What series of Thor should I introduce my friend to?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
So I took my friend to see Thor Dark World, of which she greatly enjoyed it. Post of the movie she was asking me hundreds of questions of the lore, she also asked me what series of Thor to read that would give her a good understanding of Thor and loki.

Now personally I don't think comics from 40ish years ago is what she is looking for, I am thinking something more new that ties in with the movies.

Any recommendations of what comics I should show to her?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Board Walker

Now personally I don't think comics from 40ish years ago is what she is looking for

That's where some of the good stuff is from the writer Walter Simonson

but since you want something more recent try Thor by JMS (J. Michael Straczynski,) or even the current one by Jason Aaron volume 1 of it is out.

ShadowFyre
The thor god of thunder would probably be best place to start. And then if she is still into it then definitely get some back issues of simonsons run. Many consider his Thor run to be the best.

roughrider
Besides the restart under JMS, show her Thor: Ages Of Thunder by Matt Fraction, and the miniseries Loki by Rob Rodi and Esad Ribic. It will give her a sense of lore in modern terms, without having to extensively read other Marvel publications.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.