Blue Marvel vs. Mr. Majestic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

zopzop
BM!

Golgo13
Majestic rips him in half.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
BM!

This. If we go by space cheese fts, Majestic wins. If we go by fights, Blue Marvel wins. With that said, BM wins 6 or 7/10.

guy222
Marv

Warlord
did he figh Gora already?

deathslash
Blue Marvel 7/10

Galan007
Majestic.

If Blue Marvel ends up tooling Shuma, my opinion will obviously change.

Enzeru
I hope Blue Marvel beats Shuma-Gorath. That makes the Sentry look even better, trollolololololo.

Galan007
So BM one-shotted the physical aspect of Shuma:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16944335_Mighty_Avengers_2013-_003-005.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16944337_Mighty_Avengers_2013-_003-006.jpg
However, it took Monica(whom BM was amping) to defeat the astral/true form of Shuma. I think slaying the physical form of Shuma is something *most* Superman-esque characters could have done.

Batman-Prime
Majestics 7/10

carver9
I disagree Galan.

Galan007
Why?

The physical aspect of Shuma that BM killed was stated to be "the smallest part of it--like a fingernail scratching at out reality."

Aside from that, it wasn't mentioned that BM was using any of his exotic powers when he preformed that feat-- he simply flew through Shuma at high speeds. /shrug

carver9
BM used something...he is glowing Blue with energy when he flew through Shuma...you even see blue energy around him.

What other showings of Shuma durability makes you believe that what BM did is only a Herald level showing.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
BM used something...he is glowing Blue with energy when he flew through Shuma...you even see blue energy around him. True, but no specific ability was mentioned-- we only see the aura. It's really speculation to assume he was amped THAT far beyond his standard levels, when absolutely NO narration is indicative of such.

But IF we assume the aura=anti-matter energy, then the feat makes more sense, and *may* not be in the realm of possibility for characters who don't also possess anti-matter powers.

What other showings of Shuma durability makes you believe that what BM did is only a Herald level showing. When else have we seen "the smallest part of Shuma" on panel?

Golgo13
Is this like adam flying rigjt through the spectre?

Parmaniac
Gorath wasn't even 100% made physical when he got up he said: My substance thickens, I grow more real.

That dashing feat really isn't as OP as it might seem at first.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
True, but no specific ability was mentioned-- we only see the aura. It's really speculation to assume he was amped THAT far beyond his standard levels, when absolutely NO narration is indicative of such.

But IF we assume the aura=anti-matter energy, then the feat makes more sense, and *may* not be in the realm of possibility for characters who don't also possess anti-matter powers.

When else have we seen "the smallest part of Shuma" on panel?

When you say amped, are you talking about Shuma being amped or BM? If you're talking about BM, why would he be amped if its his powers that's surrounding him? If you're talking about Shuma, well, even a small portion of his power would put him at high trans to low skyfather imo.

Well, yeah, it would be antimatter but that doesn't take away from the ft since that's BM thang. Its a high ft and this kinda add up a lot of things regarding BM and his showings. The guy is just powerful and a Watcher consistently following him proves that as well.

With that said, BM wins the high majority imo. I would put that showing above taking out Adam imo. Looking at the scene, BM killed Shuma physical form.

Golgo13
Shuma gets no respect.

Galan007
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Gorath wasn't even 100% made physical when he got up he said: My substance thickens, I grow more real.

That dashing feat really isn't as OP as it might seem at first. thumb up

When "the smallest part of Shuma" reformed a few pages later, it had thickened it's substance, which would've rendered a second attack from BM ineffectual:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16945378_Mighty_Avengers_2013-_003-010.jpg

When you say amped, are you talking about Shuma being amped or BM? If you're talking about BM, why would he be amped if its his powers that's surrounding him? If you're talking about Shuma, well, even a small portion of his power would put him at high trans to low skyfather imo.

Well, yeah, it would be antimatter but that doesn't take away from the ft since that's BM thang. Its a high ft and this kinda add up a lot of things regarding BM and his showings. The guy is just powerful and a Watcher consistently following him proves that as well.

With that said, BM wins the high majority imo. I would put that showing above taking out Adam imo. Looking at the scene, BM killed Shuma physical form. You're overhyping the shit out of that feat. It was impressive, but certainly not THAT impressive. I suggest reading the comic itself to get ALL of the details: Mighty Avengers #3.

Originally posted by Golgo13
Shuma gets no respect. Yeah, he really is treated like fodder.

KingD19
Shuma saying it wouldn't happen again doesn't mean it wouldn't work a second time. Especially since BM didn't appear to be going anywhere near full tilt to take him down with his first attack.

Galan007
Originally posted by KingD19
Shuma saying it wouldn't happen again doesn't mean it wouldn't work a second time. Especially since BM didn't appear to be going anywhere near full tilt to take him down with his first attack. It's possible, sure.

Speculation either way, though.

vince_slice
I think that the "fingernail" comment from Shuma shows that he was only at a small fraction of his power when Blue Marvel blew through his physical body.

If Shuma had grown to full power I doubt BM would be able to do that, which is sort of implied in the book, since Shuma said he was growing stronger with every moment. The team had to attack Shuma's astral body (White Tiger did this) and his physical body (Spectrum amped by BM did this) at the same time to expel him from the universe.

Golgo13
Yup.

CortSether
Blue Marvel, imo.

As for Shuma, I don't see the defeat here as all that bad. It just made Shuma's more recent prior defeats that much more excusable, like when he was summoned by Nicholas Scratch "weak and hungry" or when he was driven back by the Spear of Destiny before he made it out of his portal. Based on Spider Hero's comments it's known that Shuma needs time to fully manifest when summoned even if his physical body can be seen. So he's getting defeated at a fraction of his total power.

Golgo13
The swords will give BM hell. Majestic has the edge, IMO.

Senor Cage
Still Majestic. Smarter, faster, stronger, better fighter, better gear, etc...

DarkSaint85
This. If we go by space cheese fts, Majestic wins. If we go by fights, Blue Marvel wins. With that said, BM wins 6 or 7/10.

No abhi, and yet "space cheese" is mentioned lmao.

playa1258
Majestic ftw.

lawest9
Majestic definitely

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Still Majestic. Smarter, faster, stronger, better fighter, better gear, etc...

What is the bases for being "smarter"? BM is a super genius.

BM shows fighting skill before gaining power.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by TheHulkster
What is the bases for being "smarter"? BM is a super genius.

BM shows fighting skill before gaining power.

Scientific genius. Both are, but Majestic has better inventing skills.

Stoic
Adam after a decent fight.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Adam after a decent fight. Adam is slow and has no defense against the blades

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Adam is slow and has no defense against the blades

How is he slow? He beat a guy capable of matching Gladiator's speed, which obviously means that he can keep up. Where did you see bladed weaponry in the OP? Stop being a follower h1, Most of Majestic's appearances show him fighting without a weapon.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by h1a8
Adam is slow and has no defense against the blades

And he's a better fighter.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
How is he slow? He beat a guy capable of matching Gladiator's speed, which obviously means that he can keep up. Where did you see bladed weaponry in the OP? Stop being a follower h1, Most of Majestic's appearances show him fighting without a weapon. Colussus has kept up with Gladiator. Doesn't mean he's faster than a bullet. Captain America has kept up with beings who has kept up with Surfer. I can go on and on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.