Heralds CIS off Battle!!! Who Comes Out as The Winner?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Surfer

Thor

Superman

Kyle

No weakness exploiting. Straight up war!!! Fight takes place in open space. Pre Reboot versions of DC characters.

janus77
CIS-free? Surfer wins this.

Surfboard makes salami out of Kyle, Superman gets dumped into another dimension and Thor gets Loki'd until Surfer's ready to kill him.

Odekahn
Superman wins

-Pr-
CIS off doesn't mean forum avatar.

That said, Superman or Surfer.

Odekahn
Originally posted by -Pr-
CIS off doesn't mean forum avatar.

Understood thumb up

My reason for giving it to Clark in this instance is due to the "no weakness exploitation" stipulation.

Digi
Likely Surfer, though I've usually sided with Thor in similar threads. Either could win, as could Kal.

Lol at Kyle being here. At least send Hal...he'd be less of a sacrificial lamb in this context.

carver9
Originally posted by Odekahn
Understood thumb up

My reason for giving it to Clark in this instance is due to the "no weakness exploitation" stipulation.

Surfer and Thor doesn't have weaknesses and they also have more, far more powers to call upon. Thor has everything everyone else have on the battlefield, including the the ability of being just as versatile as Surfer.

I'm giving this to Thor.

janus77
Originally posted by carver9
Surfer and Thor doesn't have weaknesses and they also have more, far more powers to call upon. Thor has everything everyone else have on the battlefield, including the the ability of being just as versatile as Surfer.

I'm giving this to Thor.
Thor's slower (much much slower), less mobile, weaker overall (Thor needed Surfer to heal his wounds once) and hasn't demonstrated half the powers Surfer's shown (in a shorter run at that).

Surfer's definitely the most versatile and he has demonstrated the more imaginative applications of his powers than Thor (Superman's done crazy things with his H-V and other powers, but overall he's not very versatile).

Odekahn

I'm giving this to Thor.

Has Surfer's powers ever been drained? If so, that's a weakness that could be exploited imo. And Thor is dependent on mjolnir, if he were to be cut off from it that's a tactic directed at a weakness.

But in this scenario there is no weakness exploitation, so I see the fight as an all out brawl. Superman has more tools under the conditions of this thread.

Odekahn
Surfer comes in a close 2nd imo, followed closely by Thor and then Kyle.

Digi
Originally posted by janus77
Thor's slower

Fair enough.

(much much slower),

Calm down, son.

less mobile,

How is this different than speed?

weaker overall and hasn't demonstrated half the powers Surfer's shown.

Aaaand here's where you jump the shark. Mjolnir has more powers than Mega Man on the final boss. And the "weaker" claim has contrary evidence on at least a couple occasions.

There's nothing wrong with backing Surfer in this thread. I did above. But overstatement doesn't suit such evenly matched combatants.

ares834
Superman or Surfer.

Khazra Reborn
Either Superman or Thor.

Surfer would be too busy being a pussy, and Kyle is too squishy.

Golgo13
Superman.

carver9
Has Surfer's powers ever been drained? If so, that's a weakness that could be exploited imo. And Thor is dependent on mjolnir, if he were to be cut off from it that's a tactic directed at a weakness.

But in this scenario there is no weakness exploitation, so I see the fight as an all out brawl. Superman has more tools under the conditions of this thread.

Here you go debating crazy again. How is this going to turn into a brawl? Surfer have the fire power to put anyone down here. You must didn't read the comic where Surfer blasts was creating a black hole light yrs wide or him destroying planets, etc...you are crazy if you think Surfer can't drop anyone here with his fire power.

None of these people needs weakness exploiting to win. Surfer, Thor, Superman, and Kyle are powerful enough to hurt each other off strength alone, add in versatility and power output, this become outrageous with Thor and Surfer leading the crew.

Naija boy
Definitely Surfer. Most dangerous and lethal with CIS off and most well rounded With fewest weaknesses

Batman-Prime
Surfer

Thor

Superman

Kyle

No weakness exploiting. Straight up war!!! Fight takes place in open space. Pre Reboot versions of DC characters.

Superman or Thor
Then Surfer or Kyle.

Silver Surfer is vulnerable to a fist/hammer to the face tactic, proved more then once, and both Superman and Thor are quite good at this.

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Superman or Thor
Then Surfer or Kyle.

Silver Surfer is vulnerable to a fist/hammer to the face tactic, proved more then once, and both Superman and Thor are quite good at this.

Since his rebirth when has Surfer been koed by fist? You have a LOT of fights to choose from because he has consistently fought Heralds since his upcoming as Galactus top Herald during his rebirth in Annihilation.

Ill be waiting.

Batman-Prime
Since his rebirth when has Surfer been koed by fist? You have a LOT of fights to choose from because he has consistently fought Heralds since his upcoming as Galactus top Herald during his rebirth in Annihilation.

Ill be waiting.

You can wait as much as you want. A weakened Thor dented his little skull and did quite well. Surfer will be beaten, by hammer and fist, like always.

carver9
You can wait as much as you want. A weakened Thor dented his little skull and did quite well. Surfer will be beaten, by hammer and fist, like always.

laughing out loud

So a pissed Thor denying his skull is him being koed? You have to do better than that. Everyone here has been dropped more than Surfer has within the past 4 to 5 yrs. So your point of Surfer having a glass jaw is moot.

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi

Lol at Kyle being here. At least send Hal...he'd be less of a sacrificial lamb in this context. The phuck are you talking about, noob?

Batman-Prime
laughing out loud

So a pissed Thor denying his skull is him being koed? You have to do better than that. Everyone here has been dropped more than Surfer has within the past 4 to 5 yrs. So your point of Surfer having a glass jaw is moot.

This Thor was so weakened that he shouldn't be a problem for others. Surfer is all energy and not skill or strength, compared to the likes of Thor and Superman. ^^

Don't live in denial, as the thread starter, you should be better then this. wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
This Thor was so weakened that he shouldn't be a problem for others.

This same Thor did everything up until the end of Fear Itself. Including fighting Angrir and Nul, killing the Serpent etc.

no expression

As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, Thor had the wound when he fought Tutinax according to the time-line. mhmm

And nobody ever mentions this, but that story line ended with Thor containing a device that was going to destroy all of reality.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's slower (much much slower), less mobile,

Maybe, but Thor's proven to be very fast in the past. As a matter of fact, we've seen Mjolnir leave Surfer in the dust or at the very least be heavily competitive with him in terms of speed. Mjolnir has just proven to be flat out superior to Surfer's Power Cosmic at this point imo. Sad as it is, it was heavily hinted that Surfer is actually afraid of the hammer in Fraction's run.

weaker overall (Thor needed Surfer to heal his wounds once)

laughing out loud

Pure fanboy delusional nonsense. Anyone who thinks Thor is weaker overall then Surfer is downright crazy.

and hasn't demonstrated half the powers Surfer's shown (in a shorter run at that).

Ironically, when they're side by side, Thor very often is the one who pulls the exotic feats out of his ass.

Also, Thor not demonstrating half of Surfer's powers is an exaggeration. Surfer is probably more versatile but Mjolnir can counter pretty much any of his abilities so it doesn't really matter.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This same Thor did everything up until the end of Fear Itself. Including fighting Angrir and Nul, killing the Serpent etc.

no expression

As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, Thor had the wound when he fought Tutinax according to the time-line. mhmm

And nobody ever mentions this, but that story line ended with Thor containing a device that was going to destroy all of reality.

Exactly, so imagine what he would have done to SS if he would be at full power. Instead of a dented skull there would be no head.

carver9
This Thor was so weakened that he shouldn't be a problem for others. Surfer is all energy and not skill or strength, compared to the likes of Thor and Superman. ^^

Don't live in denial, as the thread starter, you should be better then this. wink

laughing out loud

Surfer outpunched Beta Ray Bill during the time Bill was destroying planets as a side affect of his fights.

Surfer overpowered Skaar, the same Skaar that was feeding off an entire planet while dipping in the old power. Surfer did this while going fist cuff.

Why am I telling you this? I'm pretty sure you knew it. smile

This doesn't include his fist fight against Ravenous...where Surfer fist cuffed him and blew up a planet as a side affect.

Surfer strength is comparable to theirs...the guy threw a star 2 yrs ago. His energy blast is over anyones here minus Thor and his durability is top notch; could possibly be the best on the field. Yes, Surfer can pull a majority here but I'm giving it to Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Exactly, so imagine what he would have done to SS if he would be at full power. Instead of a dented skull there would be no head.

I disagree. Not that it would matter.

Fraction's Surfer was beyond physical form. He could turn himself into a non-corporeal entity. Making him a real b*tch to fight for anyone in this thread besides maybe Thor.

carver9

Are you really trying to use that as a low showing bc you really dont want to go there. I promise you dont want to do that.

Now again, when has Surfer been koed in a fist cuff fight since his rebirth. KOED, not dented.

Naija boy
Maybe, but Thor's proven to be very fast in the past. As a matter of fact, we've seen Mjolnir leave Surfer in the dust or at the very least be heavily competitive with him in terms of speed. Mjolnir has just proven to be flat out superior to Surfer's Power Cosmic at this point imo. Sad as it is, it was heavily hinted that Surfer is actually afraid of the hammer in Fractions run.
Pure fanboy delusional nonsense. Anyone who thinks Thor is weaker overall then Surfer is downright crazy.

Saying surfer was portrayed as being afraid of the hammer or that anyone who thinks surfer is more powerful than Thor is as crazy is just as fan boyish as anything said in the thread erm

Batman-Prime
laughing out loud

Surfer outpunched Beta Ray Bill during the time Bill was destroying planets as a side affect of his fights.

Surfer overpowered Skaar, the same Skaar that was feeding off an entire planet while dipping in the old power. Surfer did this while going fist cuff.

Why am I telling you this? I'm pretty sure you knew it. smile

This doesn't include his fist fight against Ravenous...where Surfer fist cuffed him and blew up a planet as a side affect.

Surfer strength is comparable to theirs...the guy threw a star 2 yrs ago. His energy blast is over anyones here minus Thor and his durability is top notch; could possibly be the best on the field. Yes, Surfer can pull a majority here but I'm giving it to Thor.

So you take his fights against b or c listers for comparision? Well Superman oneshoted Imperiex Probes when serious, Probes that were teambusters, at the very least High Heralds like Silver Surfer.

Works both way buddy.

BRB does well against Thor but he will never be Thor. Thor does always very well against Surfer. IIRC Thor won most of his fights against Surfer, that alone speaks volumes.

Batman-Prime
I disagree. Not that it would matter.

Fraction's Surfer was beyond physical form. He could turn himself into a non-corporeal entity. Making him a real b*tch to fight for anyone in this thread besides maybe Thor.

Non-corperal entitys can be hurt by vibrational frequencies, t-vo and even HV is can be used in some cases. So Supes will be able to figure this out.

carver9
So you take his fights against b or c listers for comparision? Well Superman oneshoted Imperiex Probes when serious, Probes that were teambusters, at the very least High Heralds like Silver Surfer.

Works both way buddy.

BRB does well against Thor but he will never be Thor. Thor does always very well against Surfer. IIRC Thor won most of his fights against Surfer, that alone speaks volumes.

Really? Lets do this. Surfer fought Aegis, a Galactus level being alongside Galactus and held his own. He then fought two Galactus level beings at the same time, he was losing but he lasted long enough to defeat them. This poop on what you just said.

LOL...during that same mini, Beta Ray damaged GALACTUS. He was nothing but high end during all of that and Surfer won a fist cuff match against him. The same Bill that fought a Universal being to a stalemate.

I dont care what Thor won "in the past". I'm asking you who has defeated him in fist cuff since his rebirth. Is this question difficult for you? You are the one that said he has a glass jaw. Do you refute your statement? Let a brother know.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Saying surfer was portrayed as being afraid of the hammer or that anyone who thinks surfer is more powerful than Thor is as crazy is just as fan boyish as anything said in the thread erm

I didn't make that up:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17017836_01-25-2012-10.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17017837_01-25-2012-11.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17017838_01-25-2012-12.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17017839_01-25-2012-13.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17017840_01-25-2012-14.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17017841_01-25-2012-15.jpg

Loki's a very observant kid. smile

Also, he said weaker. Surfer being more powerful then Thor is pretty silly based on the evidence we have imho, but if he's referring to physical might, that is just outright nonsense.

zopzop
There's a reason writers make Surfer fight like a moron "in character", because if he fought to the best of his abilities, it would take a skyfather level being to stop him.

Surfer wins.

Batman-Prime
Really? Lets do this. Surfer fought Aegis, a Galactus level being alongside Galactus and held his own. He then fought two Galactus level beings at the same time, he was losing but he lasted long enough to defeat them. This poop on what you just said.

LOL...during that same mini, Beta Ray damaged GALACTUS. He was nothing but high end during all of that and Surfer won a fist cuff match against him. The same Bill that fought a Universal being to a stalemate.

I dont care what Thor won "in the past". I'm asking you who has defeated him in fist cuff since his rebirth. Is this question difficult for you? You are the one that said he has a glass jaw. Do you refute your statement? Let a brother know.

Surfer lost, got it thumb up .

Damaged doesn't mean defeated. Thor defeated Galactus once and made him run for his money, so there is that.

You don't care because it doesn't suit your case and your highballing the surfer and lowballing anyone else. I understand it, good game buffy thumb up .
So brother, it's always the same with you, you got facts you don't like you say, oh show me something from this year, if you see something from this year, well show me something from this month. You are never satisfied, FACT is, Surfer was defeated by Thor more then once and Thor never by the Surfer. That's an accurate portrayal in my book and the comics. Like it or not, but you are not the one to say whats valid and what is not. wink

Odekahn
Here you go debating crazy again. How is this going to turn into a brawl? Surfer have the fire power to put anyone down here. You must didn't read the comic where Surfer blasts was creating a black hole light yrs wide or him destroying planets, etc...you are crazy if you think Surfer can't drop anyone here with his fire power.

None of these people needs weakness exploiting to win. Surfer, Thor, Superman, and Kyle are powerful enough to hurt each other off strength alone, add in versatility and power output, this become outrageous with Thor and Surfer leading the crew.

I'm debating crazy because I said I think it would turn into a brawl? Lol ok.

And the second part of your first paragraph suggests that you think a brawl is fighting... without firepower?

Why are you acting like I said Surfer isn't capable of hurting anyone based solely on firepower?

mighty adam
I say Thor. Thor really can't lose this unless he holds back or go trading with supes. He has the greatest weapon in comics hands down, with the most raw power right on the sky father range. This aint the Thor trading blows with the hulk people.

mighty adam
Supes greatest weapon cant be used in this fight. Has Ss ever been blitzed? Thor is slow as shit but he can handle getting blitzed. Ss can blitz supes... And Kyle has tools to put supes down too. I love supes but he ain't looking to op like he usually do in this match up.

carver9
Surfer lost, got it thumb up .

Damaged doesn't mean defeated. Thor defeated Galactus once and made him run for his money, so there is that.

You don't care because it doesn't suit your case and your highballing the surfer and lowballing anyone else. I understand it, good game buffy thumb up .
So brother, it's always the same with you, you got facts you don't like you say, oh show me something from this year, if you see something from this year, well show me something from this month. You are never satisfied, FACT is, Surfer was defeated by Thor more then once and Thor never by the Surfer. That's an accurate portrayal in my book and the comics. Like it or not, but you are not the one to say whats valid and what is not. wink

Stop naming fts 30 yrs ago. Thats all you are doing to try to prove a point. I'm asking you for recent fts and you cant name a single thing.

Again I ask, when has Surfer ever been defeated since annihilation in a fist cuff match. This is a simple question my friend.

Batman-Prime
Stop naming fts 30 yrs ago. Thats all you are doing to try to prove a point. I'm asking you for recent fts and you cant name a single thing.

Again I ask, when has Surfer ever been defeated since annihilation in a fist cuff match. This is a simple question my friend.

As said, you don't like it, it aint my problem. It's canon 100%. And you do the same with Hulk, someone saying asteroid?!

carver9
I'm debating crazy because I said I think it would turn into a brawl? Lol ok.

And the second part of your first paragraph suggests that you think a brawl is fighting... without firepower?

Why are you acting like I said Surfer isn't capable of hurting anyone based solely on firepower?

Back on topic. Who do you think will win and why?

carver9
As said, you don't like it, it aint my problem. It's canon 100%. And you do the same with Hulk, someone saying asteroid?!

The reason I'm asking for fts during and after Annihilation is because Surfer received a power increased since his rebirth. Now again, when did Surfer get koed?

-Pr-

Absolutely meaningless question.

I haven't been killed by gunfire, and I've been around guns. Am I suddenly incapable of being killed by guns?

maxivitopowe
Is it just me or does Carvers...Voice... Sound different?

carver9
Absolutely meaningless question.

I haven't been killed by gunfire, and I've been around guns. Am I suddenly incapable of being killed by guns?

The difference is, Surfer has faced Heralds and has been blasted, hit in the face with Mjlonir strikes, punched in the face by someone who was absorbing an entire planet into himself...he has faced beings within the caliber of the people in this thread, some above and he endured all of it, hell, he brushed it off. With that said, getting up close and personal with Surfer isn't the deciding factor for this fight because he can hang, hell, he would probably gain an advantage throughout some of the exchange but when you add in everything else he is capable of and what he can do, the thoughts of his abilities becomes limitless.

Batman Prime said Surfer has a glass Jaw so I'm asking him, during and after Surfer rebirth, when has he been koed by a punch. This is a simple question.

Also, Batman Prime...please read.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9894/newpower.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Is it just me or does Carvers...Voice... Sound different?

Sound like Barry White?

Odekahn
Back on topic. Who do you think will win and why?

Because I think this hinders everyone else in the field more than Superman. His weaknesses are what make him not... less, completely over the top.

Supermex
Surfer Wins
Thor
Superman
G.L

quanchi112
Down to Surfer and Thor. Good thread. It's definitely down to these two.

-Pr-
The difference is, Surfer has faced Heralds and has been blasted, hit in the face with Mjlonir strikes, punched in the face by someone who was absorbing an entire planet into himself...he has faced beings within the caliber of the people in this thread, some above and he endured all of it, hell, he brushed it off. With that said, getting up close and personal with Surfer isn't the deciding factor for this fight because he can hang, hell, he would probably gain an advantage throughout some of the exchange but when you add in everything else he is capable of and what he can do, the thoughts of his abilities becomes limitless.

Batman Prime said Surfer has a glass Jaw so I'm asking him, during and after Surfer rebirth, when has he been koed by a punch. This is a simple question.

still means absolutely nothing. you're trying to apply a no-limits fallacy when you know it can't be done.

carver9
Because I think this hinders everyone else in the field more than Superman. His weaknesses are what make him not... less, completely over the top.

I thought you was a versatility guy? You tend to use that a lot when its involving a certain character. With that said, Surfer and Thor is by far the most versatile on the field. Not downing your judgement, trying to get an understanding of it since you play that card a lot during 99.9% of our debates.

Supermex

The Great one gets greater

carver9
still means absolutely nothing. you're trying to apply a no-limits fallacy when you know it can't be done.

I understand that but it proves that his opinion of Surfer is, how can I say it? False!!!!!

-Pr-
I understand that but it proves that his opinion of Surfer is, how can I say it? False!!!!!

You being wrong makes his opinion false?

Odekahn
I thought you was a versatility guy? You tend to use that a lot when its involving a certain character. With that said, Surfer and Thor is by far the most versatile on the field. Not downing your judgement, trying to get an understanding of it since you play that card a lot during 99.9% of our debates.

I said Superman had more tools in this situation, aka more versatility.

carver9
I said Superman had more tools in this situation, aka more versatility.

laughing out loud

carver9
You being wrong makes his opinion false?

Im not wrong though...I'm not seeing a post from him that counters my argument.

janus77
Are Carver and Pr brothers? I keep getting the bullying elder brother vibe from Pr's exchanges with Carver ... confused

h1a8
Originally posted by zopzop
There's a reason writers make Surfer fight like a moron "in character", because if he fought to the best of his abilities, it would take a skyfather level being to stop him.

Surfer wins. I agree. But Superman singing people out of existence just takes the cake.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
I agree. But Superman singing people out of existence just takes the cake. Context.

Odekahn
laughing out loud

It's true.

carver9
It's true.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder

Surfer wins.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

If the Surfer is functioning with no self restraint and utilizing his power to its utmost potential, he essentially becomes a mini Cube Being and wrecks havok on everyone on this list...

I love Thor to death, but I really feel that is both characters pull out all the stops and dont hold back on one another, the Surfer will dominate him...

-Pr-
Potential isn't admissible in debates.

Damborgson
Thor's the most powerful on the field. He wins this and come out with a new cape board and ring.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor's the most powerful on the field. He wins this and come out with a new cape board and ring.

Dont know about the most powerful but he does win.

thumb up

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
he essentially becomes a mini Cube Being
Yup. From his insane matter manipulation abilities, TP, time travel, force fields, black holes, phasing, etc... This is his fight to lose.

kgkg
The only thing Thor wins here is a beat down.

Damborgson
Dont know about the most powerful but he does win.

thumb up

An argument can be made for Supes and Surfer of course. They're basically interchangeable depending on the debater.

Naija boy
I didn't make that up:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17017836_01-25-2012-10.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17017837_01-25-2012-11.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17017838_01-25-2012-12.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17017839_01-25-2012-13.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17017840_01-25-2012-14.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17017841_01-25-2012-15.jpg

Loki's a very observant kid. smile

Also, he said weaker. Surfer being more powerful then Thor is pretty silly based on the evidence we have imho, but if he's referring to physical might, that is just outright nonsense.

What Loki said notwithstanding, that scene is evidence of extreme caution due to a lack of knowledge and sense of possible danger and certainly not some implicit indication of power inferiority. That's a very important distinction to make when talking about scared as it originally came off like you suggesting surfer being scared due to being somehow less.

Moreover surfer being more powerful than Thor is not outrageous at all unless we use a very selective definition of the word. I agree he isn't physically stronger though I'd say he is more durable on average

Rage.Of.Olympus
What Loki said notwithstanding, that scene is evidence of extreme caution due to a lack of knowledge and sense of possible danger and certainly not some implicit indication of power inferiority. That's a very important distinction to make when talking about scared as it originally came off like you suggesting surfer being scared due to being somehow less.

Moreover surfer being more powerful than Thor is not outrageous at all unless we use a very selective definition of the word. I agree he isn't physically stronger though I'd say he is more durable on average

I was mostly kidding, but I'd argue that yes, Mjolnir, came off as an object beyond Surfer in this scene.

It's not outrageous, but it is somewhat silly. You may disagree, but that's just what the evidence points to. Maybe, probably. Thor may be quicker to get injured, but he'd be the last one standing imho.

vince_slice
Hmm that's a good speed feat for Mjolnir, but keep in mind Surfer's power level was tethered to the Earth by Galactus. The further away from Earth, the weaker he gets. So not surprising he had a bit of trouble keeping up with Mjolnir at the end.

ODG

Surfer wins. I think this is an unfair over-generalization. And one that is widespread.

What exactly has Surfer done over the past 10 years of fights that can be considered moronic?

Odekahn
Mjolnir has a pretty amazing feat in infinity too.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by vince_slice
Hmm that's a good speed feat for Mjolnir, but keep in mind Surfer's power level was tethered to the Earth by Galactus. The further away from Earth, the weaker he gets. So not surprising he had a bit of trouble keeping up with Mjolnir at the end.

Maybe, but there was no indication that he was getting any weaker yet.

Also, does he still have that weakness? I ask because I legitimately cannot recall it ever being brought up again. I wonder if the new Surfer series will address it? My gut feeling tells me that 10 years from now, this shit will still be brought up.

Naija boy
I was mostly kidding, but I'd argue that yes, Mjolnir, came off as an object beyond Surfer in this scene.

It's not outrageous, but it is somewhat silly. You may disagree, but that's just what the evidence points to. Maybe, probably. Thor may be quicker to get injured, but he'd be the last one standing imho.

Nah not in any substantive way

And nope not silly at all I don't think. Where you see evidence pointing one way, I see it pointing in the opposite direction...heh though that's not unexpected.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nah not in any substantive way

And nope not silly at all I don't think. Where you see evidence pointing one way, I see it pointing in the opposite direction...heh though that's not unexpected.

Well, at least we know Surfer can't do shit with his Power Cosmic to move the hammer. And that it can reach Thor in areas that even Surfer cannot follow.

You really think the evidence supports Surfer being more powerful? Like, are you talking about Surfer blowing up a planet or is there some encounter I'm legit unaware of?

Naija boy
Well, at least we know Surfer can't do shit with his Power Cosmic to move the hammer. And that it can reach Thor in areas that even Surfer cannot follow.

You really think the evidence supports Surfer being more powerful? Like, are you talking about Surfer blowing up a planet or is there some encounter I'm legit unaware of?

Almost no one under skyfather can move the hammer...not too bothered by that.

And yes quite frankly I do. I think that Thor probably has a marginally higher localized offensive energy output with the godblast and such but that is certainly not all encompassing or exhaustive in a discussion of power. Hence the reason I specified that your definition of power likely affects your conception of this. I think surfer has a wider range of power applications with his matter and energy manip abilities, is much faster, and is more durable. All of which I think count very much towards the conception of "power".

Bouboumaster
Surfer wins, he has too many Tools to loose a CIS-less fight

LordofBrooklyn
1.Superman
2. Thor
3. Silver Surfer
4. Kyle

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
1.Superman
2. Thor
3. Silver Surfer
4. Kyle

thumb up

dial J for Josh
Batman-Prime just curious on your reasoning for putting thor above surfer. I am not disagreeing just curious.

Pillow Biter
Turning CIS off doesn't mean we discard comic conventions that favor physicality over exotic versatility, or limit the realistic application of powers to create more relatable fights.
Most of the reason Norinn doesn't use his powers in crazy ways that would end-run most defenses have to do with comic conventions, and not with Norinn being some kind of ineffective fighter. The same is true for why weaknesses are not relentlessly exploited in every fight.
Frankly, Superman gets more of a boost with just CIS off than Norinn. Thor doesn't get that much of a boost, as he doesn't hold back that much versus high level opponents IMO.

It is hard to judge how powerful Kyle is as White Lantern.

Warlord
Thor wins this.
When shit hit the fan he was able to one shot vaporize Durok without even using mjolnir. And we are talking about a guy that was giving Surfer trouble here.

Mindset
Everyone gives SS problems until they don't.

Warlord
still I don't recall one shot killing Durok like Thor did.
Anyway that's an example to make my point. Others have theirs.
I bet you can make a conviencing case for Kyle balloon

Mindset
Don't bring Kyle into this. sneer

Pillow Biter
Isn't Kyle in the OP? Do they mean him as a White Lantern?

Warlord
Originally posted by Mindset
Don't bring Kyle into this. sneer

your complains to Carv

beatboks
Surfer or Thor (especially if he employs the full power of mjilnor ). I have no idea why Kyle is even here, unless it's Ion and even then it would need to be HOG Ion to have a shot here IMHO.

Mindset
Originally posted by beatboks
Surfer or Thor (especially if he employs the full power of mjilnor ). I have no idea why Kyle is even here, unless it's Ion and even then it would need to be HOG Ion to have a shot here IMHO. smfh

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Batman-Prime just curious on your reasoning for putting thor above surfer. I am not disagreeing just curious.

SS is powerful and the most versatile. He is a good blaster but Thor can match him there and beats him in strength and h2h skills. Speed is a nonfactor as SS is not a speedster, his travelspeed is like Thors but combatwise he isn't a flash. And most of all, Thor beat him more then once, while Surfer never bested Thor IIRC.

beatboks
Originally posted by Mindset
smfh don't understand I'm an old fart. Care to explain?

Mindship
Spite. CISless Surfer ftw. His options, his power...it strains the bounds of mortal imagination. cool

ShadowFyre
I think this comes down to Surfer and Thor. To many powers they can put into play that the others cant. Superman has weaknesses they can exploit. I think Thor can put Surfer down and is the better fighter. But Surfer can bring his high end stuff to play just a bit faster than Thor can so out of ten I would think

Ss-5 wins
Thor-4 wins
Supes-can take a win maybe even 2 but punching fast just isnt versatile enough here.
Kyle-leavin him out of this. He is either one shotted or one shots everyone here

The Sorrow
I'd wager Surfer would benefit the most with CIS off. His powerset is crazy versatile and still has power comparable to Supes and Thor, plus he can essentially fight on two fronts with his board. Norrin wins imo.

-Pr-
Guys, CIS-Off does NOT turn a character in to a forum avatar.

Mindship
Guys, CIS-Off does NOT turn a character in to a forum avatar. disgust

Naija boy
Guys, CIS-Off does NOT turn a character in to a forum avatar.

Surfer does not need to turn into forum avatar mode to benefit the most from having CIS off though. He, probably to the greatest extent here deliberately holds back some of the more lethal power applications that he has shown to be capable of. CIS off would take of CIP as well and would free all those up no?

-Pr-
Surfer does not need to turn into forum avatar mode to benefit the most from having CIS off though. He, probably to the greatest extent here deliberately holds back some of the more lethal power applications that he has shown to be capable of. CIS off would take of CIP as well and would free all those up no?

We differentiate between them, but they do feed in to each other at times, yes.

I'm not saying Surfer wouldn't benefit the most. He very well might be. I'm just saying he doesn't become a walking powerset people get to play with just because CIS is off. He's still Norrin Radd.

Naija boy
We differentiate between them, but they do feed in to each other at times, yes.

I'm not saying Surfer wouldn't benefit the most. He very well might be. I'm just saying he doesn't become a walking powerset people get to play with just because CIS is off. He's still Norrin Radd.

Understandable. And yeah I don't think forum avatar mode is valid either.

-Pr-
Understandable. And yeah I don't think forum avatar mode is valid either.

I honestly try to avoid that shit as much as possible.

I debate characters. Not the powerset that comes with them.

Mshinu
Thor smashes Supes` face in with his magical hammr.
Surfer steals Kyle`s ring and throws him in a black hole.
Thor breaks Surfer`s board and hammers Norrin into a paperweight while absorbing his attacks.

Odinson wins.

vince_slice
Maybe, but there was no indication that he was getting any weaker yet.

Also, does he still have that weakness? I ask because I legitimately cannot recall it ever being brought up again. I wonder if the new Surfer series will address it? My gut feeling tells me that 10 years from now, this shit will still be brought up.

That weakness was established at the end of the Galactus Seed arc, and the Mjolnir scene was near the beginning of the next arc. Both were written by Fraction, and Surfer still looked Earthbound, so I assumed it was still in play.

I think he still does, I don't recall it ever being taken away. The Mad Celestial arc in FF might mention it, since it addressed the Galactus seed, but I don't remember if the weakness of explicitly lifted. The Surfer on-going might, it depends what Dan Slott wants to do. He said it was going to be like Dr. Who, where Surfer travels to these fantastic places around the universe. So maybe he'll lift the weakness... or ignore it. Probably the latter.

Odekahn
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I think this comes down to Surfer and Thor. To many powers they can put into play that the others cant. Superman has weaknesses they can exploit.

No weakness exploitation per the OP.

-Pr-
And even if they could, they wouldn't be the first ones that had tried.

Mindship
Imho, weakness exploitation on Supes shouldn't really be considered anyway cuz of how inconsistently it is written.

Plus, a CISless Supes is nothing to sneeze at either. CISless, one should probably just forget about w.e., regardless of OP.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Mshinu
Thor smashes Supes` face in with his magical hammr.

LIES!

mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.