Should i get anything?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolverinos
recently there is a wave of big name games like Arkham origins, battlefield 4, call of duty ghost, GTA 5, and of course assassins creed black flag.
now i got gta 5 already, had some fun and now i am preety much done with the game.
for me at least the online in GTA doesnt have much replay value so i find myself looking for another game.
however the question is should i get anything out of the big titles? i am talking about Arkham origins, battlefield 4, call of duty ghost and assassins creed black flag.

Arkham origins i heard is crap compared to the others, very repetitive and has some bugs, basically its the same arkham city only less good.

i saw gameplays of battlefield 4 and once again its the same battlefield 3 with new maps.

call of duty ghost? same as battlefield 4.

assasins creed black flag i didnt get to see much however it seems like its turning more into adventure game than a freakin assassination game.

what do you think about the whole subject?

FistOfThe North
Arkham is not crap, imo it's the best arkham game so far. Best batman game ever, practically.

Cod's funner than bf4, even though bf4 looks way better and has more options with a lot more players at once and bigger maps. I'm just more the lone wolf, free for all type and prefer cod because not only is it a better twitch shooter than the overly shaky cam shooting in bf4, but because it's not as team based like bf4, which is a concept i'm not interested in. It's never really about the group half the time with these clans anyway. So i'd get ghosts. Opps, already pre got it.

AC4? If you want it that badly then get it but if it just tickles your curiosity then don't and just watch youtube videos on it, that way you satisfy your craving of it, and you'll save $60 bucks at the same time. To me it's gonna be the same thing mechanically with a couple of forgettable shiny extras not worth the investment.

What system are you considering getting these games for?

wolverinos
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Arkham is not crap, imo it's the best arkham game so far. Best batman game ever, practically.

Cod's funner than bf4, even though bf4 looks way better and has more options with a lot more players at once and bigger maps. I'm just more the lone wolf, free for all type and prefer cod because not only is it a better twitch shooter than the overly shaky cam shooting in bf4, but because it's not as team based like bf4, which is a concept i'm not interested in. It's never really about the group half the time with these clans anyway. So i'd get ghosts. Opps, already pre got it.

AC4? If you want it that badly then get it but if it just tickles your curiosity then don't and just watch youtube videos on it, that way you satisfy your craving of it, and you'll save $60 bucks at the same time. To me it's gonna be the same thing mechanically with a couple of forgettable shiny extras not worth the investment.

What system are you considering getting these games for?

thank you for the answers.
i consider getting them for the PS3, i am really trying to decide between them all but i think i will go with batman

MooCowofJustice
You could always consider getting some good games. :P Like the Kingdom Hearts remake that came out a while ago, or the JRPG Ni No Kuni: The Wrath of the White Witch from a year or so ago.

I don't go for many of the big titles. Astonishingly, I was extremely disappointed with Assassin's Creed 3, and that's forcing me to not support Black Flag. I normally avoid all FPS games based on gameplay similarities and generic reasons, but I considered giving Battlefield 4 a shot when I have some time for a rental.

So yeah, if you had to pick one of those, probably Battlefield 4 gets my vote. Otherwise, look outside this list.

ScreamPaste
Pokemon X or Y.

Arachnid1
Arkham Origins is more of a rent. It wasn't as good as the second, but better than the first. It was still a great game though.

GTAV would be a good choice. It will kill a ton of time for you with just the single player alone. The multiplayer takes it to a whole new level (though I've heard it gets tedious after a while).

AC4 is apparently the best of the series according to reviews. You should be able to kill a ton of time with it, and playing a pirate/assassin seems worth it enough for me. I'd wait for the next gen version though. Thats what I'm doing anyway.

Out of your choices, you should go Battlefield 4. You wont regret it.

-Pr-
I don't play FPS games for anything other than story, so I'm not fit to judge, as most play them for MP.

Arkham is a great game imo, just needs to iron out some of the bugs that have plagued people.

Black Flag looks good, but I worry that it's too much like the older games tbh.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Arachnid1

AC4 is apparently the best of the series according to reviews. You should be able to kill a ton of time with it, and playing a pirate/assassin seems worth it enough for me. I'd wait for the next gen version though. Thats what I'm doing anyway.

Depends on what you mean by best. If you mean gameplay, then yes, it is the best now given that it has a refined version of ACIII's gameplay (and gives us naval free-roam which is surprisingly fun), which used to be the best in the series. Though ACIV's 'present day' gameplay is almost as shitty as Desmond's first person's sequences in AC:Revelations.

If you mean as a whole package (storyline, missions, etc.) then nah. That honour still belongs to ACII.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Depends on what you mean by best. If you mean gameplay, then yes, it is the best now given that it has a refined version of ACIII's gameplay (and gives us naval free-roam which is surprisingly fun), which used to be the best in the series. Though ACIV's 'present day' gameplay is almost as shitty as Desmond's first person's sequences in AC:Revelations.

If you mean as a whole package (storyline, missions, etc.) then nah. That honour still belongs to ACII. Assassins Creed 2 is my favorite too. I was hoping Black Flag would outdo it. I'm still going to gold out hope, but that kind of makes me worried.

Estacado
I havent played Ac since the 2nd one but Im really enjoying it.
New things for me they basically stole Fc3 hunting crafting system though its abit more simple.You can hunt for different sharks and whales on the sea this is like a mini game where You get into a boat and start to throw harpoons at the shark and he begins to pull the boat then you have to hit him again before itbreaks the rope and attacks back or you can just hit it before the attack the get a hold on it again it's pretty fun.
Thanks to crafting you can carry 4 pistols and do gun kata with them kinda like Dante light....
There is a new dart shooter pipe with sleeping dart,berserk dart and rope dart(havent got it yet).Its pretty funny when you hit the target during assassin missions with a berserk dart then he goes apeshit attacking nearby enemy and right after he gets gangbanged by the others...haermm
I also like that you can hire people to attack others for you.Pirating is fun spent a lot of time on upgrading my ship.Now you actually get rewards for completing missions like swords ,pistols and outfits.
You can also take over fortresses by destroying their defenses with your ship then board to find the officers and kill them claiming it for your own.Each syncrozitaion point can be fast traveled to.Its great so far played about 15 hours game process shows 32% but havent really played the story missions.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by wolverinos
Arkham origins i heard is crap compared to the others, very repetitive and has some bugs, basically its the same arkham city only less good. Everything you said is pretty accurate except stating it's crap. It pretty much is another Arkham City(just not quite as polished). Even so, not necessarily bad considering how good AC was. Arkham Origins is definitely worth playing. Great game despite all of its flaws really.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

If you mean as a whole package (storyline, missions, etc.) then nah. That honour still belongs to AC: Brotherhood. I fixed that for you.

Kazenji
Shame some people on here stopped at AC 2 because Brotherhood was a good follow up.

Phanteros

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.