Mod and Leader????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
What's the difference b/t a mod and a leader???
I don't get it....uh maybe this should be under the technical stuff... embarrasment stick out tongue

Dexx
hmm...i know this at least. the leader is lower on the scale.
AND..the moderator moderates as for the leader...he leads.

Julie
uh .,..well that clears it up.....

Gundark
Ummm..................................ask Raz. cool

Julie
calls "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"
I don't think he heard me:-(

mah
example: I'm a forum leader for lotr..don't have any powers outside of that. finti is a mod, so is mech, ush and the list goes ever on

mechmoggy
Sssssssh! I've been working undercover mah.

Raz
What mah said.

finti
your cover has been blown for awhile Mech

mechmoggy
Damn these "hello, I'm a moderator. Please abuse me at your discretion" badges that Raz makes us wear. sad

finti
i lost mine

mechmoggy
I thought of that but Raz has another which says "hello I'm mech, I'm here for you should you need someone to punch".

I thought I'd stick with the first.

finti
Well they tried but then again I am the Norse overlord so I guess they just changed their minds devil evil face

Ushgarak
Basically, there was a time when there was a very distinct division ebtween those who looked after forums and those who had responsbility ofr the whole site and had powers over ALL the forums, and comprise the Jedi Council for the site with their own area of the for,ms which people suspect is some secret funhouse but is actually the same as everywhere else, including queeq getting things off-topic ASAP.. There is nothing to stop the second being the first as well- i.e. you can be a mod for the whole site but still more specifically expected to particularly look after one area as well.

Various changes means that Mah is currently the only person who runs a forum but it not a mod. All the other forum leading jobs are being done by some of the mods

mechmoggy
Except me, I'm sort of what they refer to as a floating mod.

A floater if you will......no forget that, its not a good name for me. sad

Ushgarak
Not only except for you, Mech.

mechmoggy
Who else? confused

Ushgarak
Dim

finti
floater laughing out loud

mechmoggy
*Goes and checks forum leaders page*

Oh yeah, never noticed before.

Member.
how do u get to become mods?

mechmoggy
In my case I think it was my length of service here. That and the existing mods wanted someone they could push around and make tea for them in the JC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.