Ragnos vs. Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
Takes place in the empty Geonosian arena.

Ragnos is equipped with a Sith sword and Bane with a lightsaber. Each is at the height of his power. Neither possesses haxx3d equipment like Sith amulets, scepters, or orbalisks.

Given their many similarities, this should be an interesting match.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Naturally, hype makes me think Ragnos. Feats make me think Bane.

The_Tempest
I would encourage members of both factions to utilize both "hype" (i.e. accolades) and feats.

GenomeFrozener
Does Ragnos have usable feats yet?

The_Tempest
I think there are some new revelations about the character from TOR.

I'll also be remaking this thread with a poll so as to more conveniently track public opinion.

NewGuy01
Without the scepter, I'm strongly inclined to go with Bane. With it, this would be more interesting.

Petrus
I really have no idea. What revelations have been made in TOR about Ragnos?

Intrepid37
Bane.

S_W_LeGenD
Ragnos in his prime is "a master of the Force" and supreme ruler of an ancient Sith Empire in an era regarded as "Golden Age of the Sith." He is strong enough to tame even large Terentateks.

Petrus
Taming large Terentateks isn't that impressive.

Nephthys
It kind of is, Terentateks are really dangerous creatures.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Petrus
Taming large Terentateks isn't that impressive.
Terentateks are among the most vicious and dangerous creatures in the galaxy.

Mizukage Yoda
So? They are still mindless beasts. The force can easily be used to affect even them.

Nephthys
They're Force resistant.

Stealth Moose
That Revan kills two solo is considered a ridiculous feat. They killed Jedi during the Great Purge rather easily. And yes, they are Force resistant.

Nephthys
Which makes it really impressive that both Sith characters kill Terentateks right at the start of the game.

And that Marka Ragnos beat one up every night.

Petrus
Yeah, and the Champion goes through a cave full of them in Dromund Kaas and kills a big badass at the end.

I think that over the years SW writers have made Terentateks rather unimpressive when compared to their past descriptions of being beastly strong and murderously dangerous to most Jedi. Then pre-end game Revan came along and solo'd two of them in Korriban, which can only mean two things:

a) Revan is stupidly skilled even before end-game and his 'rebirth' in DK.

b) The beasts are not that impressive. Impressive, but not as you put it.

I personally think it's b).

And of course we know Ragnos is powerful, the question is how powerful. It doesn't surprise me that he can mind-fvck a Terentatek. In fact, it would be lame if any top-tier Sith couldn't pull that off.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nephthys
Which makes it really impressive that both Sith characters kill Terentateks right at the start of the game.

It's a form of ritual spousal abuse.

Allankles
It kind of is, Terentateks are really dangerous creatures.

True, using the force to tame wild animals has always been tricky.

Allankles
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
That Revan kills two solo is considered a ridiculous feat. They killed Jedi during the Great Purge rather easily. And yes, they are Force resistant.

And force sensitive.

Allankles

Ragnos was a physical juggernaut.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Allankles
True, using the force to tame wild animals has always been tricky.

He didn't use the Force.

He used his bare hands. no expression

Allankles
Either way, tricky tricky business - not to end up as lunch.

Stealth Moose
That's why his gauntlets are clawed and enchanted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.