Kimura vs Wolverine vs Sabretooth vs X-23

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maxivitopowe
The counter battle

Bloodlust is on

maxivitopowe
Bump

StyleTime
Well, this match could go on for a long time. In character, Laura and Logan may team up to better their odds.

Otherwise, Laura has losing matchups against everyone here. Kimura can defend against adamantium, but her offensive output is comparatively low. Wolverine or Sabertooth are each other's worst threats.

Kimura makes it hard to determine a victor though. She could sit back and watch Wolvie/Sabes destroy each other, while laughing at Laura. Then again, the healers could just avoid Kimura until she dies of starvation.

AlmightyKfish
This will end in a stalemate between Kimura and whoever is left out of the other three.

She can't do any lasting damage or beat them in a fight, but she's pretty much impossible for them to hurt.

maxivitopowe
Night y'all
It's almost 2 am topside
I expect to see this thread pumping when I get up

Q99
Eh, Laura did really good against Wolverine when they fought. She knows the tricks to weakening a healer with bloodloss and such, and she's easily the most precise fighter of the trio.

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
This will end in a stalemate between Kimura and whoever is left out of the other three.

She can't do any lasting damage or beat them in a fight, but she's pretty much impossible for them to hurt.

I'd still call that basically a win, she can pound them pretty heavily.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Q99
Eh, Laura did really good against Wolverine when they fought. She knows the tricks to weakening a healer with bloodloss and such, and she's easily the most precise fighter of the trio.

I remember Wolverine standing around talking most of that fight. There isn't dirt to put in Logan's wounds here either way though. We can speculate about how well she'd do, but I think her loss is inevitable.

KingD19
23 is the most vulnerable, as she's the only one capable of being dismembered. Kimura can go down as well; she's not strong enough to fight against Logan or Creed, and her insides aren't as durable as her outsides. So open her mouth, pop some claws.

Q99
Originally posted by StyleTime
I remember Wolverine standing around talking most of that fight. There isn't dirt to put in Logan's wounds here either way though. We can speculate about how well she'd do, but I think her loss is inevitable.

He started out talking, but he serious'd up pretty fast (before she even started the dirt thing)... and she still continued to get major hits.

Also, she did just fine against Daken too.

Most vulnerable, but also the most agile, and in possession of the most weapons.

She also comments in X-force that Logan heals too slow compared to her (due to the adamantium).

Kimura does have super-strength. Enough so that she can kill people just by stabbing her fingers into them.

Inside of the mouth is still skin. I think you need to hit, like, organs.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Q99
He started out talking, but he serious'd up pretty fast (before she even started the dirt thing)... and she still continued to get major hits.

I know, but that page just doesn't sync with what happened after that.

He cut her, then stood around while she sliced him up and put dirt in his wounds. He even put his claws away after she did the breakdance attack. It may be artist error, but he's clawless in the subsequent pages too. It just doesn't look like "I'm serious" to me.

jitay
Kimura for the longevity win

Q99
I know, but that page just doesn't sync with what happened after that.

He cut her, then stood around while she sliced him up and put dirt in his wounds. He even put his claws away after she did the breakdance attack. It may be artist error, but he's clawless in the subsequent pages too. It just doesn't look like "I'm serious" to me.

There's also her fight against Daken, and we know he stacks up well with Logan.

She can fight on this skill level fine.

StiltmanFTW
It was stated in one of the Siege tie-ins that Logan held back vs. him. Typical father/son CIS. Non-holding back, he beat Daken twice with no major trouble.

Daken was actually going easy on Laura, too. Choosing not to use muramasa claws/stun glove/pheromones... in their second encounter, he wasn't using his extra claws (ones popping out from under the wrists). Either because he didn't want to or they haven't grown back yet.

Q99
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It was stated in one of the Siege tie-ins that Logan held back vs. him. Typical father/son CIS. Non-holding back, he beat Daken twice with no major trouble.

Daken was actually going easy on Laura, too. Choosing not to use muramasa claws/stun glove/pheromones... in their second encounter, he wasn't using his extra claws (ones popping out from under the wrists). Either because he didn't want to or they haven't grown back yet.

And she did better than him against the lab monsters shortly thereafter too. And all the lab people were massively more interested in her than him.

Every time another family member holds back against her, she does better.

"(Character) only lost because they were holding back," doesn't mean (character) is stronger.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Q99
And she did better than him against the lab monsters shortly thereafter too. And all the lab people were massively more interested in her than him.

Every time another family member holds back against her, she does better.

"(Character) only lost because they were holding back," doesn't mean (character) is stronger.

That she did.

Daken stalemated her two times. In the Utopia fight, she had Armor and Pixie backing her up.

TheGodKiller
Well, this match could go on for a long time. In character, Laura and Logan may team up to better their odds.

Otherwise, Laura has losing matchups against everyone here. Kimura can defend against adamantium, but her offensive output is comparatively low. Wolverine or Sabertooth are each other's worst threats.

Kimura makes it hard to determine a victor though. She could sit back and watch Wolvie/Sabes destroy each other, while laughing at Laura. Then again, the healers could just avoid Kimura until she dies of starvation.
IIRC, Kimura beat the sh1t out of Laura in majority of their encounters.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Q99
There's also her fight against Daken, and we know he stacks up well with Logan.

She can fight on this skill level fine.
There's also the fight from UXM. She was really out of character, but he came off as superior.

Regardless, I'm not arguing that she can't do well. I just don't see her winning.
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
IIRC, Kimura beat the sh1t out of Laura in majority of their encounters.
Yeah. The comics have been pretty adamant that Kimura is > Laura.

Q99
There's also the fight from UXM. She was really out of character, but he came off as superior.

Notably, he left his stomach wide open for a kick and she didn't deploy her foot claws. There was precisely jack-squat to prevent her from disemblowing him. Not doing so means either she forgot due to OOC, or it was part of her 'act' (as they later retconned that stuff).

A good amount of the time, I do. She was trained to fight at least as well as he did as Weapon X. She's precise. She's got less adamantium and thus both heals faster and should be a bit faster/more agile. Foot claw gives her reach and more weapons. And she knows anti-regen tactics.

Now, conversely, he's stronger, got more experience, more adamantium protection, and such, but she has a good amount in her corner.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Q99
Notably, he left his stomach wide open for a kick and she didn't deploy her foot claws. There was precisely jack-squat to prevent her from disemblowing him. Not doing so means either she forgot due to OOC, or it was part of her 'act' (as they later retconned that stuff).

A good amount of the time, I do. She was trained to fight at least as well as he did as Weapon X. She's precise. She's got less adamantium and thus both heals faster and should be a bit faster/more agile. Foot claw gives her reach and more weapons. And she knows anti-regen tactics.

Now, conversely, he's stronger, got more experience, more adamantium protection, and such, but she has a good amount in her corner.
True, but he could've done the same to her with his other hand. Or de-limbed her. Or decapitated her. She has no adamantium skeleton, so Wolverine has fight ending options that Laura doesn't.

Most of that is hype. I like Laura, but let's face facts: Wolverine has better healing feats, and better speed feats. I'm actually curious why you peg her as faster. She does have the foot claws though, and can learn Sand Attack.

Bouboumaster
Going with Logan here.
He's by far the better fighter on the field, aguarbly the fastest, and the second most rutlhess too. (Aguarbly the most ruthless if he loose his shit)

Q99
True, but he could've done the same to her with his other hand. Or de-limbed her. Or decapitated her. She has no adamantium skeleton, so Wolverine has fight ending options that Laura doesn't.

From that position? She could've sliced him open before any of that.

You're talking 'what is possible for him to do in a fight,' I'm talking 'would be casually easy from that specific position before he could do something about it.'

No adamantium skeleton. She's thus lighter, needs to move less mass around.

KingD19
It would be logical to think that? But then again, Wolverine actually has massively higher speed feats than her.

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19
It would be logical to think that? But then again, Wolverine actually has massively higher speed feats than her.

She's got his DNA, meaning she's got his mutant power enhanced speed, and when side-by-side or head to head he hasn't shown better speed.

Even with Wolverine retracting his claws, it's not like she got all those hits because he liked being cut.

StiltmanFTW
He's caught both of her hands and stated he's faster, good enough for me stick out tongue

StyleTime
Originally posted by Q99
From that position? She could've sliced him open before any of that.

You're talking 'what is possible for him to do in a fight,' I'm talking 'would be casually easy from that specific position before he could do something about it.'

No adamantium skeleton. She's thus lighter, needs to move less mass around.
Which would do nothing, while de-limbing her would basically end the fight. Wolverine wins that trade, every time.

He could do that with the same ease honestly, and with a much more significant attack.

Feats say otherwise. This isn't the real world, and being lighter doesn't always mean faster anyway.
Originally posted by Q99
She's got his DNA, meaning she's got his mutant power enhanced speed, and when side-by-side or head to head he hasn't shown better speed.

Even with Wolverine retracting his claws, it's not like she got all those hits because he liked being cut.
He looked faster when he caught both of her hands. Otherwise, they've come off as equals in direct encounters.

True. She got the hits because that's how much he cares about her. stick out tongue

Q99
Do nothing except make Wolverine spend a few seconds recovering, probably freeing her and giving her more time to attack.

And Wolverine wasn't in a position to de-limb her, she was in a position to disembowl him, or cut his legs open, or such with a small motion.

And, no, de-limbing her wouldn't end the fight. Cut off one arm and she's got claws on three additional limbs. She's been de-limbed before.

Generally means at least more agile. And, clone. She has his powers, and even his weapon X training.

Riiight, he looked mad and attacked back even, but was just letting her attack...? Sorry, not buying it.

Additionally, she had no problem landing precise hits on Lady Deathstrike either, another highly skilled regenerator who's given Logan plenty of problems.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Q99
Do nothing except make Wolverine spend a few seconds recovering, probably freeing her and giving her more time to attack. And Wolverine wasn't in a position to de-limb her, she was in a position to disembowl him, or cut his legs open, or such with a small motion.

And, no, de-limbing her wouldn't end the fight. Cut off one arm and she's got claws on three additional limbs. She's been de-limbed before.

Generally means at least more agile. And, clone. She has his powers, and even his weapon X training.

Riiight, he looked mad and attacked back even, but was just letting her attack...? Sorry, not buying it.

Additionally, she had no problem landing precise hits on Lady Deathstrike either, another highly skilled regenerator who's given Logan plenty of problems.
That wouldn't necessarily stop his attack, even if she somehow landed first, rather than trading with him. Considering he was fast enough to catch both hands, he could've chopped them off instead.

He needs one swipe, and X-23 is armless(or headless). I said "basically" end the fight, because she'd be at an insurmountable disadvantage at that point. Wolverine can continue to delimb her throughout the fight, or decapitate her. It takes all of her limbs to fight him even when he's holding back.

She's a still maturing clone that lacks Wolverine's feats, skill or otherwise. She doesn't get a pass.

He attacked twice, stood there, sometimes not even looking at her, and retracted his claws. What is so hard to buy here?

Cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.