Conan vs. Conan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
Arnold's version as of Conan the Destroyer versus Jason Momoa's Conan reboot version. No PIS. Neutral setting. Movie feats only, of course.

Who wins?

BruceSkywalker
Momoa was god awful.. horrendus.. for those reasons alone. Arnold stomps

Stealth Moose
In what way? I'm not saying Arnold couldn't win in a hypothetical battle, but in what way is Momoa that much inferior?

KingD19
Arnold was physically stronger I believe, but Mamoa was much faster and seemed to be more skilled and ferocious. He takes a majority.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by KingD19
Arnold was physically stronger I believe, but Mamoa was much faster and seemed to be more skilled and ferocious. He takes a majority.

Mamoa was much faster, I agree. I don't recall exceptional strength feats from him though. I may have to rewatch it.

FrothByte
I guess it depends on whether we're talking about h2h combat or sword combat?

H2H, Arnold would have a slight advantage because his Conan I believe was stronger. Armed with swords, Momoa dances circles around Arnold. Not to mention that Momoa is taller which probably gives him a significant advantage.

Stealth Moose
He's got three inches on Arnie, true. I think your assessment is pretty good.

Robtard
Arnold kicks his ass. The fighting choreography was god-awful in the remark and Arnold is a bred pit-fighter who was then trained my sword masters from the East.

Strength, Arnold is super-human.

Esau Cairn
Arnold may have been trained by sword masters but I really don't remember any scenes where he was actually in a sword fight.
He was more of a brawler, using his fists or clubbing someone down off their horses.

Momoa slices & dices Arnold to shreds.

Robtard
He fought several times with his sword in Conan and Conan The Destroyer.

Also had a few fights where he used something other than a sword as a weapon.

quanchi112
Robbie goes with who he likes more. Facts just get in his way.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Robbie goes with who he likes more. Facts just get in his way.

You haven't seen Conan (1982) and probably not the remake, so why are you in here?

Answer: To draw attention to yourself cos you're a known attention whore. STFU; GTFO

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
You haven't seen Conan (1982) and probably not the remake, so why are you in here?

Answer: To draw attention to yourself cos you're a known attention whore. STFU; GTFO I have seen them both but Arnold was not that impressive in his films. I think the new one was trash but then again I'm objective.

Robtard
I have seen them both but Arnold was not that impressive in his films. I think the new one was trash but then again I'm objective.

Stop lying and stop derailing the thread, attention-whore.

quanchi112
Stop lying and stop derailing the thread, attention-whore. What feats of Arnan make you believe he wins this ?

Robtard
What feats of Arnan make you believe he wins this ?

Not getting into yet another debate with a known clown who hasn't seen at least 1/2 of the characters here. Move along; troll elsewhere smile

quanchi112
Not getting into yet another debate with a known clown who hasn't seen at least 1/2 of the characters here. Move along; troll elsewhere smile If you won't answer any debate related questions why do you come here ? Do I need to take a certain someone to Denny's again.

Robtard
If you won't answer any debate related questions why do you come here ? Do I need to take a certain someone to Denny's again.

Answer: To draw attention to yourself cos you're a known attention whore. STFU; GTFO

dadudemon
lol, Robtard mad.

I want Arnie to win because he was a better Conan.

Jason is definitely the better skilled fighter.

quanchi112
Again, arnie is far cooler but he loses though. Quit being emotional and going with your heart.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
lol, Robtard mad.

You really don't need to fan the drama-fire for more drama, he's going to do what he's going to do without it. Thanks thumb up

quanchi112
You really don't need to fan the drama-fire for more drama, he's going to do what he's going to do without it. Thanks thumb up It is just a versus thread. Just please don't get so worked up over being wrong in the future.

Robtard
It is just a versus thread. Just please don't get so worked up over being wrong in the future.

/derp

quanchi112
/derp Concession accepted just like an argument with your wife.

Robtard
Concession accepted just like an argument with your wife.

/derp

quanchi112
/derp Arnan loses. I don't like it but I'm bound by higher ethics than you.

Robtard
Arnan loses. I don't like it but I'm bound by higher ethics than you.

/derp

quanchi112
/derp Derping isn't debating.

Robtard
Derping isn't debating.

/derp

quanchi112
/derp If you say it again you agree I'm your lord and master.

Robtard
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23100000/DERP-derp-23141158-815-622.jpg

quanchi112
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23100000/DERP-derp-23141158-815-622.jpg Haha, I control you.

Robtard
Haha, I control you.

/derp

quanchi112
/derp So easy.

Robtard
So easy.

/derp

quanchi112
/derp Arnan loses.

Robtard
Not getting into yet another debate with a known clown who hasn't seen at least 1/2 of the characters here. Move along; troll elsewhere smile

quanchi112
You keep running from me. How can you respect yourself ?

Robtard
You keep running from me. How can you respect yourself ?

/derp

quanchi112
/derp You can't can you ?

Robtard
You can't can you ?

/derp

quanchi112
/derp Based on what does Arnie win ?

Robtard
Based on what does Arnie win ?

quanchi112
So you don't know.

Robtard
So you don't know.

/derp

quanchi112
/derp You should watch the movies at least.

Robtard
You should watch the movies at least.
http://imageshack.us/a/img705/9664/noyou1.jpg

quanchi112
http://imageshack.us/a/img705/9664/noyou1.jpg I liked the Arnold Conan. Good flick.

Robtard
I liked the Arnold Conan. Good flick.

/derp

quanchi112
/derp I guess you didn't.

Robtard
I guess you didn't.

/derp

dadudemon
You really don't need to fan the drama-fire for more drama, he's going to do what he's going to do without it. Thanks thumb up

Oh snap: he's turned the sassy guns on me. Lawd, Hep Meh Jeezuz!

Robtard, it's okay. Just ignore him. If you don't respond, he can't troll you.

Robtard
Oh snap: he's turned the sassy guns on me. Lawd, Hep Meh Jeezuz!

Robtard, it's okay. Just ignore him. If you don't respond, he can't troll you.

/derp

/derp

Are you bored tonight, something get your goat?

dadudemon
Are you bored tonight, something get your goat?

Tone down the sassy. I just gave you awesome advice. Seriously, if he adds nothing new, don't respond.

No, I've been quite busy, really.

Robtard
Tone down the sassy. I just gave you awesome advice. Seriously, if he adds nothing new, don't respond.

No, I've been quite busy, really.

Fair enough. Usually when you jump in to champion a clown and try and stir shit it's cos you're miffed about something.

quanchi112
/derp What makes you think Arnold wins ?

quanchi112
Fair enough. Usually when you jump in to champion a clown and try and stir shit it's cos you're miffed about something. Quit flaming.

Robtard
Quit flaming.

/derp

quanchi112
/derp I don't want to derail this thread I want to debate. Arnold was not as impressive as Conan despite the movie being far better. Do you understand ?

Robtard

Esau Cairn
He fought several times with his sword in Conan and Conan The Destroyer.

Yes, Arnie did use a sword. I'm just saying I don't recall him fighting against another character that was as skilled with the blade.

And soldiers armed with swords & get killed in seconds, don't count.

Robtard
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Yes, Arnie did use a sword. I'm just saying I don't recall him fighting against another character that was as skilled with the blade.

And soldiers armed with swords & get killed in seconds, don't count.

He took on both of Thulsa's generals (Rexor & Thorgrim) at the same time and didn't die. Rexor was physically strong enough to break apart a massive stone column with a hammer/maul swing(or two) and Rexor was durable enough to have a huge chunk of that column (probably close to a ton) fall on him and survive with no shown damage. Later he killed them individually, iirc. Arnold fought more than just cannon fodder.

Who are you thinking of for Momoa Conan?

Esau Cairn
He took on both of Thulsa's generals (Rexor & Thorgrim) at the same time and didn't die. Rexor was physically strong enough to break apart a massive stone column with a hammer/maul swing(or two) and Rexor was durable enough to have a huge chunk of that column (probably close to a ton) fall on him and survive with no shown damage. Later he killed them individually, iirc. Arnold fought more than just cannon fodder.

Who are you thinking of for Momoa Conan?

Well it's been over 10 years since I last saw an Arnie/Conan movie so honestly the fights with Rex & Thor don't stand out in my mind...

I just recall Momoa's last final sword fight was against a skilled worthy opponent. Not that it did much to save the movie.

Point is, Momoa was a more agile fighter compared to Arnie being all bulk & muscle. Agility would be the key to wining this fight.

Stealth Moose

quanchi112
Concession accepted.

quanchi112

Stealth Moose
What have I said that is not objective ?

You said a movie was trash and in the same breath said you were objective. If you can't see the irony in that, those goofy sharks are you.

[PROTOTYPE]
I'd say Arnold. He found out how to kill the mirror creature in the first minute. But who am I to judge? I've only seen Arnold but I think here we have a tie. confused But if we pit the two in the Imperial City Arena, Someone would HAVE to die. But whichever Conan does die, I know enough that the survivor would Happy Dance in the dead ones face. rolling on floor laughing But, like I said earlier... who am I to judge?

[PROTOTYPE]
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Arnold may have been trained by sword masters but I really don't remember any scenes where he was actually in a sword fight.
He was more of a brawler, using his fists or clubbing someone down off their horses.

Momoa slices & dices Arnold to shreds.

I don't think you've watched enough Arnold Conan. He used his swords all the damn time!

FrothByte
Originally posted by
I don't think you've watched enough Arnold Conan. He used his swords all the damn time!

Well you just said that you've only watched Arnold's Conan. You should try to watched Momoa's Conan first and then you'll understand why most of us think he dances circles around Arnold in a sword fight.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
You said a movie was trash and in the same breath said you were objective. If you can't see the irony in that, those goofy sharks are you. To be fair, the remake was pretty bad.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
You said a movie was trash and in the same breath said you were objective. If you can't see the irony in that, those goofy sharks are you. That is my opinion on the quality of the movie which is subjective not objective.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.