Big tournament Event Part 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I am Vegeta
Vegeta: hello and welcome back I'm your host vegeta with my partner Goku we will decided right now who will be going to the finals between Ivy, Scorpion, Blanka, and Captain america. We will start the match ups right now but first lets go to ringside with goku.

Goku: hello I'm goku king of all saiyens (vegeta rages in background) and we are going to start the first match between Blanka and captain america the contestants have stepped into the arena ad the match has started.

Vegeta: blanka charges up and goes for the first attacks but it seems cap stands strong beind his shield blocking his attacks.

Goku: it appears that cap throws a punch but Blanka sees it coming dodges it and now bites his arm flowing his electricity through cap.

Vegeta: cap yells in pain but brings his shield and smacks Blankas head making him let go and is now throwing punches and jabs right at Blanka.

Goku: blanka after taking several hits backs up and hits cap directly with his beast roll and cap has apparently knocked a lot of breath out of him

Vegeta: cap then launches his shield smacking it right in blankas forehead then comes straight back then shield bashes blanka.

Goku: that just made him mad cause now blanka does his electric thunder Attack and the electricity his just pulverizing cap but he seems to be able to tolerate it but who knows for how long.

Vegeta: Cap then runs punching blanka several times hit his shield and other hand but blanka starts getting distance away and is now charging his ultimate attack. THE LIGHTNING CANNONBALL.

Goku: he charges at cap but cap stands behind his shield and they make contact.

Vegeta: cap his sliding back but apparently blanka is running out of stamina and stops and then Cap leg sweeps Blanka getting him on the ground then starts bashes blanka several times with his shield to blankas neck head and anywhere else and knocks him out.

Goku: that's it folks Cap will be moving on to the finals now its time for the final fight between IVY and SCORPION to begin.

Vegeta: the fighters are ready and apparently scorpion takes the first strike with his spear but Ivy dodges and shoves her sword in the ground and is making them come out of the ground hitting scorpion.

Goku: But scorpion teleports and hell fire punches Ivy then uses the leg take down but Ivy gets up and slashing away at scorpion he is able to dodge some of the swings but apparently not all of them.

Vegeta: Scorpion then pulls out both swords and starts to block all her swings then gets up close for him to stab his spear in Ivy kicks her in the air then holds the spear so she dosent go far but has that hard stopped and fall.

Goku: Scorpion then charges at Ivy but she was planning for him to do that cause she activated her spell she used on batman and now scorpion is feeling the same blast but he dosent get hit by all of it and teleports behind Ivy then uses his axe to slice Ivy's arm off and it appears to be over.

Vegeta: but wait ivy comes with one last swing and tries to go for one last swing but scorpion dodges then takes off his mask and sets Ivy on fire and wins the match.

Goku: Thats it folks we have our final 2 fighters Scorpion and Captain america who will be on top they will have 5 minutes of rest before the next time(note this is our worlds time in yours it will probably be more like 5 days so till then cast your vote and who should be our first champion ever for the big tournament event).

Info on Scorpion
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Scorpion

Info on Captain America
http://marvel.wikia.com/Captain_America_(Steven_Rogers)

I am Vegeta
IMO I think scorpion takes it with having a larger variety in weapons, the use of magic and teleportation I think his skills will lead him to victory

battlemaster161
I dont know Cap has the speed and strength advantage but scorpion has an all round advantage. This is a tough dissension but I think scorpion will win in the end.

Sacred 117
I'm gonna be honest with you, IAV. I get you trying to present this in a narrative fashion, and I think that's cool, but I don't think telling the story vicariously through Goku and Vegeta through commentary banter really sells. I just couldn't see the likelihood of something such as that.

I'm not here to cast votes. I just wanted to provide some constructive criticism. I'm developing as a writer myself, so I couldn't help but view this from an artistic standpoint. Lol. Again, just trying to help. I hope it's not too personal.

I am Vegeta
Originally posted by Sacred 117
I'm gonna be honest with you, IAV. I get you trying to present this in a narrative fashion, and I think that's cool, but I don't think telling the story vicariously through Goku and Vegeta through commentary banter really sells. I just couldn't see the likelihood of something such as that.

I'm not here to cast votes. I just wanted to provide some constructive criticism. I'm developing as a writer myself, so I couldn't help but view this from an artistic standpoint. Lol. Again, just trying to help. I hope it's not too personal. Thanks for the tips TBH I kinda half fasted it and Im doing this cause I am majoring in Journalism and Graphic design cause I got a scholarship for them. But im probably gonna switch goku with someone else any suggestions.

battlemaster161
I want you to replace goku with krillen for some reason.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by I am Vegeta
Thanks for the tips TBH I kinda half fasted it and Im doing this cause I am majoring in Journalism and Graphic design cause I got a scholarship for them. But im probably gonna switch goku with someone else any suggestions.

Nice! I'm actually majoring in Film, but I seek to apply it to multiple fields. Good luck to you, man.

Anyways, the fact that you have them as commentators isn't the problem IMO. I just don't find that it's effective to use them as the sole storytelling devices. I'd suggest using the eyes of an omniscient narrator as opposed to the current third-person perspectives of Goku and Vegeta. This allows room to describe the atmosphere of the scene and all that takes place in it, as well as granting you allowance to see into the hearts and minds of the combatants, and so forth.

Make sense?

I am Vegeta
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Nice! I'm actually majoring in Film, but I seek to apply it to multiple fields. Good luck to you, man.

Anyways, the fact that you have them as commentators isn't the problem IMO. I just don't find that it's effective to use them as the sole storytelling devices. I'd suggest using the eyes of an omniscient narrator as opposed to the current third-person perspectives of Goku and Vegeta. This allows room to describe the atmosphere of the scene and all that takes place in it as well as allowance to see into the hearts and minds of the combatants, and so forth.

Make sense? sort of its 7:21 A.M where I am and I woke up at 5 A.M to get to Football practice and now Im at school so my brain still aint working at full power. How exactly would you tell it.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by I am Vegeta
sort of its 7:21 A.M where I am and I woke up at 5 A.M to get to Football practice and now Im at school so my brain still aint working at full power. How exactly would you tell it.

As I would usually tell a story. I would try delving into the combatants, as they're the subject matter. Focus on them a little more. Not just their actions, but maybe what they're feeling as well. Invite some tension.

As for the character commentators, keep them around as scenic support, but don't have them describe EVERYTHING. As the author, that's kind of YOUR job.

Beyond that, I would basically have to write it, and I haven't the time for that. I hope this helps. This is simply amateur recommendation, BTW.

Ferret Fiend
Cap most definitely

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.