Mutants vs Mages

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
DC Mages (Home Magi only)

VS

Omega Level mutants (reality manipulators and telepaths only)

Stipulations: 15 minutes prep, basic knowledge, standard gear only

Odekahn
It's too large of a scope imo. I'd narrow it down to specific characters on each side to make answering a little easier.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Odekahn
It's too large of a scope imo. I'd narrow it down to specific characters on each side to make answering a little easier. Good idea. Consider it done.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Brockalizer
DC Mages (Home Magi only)

VS

Omega Level mutants (reality manipulators and telepaths only)

Stipulations: 15 minutes prep, basic knowledge, standard gear only Homo Magi, not Home Magi. Damn auto correct.

Odekahn
Gotta go mutants. Proteus might solo imo if it were a random encounter without prep.

Glorificus
Omega-level reality warpers?

MJJ solos.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Glorificus
Omega-level reality warpers?

MJJ solos.

Him, or Jamie Braddock

Golgo13
Tim hunter solos.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Him, or Jamie Braddock IMO there are several Megan's that could potentially solo, depends on how creative you wanna get.

Brockalizer
So nobody thinks Mordu, or Felix Faust would have a chance?

Golgo13
So nobody thinks Mordu, or Felix Faust would have a chance?

Those arent even the most powerful mages.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Golgo13
Those arent even the most powerful mages. Who else would you include, or is Hunter the only one that you think would be able to compete against reality mainipulators of this magnitude?

Golgo13
Who else would you include, or is Hunter the only one that you think would be able to compete against reality mainipulators of this magnitude?

He would more compete well, unless it's HOM Scarlet. Also, Amythyst at peak was a beast. She owned Mordru in like one panel.

Warlord
still muties

Golgo13
Originally posted by Warlord
still muties

I think it's competitive if you include DC's top mages/mystics.

Warlord
the feats for the reality altering mutants are more impressive IMO.
especcially with ridiculously powerful guys like MMJ and Jamie Braddock.
Throw in Franklin, Proteus, Legion, Wanda, Phoenix hosts etc and it's too much

DarkSaint85
All the Omega level mutants get tricked by Constantine.

Allankles
Since a lot of these mages deal with reality warping baddies and multiversal reality warping threats, it's a pretty good fight. Mages are also less encumbered, since their power source is not necessarily tied down to physical condition ala mutants who can randomly have their psionic juices fluctuate.

Warlord
you mean that the power of the mages will remain the same no matter what while the power of the mutants is dependant on some variable factor?

LeonBuco666
Marquis of Death could solo

Mshinu
"No More Magic"

maxivitopowe
Does this include The Phoenix Imbued?

operator616

MJJ can be beaten if he isn't inside the warp, it takes hours/days for his warp to spread.

Jamie's powers could be resisted through shape-shifting.

Proteus? Tim has much better feats. Though it also depends at which stage we're talking about, since Tim didn't immediately realize his full potential.

Legion? David doesn't exactly start with a personality that can warp reality. And each personality has only 1 power which it can control. Legion CANNOT use all his powers simultaneously unless we're talking about Legion Quest-David, and even then he only had 4 different powers, now he has hundreds, earlier in new mutants v3 he had thousands. For instance, if Jack Wayne becomes the dominant personality he can be (and has been) mind controlled (because Jack Wayne only controls the telekinetic power), while if Jemail is in control of Legion, then he cannot be taken down by telepathy (because he controls the telepathic power) but rather through other means. There have been times (2 instances as far as i can recall) where David controlled other personalities' power while retaining control over his body, but that required certain stipulations.

Wanda? as in HoM wanda? i didn't realize external amps are included. If they are, then let's just give Tim Hunter the Sefer Razierl book, which literally gives him the power of God/The Presence.

Phoenix hosts? Tim has done better than any, setting aside the fact that Phoenix force in itself isn't a mutant......

Tim Hunter is the most powerful magician in DC, but there are others extremely powerful ones, next id say someone like Zor. He was on Spectre's level if not more, though to be fair, that was back in the 40s, in which the spectre was weaker, but Zor has referenced his encounter with the spectre in 2005 Seven Soldiers (in fact, he referred to him as the "wrath of God" despite the fact that the spectre wasn't the wrath of God back then). Though in an '84 comic, Zor admitted that Spectre's power dwarfed his (which isn't supposed to be used against him considering that's the same writer who had the Spectre threaten the whole multiverse with his mere aura). He could also warp reality.

As for Mordru, In the 30st/31st century Mordru has shown to be able to absorb universal+ level of power more than once.

Golgo13

Not more impressive than some mages in DC/

Warlord
Originally posted by operator616
MJJ can be beaten if he isn't inside the warp, it takes hours/days for his warp to spread.

Jamie's powers could be resisted through shape-shifting.

Proteus? Tim has much better feats. Though it also depends at which stage we're talking about, since Tim didn't immediately realize his full potential.

Legion? David doesn't exactly start with a personality that can warp reality. And each personality has only 1 power which it can control. Legion CANNOT use all his powers simultaneously unless we're talking about Legion Quest-David, and even then he only had 4 different powers, now he has hundreds, earlier in new mutants v3 he had thousands. For instance, if Jack Wayne becomes the dominant personality he can be (and has been) mind controlled (because Jack Wayne only controls the telekinetic power), while if Jemail is in control of Legion, then he cannot be taken down by telepathy (because he controls the telepathic power) but rather through other means. There have been times (2 instances as far as i can recall) where David controlled other personalities' power while retaining control over his body, but that required certain stipulations.

Wanda? as in HoM wanda? i didn't realize external amps are included. If they are, then let's just give Tim Hunter the Sefer Razierl book, which literally gives him the power of God/The Presence.

Phoenix hosts? Tim has done better than any, setting aside the fact that Phoenix force in itself isn't a mutant......

Tim Hunter is the most powerful magician in DC, but there are others extremely powerful ones, next id say someone like Zor. He was on Spectre's level if not more, though to be fair, that was back in the 40s, in which the spectre was weaker, but Zor has referenced his encounter with the spectre in 2005 Seven Soldiers (in fact, he referred to him as the "wrath of God" despite the fact that the spectre wasn't the wrath of God back then). Though in an '84 comic, Zor admitted that Spectre's power dwarfed his (which isn't supposed to be used against him considering that's the same writer who had the Spectre threaten the whole multiverse with his mere aura). He could also warp reality.

As for Mordru, In the 30st/31st century Mordru has shown to be able to absorb universal+ level of power more than once.

nice.
overall I think you are right. external amps should not be included.
and yes, no one is unbeatable. thing is certain conditions need to apply for all of them to be beaten and I do not know if general knowledge as per forum rules guaranty that. my question is (as I am not that knowledgable of DC mages): don't they also have their weak points also? becasue it seems you make it to seem that weaknesses are only one sided

maxivitopowe
Legion summons Hope, Prodigy and Wonda, then erects some shields. Wonda gives Prodigy his powers back And hope uses that and the combined knowledge and power of of all the Omega Mutants.

I'm given to believe that this will be several reality warping abilities, some high end tp and tk, energy manip and at least one adaptability power so she doesn't burn up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.