Thor vs Hulk (from Avengers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K-Dog
During the battle scene on The Avengers (non cartoon movie) where Hulk "jokingly" punches Thor to the side, Thor takes it personally and wants to see if this big ogre is his equal. Thor can not throw his hammer or use any lightning attacks. He cannot fly unless it is to keep him from flying backward from a Hulk punch.
(If Thor must use a rapidly circular pattern slinging hammer as a shield indefinitely to keep Hulk away but it keeps either side from landing good attacks as a delay tactic, Hulk will be given a win decision after 30 minutes).

jinXed by JaNx
What's the point of this thread?

Thor can't throw his hammer, summon lightning or fly? This may as well be Captain America without his shield vs the Hulk

K-Dog
Well he still gets his hammer for attacking (which should help immensely I believe). I believe that based on feats, Thor should last a little longer against the Hulk than Captain America. wink Oh, and by the way, giving him the hammer would be more like Captain American WITH his shield.
What kind of fight is it going to be if it based on a lightning storm? Or continually flying away? Should we make it Human Torch vs Hulk? It is two bricks the way I made it--should be fair enough. The smaller one also has a good weapon. Both are very durable, reasonably fast, very strong, good feats, etc.

Silent Master
No fight is ever really fair...let's be honest, you gimped Thor so that the Hulk would have a chance. angel

Mindset
Give Thor his full range of powers and Hulk could still win.

FrothByte
Not a very fair fight. Thor would give Hulk one hell of a fight. He's still faster and more skilled. But without his other powers he'll be stuck in a fist fight with Hulk... Hulk who'll keep getting stronger and will eventually overcome Thor.

Now give Thor his full powerset and he can take on Hulk. Without it, it will be a good fight but only until Thor tires out.

K-Dog
You guys don't think Thor can throw a Bifrost bridge breaking hammer swing at Hulk's head, knock him down, then put the hammer on top of his chest to hold him down (like he did Loki), and then put him in an arm bar and make him tap out? Come on, where is your godly spirit?!

Silent Master
You think that Thor wins a majority by trapping the Hulk under Mjolnir?

FrothByte
Originally posted by K-Dog
You guys don't think Thor can throw a Bifrost bridge breaking hammer swing at Hulk's head, knock him down, then put the hammer on top of his chest to hold him down (like he did Loki), and then put him in an arm bar and make him tap out? Come on, where is your godly spirit?!

Sure he can. And even if he doesn't use that tactic, there's a very good chance that Thor might knock out Hulk at the early stages of their fight if he gives it his all.

That said, it's going to be extremely hard for him to do it and I don't see him pulling off a win more than once or twice. He'll definitely need to put more effort into it than the Hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.