Attack On Titan Manga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AuraAngel
To make it easy for the anime fans to avoid manga spoilers I made this one for the manga specifically. So yeah have fun.

dadudemon
Thanks.

Probably a good idea. Manga is not much further ahead of the anime...but it is far enough ahead that it could ruin that Reiner and Bertholdt are the Colossal and Armored Titans.

AuraAngel
Si. 'Twas spoiled for me and so I just read the manga to see what I thought was the Big Bad's identity get revealed.

Bertholdt's identity was so damn underwhelming. Reiner's was cool.

BloodRain
What did you guys think about the reveal of those two? Felt sudden and put of nowhere. Reading it I just went "Ah, I see" from how it was presented. Have to agree that that was not the Colossal Titan I was expecting. I understand him being slow given the frame, and sort of foreshadowed with Eren's attack, but this is the biggest known threat in both senses.

Oh, and dadude, don't think the Ape Titan is a shifter. If he is not a human one. Questioning whether or not the guy was frozen with fear could speak the same language points to this.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BloodRain
What did you guys think about the reveal of those two? Felt sudden and put of nowhere.

It was hilarious, actually. When I saw those two talking in the background about it, and revealing it so nonchalantly, I lol'd.

I thought, "WTF? haha...guess that cuts down about 10-20 chapters of more plot development with this reveal."

Oh, and dadude, don't think the Ape Titan is a shifter. If he is not a human one. Questioning whether or not the guy was frozen with fear could speak the same language points to this.

I think the Ape Titan is a shifter that has remained in Titan form for many years. 60+. I think he is one of the original Titans and possibly involved in the original military science plans that turned humanity into Titans.

Mark my words: we are dealing with 3 factions.

1. Last City Humans.
2. The Village Humans.
3. Original Military Science Humans (Ape Titan's people/group).

Q99
What did you guys think about the reveal of those two? Felt sudden and put of nowhere.

Though on a re-read of the earlier bits, there was *clearly* a scene where the three of 'em were talking about the Armored Titan making an appearance (right before Eren did his thing), just with the other scout present not realizing it.

BloodRain
Scan?

AuraAngel
New reveals and such.

Historia is so cute. Would smash. And Eren is getting mysterious flashbacks to a lady apparently.

AuraAngel
http://readms.com/r/attack_on_titan/54/2244/1

Out now. Oh Eren how you tease the shippers with your silliness.

dadudemon
I am keeping up with the manga, too, Aura.

I don't think this war they want to wage against the central police will end well for humanity. I think the author should focus more on the third-human group, the military group that sent human-titan hybrids to attack the country.

AuraAngel
Talking about the Ape Titan? They know relatively little about that group lol.

Right now the Central Police is causing problems and the characters seem to believe efforts to learn more about Eren and everything in general is impeded by them. So I understand why the characters are clashing.

No but seriously I get romantic vibes from Historia and Eren. Am I alone in this? mmm

wakkawakkawakka
Dat revolution and stuff.

Historia and Eren eh? I could see it but then I had the same false thought about Eren and Annie. Either way Mikasa's going to be pissed.

dadudemon
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Talking about the Ape Titan? They know relatively little about that group lol.

Well...maybe or maybe not.

Remember, I think that there are possibly 4 groups we are dealing with, here:

1-a. The majority of humans in the massive walled country. This is 1 group.

1-b. There is a subgroup of the above: the humans that wish to separate from them.

2. The military group that Bertolt, Reiner, and Annie serve.

3. The group that the Ape-Titan belongs to.

I should note that group 2, above, are actually the good guys. They are the ones trying to REALLY save humanity and reclaim everything back from the titans. Remember, Ymir said that Reiner and Bertholdt's mission was to learn about the Ape Titan and report back their findings:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/c046/38.html

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/c046/44.html

IMO, the Ape Titan and his group are the ones that turned humans into Titans. Maybe accidentally. Maybe intentionally. Maybe they are aliens or failed science experiments from 100+ years ago. But they are the true enemies of this story. So group 3 are the antagonists. Group 2, who I think Eren's father associated with or even currently belongs to, are the protagonists. Group 1-a are another antagonist group (the government and military police, mainly) but will fade as the story progresses.

JayDaDon
I also started leaning on the idea that those running things behind the wall were deeply corrupted and are hiding HUGE secrets, and that the titan soldiers and their associates are actually going to turn out to be the true heroes (Eren will probably witness this corruption firsthand and join the titan soldier group) But I pretty much agree with that idea and the way you put it made what I was thinking a whole lot clearer.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well...maybe or maybe not.

Remember, I think that there are possibly 4 groups we are dealing with, here:

1-a. The majority of humans in the massive walled country. This is 1 group.

1-b. There is a subgroup of the above: the humans that wish to separate from them.

2. The military group that Bertolt, Reiner, and Annie serve.

3. The group that the Ape-Titan belongs to.

I should note that group 2, above, are actually the good guys. They are the ones trying to REALLY save humanity and reclaim everything back from the titans. Remember, Ymir said that Reiner and Bertholdt's mission was to learn about the Ape Titan and report back their findings:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/c046/38.html

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/c046/44.html

IMO, the Ape Titan and his group are the ones that turned humans into Titans. Maybe accidentally. Maybe intentionally. Maybe they are aliens or failed science experiments from 100+ years ago. But they are the true enemies of this story. So group 3 are the antagonists. Group 2, who I think Eren's father associated with or even currently belongs to, are the protagonists. Group 1-a are another antagonist group (the government and military police, mainly) but will fade as the story progresses.

I'm aware of your fan theory. Not saying it is wrong or right but the characters in universe do not have the luxuries you and I, as humble readers, have. They aren't expecting a twist where Reiner and his pals are the good guys lol.

They also don't really have the ability to choose what to focus on. The military group is what presents an immediate problem to them right now and so that is who they, and the writer, focus on. It also works from a narrative perspective to keep us away from the titans so we're more excited when they show back up.

Incidentally I'm not a fan of this idea where Reiner and his butt buddies are really good guys. They've killed tons of humans. Annie killed a ton of the Survey Corps while Reiner and Bertolt are responsible for every death in the beginning of the series since they destroyed the walls. If the manga goes in that direction it will have a really tough sell...at least with me.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I also started leaning on the idea that those running things behind the wall were deeply corrupted and are hiding HUGE secrets, and that the titan soldiers and their associates are actually going to turn out to be the true heroes (Eren will probably witness this corruption firsthand and join the titan soldier group) But I pretty much agree with that idea and the way you put it made what I was thinking a whole lot clearer.

I really would not count on Eren siding with these guys. The dude has a pathological desire to just kill titans and he seems to really hate Reiner's pals.

dadudemon
Incidentally I'm not a fan of this idea where Reiner and his butt buddies are really good guys. They've killed tons of humans. Annie killed a ton of the Survey Corps while Reiner and Bertolt are responsible for every death in the beginning of the series since they destroyed the walls. If the manga goes in that direction it will have a really tough sell...at least with me.

From their (the 2nd group I mentioned)perspective, the humans inside of the wall are evil, dishonest, and murderers. From a war perspective, the civilians living in that system are just as guilty because they support that system: it would fail if every civilian human refused to work (they would die but so would everyone else).

This is how warring has been done for thousands of years among humans.

Also, what was the real reason they broke the wall?

Also, from what we can tell from their dialogue, they may not have been fully in control of their actions*. They may have been picked up AFTER they broke the wall: that may not have been part of the second group's military plans. It could have also been suggestions (like hypnotic suggestions) similar to Eren's situation from his father. Also, they seem to regret doing it.

I really would not count on Eren siding with these guys. The dude has a pathological desire to just kill titans and he seems to really hate Reiner's pals.

When Eren finds out his dad has been working for them....

AuraAngel
From their (the 2nd group I mentioned)perspective, the humans inside of the wall are evil, dishonest, and murderers. From a war perspective, the civilians living in that system are just as guilty because they support that system: it would fail if every civilian human refused to work (they would die but so would everyone else).

This is how warring has been done for thousands of years among humans.

Also, what was the real reason they broke the wall?

Also, from what we can tell from their dialogue, they may not have been fully in control of their actions*. They may have been picked up AFTER they broke the wall: that may not have been part of the second group's military plans. It could have also been suggestions (like hypnotic suggestions) similar to Eren's situation from his father. Also, they seem to regret doing it.

When Eren finds out his dad has been working for them....

That only works if the dishonesty and corrupt humans were working publicly. People like Eren's mother aren't supporting whatever bad things the government might be doing because they don't know what is going on. You could say this is irrelevant in the eyes of group 2 but to the reader it is not. I will never support a group that kills normal people instead of the ones responsible. That is why people hate Sasuke for wanting to kill everyone in the village lol.

Because they were told to and so they did it. Sure they might have been controlled but until such a idea is posited we assume they did so out of their own free will. Even if someone threatened Bertolt with death if he didn't kick the wall he would still be placing his own life above the normal citizens.

Some actions they don't seem to be in control of, like eating people, but Annie seemed pretty in control of herself the entire time as did the others. Bertolt at least displays clear signs of intelligence in his titan form since he not only broke the wall but also went for the defensive cannons at Trost. Also whether they regret their actions or not is mostly irrelevant to me. They did horrible things and I really have no sympathy for them at this point lol. I think Eren is perfectly correct in wanting to just kill them.

Honestly if that happened I would just think Eren would fight his dad too lol. If Eren thinks you're scum he'll kill you. He hates Reiner and Bertolt more than I think I've ever seen him hate anyone. I can't see Eren siding with them until something really drastic happens lol.

dadudemon
That only works if the dishonesty and corrupt humans were working publicly.

Seems everyone but the peons know about it. Seems fairly public.

Honestly if that happened I would just think Eren would fight his dad too lol. If Eren thinks you're scum he'll kill you. He hates Reiner and Bertolt more than I think I've ever seen him hate anyone. I can't see Eren siding with them until something really drastic happens lol.

I see him siding with them, eventually.

AuraAngel
Seems everyone but the peons know about it. Seems fairly public.

I see him siding with them, eventually.

Wait what kind of corruption we talking about? The military police being somewhat likes bullies is rather well known but I'm thinking corruption like people inside the walls knowing where titans come from and such.

He might do an enemy mine with them but I don't see why he'd ever come around to liking them. Why do you think they're the heroes again?

Q99
Armin makes a good Krista.

Better than Jean makes a Eren!

That and the willingness to torture and kill, and the targeting of Eren.

dadudemon
Wait what kind of corruption we talking about? The military police being somewhat likes bullies is rather well known but I'm thinking corruption like people inside the walls knowing where titans come from and such.

I'm talking about using the regular citizens as meat shields, sending them off to die by the thousands when wall Rose/Maria fell, abusing the citizens, having a crazy and ruthless king, and the power hungry leaders over the 3 military branches constantly fighting.

Many of the peon citizens are not aware of all of those. But most of the military personnel know that. Oh, and some people join the police force to avoid hard work and to enjoy a life of slothfulness (and goodies).

He might do an enemy mine with them but I don't see why he'd ever come around to liking them. Why do you think they're the heroes again?

Not heroes, the good guys. They are the ones trying to actually work towards saving humanity. They also seem to be opposed to the corrupt elements of the human country's leaders.

Q99
The first isn't common, and I don't think people know about what the king is like or the internal bickering.

They *do* know about what happened after the fall of Wall Maria, of course... but that was simply a matter of, "Tens of thousands die, or mass civil war over food shortage. Pick one." The military couldn't have reclaimed the wall no matter what it sent, but they also simply lacked food to feed the population of three walls with two falls.

AuraAngel
Yeah the wall falling can't really be shown as an example of the titan shifters being on the moral high ground. The government would not have had to sacrifice all of those people had Bertolt not smashed the wall with his foot.

Incidentally everyone who is your favorite character? Mine is obviously Eren. Which is rare cause while I tend to like main characters they're usually never my main favorite.

wakkawakkawakka
So I still don't know how Erwin and Pixis are supposed to be carrying out this "revolution" that their talking about. But I am a tad let down about how lame the king looks. Imean most monarchy type guys are either fat or should have a tricked out palace of jewels and shit.

Yeah I'm not seeing how the Titan Shifter are supposed to be the good guys here. I mean Bert and and Annie kind of throw that idea into the wind. But I am interested as to why they are doing all of this.

Favorite character in the series so far is a toss up between Levi and Eren.

Q99
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So I still don't know how Erwin and Pixis are supposed to be carrying out this "revolution" that their talking about.

There is the matter that none of the royal guard are a match for them in a fight. And they don't need to take down the whole guard, just the leaders of their opposition,

JayDaDon
Levi is easily my favorite character. Anyway I love how soon its not as black and white as humans vs titans. There's a big ole mess brewing and I can't wait to see what happens.

dadudemon
Yeah the wall falling can't really be shown as an example of the titan shifters being on the moral high ground.

I disagree.

I think they were directed to do that to show the rest of the population how horrible the government is. There is more we have yet to learn about all the secrets we are keeping. The atrocities of the government will become more severe, especially the part about sending thousands to their deaths.

Favorite character is Mikasa. smile

AuraAngel
I disagree.

I think they were directed to do that to show the rest of the population how horrible the government is. There is more we have yet to learn about all the secrets we are keeping. The atrocities of the government will become more severe, especially the part about sending thousands to their deaths.

Favorite character is Mikasa. smile

Well the government might not be all sunshine and flowers but if the aim of the attack was to show that then it would fail imo. The government would not have needed to sacrifice all those people had the Titan Shifters left well enough alone. It's like saying Jigsaw has a moral high ground over any number of the victims he makes commit murder to save themselves lol.

Mikasa is cool. Was my favorite female. Now I'm kinda leaning toward Historia just to see where the story goes with the character.

Least favorite character? 313

dadudemon
Well the government might not be all sunshine and flowers but if the aim of the attack was to show that then it would fail imo.

Not so fast: it is becoming quite obvious, as of late, that that is exactly what the government is doing especially if we ignore the other atrocities the already showed that.

The government would not have needed to sacrifice all those people had the Titan Shifters left well enough alone.

I disagree: those people did not need to die. The stuff about the food shortages and the land for farming was all lies, imo. There is something more going on.

JayDaDon
How bout that look at the king in the last pages huh? Another hint at the corrupt state of the government.

AuraAngel
Not so fast: it is becoming quite obvious, as of late, that that is exactly what the government is doing especially if we ignore the other atrocities the already showed that.

I disagree: those people did not need to die. The stuff about the food shortages and the land for farming was all lies, imo. There is something more going on.

I just don't see that particular action as placing the titan shifters in the right. Why would the government have sent those people to die if it could be avoided? Corrupt is different from stupid.

I disagree. Given the sheer size of the area encompassed by Wall Maria and the massive shifts in population that must have occurred I can definitely see it an uncomfortable deduction that their simply is not enough space and supplies to support everyone. The fall of Maria took a huge portion of the human territory(most likely a great deal of it set aside for plot production) and with it a good deal of supplies. Sure the government might have tweaked things but considering these characters live in a world where meat is a luxury the idea that each section is designed to support it's own population is pretty solid.

dadudemon
Why would the government have sent those people to die if it could be avoided? Corrupt is different from stupid.

You mean why did the rich elite class of humans not want to have to share their living space with the poor?

Great question. Why didn't they want to do that? They were either corrupt or stupid.

I disagree. Given the sheer size of the area encompassed by Wall Maria and the massive shifts in population that must have occurred I can definitely see it an uncomfortable deduction that their simply is not enough space and supplies to support everyone. The fall of Maria took a huge portion of the human territory(most likely a great deal of it set aside for plot production) and with it a good deal of supplies. Sure the government might have tweaked things but considering these characters live in a world where meat is a luxury the idea that each section is designed to support it's own population is pretty solid.

I disagree with your point, here. I think the space was more than enough and the supplies were more than enough.

I am contradicting the government in the manga. I say they lied. I say there were supplies. I say the land was enough (don't forget, the innermost district didn't' take in refugees).

If you look at the land, it is vast amounts of unframed land with densely populated districts. It is empty space, mostly: plenty of arable farmland.

1 year is more than enough to create vast amounts of farms, sew crops, and harvest them. They had 5 years. They decided to kill off half of those humans after 1 year:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/c003/6.html

It was later stated to be to spare the other half (the half that contained the corrupt) from starvation. But it would have taken just 1 growing season to be able to feed all of the migrants. no expression

They shouldn't have been starving like it was claimed. Something is off about that offensive. IMO, that was what third party human military group was after: to get the government to reveal their despicable-ness.

Also, the author dropped a hint quite a bit ago about these walls:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/c002/40.html

Also, I would say that this third party military group is probably a fanatic group that thinks humans should be turned into Titans to be saved since the Titans appear to be immortal.

AuraAngel
Reading Shakespeare now so I dun care anymore.

Least favorite character?

dadudemon
The King.

Q99
Keep in mind, the outer wall made up something like 50% the food production, it likely was a food source for the inner walls (and the second wall, similarly, is much of what's left. The innermost wall, also, has a mountain in it, reducing it's usable farm space).

And we also know they had a lot of people working on marginal land, a lot of land simply isn't going to produce too much whatever they do, and it shows they were working on expanding food supply. A lot of grassland isn't good farmland... plus, there's the matter of farming gear, making giant new fields requires a ton.

Most likely, they move farmland around to give it time to replenish as well.

And they had over a hundred years to get nearer the supply limits of the land within the walls.

The only way to handle an influx like that is if they had a massive surplus capacity, and given prior circumstances, that's unlikely even without corruption.

They did keep in large chunks of the population of the third wall, but given the limits of the walls I wouldn't expect them to increase food enough for everyone.

AuraAngel
Q99 I know you love things like arguing over details in a stories world but tell me who your least favorite character is or I'll assume it is someone that you probably like. Like Annie or something. uhuh

Demonic Phoenix
http://25.media.tumblr.com/154fda534da516e0a43a7b996d3372e1/tumblr_msnxuuJtPt1qikwr4o1_1280.jpg

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
Keep in mind, the outer wall made up something like 50% the food production, it likely was a food source for the inner walls (and the second wall, similarly, is much of what's left. The innermost wall, also, has a mountain in it, reducing it's usable farm space).

And we also know they had a lot of people working on marginal land, a lot of land simply isn't going to produce too much whatever they do, and it shows they were working on expanding food supply. A lot of grassland isn't good farmland... plus, there's the matter of farming gear, making giant new fields requires a ton.

Most likely, they move farmland around to give it time to replenish as well.

And they had over a hundred years to get nearer the supply limits of the land within the walls.

The only way to handle an influx like that is if they had a massive surplus capacity, and given prior circumstances, that's unlikely even without corruption.

They did keep in large chunks of the population of the third wall, but given the limits of the walls I wouldn't expect them to increase food enough for everyone.

It turns out that only 20% died from the outer walls:

http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/55/8

So, no, 50% of the food production clearly does not come from the outer walls. And it would appear that the population is more dense on the inner walls. That makes more sense in context. It seemed pretty sparse in the outer wall...hardly anyone around except in the wall junctions. A few very small towns, that's it.

So I wonder how they did their food production?

AuraAngel
So what we have here is a chapter that is the exact opposite of the One Piece chapter. While One Piece was fun, fun, fun, and then horrid ending, this chapter was boring, boring, a bit heart wrenching, awesome ending.

chasedown
I gotta say attack on titan is a breath of fresh air to the anime world.... The story is good the characters are great. The fact that no character is safe from
Being eaten alive is awesome too.!!!!

AuraAngel
Man Levi is kind of an ******* in this chapter. Poor Historia. Going from nobody to royalty is usually cool but not in this world.

danteiscool
indeed. but damn, that ending...

just when things were sort of looking up too.

wakkawakkawakka
Well at least Levi knew how to cut right through the bullshit that would've ensued if he let Historia have her moment.

As for that ending...well this is "Attack on Titan"

danteiscool
true, so while it was *******-ish of him to do, he had a good reason to do it. he probably spared us quite a bit of undue drama later with his directness.

and that is a point I definitely can't argue against...

wakkawakkawakka
Well that's Levi, proving that by shaking the shit out of girl gets her to do whatever you want. But on a serious note that was all kinds of dickish.

danteiscool
but it got the point across. if he had been any less dickish, the message might not have sunk into Historia's skull and therefore could've made the situation worse than it already was by the end of the chapter.

NemeBro
Levi went ****ing full-on DOLO this chapter.

He deflected a bullet and sent it back at the shooter. He's completely inhuman.

dadudemon
I ain't googling that shit.

What's DOLO?

NemeBro
It's a term meaning "going alone" more or less. A reference to Levi being a one-man brigade in this case.

danteiscool
seems like an appropriate term for him then. but even then, while he did take down a good number of them, he still had to put in a lot of effort to do it.

and that Ackerman guy is still alive. impressive, given he got blast like a dozen feet back with a high powered rifle. granted, he had to be wearing a vest or something, but he still shrugged it off without too much trouble.

dadudemon
Originally posted by danteiscool
and that Ackerman guy is still alive. impressive, given he got blast like a dozen feet back with a high powered rifle. granted, he had to be wearing a vest or something, but he still shrugged it off without too much trouble.

I laughed at that. Such shitty physics. The author has never heard of Newton's Second Law of Motion. If Ackerman flew that far, Levi's arm would have torn right off (because equal and opposite forces n'all that).

Mytbusters tested this stuff.

danteiscool
true that. but then, since when has any manga/anime ever truly stuck to physics from start to finish? besides, given how Levi only broke his foot against Annie's titan form despite her doing a backhand, I'm sure he's physically tough enough to withstand the recoil of a gun.

NemeBro
I laughed at that. Such shitty physics. The author has never heard of Newton's Second Law of Motion. If Ackerman flew that far, Levi's arm would have torn right off (because equal and opposite forces n'all that).

Mytbusters tested this stuff. Maybe your arm would have.

Levi's made of tougher stuff.

Stealth
Levi's arm is made of plot-induced titanium manliness.

Demonic Phoenix
Nerdmigos, should I watch the anime first, or read the manga first? Or are they different?

AuraAngel
Most tend to watch the anime first and then transition to the manga. Therefore I suggest you read all the manga first and then watch the anime to have a unique experience!

dadudemon
I recommend reading all the manga, first.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Nerdmigos, should I watch the anime first, or read the manga first? Or are they different? I did both.

Either order is fine. I watched the anime first.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Nerdmigos, should I watch the anime first, or read the manga first? Or are they different?

Better yet watch the dub version of this first stick out tongue

NemeBro
I don't care for the dub to be honest. Levi sounds good but I can't stand Eren's English voice.

NemeBro
Pretty baller chapter.

RaventheOnly
Hanj is a total badass.

NemeBro
What a brutal chapter.

BloodRain
Knew some titan munching would take place in this flashback, didn't expect it like this.

So Historia is directing the new found hate at Eren?

danteiscool
Bloodrain: it'd seem so. And on top of that, looks like her dad plans to turn her into a titan. Think he wants the two to duke it out in titan form and devour one another?

Demonic Phoenix
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-w2puu9PWoB0/UZCNI6YcVLI/AAAAAAAAwk0/qU67jmjISiI/s1600/attack-on-titan-fan-poster.jpg

Is this badass poster for an actual movie?

AuraAngel
Not as far as I know.

BloodRain
http://kotaku.com/heres-the-attack-on-titan-movies-cast-in-costume-1660885855

JayDaDon
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/uploads/live-action%20Attack%20on%20Titan%20poster-Mikasa.jpg

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/238097/mr-chow-o.gif

vansonbee
I can't wait for an Asian Annie. So far, I heard the story is going to be different then the original.

Mikasa human actor looks exactly like her, cold and strong looking. Can you just imagine, if AOT was under the same director for Dragonball evolution? Jennifer Lawrence, or Scarlett Johansson as Mikasa?

NemeBro
The vast majority of Attack on Titan's cast is white though.

JayDaDon
Thats one reason I thought an american made AOT wouldnt be such a bad idea in theory. There's really only one asian in it.

AuraAngel
http://daughter-of-hades-world.tumblr.com/image/107629160434

The Internet is grand.

Pretty not bad chapter IMO.

Zack Fair
Anyone following S2? Because its FKN epic as all ****

Shame on you all discussing DBS crap and not the awesome that is this anime. Like...the current episode is the reason I dropped the manga. It just manages to make it so much better.

That said.....HYPE.

I don't care about rage over the season being shorter. I'm just glad I got to see epic moments animated after all this time.

AuraAngel
I would love for people to stop talking about DBS but that is not likely to change.

That said glad the anime is back and glad the manga is continuing to be fun.

vansonbee
I'm caught up with the manga, the new characters and perspective of the enemy seen interesting so far. I recall the mention Annie (female titan), I wonder if she came out of her crystal and switch alliances or someone ate her for her powers off screen? I hope not.

Going to re-watch the original season with my brother first and than start the 2nd season, especially the BD version.

ares834
Anyone here still reading or watching this?

Both the anime and manga have become pretty great.

playa1258
It's one of the best shows out there right now.

AOT is approaching GOAT anime level status for me.

ares834
I certainly wouldn't go that far. But yeah, it's very good and the next arc is even better IMO.

playa1258
Well it's certainly better than Dragon Ball Super.

wakkawakkawakka
It does become more interesting after its genre shift in the manga. Now the anime is closing in on it.

vansonbee
I heard rumors that the manga is ending, this might be a good time for the anime to adapt the whole series in one go.

The anime studio that AOT is at will be dropping the series and another studio will pick it up.

BruhMan
The manga is absolute fire right now

ares834
119 spoilers:

**** Gabi.

Now we gotta wait at least month to see what PATHS BS Isayama will use to bring back Eren.

And once again. **** Gabi.

wakkawakkawakka
Yeah the author definitely wrote themselves into a corner with this. Also Reiner just keeps dodging dead with Falco becoming the new Jaw Titan I guess. I think this makes it the second time now that Gabi stumbles into a perfect clearing to shot a character

ares834
Being Reiner is suffering. I have to say I'm shocked that Falco became the Jaw Titan. I thought it was going to be the Armored Titan for sure.

wakkawakkawakka
Well we finally get to see what happens next Gabi actuallybdid get a lucky shot off on Eren though Zeke was able to use the Founding Titan's power just before Eren died. Apparently Ymir is a mindless being that obeys whomever has Royal Blood. Though until Zeke all the Royal descendants had to obey the First King's will. I guess Eren wasn't really in agreement with mass sterilization. Also we getvto see Grisha's memories. This also shows that he could have attempted to take the Founding Titan's power much earlier than he actually did.

ares834
Yeah, it was pretty trippy all things considered. I'm still curious what Eren's endgame is. I very much doubt it will be the Rumbling.

ares834
Damn. Eren went full on Satan this chapter. Pretty dark.

wakkawakkawakka
Yeah someone needs to give Eren the Aizen chair because he did just pull a full blown villian move with revealing that he made his dad turn him into a titan and set the series' course of events in motion

ares834
Yd85ozj0p8o

wakkawakkawakka
Chapter 122 became metal really quick. Ymir's orgin and how she got Titan powers was tragic. Even moreso with the child cannibalism. Now I'm curious as to how Marley actually beat the original Eldian empire back when they had access to all 9 Titan powers.

ares834
Hmm? Marley never actually beat Eldia. It was all a sham created by King Fritz as he wanted to repent from the sins of his ancestors.

wakkawakkawakka
Well Eren's going full on Lelouch it seems and it looks like all the walls are being demolished. The final boss look does look cool on Eren

ares834
Nah. He is definitely not pulling a Lelouch.

https://mangabeast.com/manga/Shingeki-No-Kyojin/0012-014.png

Beyond that it makes no sense. The world loathes Eldians; even those who fight for the rights of the other Subjects of Ymir want the ones living on Paradis wiped out. So even if Armin and co somehow defeat Eren this hate isn't going to go away. In fact, the hate and fear is going to be far far worse than ever before considering the attack on Liberio and Eren almost destroying the world. At this point, the only way I see it going is either Eren wins and destroys the world or Paradis is ****ed.

wakkawakkawakka
Well. That makes more sense considering he did unleash all the titans in the wall. The earlier translation I read where Eren communicates with all the Eldian had a slight undertone of altruism. Though at this point I'm not sure how Armin, Mikasa and the rest of not Marley are going to stop him. With fully cooperation from Ymir, shouldn't the main spinal weakness be covered for Eren?

ares834
Yeah. It should be interesting. I'm hoping for the Ragnarok ending myself.

wakkawakkawakka
So I just caught up again and while still hype its not as exciting as the previous chapter. Oh and Reiner is still not allowed to die, Connie wants to use Falco to bring his mom back, Pixis is dead, and Annie is finally out the hardening

ares834
I hated the most recent chapter. That scene where they compared Gabi and Sasha was pure cringe.

Also wakka, I'm thinking I was incorrect earlier. It seems they are setting up a Lelouch ending like you suggested. I love Code Geass. I love its ending. But I don't want this kinda ending for SNK. It simply makes no sense.

ares834
Newest chapter was awful. I've never seen a series's quality drop of a cliff quite like this. It felt like a parody. The final page was pure cringe. WTF happened?

wakkawakkawakka
Well there's still "Final Boss Eren" out there. Also at least there is Reiner's suffering that we can count on being consistent.

wakkawakkawakka
Another chapter goes by and still no sign of "Final Boss" Eren.

Still there's a whole lot of killing going around.

vansonbee
Is Annie even relevant to the end of the story? Otherwise I haven't kept up since Sasha died.

wakkawakkawakka
Well not sure how caught up you are but After Eren gets co-operation with Ymir a has full control of the Founding Titan's power, he starts the Rumbling which releases the Titans from the wall and Annie from the crystal. Currently Annie's joined an alliance to stop "Final Boss" Eren from using the Titans to flatten everything.

ares834
Well after a few months of shitty chapters we finally return to the good stuff.

wakkawakkawakka
Well we get a new look at Final Boss Eren so that's good. Curious as to how the World Flattening Titans were made as they're shown to be way more powerful than any of the shifters so far.

wakkawakkawakka
All right and another one bites the dust. Well two people in Floch and Hanje's cass. I'm genuinely surprised Floch finally bit the big one since the dude's been living on borrowed time even before the time skip. Armin is the new commander of the Survey Squad which really doesn't mean much considering only four people are left. Also really want to know what their plan is after stopping Eren assuming the group has an actual means to stop him.

Once again Reiner is denied the sweet release of death with Levi joining him in the suffer pool.

wakkawakkawakka
So Final Boss Eren still can't be stopped. yet is somehow trying to loses as he admits to not wanting to turn off the shifters powers or mind wipe them. Also humanity's best shot was dropping explosive drums? Seems kind of lame but Eren can even use the Beast titan form now.

wakkawakkawakka
Whelp it looks like Ragnarok is finally over.

ares834
The manga has been absolute shite for awhile now. Chapter 137 was straight up Naruto. I can't see Isayama turning this around in one issue. This is some GoT ending-tier writing. Absolutely awful.

And even the anime is disappointing! The animation is incredibly subpar and the CGI ruins all of the action.

wakkawakkawakka
Well at least it didn't go out on the note Chapter 137 left. Also the suffer sons Reiner and Levi get to make it to the end by the looks of it.

ares834
Welp, the final chapter is out and it's god awful. The entire final arc has been bad, but this was some next level stuff. Just shockingly terrible. It read like a pure fanfic especially the part where Eren was throwing a fit about Mikasa moving past him. lmao And, perhaps worst of all, it retroactively ruins the series. What Eren is the one who is responsible for his mom's death? Really?! This legitimately undermines so much of the series. Oh and the main conflict of the series, Paradis vs the world, is left completely unresolved. Heck, if anything its worse than ever thanks to Eren's actions.

Anyways, good riddance. This shit makes the finale of GoT look good.

wakkawakkawakka
Boo I say. So the world is now worse off now that Eren's Ragnarok was really a botched "Zero Requiem"? Also Eren's fit over Mikasa after everything that happened was lame. Furthermore the basis for the whole Titan powers are 2000 year old Stockholm Syndrome?

For all the build up this was pretty bad. If it was going to be fanfiction like it could have at least given some detail that were interesting like. Why Levi is suddenly hanging out with Gabi and Falco after the formers' actions. Then there's Historia's baby subplot that amounts to nothing. Oh and rather than Paradis Island Annexation, its just been that the equivalent of WW3 is on hiatus yet everyone's cool with it anyway?

What a bummer. Well at least its over.

wakkawakkawakka
On a side note I guess this just continues the trend of Shounen m anga series falling flat in the end.

Fullmetal Alchemist still remains the only Shounen to end in the past decade on a high note IMO.

ares834
Chainsaw Man's ending was decent. Though I suppose that was only "Part 1".

wakkawakkawakka
Hmm. Never read Chainsaw Man but I might have to check it out.

wakkawakkawakka
Bump...Well at least chapter 121 was done well in the anime for the most part.

Bwagahahaha
To make it easy for the anime fans to avoid manga spoilers I made this one for the manga specifically. So yeah have fun.

Bwagahahaha
Originally posted by Bwagahahaha

Bwagahahaha

Bwagahahaha

Bwagahahaha

Bwagahahaha

Bwagahahaha

Bwagahahaha

Bwagahahaha

Bwagahahaha

Bwagahahaha

Bwagahahaha
Qq

Bwagahahaha
Gg

Bwagahahaha
Gg 2

Bwagahahaha
2 1

wakkawakkawakka
Bump...again

I can't believe it took until the near penultimate finale to get the fluid animation that was shown in the he S4 trailer two years ago.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
On a side note I guess this just continues the trend of Shounen m anga series falling flat in the end.

Fullmetal Alchemist still remains the only Shounen to end in the past decade on a high note IMO.

Shit, you might actually be right... I liked the Bleach ending. Thought it left a lot to be desired, but I was satisfied overall. Other than that, I can't really name any. That's pretty sad to think about.

We've had some great series overall, but their endings have all definitely been botched.

Although AOT takes the cake... Even after the new ending. Just trash. Honestly, the "new ending" might have been even worse.

wakkawakkawakka
Bump again.

For anyone still paying attention to these it looks like the finale/disappointment will premiere this month.

wakkawakkawakka
Bump...once more.

Well the anime is final showing chapter 139 and all of it's ridiculous glory.

Still can't believe there was a chance for Ragnarok only to be denied.

wakkawakkawakka
The dialogue's better in the anime though the events and characterisation adapted from Chapter 139 are still terrible IMO.

Old Man Whirly!
smile

NotAllThatEvil2

Old Man Whirly!
smile

NewGuy01
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll fix it in the final season of the final season of the final season.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll fix it in the final season of the final season of the final season.

Is Studio Wit going to come back to finish this other final of the final season?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.