. She's defeated powerful Jedi Masters, Sith Lords and displayed some good feats that put her high up in terms of power. But its at this point where we stop establishing Nox's power and show how exponentially her power grows from here as she just gets more and more power from the Force Walking ritual.

Gains the spirit of Lord Ergast

Ergast was one of the greatest sorcerers in the Sith Empire. So revered that a statue dedicated to him stands in the center of Kaas City. It was he who created the Force Walking ritual. This ritual allows one to bind ghosts to you and wield their power as your own. An unwilling ghost gives more power than a willing one, so the darkside Darth Nox should have no problems with that.

Gains the spirit of Darth Andru

A powerful and vengerful ghost, Andru has killed hundreds who trespassed in his tomb. Now the Inquisitor has the power of two powerful Sith Lords to call upon and to augment their own power with.

First Confrontation with Thanaton

Although the young Inquisitor loses in the end, a few things are still notable in this fight. Firstly, Nox defeats two Sith Warriors at once. Warriors are of course among the elite of the Empire and their frontline Sith. Secondly, they successfully wield the power of the ghosts in their defense against Thanaton's initial attack. While some argued that Nox was unable to control them even at this stage, this is unsupported. They show no strain or trouble in calling upon their power, unlike in the second Thanaton confrontation. However, that is not enough against Thanaton who uses a remarkably swift Force ritual to kill the Inquisitor. Which leads to the next point......

Immortality

Yes, at this point Nox is immortal and indestructible as long as they have the ghosts bound to them. To kill Nox, you'd have to purge the spirits first. Otherwise their presence keeps her alive.

Killed or dominated a group of Sith Assassins

Pretty much exactly that. Nox hires some assassins to try to kill Ashara Zavros so she can swoop in and save the vulnerable maiden and win her widdle Jedi heart. You have a choice to kill them (darkside) or just mindfvck them into leaving (lightside). I think the lightside version is more impressive really. Odd.....

Master Ocera and Master Ryen

Ohh, this is a nice one. Nox takes on two Jedi Masters at once and wipes the floor with them.

Gains the spirit of Kalatosh Zavros

Add another Sith Lord to Nox' power. Zavros was a powerful Jedi Master who followed Revan into the Mandalorian War. He was killed on Taris when Malak bombarded the place, the idiot. Again, he's a powerful Sith Lord who was fvcking up a Jedi Enclave with his power before you bind him. This brings Nox's personal power up to herself, and 3 Sith Lords.

Lord Cineratus

WOl7fkR1Ywc

He seems to be just another Sith Lord kill, but actually judging from all that damage to the room he caused in killing Nox's apprentices he seems to be at least decently powerful. 3.00

Destroys rock again with lightning

XEBwwefSo0U

15.35. This is a bit bigger than that plinth, so notable imo.

Gains the spirit of Horak-mul

Horak-mul was Ludo Kressh's right hand Sith and evidently a bit of a step up from the somewhat bland previous 2 ghosts. This guy was plenty powerful, able to possess beings and even a freaking droid (wtf?), crush those who strayed close to his sarcophagus and dominate the minds of legions used to guard his corpse. When you attempt to bind him against his will he summons dominated servants to fight you.

Defeats Thanatons apprentice Rolan

I guess notable since the guy was amping himself before the fight, but Nox still kicks his ass. Also I guess I'll put the video here so you can see what all the power of the ghosts looks like after Nox loses control:

MfMzL1RAeHc

Dominated the Veil

Notable in that the Veil is obviously a strong minded individual, able to maintain consciousness over 3 bodies simultaneously.

Gains the spirit of Mar-Da

Surprise! Usually only the Sith spirits are mentioned, but Nox also binds the spirit of a Voss Mystic named Mar-Da on Voss. Mystics are extremely powerful Force users, able to use the Force 'in ways the Jedi didn't think was possible.' They have the most powerful healing and precognitive abilities in the galaxy and aren't too sabby in a fight either, since they are required to be combat oriented to survive their trials by battling through Voss' lethal wildlife and Gormak warriors and through the trials themselves which are very combat heavy.

Either way, Nox's arsenal is now complete. Nox has the combined power of him/herself, 4 powerful Sith Lords and one Voss Mystic. Nox alone is one of the most powerful Sith the Empire has ever produced, but with her powers multiplied with the 'overwhelming power' of the spirits, Nox is one of the most powerful Sith to exist in the entire mythos.

Defeated all bound spirits

Through the process of Dream Walking, the Inquisitor enters her own mind and defeats the apparitions the spirits call against her, forcing them into submission. Later however, she enters again, but this time she's able to draw out the ghosts true selves and battles them all, defeating them all one after the other. Dream Walking is not merely mental btw, so it really was her power versus theirs. So yes, its a good indication that Nox definitely is extremely powerful even without the ghosts, superior to any of them in her own right.

Lord Skar

Thanaton's apprentice. An 'unparalleled lightsaber duelist' and possesses TK powerful enough to kill even heavily armored Imperial troopers with Force pushes.

DP-6 Guard Droid

DlMUvjP4MM8#t=220

3. 30. WHAT THE **** IS THAT THING MADE OF, DO YOU SEE THAT CRATER, DID YOU HEAR THAT HUGE BOOM, HOLY SHIT!

Ahem. Clearly some sort of super-battle droid. Er, yes.

Darth Kallous and Thanatons Cyborg Guard

6.00 on the video above. After defeating Kallous, Nox goes on to defeat Thanatons elite cyborg gaurds.

Darth Thanaton

Same video. In the same damn fight, Nox goes on to defeat Thanaton himself right after defeating his allies. Thanaton is described as 'a supremely powerful Sith' who possesses 'insurmountable strength', Even after Nox had the power of two of the strongest Sith Spirits, one of which was one of the greatest Sith Sorcerers to ever live, Thanaton still completely pwns Nox. He possesses immensely good lightning, according to SW_Legend able to demolish a large metal structure with it in the comics set about 40 years before the game and is able to use it to fly as well as summon massive and devastating lightning storms. He possesses the lightsaber techniques of Tulak Hord, who was a 'legendary lightsaber master.' He is a member of the Dark Council, the most powerful Sith in the galaxy. And Nox still easily defeats him after mowing through his allies.

Darth Enraj and 2 Sith Warriors

Before confronting Thanaton for the final time, Nox is waylayed by his ally Darth Enraj and his two apprentices. Nox cuts them down.

Darth Thanaton

J3VCiF3OhCE

One of the most thorough displays of ownage in the Star Wars mythos. Nox backhands his Force Lightning away and then completely shrugs off Thanatons best efforts in terms of lightning strorms. Remember, Thanaton was able to break through Nox's barrier even when it was amped by 2 powerful ghosts, with minimal need to prepare. What we are seeing in the video is surely superior to that attack since Thanaton puts a lot more effort into it. Its so powerful that just through hitting Nox, it cracks the stone floor. And Nox still walks through it. Nox then pins Thanaton to the wall with TK, demonstrating thorough superiority, before allowing Thanaton to attack him with his lightsaber. Which Nox again simply blocks with the Force, finally forcing Thanaton to his knees in abject humilation and defeating him with lightning.

Nox is then made a Dark Council member and is named Darth Nox.

Anyway, to sum up all you really need to know is that Nox is extremely powerful, able to shatter stone with his/her lightning and with numerous other good feats and is greatly boosted on top of this by possessing the power of 5 spirits. Its really that simple imo. Nox is one of the greatest Sith in history, at least on par with the likes of Darth's Malgus and Vader in my book.

NewGuy01
And on top of all that it's possible that the defeat of Malgus could be tied to her name. smile

Board Walker
Where is the Revan respect thread?

Nephthys
Funnily enough, someone did make one recently.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Paladius thing is a good saber feat for Nox.

NewGuy01
It really is.

Nephthys
Yeah. Nox is actually a lot more skillful than I remember. I only remembered that they were fairly powerful and had the Force Walking amp, but things like fighting through an army, beating Paladius without the Force and other stuff leads me to think that Nox is actually near Dark Council level all by themselves. This thread gave me a new appreciation for the character.

Nephthys
Inquisitor Holonet profile.

Game Rules description.

General Description. "An Inquisitor's skills with a Lightsaber are equally impressive." - REAL nice accolade.

Stealth Moose
It's been almost two years since I beat this storyline, and holy crap did I forget some things.

Col. Valerian
Currently cruising through this storyline. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy it.

Sinious
I like how I run into Neph's protag threads these days. They're better than most protag RT's I saw here or on CV.

Syndicate
It's widely acknowledged ( on CV at least ) that Nox is a Dooku - Vader level force user.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Syndicate
It's widely acknowledged ( on CV at least ) that Nox is a Dooku - Vader level force user.

As he should be.

Hey, we agree on something.

rolling on floor laughing

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
There's no way in hell that Nox is Vader or even Dooku-level, realistically. Though her feats do support the notion.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Though her feats do support the notion.

evil face

Nephthys
There's no way in hell that Nox is Vader or even Dooku-level, realistically.

erm

Syndicate
There's no way in hell that Nox is Vader or even Dooku-level, realistically. Though her feats do support the notion.

You know me Skillz. I'm a feats guys through and through.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Realistically meaning considering the events of SOR and KOTFE. Because most people believed Nox to be a Revan-level force wielder pre-SOR, given her immense feats. Though there's nothing really wrong with your stance, I just like to moderate myself with regards to TOR powerscaling.

Nephthys
It's not even just feats. Nox is personally an extremely powerful Sith Lord and has the combined power of 5 Force Ghosts to call upon. Saying there's "no way in hell" she's even Dooku level is retarded.

Syndicate
I know. I try not to speculate to much to restrict myself.

Nox disintegrates stone with lightning and overwhelmed Thanaton. She's also overwhelmed multiple Jedi simultaneously and has some pretty good TK feats when unamped by spirits. I'd assume they're better when amped by said spirits though I don't know by how much which is why I put her between Dooku and Vader.

Also look at her cute feet.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/4338316-sith+inquisitor+profile.jpg

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nephthys
It's not even just feats. Nox is personally an extremely powerful Sith Lord and has the combined power of 5 Force Ghosts to call upon. Saying there's "no way in hell" she's even Dooku level is retarded.

As I said, nothing with your stance is really wrong, and nothing actually contradicts it either. It's just that the notion of Nox being equal to/above Dooku and even on par with Vader imo messes with the whole power hierarchy and just feels illogical due to the events of KOTFE and SOR, (hell, even The False Emperor, tbh.)

Col. Valerian
I'd personally put Nox on HoT's level and above the Wrath and Barshen'thor.

FreshestSlice
Realistically speaking, they aren't on Vader's level either at this point. And the Wrath gets no love around here, even though pretty much everyone in the Empire respects them far more than Nox. And somehow I doubt it's of Nox's origins.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Realistically speaking, they aren't on Vader's level either at this point. And the Wrath gets no love around here, even though pretty much everyone in the Empire respects them far more than Nox. And somehow I doubt it's of Nox's origins.

I don't know, considering Nox's feats and accolades I'd say he's Vader level. Also, the fact that he has the power of 5 spirits apart from his own and is pretty much immortal unless the spirits are purged.

I'm a big fan of the Wrath, but from what I've seen, I personally think Nox is above him. Still, I consider the Wrath to be pretty powerful.

FreshestSlice
Nox's feats and accolades don't put them on Vader level, especially not accolades of which there are almost nil.

I mean sure the Wrath hasn't stood there while someone using Lightning over and over again before TKing them, but soloing armies of thousands and defeating Baras puts them at least on level with Nox, without any augmentation needed. There's a reason why the Wrath is supposed to personify the Empire and Nox doesn't, in my opinion.

Neither are Vader level anyway. The only Vader level opponents faced so far have shit all over them.

S_W_LeGenD
As I said, nothing with your stance is really wrong, and nothing actually contradicts it either. It's just that the notion of Nox being equal to/above Dooku and even on par with Vader imo messes with the whole power hierarchy and just feels illogical due to the events of KOTFE and SOR, (hell, even The False Emperor, tbh.)
It doesn't.

Darth Malgus have considerable hype even in a neutral source; Palpatine perceived him as the greatest warrior in history and someone whom could teach even him a thing or two about the Dark Side.

Fans try to promote Darth Vader above the likes of Darth Malgus, Arcann and Darth Nox but they don't have a solid argument for it.

Revan would be in the league of Yoda.

Nephthys
I put Nox above the Wrath in terms of power because I can't see him dominating someone like Thanaton like Nox did. But as a pure combatant he's probably only slightly below her imo.

FreshestSlice
I mean sure, if we ignore the fact Thanaton had already dueled Nox with much less spectacular results just a few days earlier, and the fact that Thanaton dueled them for an undetermined amount of time again, Nox dominated. Don't see many cowering in fear of them soloing the Empire though, so for some reason I think their power is a little exaggerated by their fans.

Col. Valerian
I don't think it's exaggerated. That absolute stomping of Thanaton in the video is imo the best indication of how big of a powerhouse Nox is. I mean, Thanaton summoned a huge Force storm and hit Nox directly with it, and it didn't even scratch him. Not many Sith can do that. Afterwards, he stops his saber slash mid-air and literally makes him his ***** as he uses the Force to make him bow. We're talking about a guy who was considered one of the most powerful Sith in the Empire, and he casually owns him.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I mean sure, if we ignore the fact Thanaton had already dueled Nox with much less spectacular results just a few days earlier, and the fact that Thanaton dueled them for an undetermined amount of time again, Nox dominated. Don't see many cowering in fear of them soloing the Empire though, so for some reason I think their power is a little exaggerated by their fans.

After Nox had fought through a warzone to get to him, fought his bodyguards, fought his allied Darth, with Thanaton free to prep and without us actually seeing the fight? We don't have the slightest clue whether it was more or less spectacular. We don't even have any indication that Nox actually used her ghosts on him, so maybe Nox beat him with her personal power alone.

And yes, she absolutely ****ing dominated him. Probably the worst ownage in all of SW.

Col. Valerian
Yeah, Nox's ownage of Thanaton is what wow'd me about his powers in the first place. That's when I thought ok, this guy's for real.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.