Pre-Flashpoint Superman (Lowballed) v.s. Wolverine (High showings)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
All right, call me crazy but I want to know if this thread can be made to work.

I see a lot of typical 'equal standing 1v1, fox only, final destination' threads, but let's try something different. Let's try inherently unbalancing a thread containing a low meta and a high herald.

Here's what I have in mind:

We take only Wolverine's highest showings, and compare them only to Superman's lower end. Only low end showings that have no context or reasoning behind them matter. Superman being explicitly weakened or holding back for example is not a low showing. Nor is early history 'still learning my strength' style stuff up for grabs.

Is the gap simply too wide to be bridged by these unfair stipulations, or can Wolverine take a fight or two off the Man of Steel?

DarkSaint85
Interesting...I'd like Abhi to come in here, make a case for Superman, and back it up with his EXTENSIVE collection of low Superman showings...

As for the thread, yes, Wolverine can take a few fights.

-Pr-
If you use the Byrne-era and really swing for those low feats, it's doable.

It does require a LOT of ignorance though, as even Byrne Superman at his average was far above Logan.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-
It does require a LOT of ignorance though, as even Byrne Superman at his average was far above Logan.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

As for the thread, yes, Wolverine can take a few fights.

Cogito
Not even Byrne is nearly low enough, IMO

pym-ftw
Wolverine could pull it off if we take his high showings vs a superman who will take a punch to the face, active superman still will throw him into orbit.

abhilegend
Even with lowest showings superman would take it.

DarkSaint85
What low showings does Superman have, abhi?

eaebiakuya
Wolverine High showing = tagging Gladiator

Uriel005
Low showing superman w/ his tendency to eat the first couple shots can definitely give wolverine the win but even at his worst, it is still up to Superman to lose the fight more than it is about Wolverine pulling something out of his ass to win it.

Basically if we have low end durability superman who is going to let wolverine try to swiss cheese him he loses. But even on low end I don't see it happening very often.

Wolverine 2-4/10 depending on how stupid you want superman to play it.

however if we take out the CIS for Superman to sit and eat shots then he wins via bfr easily.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What low showings does Superman have, abhi?
Not much but he does have his low showings. If you really want them PM me.

ScreamPaste
...Why can they not be discussed in a thread where they're actually relevant? erm

StiltmanFTW
Abhi would sooner die than reveal them to the public.

abhilegend
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
...Why can they not be discussed in a thread where they're actually relevant? erm
Because guys like Carver and Quan can't be trusted with such information. This thread would die in some hours, they would trumpet those showings forever.

Uriel005
Originally posted by abhilegend
Because guys like Carver and Quan can't be trusted with such information. This thread would die in some hours, they would trumpet those showings forever. it was a mistake even acknowledging their existence abhi...

abhilegend
Originally posted by Uriel005
it was a mistake even acknowledging their existence abhi...
It was a mistake we all do time to time.

Batman-Prime
Wolverine at his best, the best there is, could hurt or even kill Superman at his worst.

Superman at his worst doesn't use HV or Superspeed. While Wolverine tags and hurts heralds and trans beings with his claws. He could blind Supes or even gut him. Just my opinion.

Uriel005
Originally posted by abhilegend
It was a mistake we all do time to time. Hey now. Acknowledging them as people is fine. I meant acknowledging the scans exist in front of them was a bad thing.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Uriel005
Hey now. Acknowledging them as people is fine. I meant acknowledging the scans exist in front of them was a bad thing.
embarrasment

Ambient
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa312/RRoldz/image-7.jpg

I FOR THE WIN!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.