Proxima Midnight vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
who wins?

ares834
Proxima Midnight was pierced by a "normal" spear and hasn't displayed power nearly on the level of WW yet.

As of now Wonder Woman destroys her.

Stoic
Piercing resistance shouldn't be the deciding factor here, as Diana was vulnerable to piercing attacks for decades unless I am mistaken. I'm also failing to see how Wonder Woman would pierce Proxima during this battle when she would not be using a spear? Proxima nearly broke Cage in moments, and when they battled for the second time around she seemed to enjoy being hit by blows that shook the general area like an earthquake. breaking Cage's ribs, is no small feat.

SquallX
Originally posted by Stoic
Piercing resistance shouldn't be the deciding factor here, as Diana was vulnerable to piercing attacks for decades unless I am mistaken. I'm also failing to see how Wonder Woman would pierce Proxima during this battle when she would not be using a spear? Proxima nearly broke Cage in moments, and when they battled for the second time around she seemed to enjoy being hit by blows that shook the general area like an earthquake. breaking Cage's ribs, is no small feat.

You do know current Diana runs around with a sword that's able to slice an Atom in 2 right?

StiltmanFTW

Yeah, WW's been pierced by a normal bullet and a normal knife. Bringing up the piercing durability trying to make WW look good here is lulzworthy.

vince_slice
Proxima might have a healing factor. Her stab wound and blood disapeared a couple panels later and she shrugged off and mocked the wound as if it were nothing.

Her spear is confirmed to be able to hit things moving at light speed (Spectrum), and hurt even the Hulk (based on previews so far).

Stoic
Originally posted by SquallX
You do know current Diana runs around with a sword that's able to slice an Atom in 2 right?

Originally posted by vince_slice
Proxima might have a healing factor. Her stab wound and blood disapeared a couple panels later and she shrugged off and mocked the wound as if it were nothing.

Her spear is confirmed to be able to hit things moving at light speed (Spectrum), and hurt even the Hulk (based on previews so far).

Excellent points.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah, WW's been pierced by a normal bullet and a normal knife. Bringing up the piercing durability trying to make WW look good here is lulzworthy.

thumb up

ares834
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Not current Wonder Woman...

Any way nothing we have seen yet suggests Proxima would survive a single hit from WW and certainly not a a strike from one of her weapons.

TheGodKiller
Wonder Woman, easily.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by SquallX
thumb up

Cogito
Bracers, sword, lasso, vastly superior strength/speed/fighting skills from what we've seen.

Yeah, this one's an easy call.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Her spear seemed to be able to cut through the Hulk. That in combination with it's speed, should make her extremely dangerous even to guys like Thor/Superman. It being fatal for Diana is a very reasonable argument based on what we've seen.

Q99
Piercing resistance shouldn't be the deciding factor here, as Diana was vulnerable to piercing attacks for decades unless I am mistaken.

That slowly was reduced. In more recent years she's done stuff like catch a magic spear wielded by a mild superhuman barehanded- while she's still *more* vulnerable to piercing (hence using the bracers), we're still mostly talking very high-end strength stabbing weapons. More flesh than bones too, which are still very hard.

Plus, aside from that, she's very good at fighting with heavy damage. Having a sword stabbed through her by a god was painful and inconvenient but not near enough to stop fighting.

Golgo13
Wondy.

ODG
Originally posted by ares834
Not current Wonder Woman...

Any way nothing we have seen yet suggests Proxima would survive a single hit from WW and certainly not a a strike from one of her weapons. Current Wonder Woman had one of Eros' bulletx blow right through her crossed bracers and pierce her heart.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, not sure why current Wonder Woman would be considered to have higher piercing durability then Pre-Flashpoint. Didn't she also cut herself on a piece of glass in a bar?

ares834
No. Don't think so. She stabbed Eros with glass though.

Originally posted by ODG
Current Wonder Woman had one of Eros' bulletx blow right through her crossed bracers and pierce her heart.

Sure, but it's certainly not a "normal bullet" which was what I was refuting.

Cogito
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Her spear seemed to be able to cut through the Hulk. That in combination with it's speed, should make her extremely dangerous even to guys like Thor/Superman. It being fatal for Diana is a very reasonable argument based on what we've seen.

When did Proxima fight Hulk?

Warlord
Proxima Midnight was pierced by a "normal" spear and hasn't displayed power nearly on the level of WW yet.

As of now Wonder Woman destroys her.

abhilegend
Superman caught the same bullet which pierced her bracers.

laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
WW wins.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
WW wins.

What makes you believe this? Proxima would be dangerous for anyone in Dianas tier. She easily took down Monica who is most certainly faster than WW on average.

jitay
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman caught the same bullet which pierced her bracers.

laughing out loud

The hell has that got to do with anything?

TheGodKiller
^It has to do with him making even the non-Superman threads about Superman.

DarkSaint85
What makes you believe this? Proxima would be dangerous for anyone in Dianas tier. She easily took down Monica who is most certainly faster than WW on average.

My reasoning is this:

Defence: I haven't seen anything (bar Eros' guns) that have bypassed DCnU WW's bracers, and I haven't seen anything pre-Flashpoint that did. This leads me to believe that IF she's able to get her hands up, she will.

Monica is fast, probably even faster, yes.....but not in h2h combat, than WW. Based on the fight with Darkseid, I think she'd have the reflexes to block the spear (which we know to be energy). Wakandan soldiers were able to throw themselves in front of the spear and save Shuri from the spear, IIRC.

Offence: Cage was making her bleed. Sure, she looked like she was enjoying the fight later on, but her durability wasn't anything WW couldn't dish out. And this is before we take the sword into account.

Psychology: Proxima was getting frustrated with Cage's stubbornness. WW is famed pre-DCnU as someone who wouldn't quit fighting (see Tower of Babel storyline). DCnU WW seems pretty tenacious as well. The longer the fight goes on, the more mistakes PM will make, which I believe WW can capitalise on.

abhilegend
Originally posted by jitay
Nothing. I was just laughing.

DarkSaint85
Wakandan soldiers were able to throw themselves in front of the spear and save Shuri from the spear, IIRC.

Apologies, I lied. Checking back, it was a normal spear that she had charged up, that the soldiers managed to intercept:

http://i39.tinypic.com/14bt7if.jpg

Still, my belief still stands. Proxima seems to be a glass cannon to me, and if her main offence can be negated (by the bracers) then WW should win.

ODG
^ Proxima tossed aside the normal spear that was stuck in her shoulder. She used her own special spear, it looks like.

Cogito
^ I agree. looks like in that 3rd to last pane the wooden spear is thrown with her right hand. The last pane shows her spear splitting in 3, which makes sense.

carver9
Looks like her spear attacks the target it is aimed at.

Stoic
It should also be noted that the spear would likely penetrate Diana as well. It was thrown by a Shuri, and the metal was likely made of vibranium. Proxima wasn't even harmed by it from the reaction on her face.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Looks like her spear attacks the target it is aimed at.

So...she's talking to Shuri, the one person who hurts her...and decides to spear a random bystander?

As for Stoic, Shuri is the Black Panther's name, not the guards. Just saying.

My point for that scan was, PM threw her spear, and a random Wakandan soldier (not the elite Dolores Mejor) managed to throw their entire body in the way to protect the queen.

Given that, I believe that WW could throw her hands up and use her bracers to deflect/block it.

Stoic
So...she's talking to Shuri, the one person who hurts her...and decides to spear a random bystander?

As for Stoic, Shuri is the Black Panther's name, not the guards. Just saying.

My point for that scan was, PM threw her spear, and a random Wakandan soldier (not the elite Dolores Mejor) managed to throw their entire body in the way to protect the queen.

Given that, I believe that WW could throw her hands up and use her bracers to deflect/block it.

Hold on. I think you may have misread my post? I know ho Shuri is... just saying. Proxima was not hurt by the spear as you can clearly see
in the very scan that you provided. I am also assuming that you are
saying that Diana would fight Proxima, at hyper speeds? If so, when has she ever fought like that?

DarkSaint85
Hold on. I think you may have misread my post? I know ho Shuri is... just saying. Proxima was not hurt by the spear as you can clearly see
in the very scan that you provided. I am also assuming that you are
saying that Diana would fight Proxima, at hyper speeds? If so, when has she ever fought like that?

Sorry, misread your post - because you said that the spear was thrown by A Shuri. My bad.

I am saying that WW has reacted and used her bracers to block energy beams, bullets, superspeed punches etc coming at her before. Many times. Proxima's main weapon - an energy spear that kills most that it comes into contact with - would be blocked by WW, who has used her bracers before both pre and post Flashpoint.

Stoic
Sorry, misread your post - because you said that the spear was thrown by A Shuri. My bad.

I am saying that WW has reacted and used her bracers to block energy beams, bullets, superspeed punches etc coming at her before. Many times. Proxima's main weapon - an energy spear that kills most that it comes into contact with - would be blocked by WW, who has used her bracers before both pre and post Flashpoint.

Well while Monica was in energy form she was not immune to
the spears effects, so Diana may still be affected by it contacting
her bracers. i wouldn't want to argue the point, because it's not
a certainty that it would be able to do anything other than being
deflected. Moving on, Proxima appears to be quite fast herself,
as she was able to see Monica, and react to her movements. As we
know light moves fast. Proxima dominated a fairly powerful group
of heroes that would have given Diana a fight as well. I'm just
saying that Diana would be in for one hell of a fight here, and the
people saying that she wins easily are wrong. She may win.

DarkSaint85
her bracers. i wouldn't want to argue the point, because it's not
a certainty that it would be able to do anything other than being
deflected. Moving on, Proxima appears to be quite fast herself,
know light moves fast. Proxima dominated a fairly powerful group
of heroes that would have given Diana a fight as well. I'm just
saying that Diana would be in for one hell of a fight here, and the
people saying that she wins easily are wrong. She may win. thumb up Not a stomp, though I'd give WW the majority.

Stoic
thumb up Not a stomp, though I'd give WW the majority.

No to beat a dead horse, but Proxima's damage soak, has me
believing that she would take the majority here.

Cogito
I am also assuming that you are
Diana has, repeatedly and consistently, blocked FTL attacks with her bracers.

her bracers.
Not sure what one has to do with the other. Diana's bracers are an extremely powerful form of defense, and have blocked attacks far more powerful than Proxima's spear.

Moving on, Proxima appears to be quite fast herself,
know light moves fast.
We don't know that Proxima actually saw Monica. All we know is that she targeted her with her spear, and her spear almost never misses it's target. Doesn't really matter though, WW is FTL herself

Proxima dominated a fairly powerful group
of heroes that would have given Diana a fight as well.
Powerful?
Luke Cage
White Tiger
Power Man
Spiderman
Monica

A rather pathetic lineup, seriously. WW wouldn't even get out of bed to fight these chumps, and I say that as someone who's not even a big WW fan. Anyways, let's narrow this down to the list of people who actually fought Proxima:

Luke Cage

Yeah, this one's real tough.

DarkSaint85
No to beat a dead horse, but Proxima's damage soak, has me
believing that she would take the majority here.

Damage soak?

Cage made her bleed. A spear thrown by Shuri made her bleed (IIRC Doomwar meant all the vibranium was gone, so it was probably just a normal spear).

WW has an INSANELY sharp, mystical sword. Sure, you argue it didn't slow PM down in the slightest...but if a normal spear hurled by a peak human went pretty much all the way through her, imagine a super sharp mystical sword wielded by a legit superhuman.

Let alone pre-FP, with her tiara and lasso.

Cogito
Damage soak?

Cage made her bleed.

Indeed. Without Thanos' interruption, it looked like Cage had a legit chance of winning

Blue Area Vet

Thank you. Once again, WW is superior to all things except for Superman crap. PM so far looks incredibly formidable as well as sadistic.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by jitay

Nothing, it's just another opportunity to nut hug Superman in a thread that has nothing to do with Superman.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Cogito
Indeed. Without Thanos' interruption, it looked like Cage had a legit chance of winning

This was just a chance to give Cage some shine, no different than the Thing overperforming and showing heart. Cage was no match for her. His skin had already been breeched and she made fun of it.

Also, it doesn't matter that she bled. I have no idea why this keeps getting brought up. Wolverine bleeds all the time and it means nothing. If you notice, she throws her own spear with her LEFT hand moments after she was peirced by the spear through the left shoulder. There was no laster damage seconds after the attack.

Also, it appears that the spears track the opponent. This would put Diana in a vulnerable position. I think this is a GREAT matchup.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
This was just a chance to give Cage some shine, no different than the Thing overperforming and showing heart. Cage was no match for her. His skin had already been breeched and she made fun of it.

Also, it doesn't matter that she bled. I have no idea why this keeps getting brought up. Wolverine bleeds all the time and it means nothing. If you notice, she throws her own spear with her LEFT hand moments after she was peirced by the spear through the left shoulder. There was no laster damage seconds after the attack.

It keeps getting brought up...because WW has a sword that is much sharper, wielded by a user who is much stronger.

If a normal spear thrown by a peak human goes through her that easily, how easy do you think it would be to take her head off...or an arm off... (note how PM didnt (couldn't?) dodge)? DCnU isn't really the type to hold back in a fight, and it isn't like PM has an adamantium skeleton which saves her from being decapitated.

zopzop
WW wins.
thumb up

Cogito
Cage is meta. WW is HH. Match them against each other with Cage overperforming as much has he possible can, and Diana beats him while sleepwalking. The gap is enormous

Also, it appears that the spears track the opponent. This would put Diana in a vulnerable position.
Sure, if the spear ever hit Diana, which it never would.

Honestly, this shit should be closed for spite. Clearly too many people are speaking without having read any Wonder Woman.

Stoic
Damage soak?

Cage made her bleed. A spear thrown by Shuri made her bleed (IIRC Doomwar meant all the vibranium was gone, so it was probably just a normal spear).

WW has an INSANELY sharp, mystical sword. Sure, you argue it didn't slow PM down in the slightest...but if a normal spear hurled by a peak human went pretty much all the way through her, imagine a super sharp mystical sword wielded by a legit superhuman.

Let alone pre-FP, with her tiara and lasso.

I am arguing that if Diana stood there like Proxima, that same spear would have also penetrated her shoulder as well, but Diana would have certainly winced, and cried out in pain. For some odd reason I also don't see how blows that rocked the city like an earthquake could be low balled by anyone on this board, especially after seeing how Proxima appeared to enjoy it, while Cage a nearly indestructible man began developing welts, and received shattered ribs from her, while she appeared to be taking it easy on him. Lobo bleeds but I'm sure people here would say that he would beat the living mess out of Diana.

Stoic
Cage is meta. WW is HH. Match them against each other with Cage overperforming as much has he possible can, and Diana beats him while sleepwalking. The gap is enormous

Honestly, this shit should be closed for spite. Clearly too many people are speaking without having read any Wonder Woman.

How is Wonder Woman a High Herald? more likely that she is mid, because she would need help against guys like Superman, the Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer, Atrocitus, Blue Marvel, Sentry... should I continue, or have you gotten the point yet? Proxima toyed with Cage, and dropped him in her first assault. This is something that neither the Thing could do or Namor.

DarkSaint85
I am arguing that if Diana stood there like Proxima, that same spear would have also penetrated her shoulder as well, but Diana would have certainly winced, and cried out in pain. For some odd reason I also don't see how blows that rocked the city like an earthquake could be low balled by anyone on this board, especially after seeing how Proxima appeared to enjoy it, while Cage a nearly indestructible man began developing welts, and received shattered ribs from her, while she appeared to be taking it easy on him. Lobo bleeds but I'm sure people here would say that he would beat the living mess out of Diana.

Wince snd cry, from a normal spear, thrown by a peak female human?

You're gonna have to back that argument up.

As for the blows, you've seen Superman's fight against her, right?

Lobo is a nonfactor. His body is able to fight without a head. Can PM do that? No.

DarkSaint85
How is Wonder Woman a High Herald? more likely that she is mid, because she would need help against guys like Superman, the Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer, Atrocitus, Blue Marvel, Sentry... should I continue, or have you gotten the point yet? Proxima toyed with Cage, and dropped him in her first assault. This is something that neither the Thing could do or Namor.

You've forgotten her gear, which makes her HH.

A one shot haxx lasso.

That sword.

Tiara.

Gauntlets of Atlas

Etc.

Blue Area Vet

laughing Yeah, buddy, let's see if get that call.

Cogito
How is Wonder Woman a High Herald? more likely that she is mid, because she would need help against guys like Superman, the Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer, Atrocitus, Blue Marvel, Sentry... should I continue, or have you gotten the point yet?

Whether you want to argue WW is at the low end of HH or high end of Mid, does it really matter? Either way it's so far beyond Cage.

Proxima toyed with Cage, and dropped him in her first assault.

Toyed? This is the entirety of the fight. All five pages they appeared in together.

Page 1: Cage is dropped with a cheap shot from behind
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_MightyAvengers2013-002-009_zps85a1b560.jpg

Page 2: (Left out from prior page, Cage is definitely down) Cage gets up, stops Proxima's punch
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_MightyAvengers2013-002-012_zps896a329a.jpg

Page 3: Cage puts Proxima down. Proxima is clearly bleeding from the punches, and isn't putting up any visible resistance.
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_MightyAvengers2013-002-013_zps218a9e18.jpg

Page 4: Now Proxima starts to fight back, they appear extremely evenly matched.
Proxima: What does it take? What does it take to end you? Why will you not die?
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_MightyAvengers2013-002-014_zps2031926a.jpg

Page 5: Thanos interrupts. Cage is hit with another cheapshot. We see in the next page as Proxima is leaving, Cage is standing and fine.
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_MightyAvengers2013-002-015_zpsc99f8663.jpg

The fourth page is the important one. The one where they're extremely evenly matched, where Proxima is distressed because they're too evenly matched. I don't know how it could be any clearer that Proxima (minus spear) is Cage level. And again, the spear is negated by Diana's bracers, so it's a moot point.

Blue Area Vet
Whether you want to argue WW is at the low end of HH or high end of Mid, does it really matter? Either way it's so far beyond Cage.

Toyed? This is the entirety of the fight. All five pages they appeared in together.

Page 1: Cage is dropped with a cheap shot from behind
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_MightyAvengers2013-002-009_zps85a1b560.jpg

Page 2: (Left out from prior page, Cage is definitely down) Cage gets up, stops yProxima's punch
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_MightyAvengers2013-002-012_zps896a329a.jpg

Page 3: Cage puts Proxima down. Proxima is clearly bleeding from the punches, and isn't putting up any visible resistance.
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_MightyAvengers2013-002-013_zps218a9e18.jpg

Page 4: Now Proxima starts to fight back, they appear extremely evenly matched.
Proxima: What does it take? What does it take to end you? Why will you not die?
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_MightyAvengers2013-002-014_zps2031926a.jpg

Page 5: Thanos interrupts. Cage is hit with another cheapshot. We see in the next page as Proxima is leaving, Cage is standing and fine.
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_MightyAvengers2013-002-015_zpsc99f8663.jpg

The fourth page is the important one. The one where they're extremely evenly matched, where Proxima is distressed because they're too evenly matched. I don't know how it could be any clearer that Proxima (minus spear) is Cage level. And again, the spear is negated by Diana's bracers, so it's a moot point.

Stop it. PM is clearly depicted as being above Cage. If not, then you would have to accept the Thanos sent someone to lead an Earth invasion by a Luke Cage level character. Like I said, this was a Cage push. If Cage's skin was broken, he would be done. Thing vs Champion. By the way, Cage can't casually put down Monica.

abhilegend
Nothing, it's just another opportunity to nut hug Superman in a thread that has nothing to do with Superman. Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Stop it. PM is clearly depicted as being above Cage. If not, then you would have to accept the Thanos sent someone to lead an Earth invasion by a Luke Cage level character. Like I said, this was a Cage push. If Cage's skin was broken, he would be done. Thing vs Champion. By the way, Cage can't casually put down Monica.
laughing out loud

Another marvel nuthugger. Wonder Woman is superior to superman but would lose to someone Luke Cage was fighting evenly just because of something.

StiltmanFTW
Cage > pre-crisis DCU

carver9
I know one thing, that was a good showing for Cage...a lot of power displayed in that fight.

StiltmanFTW
More like a good showing for Proxima, Cage's been wanked for quite some time now.

Golgo13
Proxima Midnight= Disappointment.

DarkSaint85

Lol. I can accept Thanks sending someone to lead an Earth invasion by a Black Panther level character, and that person failing.

Oh wait, he totally did.

Give Cage a weapon that's fatal to most creatures, and can move likethe spear.....and he can.

Taking SSpectrum down is no mean feat.....for a meta tier. For a herald? Its bread and butter. Especially if you have a one shot kill weapon. Like PM's spear.

Or a lasso that, once wrapped around you, compels you to obey that person's every whim.

Batman-Prime
WW, faster, stronger, better h2h fighter and hot!

Blue Area Vet
Lol. I can accept Thanks sending someone to lead an Earth invasion by a Black Panther level character, and that person failing.

Oh wait, he totally did.

Give Cage a weapon that's fatal to most creatures, and can move likethe spear.....and he can.

Taking SSpectrum down is no mean feat.....for a meta tier. For a herald? Its bread and butter. Especially if you have a one shot kill weapon. Like PM's spear.

Or a lasso that, once wrapped around you, compels you to obey that person's every whim.

So.....the lasso and bracelets are insta win items that work in every case? That's the narrative.

DarkSaint85
So.....the lasso and bracelets are insta win items that work in every case? That's the narrative.

In a forum fight, why wouldn't she use them?

I am sure you have proof, in canon, of the lasso being broken/resisting WW's commands? And that these instances are something that PM can replicate?

On top of this, is there proof of the bracelets failing to block something? And again, would PM be able to replicate this?

Blue Area Vet
In a forum fight, why wouldn't she use them?

I am sure you have proof, in canon, of the lasso being broken/resisting WW's commands? And that these instances are something that PM can replicate?

On top of this, is there proof of the bracelets failing to block something? And again, would PM be able to replicate this?

I think the question is, are there examples of her failing to block/utilize her bracelets. If she's ever been hit, shot, or otherwise peirced, she either didn't use her bracelets or they failed. Same with the lasso. Does every battle end with her making her opponents succumb to her will? If not, then the lasso and bracelets are not insta win items and should not be portrayed as such.

DarkSaint85
But then, how can you not then chalk it up to PIS? Same reason why Flash gets hit, or Superman doesn't use his speed, or Hulk doesn't thunderclap with dimension destroying claps every comic fight?

Guess my point that I'm trying to make is, is WW faster than PM? PM's fight in Wakanda suggests so.

Is WW faster than PM's SPEAR? She's tagged Spectrum with it, but that's the only high showing of its speed. Would you then say Spectrum is slow? Or the spear is that fast?

If it IS that fast, is it faster than Darkseid's Omega Beam? Because I view that as an insta kill light speed attack as well, and she blocks it just fine.

Blue Area Vet
But then, how can you not then chalk it up to PIS? Same reason why Flash gets hit, or Superman doesn't use his speed, or Hulk doesn't thunderclap with dimension destroying claps every comic fight?

Guess my point that I'm trying to make is, is WW faster than PM? PM's fight in Wakanda suggests so.

Is WW faster than PM's SPEAR? She's tagged Spectrum with it, but that's the only high showing of its speed. Would you then say Spectrum is slow? Or the spear is that fast?

If it IS that fast, is it faster than Darkseid's Omega Beam? Because I view that as an insta kill light speed attack as well, and she blocks it just fine.

Well, first of all, we only have this one PM showing. Our knowledge of her is limited, whereas Wonderwoman has been going strong since the Jurassic period. Now, the spear attack is being underplayed. Catching Monica is a BIG deal. Throwing it to that effect is a BIG deal. I personally think that the fact the spears could damage a light based being is a big deal. I would not have thought it, so to say that WW will DEFINITELY be able to complete thwart the attack is a big of an assumption. She might. I've never viewed the Omega beans as moving anywhere near light speed. It was once depicted in a cartoon as beams that simply track around corners to the target at a slow pace for light beams. Also, while there is no evidence PM fought at high speeds, the fact that she could see Monica in light form and throw her spears well enought to tag her suggests she can at least perceive super speed. I don't think speed would be a factor in the fight in terms of giving WW some huge advantage.

DarkSaint85
Well, first of all, we only have this one PM showing. Our knowledge of her is limited, whereas Wonderwoman has been going strong since the Jurassic period. Now, the spear attack is being underplayed. Catching Monica is a BIG deal. Throwing it to that effect is a BIG deal. I personally think that the fact the spears could damage a light based being is a big deal. I would not have thought it, so to say that WW will DEFINITELY be able to complete thwart the attack is a big of an assumption. She might. I've never viewed the Omega beans as moving anywhere near light speed. It was once depicted in a cartoon as beams that simply track around corners to the target at a slow pace for light beams. Also, while there is no evidence PM fought at high speeds, the fact that she could see Monica in light form and throw her spears well enought to tag her suggests she can at least perceive super speed. I don't think speed would be a factor in the fight in terms of giving WW some huge advantage.

So...in other words, this could be a lowballing of Spectrum. Especially considering, when she threw it at Shuri, a random Wakandan soldier was able to register it was a threat to the queen, shout and scream, and throw his entire body in front of it.

Cartoons aren't canon, not sure why you brought it up to support your viewpoint.

nwg202
WW at this point

Blue Area Vet
So...in other words, this could be a lowballing of Spectrum. Especially considering, when she threw it at Shuri, a random Wakandan soldier was able to register it was a threat to the queen, shout and scream, and throw his entire body in front of it.

Cartoons aren't canon, not sure why you brought it up to support your viewpoint.

I never say it was cannon or treated it as it was. Comic panels don't move, they are still pictures. We have to deduce the movement because we can't see it. I think it is relevant how DC depicted the movement of the Omega beams in the cartoon. They tracked the target, but not any thing near light speed.

A lowballing of Spectrum? I didn't see it as such. I saw it as the spears accelerating to the speed of the target. That's the only way they could have caught up to Monica, unless for some inexplicable reason, Moncia decided to slow down and let the spears hit her.

abhilegend
Hahaha, using cartoons to determine the speed?

crylaugh

DarkSaint85
I never say it was cannon or treated it as it was. Comic panels don't move, they are still pictures. We have to deduce the movement because we can't see it. I think it is relevant how DC depicted the movement of the Omega beams in the cartoon. They tracked the target, but not any thing near light speed.

A lowballing of Spectrum? I didn't see it as such. I saw it as the spears accelerating to the speed of the target. That's the only way they could have caught up to Monica, unless for some inexplicable reason, Moncia decided to slow down and let the spears hit her.

So that would mean over short distances, a regular human (well, a well trained elite Wakandan soldier, but still human) is able to outreact the spear by a fair margin?

If they were slow-moving, do you think Flash would be so panicked? Flash, who has never been tagged before and is cocksure of his speed?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5NETczOJOT8/TyLNE_5ZJ-I/AAAAAAAAC0c/DE6S5pvcJ4o/s400/03.jpg

Blue Area Vet
So that would mean over short distances, a regular human (well, a well trained elite Wakandan soldier, but still human) is able to outreact the spear by a fair margin?

If they were slow-moving, do you think Flash would be so panicked? Flash, who has never been tagged before and is cocksure of his speed?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5NETczOJOT8/TyLNE_5ZJ-I/AAAAAAAAC0c/DE6S5pvcJ4o/s400/03.jpg

I think the Flash would have to move to buy time against them the same way Batman would. Like PM's spears, I think they gain on the target. And please note, I did not say they were "slow moving."

Let me ask you this. Did the Omega Beams or the spears appear to strike either target instantaneously? They certainly are not moving at light speed from the onset.

DarkSaint85
I think the Flash would have to move to buy time against them the same way Batman would. Like PM's spears, I think they gain on the target. And please note, I did not say they were "slow moving."

Let me ask you this. Did the Omega Beams or the spears appear to strike either target instantaneously? They certainly are not moving at light speed from the onset.

True, you said 'slow-moving for light beams'. Not sure what that would mean - light's pretty fast, after all. Even 10% of the speed of light is stupidly fast.

And your point is valid - neither Omega Beams nor spears are insta hit weapons. Time and time again, if they weren't shot at you in the back (like Spectrum with the spears, or Superman with the Omega Beams) you can block and/or dodge them. That is to say, if you can see them, you can react to them (see Wakandan soldier, Flash etc).

Which brings me back to my point, that WW can block and/or deflect PM's main (only?) weapon. A caveat, now that you have brought it up - if PM throws it when WW's back is turned in a sneak attack, and she cannot see it, then yes, it can harm her.

Blue Area Vet
True, you said 'slow-moving for light beams'. Not sure what that would mean - light's pretty fast, after all. Even 10% of the speed of light is stupidly fast.

And your point is valid - neither Omega Beams nor spears are insta hit weapons. Time and time again, if they weren't shot at you in the back (like Spectrum with the spears, or Superman with the Omega Beams) you can block and/or dodge them. That is to say, if you can see them, you can react to them (see Wakandan soldier, Flash etc).

Which brings me back to my point, that WW can block and/or deflect PM's main (only?) weapon. A caveat, now that you have brought it up - if PM throws it when WW's back is turned in a sneak attack, and she cannot see it, then yes, it can harm her.

I also argued that potentially, they could "occupy" her and make her vulnerable to other attacks, also Cap throwing his shield and following up with a blitz as the opponent is distracted blocking the shield, but at a much higher magnitude.

DarkSaint85
She truly does not seem that fast (PM, that is). After the first hits on Cage, HE was blitzing HER (or at least, punching her without any defence from her). Plus, again, Wakandan soldiers outreacted her, and Shuri speared her with a normal spear.

I've just never seen PM fight at a speed which could be described as a blitz.

Whereas WW is more than capable of dealing with attacks coming from different directions:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3237760-ww-13-13.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3237761-ww-13-19.jpg

Darkseid's beams up close:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3241173-jl6-3.jpg

And Pandora's bullets, which are capable of hurting even Phantom Stranger:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3241332-justice+league+%282011-%29+022-012.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3241333-justice+league+%282011-%29+022-013.jpg

Blue Area Vet
Hahaha, using cartoons to determine the speed?

crylaugh

Don't Troll On Me

shutup

abhilegend
You're bringing it on yourself. Why bring cartoons up at all?

Blue Area Vet
You're bringing it on yourself. Why bring cartoons up at all?

Nah, you are being a jerk wad all by yourself.

I explained why I brought it up to the person I was talking to. Run along.

abhilegend
Nah, you are being a jerk wad all by yourself.

I explained why I brought it up to the person I was talking to. Run along.
It still makes you a laughing stock. Run away.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Bump.

And here I was, the only one saying Proxima had a chance because her spear was so dangerous.

smile

But yea, current Wonder Woman gets taken outback and finger-banged. Pre-Flashpoint Diana might win but it would be a brutal fight imo because if she gets hit with that spear, it's over I think.

One-Punch
I was just about to bump this.

quanchi112
It still makes you a laughing stock. Run away. Irony.

eaebiakuya
I think WW have a good chance of refleting the spear. She has very fast reflexes. She have the speed and the strengh do defeat her.

ares834
Wonder Woman. Still.

Proxima's stock went up but I've seen nothing to suggest she can take a single hit from WW.

Cogito
Wonder Woman. Still.

Proxima's stock went up but I've seen nothing to suggest she can take a single hit from WW.

This.

And WW can still block the spear

DarkSaint85
Still WW. Rogers blocked two of the lances, got hit by one and WW isfar more practiced at blocking spears from mmultiple directions.

deathlife
Wonder Woman wins.

Mshinu
Wondy takes this.

ODG
This.

And WW can still block the spear Sure, she could try:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Bracers01.jpg

Golgo13
1. DCnU= Toss up.
2. Pre-Flashpoint= Diana.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by ODG
Sure, she could try:

Lmao! WW fans are going to have an aneurysm.

Blue Area Vet
Still WW. Rogers blocked two of the lances, got hit by one and WW isfar more practiced at blocking spears from mmultiple directions.

He deflected them with a big ass shield.

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
Sure, she could try:

Man, you've got a lot of balls, throwing around scans without the slightest bit of context.

What pierced WW's bracers there was a bullet. A love bullet, fired from Eros' pistols. Hades shot her hoping to make her fall in love with him. It was no real attack and it did no real damage. Ultimately Hades didn't even understand how the guns worked.
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_16_zps624933a4.jpg

But please, keep fighting the good fight against those awful contextless lowballers thumb up

Originally posted by ODG
Reverting back to prototypical contextless lowball behavior.

ODG
Man, you've got a lot of balls, throwing around scans without the slightest bit of context.

What pierced WW's bracers there was a bullet. A love bullet, fired from Eros' pistols. Hades shot her hoping to make her fall in love with him. It was no real attack and it did no real damage. Ultimately Hades didn't even understand how the guns worked.
http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/CogitoXP/media/16_zps624933a4.jpg

But please, keep fighting the good fight against those awful contextless lowballers thumb up . . . . .

Did you even think about what you wrote there? I know that Eros' bullets have a love effect. But they also clearly do physical harm.

Now reconsider what we both know to be true: considering the bullet had no love effect -- because Hades was incapable of loving others since he hated himself -- then really... the only thing the bullet actually did was cause physical harm by piercing through her bracers, piercing her chest and laying her completely out:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Bracers02.jpg

Wonder Woman didn't faint because of love. Because there was no love effect. The only thing that could have laid her out was the ballistic power of the bullet itself. So saying the attack "did no real damage" is just completely a$$-backwards. Look at the comic, ffs.

Cogito
I did read the comic. WW clearly knew what was going on the whole time, and basically set the whole thing up to save Zola from Hades.

Why would it make any sense for the guns to cause harm? Hades didn't want to kill Diana. Eros wouldn't want to kill whomever he was shooting. It's a modern adaptation of Cupid's arrow, not a murder weapon. Christ, you're still cutting off the important part of that page.

Hades: "Yes, Hermes...shoo. Can't you see she's in love?"
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_20_zpsc2017ea1.jpg

"Can't you see she's in love" not "Can't you see I just phucking murdered her?"

ODG
I did read the comic. WW clearly knew what was going on the whole time, and basically set the whole thing up to save Zola from Hades.

Why would it make any sense for the guns to cause harm? Hades didn't want to kill Diana. Eros wouldn't want to kill whomever he was shooting. It's a modern adaptation of Cupid's arrow, not a murder weapon. Christ, you're still cutting off the important part of that page. . . . . . .

Eros brandished those guns multiple times in defensive stances in response to possible threats and aggression. To argue that they can't do any harm whatsoever, renders each of those scenes nonsensical. Moreover, I don't get how you're still just completely ignoring how they pierced right through her bracer, arm and chest. Leaving bloody holes and then a visible scar when next we see her recover. How in the name of Zeus' bunghole can you possibly say they do no physical damage????? Originally posted by Cogito
Hades: "Yes, Hermes...shoo. Can't you see she's in love?"
http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/CogitoXP/media/20_zpsc2017ea1.jpg

"Can't you see she's in love" not "Can't you see I just phucking murdered her?" . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hades hating himself and incapable of allowing others to love him was what short-circuited the magical love effect. You posted the damn explanation yourself, but since your link is broken I'll post it again:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Bracers03.jpg

Wonder Woman wasn't forced to love Hades. That was the reveal of the entire story. The bullet was stripped of its magical love effect because of Hades' own inability to love himself. So if there was no love effect to lay Wonder Woman out, then what force was it that pierced right through her bracer, her arm, her chest, left a bloody hole and completely laid her out?

The natural ballistic power of Eros' bullet. Are you trying to tell me that it piercing her bracer was all an illusion or something? Da phuck, man. Read the comic and get over whatever is clouding your ability to reason.

Cogito
^ I'm suggesting that Eros brandished the guns because, to people who don't know what they are, they're menacing. I'm suggesting that Wonder Woman, and Hephaestus (when he gave the guns to her), knew exactly what was happening and played along.

But you want more proof? Let's continue...

Persephone: "Does it hurt?"
Wonder Woman: "No. It's a hole. It aches"
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_WonderWoman09RiZZ3Npg08_zps39c7602f.jpg

No, it doesn't hurt. It only aches, as in there's a hole in her heart that needs to be filled with love. That much is extremely clear from their dialogue in that issue. Obviously, since we know the gun had no real effect, Diana is playing this up. Your scans and hollow insults aren't necessary, because the whole thing was a ruse to save Zola

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm too lazy to read the entire discussion.

The bracers were pierced by a bullet from Eros' gun, that happened, it was real. Is this in contention or was there a new piece of evidence presented?

Cogito
I'm too lazy to read the entire discussion.

The bracers were pierced by a bullet from Eros' gun, that happened, it was real. Is this in contention or was there a new piece of evidence presented?

The contention is whether the bullets are real and they pierced the bracers because the bracers weren't strong enough, or whether they pierced because they're more abstract than that.

After all, DCnU Diana's bracers have blocked other attacks by Gods, so why would Eros' be so much more powerful when he's not even a remotely significant God? Nope. Combined with all the other evidence, I'm not buying it for a second.

Blue Area Vet

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_16_zps624933a4.jpg

But please, keep fighting the good fight against those awful contextless lowballers thumb up

Like I said, aneurysm.

ODG
^ I'm suggesting that Eros brandished the guns because, to people who don't know what they are, they're menacing. I'm suggesting that Wonder Woman, and Hephaestus (when he gave the guns to her), knew exactly what was happening and played along. You mean like when he was aiming at Wonder Woman who was beating up Hephaestus in the previous comic? Pause. Originally posted by Cogito
But you want more proof? Let's continue...

Persephone: "Does it hurt?"
Wonder Woman: "No. It's a hole. It aches"
http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/CogitoXP/media/WonderWoman09RiZZ3Npg08_zps39c7602f.jpg Somehow... the blood splatter we see and then an actual visible scar means that the bullet did no physical harm whatsoever.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t308/LPH_2007/gifs/gtfo.gif Originally posted by Cogito
No, it doesn't hurt. It only aches, as in there's a hole in her heart that needs to be filled with love. That much is extremely clear from their dialogue in that issue. Obviously, since we know the gun had no real effect, Diana is playing this up. Your scans and hollow insults aren't necessary, because the whole thing was a ruse to save Zola Eros' bullet having utterly pierced right through Diana's bracer and arm wasn't a ruse, you nimrod. I mean... what did Diana do exactly to set up this elaborate ruse? Drill a hole in her bracer, cover it with foil and a blood packet and have a fake hologram bullet projected to pierce into her chest, then pretend to faint, and the scar afterwards was also fake makeup? Jesus H. Christ in a hand basket set on fire to the sound of chortling llamas, are you being insanely ridiculous right now.

Cogito
^ Keep ignoring all the points I'm making and just focus on the ones I'm not. It's serving you well.

I never said it didn't pierce the bracers. It did.

I never said it didn't cause any damage. It opens a hole in the target to be filled by the shooter. Persephone basically said exactly that.

I don't know how the purpose of the gun could be more clear without making it kindergarten level writing. It's supposed to make people fall in love, not kill them. It's like Cupid's arrow, you get pierced by it. That part happens, but it doesn't do real damage.

ODG
It was no real attack and it did no real damage. Yeah, it just pierced right through her indestructible bracer, arm and into her chest and laid her out at Hades' mercy through sheer natural ballistic power, since it was utterly stripped of its usual love mojo due to Hades' own psychosis.

But I get it. Wonder Woman being one-shot by a weapon ought to be completely ignored like Hulk being one-shot by a weapon. Oh, wait. I remember you saying Hulk was never KTFO too. It must have been an off-panel ruse by Banner all along to lull her into a false sense of security and dropping her guard.

Yup, we get it though. Wonder Woman somehow faked the whole thing.

Cogito
Continuing with the evidence...

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/hades-ruse_zps4a9110d3.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
The contention is whether the bullets are real and they pierced the bracers because the bracers weren't strong enough, or whether they pierced because they're more abstract than that.

After all, DCnU Diana's bracers have blocked other attacks by Gods, so why would Eros' be so much more powerful when he's not even a remotely significant God? Nope. Combined with all the other evidence, I'm not buying it for a second.

What do you mean more abstract? That doesn't even make any sense. We saw them pierce Diana, break her bracers and enter her chest clear as day. There was nothing abstract about it. Whoever you shoot, the bullet will make them love you but that's about as mystical as it gets.

What are you talking about? What other evidence? Your reasoning comes down to it not being a showing you agree with so something else must be going on but nothing suggests that.

We saw Superman catch them out of the air as well:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a12c127eb71573892217b83a09be0be3/tumblr_miqzyeyqLK1qjzbc7o1_1280.jpg

The bullets are real, very real.

The problem is that Wonder Woman's comic isn't a high end super hero comic. The characters are much more scaled down and significantly more vulnerable. For example, this Universe's version of a Trans is getting cut by kitchen wear:
http://s12.postimg.org/dj14w8deh/image.jpghttp://s12.postimg.org/r1818ipjt/image.jpg

Those knives aren't abstract either.

Cogito
What do you mean more abstract? That doesn't even make any sense. We saw them pierce Diana, break her bracers and enter her chest clear as day. There was nothing abstract about it. Whoever you shoot, the bullet will make them love you but that's about as mystical as it gets.

What are you talking about? What other evidence? Your reasoning comes down to it not being a showing you agree with so something else must be going on but nothing suggests that.

We saw Superman catch them out of the air as well:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a12c127eb71573892217b83a09be0be3/tumblr_miqzyeyqLK1qjzbc7o1_1280.jpg

The bullets are real, very real.

The problem is that Wonder Woman's comic isn't a high end super hero comic. The characters are much more scaled down and significantly more vulnerable. For example, this Universe's version of a Trans is getting cut by kitchen wear:
http://s12.postimg.org/dj14w8deh/image.jpghttp://s12.postimg.org/r1818ipjt/image.jpg

Those knives aren't abstract either.

By abstract, I did not mean that they did not exist. They clearly exist. What I meant is that they don't play by the same rules as other weapons. They control an abstract concept -- love.

Yeah, Superman caught one. Different story, different writer, nothing's very established yet so there'll be continuity differences. That's to be expected. Another example of how the bullets aren't meant to harm though thumb up

ODG
Continuing with the evidence...

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/hades-ruse_zps4a9110d3.jpg Strife subtly tormenting Hades into disbelieving Wonder Woman's love has nothing to do with this imaginary plot by Diana to fake being one-shot by Eros' pistol. There was no plotting by Diana.

But we get it. Diana puts Constantine and Doom to shame. Look at this master manipulator who plots everybody's actions ahead of time:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Bracers05.jpg

Pfft, look at that. She's still in-character pretending to be clueless as to why Lennox, Eros and Hephaestus are there. Simply diabolical.

Cogito
It wasn't Diana's plot, it was Hephaestus'

Here he gives Diana the guns. The way he talks about them makes it clear there's a plan. Obviously there's a plan, why else would he give them to her. (Note: at this point, Diana knows nothing)
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_02_zps062709f7.jpg

Later: The wedding is announced. Hephaestus is the only family member expected. He makes Hades a gift...then makes sure he gets it.
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_18_zpsb1bdb0fd.jpg

Then: As they're leaving, Diana shoots Hades with the gun
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_19_zpsb09dda37.jpg

Then: What's Hades doing at this moment? Oh my, he's looking at the wedding gift Hephaestus just gave him. What is it? It's a shiny disc of some kind so he sees his reflection as Diana shoots him, thus making him fall in love with himself.
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_20_zps047475f4.jpg

There's no way Hephaestus expected any of this to happen is there? I mean, clearly all of these things falling into place were just coincidence. It's not like Hephaestus, mere pages before, was talking about how his family (Gods) should love more
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_15_zpsedbea9df.jpg

ODG
It wasn't Diana's plot, it was Hephaestus' What was it you just said a few posts ago? Oh, yeah, that's right: Originally posted by Cogito
I did read the comic. WW clearly knew what was going on the whole time, and basically set the whole thing up to save Zola from Hades. Oops on you.

In any event, none of your babbling in the above post is even coherently tied to the nonsensical notion that Diana faked getting one-shot by Eros' pistol. Now, let's see if you can understand plain English:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Bracers06.jpg

abhilegend
Superman stopped the same bullet. Superman>>Diana's bracers.

vin

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
What was it you just said a few posts ago? Oh, yeah, that's right: Oops on you. She figured it out. Probably when she got shot.

Originally posted by ODG
In any event, none of your babbling in the above post is even coherently tied to the nonsensical notion that Diana faked getting one-shot by Eros' pistol. Now, let's see if you can understand plain English:

For the 100th time, I did not say Diana faked being shot. Please keep up. What I'm saying is that the damage is more abstract, causing a hole in the victim that's to be filled by love. That much was pretty clearly spelled out for us in the Diana/Persephone conversation.

ODG
^ I'm not going to apologize for your own bizarre flip-flopping in this thread. You haven't made any sense, and I'm not the only one who's pointed that out. At this point, you're just equivocating over your own nonsense in a rather pitiable attempt to pretend you're not chewing on your own foot like a stubborn mule.

You talked out of your a$$ when you tried to throw my own scan back in my face. And you've been covering up for that blunder ever since with the most patently erroneous statements like these: Originally posted by Cogito
Obviously, since we know the gun had no real effect, Diana is playing this up. Originally posted by Cogito
After all, DCnU Diana's bracers have blocked other attacks by Gods, so why would Eros' be so much more powerful when he's not even a remotely significant God? Nope. Of course, Eros is only fooling himself here since we all know the guns have no real effect and couldn't possibly harm Diana, what them being worthless knockoffs of some minor deity and all:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Bracers07.jpg

What happens when you stare at that scan? Does your intransigence transform plain English words into a jumbled indecipherable mess like, "Iasudh gfu whedbc nuiqyd qidbcqidb iodcb wedocibedbehdb owbeidfbwed cihdf wery ufvewuf bwe?"

That's a rhetorical question. And I'm pretty much done with this utter farce of your's. What a senseless trainwreck of awful proportions.

celeyhyga17
Edge to Diana.

DarkSaint85
So we are equating Hephaestus' bullets with Proxima's spear now?

ODG
So we are equating Hephaestus' bracers with Cap's shield now?

Golgo13
So we all agree Diana wins? wink

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ODG
So we are equating Hephaestus' bracers with Cap's shield now?

Well, both were broken/pierced by mystical forces evil face

Actually, am equating WW's reaction speed to a Wakandan soldier. And her punches to an amped Luke Cage with Heart Force.

Not to mention, her sword to Shuri's spear.

ares834
Anyway, WW bracers stopped Darkseid's Omega Beams and Pandora's bullets. Don't see why they wouldn't stop Proxima's spear.

Cogito
^ And other Gods' attacks

ODG
Well, both were broken/pierced by mystical forces evil face

Actually, am equating WW's reaction speed to a Wakandan soldier. And her punches to an amped Luke Cage with Heart Force.

Not to mention, her sword to Shuri's spear. One was broken by the rampaging dark elder brother of Odin. The other was pierced by the gothic equivalent of Cupid.

While you're at it, why don't you try equating the speed of Orm's lightning bolt to that of the dark light tracers that outraced Spectrum's photonic form. Or the deep sea pressures + Trench creature toxin that imprisoned Diana to the star's weight + anti-photon corruption that restrained Hulk.

Not to mention, Proxima's spear to a normal champagne glass that stabbed Strife's hand who has manhandled Diana. Or Proxima's spear to normal kitchen knife cutlery that was flaying the First Born who roflstomped Diana. Or the wooden plank that delivered the coup de grace on First Born, etc., etc.

But yes, let's keep lowballing in a one-sided manner because that is what common sense demands of comic book discussions. I find it humorous that any of you would even think for a single second that these tired and witless ploys wouldn't cut both ways.

Golgo13
Superman stopped the same bullet. Superman>>Diana's bracers.

vin

Diana also stopped Pandroa's mystic bullets.

Golgo13
Anyway, WW bracers stopped Darkseid's Omega Beams and Pandora's bullets. Don't see why they wouldn't stop Proxima's spear.

Exactly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
By abstract, I did not mean that they did not exist. They clearly exist. What I meant is that they don't play by the same rules as other weapons. They control an abstract concept -- love.

Yeah, Superman caught one. Different story, different writer, nothing's very established yet so there'll be continuity differences. That's to be expected. Another example of how the bullets aren't meant to harm though thumb up

Based on what? Do you have any evidence to support this or was there any indication given that they have some special piercing properties?

Lol? So we just get to ignore pretty much any evidence that doesn't sit well with you? The bullets seem to be just that, bullets.

No one is saying that the bullets are meant to kill their targets, that's clearly not the case. However, we're discussing the bracer's stopping power and how they relate to Eros' guns and it is very clear that they are superior to the bracers and Diana's armor:

Again, Eros' bullets prove that sufficiently powerful force/magic/whatever can penetrate Diana's defenses. That doesn't mean that it's easy. After all, they stopped Darkseid's Omega Beams. Of course, he was also hurt by Wonder Woman's sword which was easily broken by Katanna and Atlantean weaponry that can't withstand hot water so you know, it's all relative to a certain level.

Sasaraixx

Again, Eros' bullets prove that sufficiently powerful force/magic/whatever can penetrate Diana's defenses. That doesn't mean that it's easy. After all, they stopped Darkseid's Omega Beams. Of course, he was also hurt by Wonder Woman's sword which was easily broken by Katanna and Atlantean weaponry that can't withstand hot water so you know, it's all relative to a certain level.

I think the only thing these scenes prove is that the writers at DC aren't on the same page and you can basically flip a coin as to how powerful she is going to be in any given story. It's pretty crappy writing if you ask me. The bracers stop the Omega Beams, but not Eros' bullets? Katana can break the sword, but it's powerful enough to hurt Darkseid? These are horrible inconsistencies. I think it's pretty pointless to try to argue anything about Nu52 Diana when she is written so differently in her own book. *shrug*

ares834
Only as inconsistent as many other comics.

DarkSaint85
You could say the same thing with Proxima Midnight, tbh.

dial J for Josh
I am on my Proxima buzz after the conclusion of infinity. Although her performance was impressive in the final showdown, I still have a hard time giving her the majority. Prior to infinity #6 I had the presumption that proxima's spear had special properties that could potentially move through objects via matter manipulation. But Cap negated this assumption with his shield. So if cap can deflect her spear then Diana's bracers should have the capacity to replicate that feat possibly neutralizing Proxima's main offensive tool. And if Diana closes the distance I can definately see her winning in a pure hand to hand bout due to her combat finesse and technicality. Ill give a very slight edge to Diana. Proxima is still amazing though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.