Wonder Woman vs Nova Prime/BE Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Wonder Woman vs

Bleeding Edge Ironman and Nova Prime

Who wins?

-Pr-
Not sure if serious...

carver9
Yes...whats wrong with the thread? This is Pre Reboot Wondy.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by carver9
Yes...whats wrong with the thread? This is Pre Reboot Wondy.

So all this recent WW wankage makes you want more? I have no idea who you can be serious. Aren't most people saying that the 52 WW is looking more impressive than ever? Anyway, if not, the this is a complete slaughter for the Marvel men.

carver9
I disagree...Pre Reboot Wonder Woman is more powerful. Current Wondy got her arms broken by blocking a punch from Doomsday. Thats has never happened with Pre Reboot.

Cogito
I disagree...Pre Reboot Wonder Woman is more powerful. Current Wondy got her arms broken by blocking a punch from Doomsday. Thats has never happened with Pre Reboot.

Doomsday couldn't possibly be stronger than before, amirite? I mean, based on his countless DCnU appearances it'd be hard to come to any other conclusion.

Blue Area Vet

Soo....that's all you are basing her power level on?

carver9
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Soo....that's all you are basing her power level on?

No, I'm basing it off of Pre Reboot having better showings overall...waaaay better showings. What fts from Reboot am I missing that puts her at Pre Reboot levels.

Blue Area Vet
No, I'm basing it off of Pre Reboot having better showings overall...waaaay better showings. What fts from Reboot am I missing that puts her at Pre Reboot levels.

I can't speak to that, I am only going by all the Wonderwoman threads of late that seem to reflect a common belief that she is being portrayed quite high. Could be wrong, but in any case, I still have no idea why you would make this battle when either Marvelite is a match. IM would have to slightly overperform (which he does regularly) and Nova Prime sharing no power with the corp is clearly above her IMO. The two of them together is a slaughter. They would mesh perfectly.

carver9
I can't speak to that, I am only going by all the Wonderwoman threads of late that seem to reflect a common belief that she is being portrayed quite high. Could be wrong, but in any case, I still have no idea why you would make this battle when either Marvelite is a match. IM would have to slightly overperform (which he does regularly) and Nova Prime sharing no power with the corp is clearly above her IMO. The two of them together is a slaughter. They would mesh perfectly.

I can't think of anything that WW has done and I have been keeping up with the character.

I made a similar thread against another Herald with these two and the majority said they'll lose. I get your point though.

celeyhyga17
I can't think of anything that WW has done and I have been keeping up with the character.

I made a similar thread against another Herald with these two and the majority said they'll lose. I get your point though.
Which?

janus77
WW ftw.
Wondy flashes her boobs, Nova kills IM.

Galan007
Tony chops her phucking head off. Nova jerks off on her lifeless corpse.

Great thread. thumb up

janus77
Originally posted by Galan007

Great thread. thumb up
This would be after Tony feeds his penis to Nova or before?

Blue Area Vet

Great thread. thumb up

Lmao....dude, you are all over the place. smokin'

Blue Area Vet

Keep in mind that Nova's brother Robbie, a complete novist with a small portion of the Nova Force, succesfully pinned down Xenith. This is THE Richard Rider as Nova Prime.

carver9
Keep in mind that Nova's brother Robbie, a complete novist with a small portion of the Nova Force, succesfully pinned down Xenith. This is THE Richard Rider as Nova Prime.

He snuck attacked her while she was abusing someone else. After that pin/sneak attack, she abused him. That wasn't Novas brother by the way...that was Richie.

janus77
This is basically WW vs NP. Dunno enough about NP to honestly say which way this will go. That said, I prefer Wondy, so WW ftw.

celeyhyga17
He snuck attacked her while she was abusing someone else. After that pin/sneak attack, she abused him. That wasn't Novas brother by the way...that was Richie.
Wrong.

Blue Area Vet

Who cares if was a sneak attack? The point is he had the power to pin her down. A novice Nova Corp member. NP's power is magnitudes higher.

carver9
Who cares if was a sneak attack? The point is he had the power to pin her down. A novice Nova Corp member.

He didn't pin her down though. As soon as she realized she was being attacked, she worked him "until he exploited her weakness".

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by janus77
This is basically WW vs NP. Dunno enough about NP to honestly say which way this will go. That said, I prefer Wondy, so WW ftw.

Right, because IM has been proven to be chopped liver. But yeah, go with WW vs. NP because the 2 on 1 is a slaughter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Team wins I think. Nova Prime is no joke, and with Tony adding support, I give it to them.

Great thread. thumb up

That sword of his is pretty dangerous. He could probably take out pretty much everyone short of Trans with a good hit from that thing. Too bad he doesn't use it.

janus77
Right, because IM has been proven to be chopped liver. But yeah, go with WW vs. NP because the 2 on 1 is a slaughter.
Generally, when up against a pissed off herald, yeah he is.

Thor took him down without any trouble. And WW could get him with her lasso faster than he could think.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by janus77
Generally, when up against a pissed off herald, yeah he is.

Thor took him down without any trouble. And WW could get him with her lasso faster than he could think.

Um, Bleed Edge IM can think as fast as her or faster.

celeyhyga17
He didn't pin her down though. As soon as she realized she was being attacked, she worked him "until he exploited her weakness".
Wrong again.

He's talking about Robbie using a gravity node to pin Xenith down for quite a long period of time.

Also, the only time she got hold of her senses was when NP was distracted by the knowledge of Robbie still being alive. At one point he thought Robbie was dead and was pounding her with blind rage.

Considering how she easily toyed with Ravenous using seemingly superior strength and speed, it was impressive that NP had her on the ropes surprise attack or not.

When he found out Robbie was alive, he devised a quick decisive way to KO her to avoid prolonging the battle. His only reason for being there was to save Robbie in the first place.
He was never in true danger.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Wrong again.

He's talking about Robbie using a gravity node to pin Xenith down for quite a long period of time.

Also, the only time she got hold of her senses was when NP was distracted by the knowledge of Robbie still being alive. At one point he thought Robbie was dead and was pounding her with blind rage.

Considering how she easily toyed with Ravenous using seemingly superior strength and speed, it was impressive that NP had her on the ropes surprise attack or not.

When he found out Robbie was alive, he devised a quick decisive way to KO her to avoid prolonging the battle. His only reason for being there was to save Robbie in the first place.
He was never in true danger.

Don't know where you got all of that from because that isn't the way it happened. But whatever.

celeyhyga17
Don't know where you got all of that from because that isn't the way it happened. But whatever.
Got it from proper interpretation.
big grin

Blue Area Vet

that is exactly what happened and it was Robbie like I said. I have no idea how you can look at that panel and say with a straight face he wasn't pinning her down.

carver9
Does anyone have the scans of the fight? I also said before "during the sneak attack", yes, he temporarily pinned her down until she overpowered the blast and punched Nova in the face. Nova combating her h2h would have had him losing, badly. He exploited her weakness to pull a victory.

Blue Area Vet
Does anyone have the scans of the fight? I also said before "during the sneak attack", yes, he temporarily pinned her down until she overpowered the blast and punched Nova in the face. Nova combating her h2h would have had him losing, badly. He exploited her weakness to pull a victory.

I am the one who brought up the scenario, and you are changing that scenario instead of addressing it directly. My point was to illustrate just how much power a bottom rung nova corp member has at his disposal and compare that to how much more an experienced Nova Prime would have. Again, I'm only referring to the scene in which Robbie was able to pin her down with the slight portion of the nova force powers he had.

carver9
I am the one who brought up the scenario, and you are changing that scenario instead of addressing it directly. My point was to illustrate just how much power a bottom rung nova corp member has at his disposal and compare that to how much more an experienced Nova Prime would have. Again, I'm only referring to the scene in which Robbie was able to pin her down with the slight portion of the nova force powers he had.

Where was it stated he had a slight portion? Again, I dont think the ft is valid since no one is sneaking anyone. Its a face to face battle and Wondy has the reflexes of a god.

celeyhyga17
Where was it stated he had a slight portion? Again, I dont think the ft is valid since no one is sneaking anyone. Its a face to face battle and Wondy has the reflexes of a god.
Dude was a regular run o' the mill nova.

Blue Area Vet

He was ONE member of a fleet that was powered by the singular Nova Force.

carver9
Did Prime himself have the full portion of the WM?

Tony Stark

Great thread. thumb up

Twice

celeyhyga17
Yes and no.

Q99
I can't speak to that, I am only going by all the Wonderwoman threads of late that seem to reflect a common belief that she is being portrayed quite high.

Current WW can boost her strength by removing her bracers, but has less magic hax available. Her bracers can't form a forcefield and aren't as unbreakable, her tiara isn't a deadly weapon, etc..

ODG
Um, Bleed Edge IM can think as fast as her or faster. As can Nova Prime. thumb up

Blue Area Vet

How could he have the full portion if it was powering the fleet? It was divided. The WM helped him process/regulate the Nova Force.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Dude was a regular run o' the mill nova.

He was even that.

Warlord
RIder

Mshinu
Wondy goes down obviously.

Q99
Um, Bleed Edge IM can think as fast as her or faster.

You sure about that? Wonder Woman's kinda known for her reflexes and speed, she's fought Zoom (while blind!), Flash, etc..

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Q99
You sure about that? Wonder Woman's kinda known for her reflexes and speed, she's fought Zoom (while blind!), Flash, etc..

Then Zoom and Flash jobbed heavily.

Q99
Then Zoom and Flash jobbed heavily.

Nope.

And by Flash. I mean on multiple occasions. The Zoom incident was written by Geoff Johns, a Flash writer and Zolomon's creator. She also caught Jesse Quick on the edge of the speed force on another occasion. Batman says she's faster in HtH than Superman. Her villain Cheetah has superspeed powers (especially after being trained by Zoom) and is faster than just about any non-speed force user.

It's a standard thing for her to react to fast characters. Anti-speedster is something she's good at.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Q99
Nope.

And by Flash. I mean on multiple occasions. The Zoom incident was written by Geoff Johns, a Flash writer and Zolomon's creator. She also caught Jesse Quick on the edge of the speed force on another occasion. Batman says she's faster in HtH than Superman. Her villain Cheetah has superspeed powers (especially after being trained by Zoom) and is faster than just about any non-speed force user.

It's a standard thing for her to react to fast characters. Anti-speedster is something she's good at.

Yet and still, she is not a full time speedster, she is a character with super speed. Even if she fought Nova Prime and won, it would not be accomplished simply by being faster than him IMO. Anyway, the statement was made that she can move faster than the others can THINK and I disagree.

-Pr-
Eh, I honestly think that if there's one thing Diana is on the same level as High heralds with, it's reflexes. She's ridiculously quick.

As far as travel speed, not sure, but I'd say she's pretty quick, still.

shrug

celeyhyga17
She ain't winnin through speed especially with NP in the team.
Honestly she gets stomped here.

-Pr-
I honestly don't know how fast Nova is. I was just speaking more to Diana's speed than anything.

DarkSaint85
He's really fast.

Also, the World Mind does all the grunt work for him in terms of calculations and reflexes.

HOWEVER, I have seen him in battle with a delay in tactics which WW could exploit...

I mean, it even became a catchphrase.

'It is critical that you pay attention at this time, Richard Rider'.

DarkSaint85
Or he would have to issue commands to WM:

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab57/KnightRaven2010/Nova03pg04.jpg

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's really fast.

Also, the World Mind does all the grunt work for him in terms of calculations and reflexes.

HOWEVER, I have seen him in battle with a delay in tactics which WW could exploit...

I mean, it even became a catchphrase.

'It is critical that you pay attention at this time, Richard Rider'.

Cool.

DarkSaint85
NOT saying that WW is = SS travelling speed, but more proof that during battle, WM doesn't always (if ever) take control. WM DOES take control during travelling, though.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/3/33750/590554-1292613-surfer_vs_nova_super.jpg

Blue Area Vet
NOT saying that WW is = SS travelling speed, but more proof that during battle, WM doesn't always (if ever) take control. WM DOES take control during travelling, though.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/3/33750/590554-1292613-surfer_vs_nova_super.jpg

Well, if we are getting into the superspeed super reflexes things, there is ample material showing all characters with superspeed not using it or not using it effectively across the board.

dmills
Lawlz...

Team

DarkSaint85
But it was a whole shtick with Nova Prime.

Worldmind was continually trying to protect itself, and Rider continually overrode its decisions and went off and did his own thing, forcing Worldmind to help out.

IOW, Nova Prime doesn't generally allow Worldmind to take over during battle. When travelling, then yes, he sits back and allows WM to do all the number crunching and reflex adjustments (avoiding asteroids etc etc). In battle, Rider takes over, and WM advises him on what to do. But I don't think we should view Nova Prime as at his full capacity - because Rider is trusting his own instincts/reflexes in battle.

Blue Area Vet
double post

Blue Area Vet
But it was a whole shtick with Nova Prime.

Worldmind was continually trying to protect itself, and Rider continually overrode its decisions and went off and did his own thing, forcing Worldmind to help out.

IOW, Nova Prime doesn't generally allow Worldmind to take over during battle. When travelling, then yes, he sits back and allows WM to do all the number crunching and reflex adjustments (avoiding asteroids etc etc). In battle, Rider takes over, and WM advises him on what to do. But I don't think we should view Nova Prime as at his full capacity - because Rider is trusting his own instincts/reflexes in battle.

I understand that, but if Rider is going against someone who is using complete full out combat speed, it makes sense that it would compensate. Like you said, it's protecting it's self as well, which means it doesn't want Rider to die. Or how about he put up a gravemetric shield? Diana is not breaking it. Rider also easily lomotomized Ego with a blast and it was said that Ego would be able to heal himself in a few thousand years. Dude's powerful.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly don't know how fast Nova is. I was just speaking more to Diana's speed than anything.

Abnett and Lanning used that "catch phrase" because it sounds cool. It gives scenes more umph and drama. Plus it is damn cool.

Just like all characters with super speed, he can't go around blitzing everybody to death. That would make for a boring comic.
When speed is called for, a Richie or any Nova can step up to the plate.

Too fast even for opponents who have really advanced tech. This Space Knight along with Phalanx goons don't even know what hit them.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Nova_5_0004.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Nova_5_0005.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Nova_5_0007.jpg

What many forget is that Novas can increase the speed in which they process information much like a true speedster.

Rookie Nova Prime pretty much can utilize Worldmind or his suit's user support system to make calculations like a super computer then apply them in combat. Even when there are a "billion" things to consider at once.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/Annihalation-Nova04page05.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/Annihalation-Nova04page06.jpg

Here's a bit more insight into what happens to a Nova's brain when he speeds up his senses when going faster than light.

This guy's only a rookie.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Nova%20Respect%203/AvXinfinite029_zps0e1f707a.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Nova%20Respect%203/AvXinfinite030_zps89c13836.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Nova%20Respect%203/AvXinfinite031_zps1ad96572.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Nova%20Respect%203/AvXinfinite034_zpsc3c2990d.jpg

maxivitopowe
That's pretty hardcore

Blue Area Vet
Hey Cel, that's pretty much the tale of the tape! I hope people now understand why speed will not be an advantage against Nova. He said it best, "Hello, human rocket!"

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
That's pretty hardcore
Hey Cel, that's pretty much the tale of the tape! I hope people now understand why speed will not be an advantage against Nova. He said it best, "Hello, human rocket!"
Wordlyfe!

wink

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
Nope.

That's why Wally was wrecking her while being mindcontrolled in JLA: Classified, as did Zoom when Johns was writing the fight.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17052788/9.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17052790/10.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17052792/11.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17052832/12.jpg.html

Johns had Jesse Quick knock out Zoom though.

The time where she was blind was written by Rucka and even there Zoom was beating her untill he was distracted.

Batman also used Superman's reflexes rather than Diana's when he had both available under Busiek. Mcduffie is the only guy who wrote her as faster and even then he was written as faster in raw speed.

Also she was travelling in Jesse's wake when she got near speed force and Wally stole Cheetah's speed upgrade.

Warlord
greta scans for Nova. wasn't aware about much of his post anniilation feats

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Warlord
greta scans for Nova. wasn't aware about much of his post anniilation feats
The ones at the bottom is a rookie Sam Alexander.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.