Eragon vs. Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul

The Scenario
Normal arrows, bomb arrows, and...?

Twilight Princess Link does not have any magic arrows. He does, however, have the Magic Armor now, which leads to think he wins.

Eragon, barring magic, is not particularly superhuman. He can enhance himself, and was turned into some Elf equivalent at some point. Link is very far beyond human in several aspects, including strength and durability, so he has the physical edge.

Master Sword vs. Brisingr, which, if I recall right, is a flaming sword. The Master Sword protects from and dispels magical effects, so I'm just going to say it has the edge there.

Magical versatility goes to Eragon, but Link has a lot in the way of protection. The Triforce of Courage is seen to mitigate magical and transformation effects, and the Master Sword does the same with the added bonus of dispelling curses and cutting through magical defenses. Then there's the magic armor, which protects Link from all damage as long as there is money in his pockets. Kind of like a Ward, except powered by Rupees. Who even knows how canon that is, though.

Nephthys
Eragon is fairly superhuman. Not gonna be snapping steel or anything (that I recall.....), but he was strong enough to just punch through peoples chests. He was also very fast.

AuraAngel
All of the Eldunari means a very high possibility of mind rape by thousands of dragons. How does the Master Sword fair against mental attacks like that?

The strongest spell from Eragon destroyed a good deal of a castle and that guy doesn't have as much power as Eragon in this thread.

Physically there is no contest. The Goron feat alone is enough for TP Link to be stronger.

The Scenario
Huh, I'm missed the Eldunari bit. That's rather a lot of magic to be throwing around.

On mental attacks, Link looked directly into a shard of the Mirror of Twilight. Another character to do that immediately went insane and transformed into a giant iceberg monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBtpVAkquAg

So yeah, pretty good on that front. Dunno about it with the thousands of Dragon souls Eragon apparently has now.

KingD19
Even if Brisingr doesn't flame on(which only happens when Eragon says the swords name), it's still unbreakable and crazy sharp. That coupled with his speed and skill means he's got a good chance of just slicing Link to ribbons(as he's much faster)

ScreamPaste
Speed feats? Also, Link is crazy durable. Also, how quantifiably unbreakable is it? Fi has some pretty impressive power.

KingD19
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Speed feats? Also, Link is crazy durable. Also, how quantifiably unbreakable is it? Fi has some pretty impressive power.

Elves in Eragon moved so fast that even the best warriors of other races could barely perceive them. And when Eragon first faced an Elf who didn't pull any punches, he was getting his ass handed to him left and right simply from how fast he was. Once he got Elf-ified, he had the stats of an elf mixed with his already high human stats, which seemed to boost him above either race.

And as for the Dragon Rider swords, they were forged by the best smith in existence from a fallen meteorite and were said to never break, and despite tons of punishment, I don't think one ever did. Plus they had magic protecting them as well.

And on Link's durability, yes he is durable, but can he withstand a blade to the face for example?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by KingD19
Elves in Eragon moved so fast that even the best warriors of other races could barely perceive them. And when Eragon first faced an Elf who didn't pull any punches, he was getting his ass handed to him left and right simply from how fast he was. Once he got Elf-ified, he had the stats of an elf mixed with his already high human stats, which seemed to boost him above either race.

And as for the Dragon Rider swords, they were forged by the best smith in existence from a fallen meteorite and were said to never break, and despite tons of punishment, I don't think one ever did. Plus they had magic protecting them as well.

And on Link's durability, yes he is durable, but can he withstand a blade to the face for example? That's not all that fast without quantifying it further. It only takes movements of around 90mph to have that effect up close, which puts our boy above that. So, Eragon is looking at 100-200 mph movements? Anything more?

Well, the magic protection would be pretty moot without very high end backing as Fi would in all likelihood dispel, ignore, or overpower it. She's cut a (small, probably?) continent out of the Earth in her early history.

Yes.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/Linkkingbulblinax_zpsf492690c.gif~original

King Bulbin is at least class 5 and failed to damage Link even early on. Link becomes progressively more and more powerful as the game progresses until he fights Ganondorf, a class 100+ hypersonic mage brick. mmm

KingD19
Is his piercing durability as high as his blunt force trauma?

ScreamPaste
Wha?

Firstly, piercing durability isn't a thing, lol. Secondly I'm not sure I understand.

Through out TP Link tanks a lot of different kinds of force. His UTS is great enough that he can hang in the air while wearing the iron boots to haul Argorok to the ground and beat his ass, and he can drag Fyrus' feet out from under him without damage from the massive amounts of tension. His UCS is high enough that he can support massive amounts of weight and even overpower Gorons. His USS is enough that even a weaker, early game Link could tank axe blows from King Bulbin.

Link's durability is pretty solidly established even early on. mmm

Off topic, why does no one ever use a different Link? Getting really bored of TP Link. sad

KingD19
Piercing durability is very much a thing. That's why you have characters like Wonder Woman who can take a full out punch to the face from Superman like a champ, but a regular blade or bullet will puncture her like a regular person.

And from that gif, Bulbin smacked him with the flat of that axe. So that was blunt force durability at play.

ScreamPaste
Piercing durability is very much a thing. That's why you have characters like Wonder Woman who can take a full out punch to the face from Superman like a champ, but a regular blade or bullet will puncture her like a regular person.

And from that gif, Bulbin smacked him with the flat of that axe. So that was blunt force durability at play.
Wonder Woman is a noted exception. Not a very good example.

How strong is Eragon?

The Scenario
How strong is Eragon?

Less than or around 1 or half a ton, IIRC.

I seem to recall a bit where he struggled to cut through a castle wall, only succeeding due his sword's magical fire.

ScreamPaste
If that's the case Eragon is basically chanceless. mmm

Utrigita
The Dragon Souls give Eragon the edge imo. The amount of magic at his disposal is just insane.

ScreamPaste
How powerful is Eragon's magic? Fi is capable of matching the triforce, which is planetary+ in scale. Her ability to dispel, reflect, repel, absorb, and generally tell magic to go **** itself has been the reason I've focused largely on the physical side of things, since it takes really powerful magic to get past her. mmm

Utrigita
The magic in the Eragon Universe is as powerful as the amount of energy you can put behind it. With all the dragon souls at his disposal, the energy at his disposal is basically limitless. Coupled with the one word, he could drop a mountain on Link or two. In Inheritence after gaining the Dragon Souls it's said that Eragon now has the "The strength to do anything" Though I still think that the sheer amount of mental force that Eragon can put behind his attack, is enough to overcome Links mental defence. And the mental attack I think is ultimately his best way to win.

ScreamPaste
Fi is Link's mental defense.

What is the greatest quantifiable feat we have for Eregon's magic? The 'strength to do anything' is basically a no-limit, which can't be taken as fact. How many dragon souls does he have? Are they expended when used to power magic? This really just raises more questions for me.

Could Eragon warp the entire world, or create a copy of it with his magic?

Utrigita
Fi is Link's mental defense.

What is the greatest quantifiable feat we have for Eregon's magic? The 'strength to do anything' is basically a no-limit, which can't be taken as fact. How many dragon souls does he have? Are they expended when used to power magic? This really just raises more questions for me.

Could Eragon warp the entire world, or create a copy of it with his magic?

And the greatest mental defense is against a mirror that turned another human insane is that correct?

Lets put it like this, A member of the Grey Folk with a spell almost accidently destroyed the world, hence a lock was imposed on magic, Eragon has the ability to circumvent that lock and has a unlimited supply on magic from the dragon souls, the one word is basically a plot hole. Eragon has in number atleast 136 dragon souls, but when gaining Galbatorix's it is said that Eragon gained a endless supply of dragon Souls and hence a endless supply of energy. The best feat besides destroy the world by accident, must be Glaedr and Oromis mentioning moving a mountain and that was with their magic supply which is indefinetely inferior to Eragon. (hence me mentioning dropping a mountain on Link) So No limit as the statement might be, I also think it's quite telling. Eragon at the end of the book could do anything on a planetary+ scale. It's not like he could destroy the universe or anything.

It's possible, we don't know because the story ends after Eragon has obtained the dragon souls.

ScreamPaste
That's incorrect, and not just because it was a Yeti, and they were warped entirely into an evil ice monster, but yeah. Link also carried around the Fused Shadows for a while, which Midna used to bust a castle and which possessed and warped other creatures into giant super-evil bastard boss monster things.

What it shows though is that Fi's protection against magic extends to that as well, and Fi is peer to the triforce, a failsafe against it's combined power, and has actually overcome the combined might of it to defeat Ganon in aLttP, a game where the Triforce created an alternate dark world in the image of the light world for Ganondorf to rule over in the sacred realm.

Anyway, what we've hit is that if Eragon circumvents the lock he's on the level of Fi with his magic, and they're both planetary+ beings? Hm. That might give him the win then. It's impossible to say definitively whether Fi could stop him or not. shrug I'm still leaning to yes since Eragon sounds like a weaker version of Ganon with the completed triforce due to his lesser physical stats, who Link still managed to best in aLttP. But my preference for Zelda is no secret so it could also be that. stick out tongue

That said, would he circumvent the lock? And can he do so before Link beats the crap out of him?

Utrigita
It might just be me, but that sounds alot more like protection against transmutation then actual mental defense against a telepathy based attack.

He would. Eragon in the books showed no hesitation using the One word when the situationed deemed it a requirement. Coupled with not needing to hold himself back on account of energy lose, he will most likely cut loose from the start and utilize his magic at it's fullest potential.

Mountain incoming stick out tongue

ScreamPaste

Utrigita
And since the mental attack in Eragon are based around magic, it will defend against it. Got it.

I have no idea about what level Fi operates on, but based on what you have described I'll say that their level sounds about equal. Making it hard to give a proper call about who will win.

Tooo muuuch pokeemooon .....

blowup

Oh I agree that if Eragon doesn't rather quickly turn this into a magic based fight, then he is screwed, however knowing that he likes to open with the 12 death words, I find it likely that it will quickly evolve into that. With that said however I agree with your overall assesment. smile

jmoul
Wow, didn't expect this many responses so quickly.

Eragon doesn't get the death words in this match, unfortunately for him.

As for Link just putting an arrow into Eragon, it is not hard for Eragon to stop arrows, he has done so with a one-word spell before he got the dragon souls (these do not go away when he draws on their energy, they are like gemstones which hold the mind and soul of dragons whose bodies had long since died).

Nephthys
Eragon doesn't really need the death words since as Ult says he could just drop a mountain on Link or do something similarly lethal even without them.

The Scenario
He usually uses Wards for that, though, so it depends on how much prep he gets for this battle. On the other hand it has been so long since I read that book that I can't recall that much. I don't think he's ever stopped an arrow without a pre-set Ward, but I can't say for sure.

Though Link apparently only has 3 arrows so I'm not sure it matters much.

KingD19
Unless the arrows have some major speed behind them, he can just dodge, as his perception of time is so great that they should be easy to get out of the way of. And he always has those wards in place. That's why he spent so much time pouring his energy into the Belt of Beloth the Wise. So whenever he got in a fight, his protective wards would draw from the belt and not him directly.

jmoul
In Eldest, when he was returning to the Varden, many of the Varden's archers shot at him, thinking that he was an enemy. He stopped the arrows using "Letta."

jmoul
Unless the arrows have some major speed behind them, he can just dodge, as his perception of time is so great that they should be easy to get out of the way of. And he always has those wards in place. That's why he spent so much time pouring his energy into the Belt of Beloth the Wise. So whenever he got in a fight, his protective wards would draw from the belt and not him directly.

This is very true, and while Eragon lost the Belt of Beloth the Wise, he now has an even greater source of energy for those wards with the Eldunari

KingD19
With all those Eldunari, he could send the arrows right back at Link while setting them on fire and like 12 other status effects all at once.

jmoul

ScreamPaste

Utrigita
I don't think Utrigita was arguing for a death word anyway, so much as a full-powered mental attack.

There's no way to say if he could overcome Fi's antimagical properties or not, though. mmm

thumb up I was merely using the death words as a way to show that Eragon normally against opponents he deems dangerous opens with the death words = magic.

Eragon will break through it eventually, simply given the amount of energy at Eragons disposal, the greatest issue for me is, that I have no idea how long breaking through that magical protection will take. To me there is to many unknown factors.

jmoul
The drop a mountain idea seems like a pretty good and quick way to deal with the magical protection.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by jmoul
The drop a mountain idea seems like a pretty good and quick way to deal with the magical protection.
Eragon would never be able to pull this off before Link gibbed him, lol.

Besides, if he tries it Link can just shatter it with Fi.

Or hit Eragon in the face with it.

Nephthys
That second link is obviously hyperbole. As for the first, has Link ever done something like that?

jmoul
Eragon would never be able to pull this off before Link gibbed him, lol.

Besides, if he tries it Link can just shatter it with Fi.

Or hit Eragon in the face with it.

Eragon could also just bring down a lightning bolt or fifty, I don't think any amount of protection can stop that. Eragon also has the Name of the Ancient Language, allowing him to alter the effects of all magic. He can use this, strip away Link's magical protections, and then have his way with Link for as long as he damn well pleases.

The Scenario
Eragon can only change the rules he himself plays by. He can't change the rules of Link's magic, because Link doesn't use the Ancient Language.

ares834
Eragon's haxed magic is too much.

By the end of the series, Eragon basically became a walking deus ex machina.

Originally posted by The Scenario
Eragon can only change the rules he himself plays by. He can't change the rules of Link's magic, because Link doesn't use the Ancient Language.

Isn't magic equivalence assumed in vs fights? Otherwise, one could argue the MS has never defended against ancient language magic and therefore can't.

The Scenario
Magic equivalence is assumed to be in effect, but Eragon's control is too specific. He uses the Ancient Language, which manifests magic based on the amount of energy put into the words. He can use the Name of the Ancient Language to control it and break the normal rules of it, but how can that be applied to a magic system that does not use the Ancient Language, or even words at all?

Eragon controls the Ancient Language. That the Ancient Language is his magic system is incidental.

Now, I would certainly let him do this against other language based magic systems on a case by case basis. He could likely screw with any D&D Wizard that uses verbal components to spells, or with Bleach characters and their Kido incantations, or heck, even Harry Potter. However, I see no reason, or even a way, to allow Eragon's control over magical language to allow him to control magic that is not language based.

ares834
That's not exactly how it works in the book. Using the name of the ancient language gives you basically complete power over magic.

So while he can't use just the name to strip the Master Sword of his power like Galbatorix did. Using the name to get complete mastery over the Ancient Language should give him the power required to do as such.

The Scenario
Pretty sure the True Name of Ancient Language and the True Name of the Triforce/Master Sword are not the same Name.

ares834
Huh, where did I say they were?

The Scenario
Just this bit. Knowing the Name of the Ancient Language is not the same as knowing the name of "all magic." Triforce based magic would presumably have a different name, as would Hylian magic.

jmoul
There is a flaw in the reasoning that Eragon's magic must be spoken. The language is used for the caster's safety by preventing the mind, and thus the spell, from going astray while casting. The only reason magic was given a language was to prevent it from being so uncontrollable by those with the ability to use magic. So, Eragon's control through the name of the Ancient Language, a language describing the true nature of all things in that universe, is over ALL magic, not just the magic rooted in the Ancient Language.

The Scenario
Or, it just lets him ignore the require the rules and requirements of the Ancient Language. Since it was imposed later, the Ancient Language is a way to control magic, but is not necessarily magic itself.

Knowing the Name of the Ancient Language is not the same thing as knowing the Name of the magic that the language describes.

ScreamPaste
There's the problem that Eragon's language magic cannot be proven to be above Fi, anyway. Originally posted by jmoul
Eragon could also just bring down a lightning bolt or fifty, I don't think any amount of protection can stop that. Eragon also has the Name of the Ancient Language, allowing him to alter the effects of all magic. He can use this, strip away Link's magical protections, and then have his way with Link for as long as he damn well pleases.
This didn't work for Ganondorf, it won't work for Eragon.

Besides which point, the highest estimable speed so far put forward for Eragon, while superhuman, is not enough so to keep up with Link's own combat speed, Link is going to act first, and Link being superior in all stats bar Sp.A is going to pull many wins based solely on that.

The Scenario
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Zelda/sslightningsword_zpsa4b168ce.gif

Bring on the lightning.

jmoul
I don't think you understand what I'm trying to point out. Eragon's magical possibilities are limitless, he can do anything he wants to do so long as he says or thinks the correct words. Heck, even without saying exactly what he wants, he can still cast deadly spells with one word (not counting death words). For example, he could say "Letta" (stop), and stop Link's heart. He doesn't need to say anything more than that, so long as he knows his intentions, the spell to do. That is what Link is up against truly, a guy who, even with the most deadly words in his language barred, can kill a person with a word and a strong intention.

Link loses.

ScreamPaste
This is known as a no-limits fallacy. I understand what you're trying to claim, but Fi has shown she can handle power that is said to be limitless before.

Not through the magical protection of Fi and the ToC.

Not until you prove it. Even if Eragon could win that way, which has not been proven, Link would still be acting first, and killing Eragon first.

Link's victory is two fold here.

It cannot be proven Eragon can overpower Fi, and in all other scenarios Link wins by default due to his physical superiority.

But if Eragon can do so, he still loses a few simply because he is slower.

The Scenario
If he can get through The Triforce of Courage's protection, the Master Sword's protection, and Link's own mental fortitude.

In Twilight Princess, there is an alternate dimension that reduces your body to a helpless soul merely by entering it. Link is only partially affected, and with the Master Sword becomes immune. There is a mirror that can warp you into an insane blizzard controlling monster by looking at a shard of it. Link stared not only into the shard, but the whole Mirror. Touching a Fused Shadow transformed someone into a monster made of fire that caused a volcano to erupt with his rage. Link has touched three of them with no ill effects.

He kinda sorta resists magic.

jmoul

ScreamPaste
Again, they'd need a showing that puts them above Fi.
You seem to be missing the scale of what Fi has overcome.

She's matched the power of the completed triforce itself, something which is said to be omnipotent, but again, statements like that can't be taken as truth. The triforce does have more claim to this than Eragon does, however, if his claim to it is indeed what's been shared with me in this thread.

Eragon's power comes from dragon souls, he has many, but a limited number. There is, somewhere, a definite end to his power. The same is true of the Triforce, which is said to be omnipotent, has shown to be above silly things like time and space during the split occuring in OoT, created an entire alternate world with its own sun and sky to mirror the real world, in an alternate dimension which radiated so much evil power across that dimension that it had to be sealed by the six sages to prevent disaster, and even through the seal it's power could be felt, manipulating the world, mind controlling the entire Hylian army and king, causing earthquakes and natural disasters and creating incredibly dangerous monsters.

The triforce is hardcore, but not omnipotent. Nor is Eragon's power truly 'endless'. Fi's ability to dispel, repel, reflect, and otherwise just tell magic to piss off is on a scale where it cannot be said conclusively that Eragon can bypass her.

The mirror of twilight and fused shadows are just demonstrations that her protection from magic also applies to mind effecting powers. They are not the full extent of her power.

Beyond this, Link carries the Triforce of courage as well, which also has some degree of protection.

Essentially, Link has the exact kind of defense required to best Eragon, it's odd you made such a perfectly lined up thread, honestly.

Still, it cannot be said who is greater between Fi and Eragon. And in any situation where Fi is greater, Link wins.

If Fi can be overcome, Link will still pull wins due to acting first due to how much more physically imposing his non-magical attacks are.

Edit: And drawing Brisingir would be tantamount to suicide. Eragon cannot physically engage Link. mmm

jmoul

ScreamPaste
What's been said in this thread so far leads me to believe any attempt to sword fight Link is utter suicide for Eragonl. He's fast, and he has by all accounts a good sword, but unless he has much better feats no one has shared, he is not as fast, as strong, or as durable. Even if Fi couldn't shatter his sword, Eragon still would be unable to parry Link's attacks because the physical gap is too wide.

If there are feats I am unaware of, please share them. My mind is open here, when Utrigita provided more information on Eragon's magic my opinion shifted there. If you can give more information on Eragon's combat ability that'd be nice, but currently it looks very grim for him.

What's been said so far does not support Brisingir being anywhere near Fi, it sounds like an impressive magical sword, but I'd need some serious evidence to compare it to her.

I'm not saying they're gone after use, only that a limited number of power sources has a limited amount of power.

As for Saphira, I doubt she's as durable as Fyrus. uhuh

Edit to address your edit:

Ah, I see. Yeah, fair enough. I'm just saying, currently it seems that any attempt at a sword fight will end in Link's favour.

jmoul
I've been thinking, if Fi is as powerful as you claim her to be, then Saphira should be a part of this battle as well to back up Eragon (granted it may severely lopside the battle to have Link facing a massive dragon and a warrior that is nearly his equal).

EDIT: Eragon's combat feats are pretty extensive: in his universe, only 4 people have ever beaten a Shade, Eragon is one of them, and he faced a second and would have killed that one, but Arya, his elf friend, made the killing blow. Next, Eragon was able to battle Murtagh, another Rider who had the speed of an elf but was completely human, and he battled Galbatorix with swords, who was much faster than Murtagh. Eragon wounded both Murtagh and Galbatorix in the hip with a deep stab.

Those who witnessed Eragon in battle saw him as a blur, moving faster than the human eye could detect, and he even caught multiple thrown spears only to throw them back twice as fast as they came at him, with the near perfect accuracy. He has also taken on entire legions of troops without a scratch (although that is partly due to his wards).

ares834
Originally posted by The Scenario
Just this bit. Knowing the Name of the Ancient Language is not the same as knowing the name of "all magic." Triforce based magic would presumably have a different name, as would Hylian magic.

But, with the name of the AL, Eragon could presumably use it to learn or at least change the name of the MS or the triforce.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by jmoul
I've been thinking, if Fi is as powerful as you claim her to be, then Saphira should be a part of this battle as well to back up Eragon (granted it may severely lopside the battle to have Link facing a massive dragon and a warrior that is nearly his equal).

EDIT: Eragon's combat feats are pretty extensive: in his universe, only 4 people have ever beaten a Shade, Eragon is one of them, and he faced a second and would have killed that one, but Arya, his elf friend, made the killing blow. Next, Eragon was able to battle Murtagh, another Rider who had the speed of an elf but was completely human, and he battled Galbatorix with swords, who was much faster than Murtagh. Eragon wounded both Murtagh and Galbatorix in the hip with a deep stab.

Those who witnessed Eragon in battle saw him as a blur, moving faster than the human eye could detect, and he even caught multiple thrown spears only to throw them back twice as fast as they came at him, with the near perfect accuracy. He has also taken on entire legions of troops without a scratch (although that is partly due to his wards). It depends how powerful Saphira is. I showed before how durable Gorons are. They sleep through volcanic explosions that hurl thousands of tons of rock for great distances. shrug Link can hurt even massively amped super versions of those with his arrows.

Outside of Eragon's magic, so far I would not say he nears being Link's equal. His offensive capability with that magic is truly massive, but it may not be a viable play with Fi on the field.

So, let's ignore the argument of Eragon's magic v.s. Fi's dispelling power for a moment. We can come back to it but it's an unknown that can't be concretely proven one way or the other at current.

Factoring in just those things that would cause a 'draw' or stalemate because we don't know. So let's look at other things.

Eragon's speed. It's been said to me that his best speed showings have him above Elves, who move too quickly to be seen, IIRC that's about 90 mph for a human sized object when you're reasonably close to an enemy. The movements he fights with are a blur to most, so if he's above Elves let's go ahead and give him 200 mph movements. Perhaps he can throw spears twice as fast as ML baseball pitches? That's about 180 MPH. That's pretty good.

It's simply not comparable to Ganondorf, though. Ganondorf, across every 3D game he appears in, demonstrates highly impressive combat speed, particularly in dealing with Link's arrows, the aforementioned hypersonic railgun spears of super Goron slaying doom. He can deflect this consistently and seemingly with barely any effort, in WW he backflips over them, in TP the animation has multiple stages for blocking multiple arrows in a row, in OoT he backhands them like a man unless you've stunned him with his own lightning first.

Link fights Ganondorf four times in TP, showing he can handle a hypersonic character. He also deals with Zant who abuses his combat teleportation to appear behind Link and attack. He is faster than Eragon.

As for strength, well, even a weak, early game Link is stronger than Fyrus.
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/LinkFyrustrip2_zps450830f2.gif~original
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/GoronLinkpillarpunch2_zpse0d891bc.gif~original
Gorons are strong. Very strong.

And he's in the same tier of strength as OoT Link with the Golden Gauntlets.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/GGmountain_zps398859ad.png~original
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/Linkpillartoss001_zps188193ab.gif~original

Even ignoring Fi's massive power, I can't imagine Eragon blocking a blow from Link due to the frankly insane strength gap.

My current feeling is that unless Eragon can overcome Fi, he is doomed. Adding Saphira may change things, depending how strong she is, but it may just be a secondary target with the bow.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by ares834
But, with the name of the AL, Eragon could presumably use it to learn or at least change the name of the MS or the triforce.
He would have to be above them in power to achieve that, even if magic equivalency meant that they existed in his universe. This is magic left behind by Din, Farore, and Nayru, v.s. threads assume the two can interact, not that they are the same thing.

ScreamPaste
Too late to edit, but essentially, the triforce and Fi are not governed by the ancient language. shrug It'd be like arguing Eragon can manipulate the Odin Force or something.

jmoul
Saphira is pretty durable, she can breath fire for about 1-2 minutes at a time, her scales act like armor, deflecting normal speed arrows (though never the rail gun arrows of doom as you describe Link's arrows to be). Her teeth and claws are the size of swords, and they tear through armor like tissue paper. She was able to shake off a blow from Shruikan, Galbatorix's dragon who was nearly the size of a small mountain, and then came back, pinned Shruikan (with the help of Murtagh's dragon) and held him down long enough for Arya to kill him with a spear through the eye.

So Saphira is pretty strong and durable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.