Sentry vs Sentinel (Alan)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maxivitopowe
Most powerful versions of each

No bfr

Tony Stark
SENTRY hands down

Golgo13
Alan every time.

quanchi112
Sentry, easily.

pym-ftw
Alan wins.

Reflassshh
Starheart alan curbstomps.

Reflassshh
Starheart alan curbstomps.

PD: i HATE my phone.

the Darkone
Alan

Digi
Prolly Sentry, but it would be a helluva fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Starheart alan curbstomps. How ?

Glorificus
Sentry.

Digi
Originally posted by quanchi112
How ?

The case to be made for Alan is that He's been a "team-wrecker" and "team-wrecker wrecker" so it takes someone above high herald to hang with him. I think we all know Sentry has that capability, but Alan doesn't fluctuate as wildly in his showings. So Sentry's A-game would be needed. I do think Sentry's upper limit is higher, but Alan's best showings aren't far off.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Digi
The case to be made for Alan is that He's been a "team-wrecker" and "team-wrecker wrecker" so it takes someone above high herald to hang with him. I think we all know Sentry has that capability, but Alan doesn't fluctuate as wildly in his showings. So Sentry's A-game would be needed. I do think Sentry's upper limit is higher, but Alan's best showings aren't far off. I for one don't really pay attention to the rankings of others. I see the Sentry as far beyond the herald level power. I also think with his powers its unfair for the Sentinel as he is faster, more powerful, and stronger as well.

Digi
Originally posted by quanchi112
I for one don't really pay attention to the rankings of others. I see the Sentry as far beyond the herald level power. I also think with his powers its unfair for the Sentinel as he is faster, more powerful, and stronger as well.

Meh, Sentinel is capable of faster than light flight, and is technically a being of pure Starheart energy. I don't think a speedblitz is happening. Like, when Superman was going through some stuff and was on AWOL watch, of all DC heroes, they set Alan on guard duty for him.

Stronger is true but somewhat irrelevant, because Alan's power doesn't derive from his strength.

I never said Sentry wasn't more powerful overall. Just said it would be a good fight, which it would. No one is stomping anyone here.

quanchi112
Meh, Sentinel is capable of faster than light flight, and is technically a being of pure Starheart energy. I don't think a speedblitz is happening. Like, when Superman was going through some stuff and was on AWOL watch, of all DC heroes, they set Alan on guard duty for him.

Stronger is true but somewhat irrelevant, because Alan's power doesn't derive from his strength.

I never said Sentry wasn't more powerful overall. Just said it would be a good fight, which it would. No one is stomping anyone here. I don't foresee a speed blitz either but I think he's still consistently faster in combat so it's another notch in his belt.

I disagree with the stomp but I always go my own way, Digi.

Reflassshh
Like digi said, sentry would've a couple of better showings than alan's, but that's all, alan was more consistent, and was smacking around high heralds with lightspeed reflexes too, i don't see how sentry could win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Like digi said, sentry would've a couple of better showings than alan's, but that's all, alan was more consistent, and was smacking around high heralds with lightspeed reflexes too, i don't see how sentry could win. MM, beating him down, ripping him in half, etc. I don't see Alan even competing tbh.

Digi
The MM feat is really the one that creates the biggest divide. Reconciling it with his other history, even his next best feats, is very hard to do.

If you take that as exactly what you're getting, and assume Owen was at his normal abstract levels, yes, Sentry wins clearly (rather than winning after a really tough fight). There are, though, other possible interpretations of that feat.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Glorificus
Sentry gets penetrated.

thumb up

the Darkone
The MM feat is really the one that creates the biggest divide. Reconciling it with his other history, even his next best feats, is very hard to do.

If you take that as exactly what you're getting, and assume Owen was at his normal abstract levels, yes, Sentry wins clearly (rather than winning after a really tough fight). There are, though, other possible interpretations of that feat.

But he didn't thats key. Sentry defeated mentally unstable MM who wasn't even close to his trans multiverse level or his universal busting power, MM in Dark Avengers was trans level at best.

I say Sentiel/Alan wins a tough battle, but alan wins though.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by the Darkone
But he didn't thats key. Sentry defeated mentally unstable MM who wasn't even close to his trans multiverse level or his universal busting power, MM in Dark Avengers was trans level at best.

You're still running with that old, tired and bullsh!t excuse...? Pathetic sad

Golgo13

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MF_zps05d3d67d.jpg

Digi
Originally posted by Tony Stark
You're still running with that old, tired and bullsh!t excuse...? Pathetic sad

Or you could acknowledge that, often, your interpretation isn't the only one. Ya know, instead of an ad hominem attack that makes no rational point.

Anyway, Sentry wins in a good fight.

Warlord

Sentry wins in a good fight.

Mshinu
SENTRY wins this.

Golgo13
Or you could acknowledge that, often, your interpretation isn't the only one. Ya know, instead of an ad hominem attack that makes no rational point.

I think Alan's later showings were more impressive, TBH.

Digi
Originally posted by Golgo13
I think Alan's later showings were more impressive, TBH.

A case could certainly be made.

I just have no patience to debate this at length with the Sentry backers. And since I recognize it as a close fight, I wouldn't really be adamant in my backing of either one. I just dislike "stomp" comments in legitimately interesting fights, born of some combination of ignorance, bias, and laziness.

Tony Stark

If you were to look at the last 5-6 SENTRY threads darkone has used that same reasoning that has repeatedly had holes shot methodically through it by numerous posters. And yet here it is again...

Digi
Originally posted by Tony Stark
If you were to look at the last 5-6 SENTRY threads darkone has used that same reasoning that has repeatedly had holes shot methodically through it by numerous posters. And yet here it is again...

Ok. Why the bashing? It's only an interpretation of a feat. I asked about an ad hominem attack, and acknowledging differences of opinion more civilly, and you tried to debate the validity of the feat with me. We're none of us saints; I grant that readily. But it's also not an excuse.

Perhaps more to the point, others may not be familiar with both sides. If you've already debated DarkOne about it, he knows your stance. You could either ignore him or rehash the main points for the sake of others who are encountering the debate for the first time. Because clearly it's not as obvious as you seem to imply.

Branlor Swift
So everyone is OK with Sentry destroying a multiversal level being, but it's a problem if that feats downplayed to trans level? Poor Sentry, always getting brought down.

Also, from what I glimpsed, the people disagreeing with Darkone are the same one's who put Sentry above Galactus/Odin based on that feat. You know, all the respectable posters...

the Darkone
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
So everyone is OK with Sentry destroying a multiversal level being, but it's a problem if that feats downplayed to trans level? Poor Sentry, always getting brought down.

Also, from what I glimpsed, the people disagreeing with Darkone are the same one's who put Sentry above Galactus/Odin based on that feat. You know, all the respectable posters...

Everyone is taking that one feat of Sentry out of context and not the totality of stories prior to the Dark Avengers arch with MM.

Galan07, Mr Master, Whitch White Knight, Operator 16 etc have backed up what I said and added more evidence; that Sentry defeated a mentally unstable Molecule Man whose powers where affected by his mental state. Stable Molecule Man his cube level can created countless Galaxies stars etc and that his normal level stable; his evil persona was tran-multiverse wrecker would have collapse the Multiverse on top each other. And that DA MM defeat belongs more to the Void persona than Sentry persona which he is around HH to low trans like his peers Thor and Silver Surfer.

Isn't Sentinel above Alan Scott since he has more of the star-heart!? Sentinel is high herald or low trans that's a fact, Sentry is in battle that's for sure, because Alan will bring his A+ game to this fight and take it too Sentry

Digi
Isn't Sentinel above Alan Scott since he has more of the star-heart!? Sentinel is high herald or low trans that's a fact, Sentry is in battle that's for sure, because Alan will bring his A+ game to this fight and take it too Sentry

Sentry squabble aside, it's a bit unclear if Alan actually has more potential as Sentinel than he did as GL. It's the same power source, just channeled differently. But in practice, yes, his Sentinel persona had far better feats. It may be stated somewhere that it's an actual power boost, but my memory's not that good. If GL Alan is HH, Sentinel is undoubtedly Trans. level. Though no higher...I'd put him mid Trans. at best, and there are certainly others Trans. characters he'd lose to. But he'd wreck anyone at HH, including the cream of that crop like Kal/Thor/Surfer.

bbrem123
Im giving it to sentry here

DarkSaint85
Toss-up.

maxivitopowe
Bump

Insane Titan
Alan wins

tkitna
Sentry wins

Golgo13
Alan.

bbrem123
Sentry

Laminator_X
Either of these characters at their peak can more or less do whatever they imagine. I'm not sure how to even start calling a fight like that.

maxivitopowe
Any explanations?
Scans?
Anything?

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.