Malaketh (Thor: The Dark World) vs. Sidious (RotJ)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
For those of you who haven't seen the new Thor movie, the main villian is Malaketh and he aims to use his artifact, the Aether to make the entire universe return to darkness (this is not a spoiler, you are told of his motives within the first five minutes of the movie).

He is powered by the Aether, and he is fully aware of Sidious's powers, and Sidious is aware of his.

Sidious does not get a saber, only the force.

This is a movie version only thread for these two.

Who wins, and why do they win?

ares834
Malakith wins. Not even Thor was able to best him on his own.

Wei Phoenix
Shouldn't this be in the movie vs forum?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jmoul
For those of you who haven't seen the new Thor movie, the main villian is Malaketh and he aims to use his artifact, the Aether to make the entire universe return to darkness (this is not a spoiler, you are told of his motives within the first five minutes of the movie).

He is powered by the Aether, and he is fully aware of Sidious's powers, and Sidious is aware of his.

Sidious does not get a saber, only the force.

This is a movie version only thread for these two.

Who wins, and why do they win?

I thought it was MALEKITH who Thor fought stick out tongue

jmoul
Originally posted by ares834
Malakith wins. Not even Thor was able to best him on his own.

Was Thor unable to win? I just saw the movie on Saturday, and I recall Thor winning in the end.

jmoul
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I thought it was MALEKITH who Thor fought stick out tongue

Whatever, spelling isn't as important when dealing with well known characters.

NemeBro
Who is Malaketh/Malekith?

ares834
Was Thor unable to win? I just saw the movie on Saturday, and I recall Thor winning in the end.

He does but it's not only by his own power. He uses one of those teleporting spears made by Selvig to beat him. His typical attacks seemed mostly ineffective.

jmoul
^Mostly, but he was strong enough to throw the teleporting spears accurately at Malekith through a giant cyclone cloud of Aether.

jmoul
Originally posted by NemeBro
Who is Malaketh/Malekith?

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/10/Christopher-Eccleston-Malekith.jpg

This is Malekith. He is the leader of the Dark Elves in Thor: The Dark World, he controls the artifact known as the Aether, which can make any world, or worlds, go dark entirely. He has a type of psychic abilities. When he becomes one with the Aether, he turns completely black and he is able to shoot out spear-like projections of the Aether.

BruceSkywalker
Whatever, spelling isn't as important when dealing with well known characters.

i know, having some fun..

as for the thread Malekith wins.. ROTJ Sids force lightning I don't think will even affect him

jmoul
Thor's lightning burned Malekith pretty badly before Malekith allowed the Aether to become part of him, and Thor did hit him more than a few times with lightning in their last battle (Although Thor's lightning is probably on a much higher level than Sid's lightning).

BruceSkywalker
Thor's lightning burned Malekith pretty badly before Malekith allowed the Aether to become part of him, and Thor did hit him more than a few times with lightning in their last battle (Although Thor's lightning is probably on a much higher level than Sid's lightning).

which is why i don't think Sid's lightning will have any type of effect , could be wrong though

jmoul
But at the same time, Sidious is among the few force users who had force lightning strong enough to kill on contact. So it could still do the job, it would just take longer due to the lower concentration of voltage, whereas Thor had a much higher concentration of voltage than Sidious, so it would take less time to fry Malekith.

Zack Fair
Palps gets owned.

He is still the better char though

ScreamPaste
Sidious gets Elf'd, unless it's EU Sidious.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Palps gets owned.

He is still the better char though

thumb up

jmoul
The thread title says it is RotJ Sidious.

Rikudo sennin
Sidious loses.

But to be fair Malekith is nothing without the Aether. As the king of the dark elves he got owned by FRIGGA! Same person who Laufey(frost giant king) one shot. But I won't act like Laufey is weak since he was abke to Ight on par with Odin and was king of a race that was generally stronger than the dark elves.

Stealth Moose
Malekith, without the Aether, took that grazing Gungnir blast to the face and only suffered minor burns. Comparatively, that spear destroyed entire jotuns and dark elves, so I'd say his durability is much higher than he's being given credit for.

That declared, he wins.

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Malekith, without the Aether, took that grazing Gungnir blast to the face and only suffered minor burns. Comparatively, that spear destroyed entire jotuns and dark elves, so I'd say his durability is much higher than he's being given credit for.

That declared, he wins.

I thought he got hit by Mijolnir?

Either was his strength was still pathetic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.