Thor & Kurse VS. Hulk & Abomination

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Battlefield is an evacuated New York. Thor gets Mjolnir, the rest can pick up whatever they find in the city. Thor and Hulk know a little bit about each other from their fight and team-up in the Avengers. That's the extent of their knowledge about the other team.

All are going for the kill and will show no mercy. Once both members of a team are killed or KO'd then the match is finished. Fighters start a mile apart.

Who wins?

COG Veteran
Thor goes... ZAPPPP with mjolnir.

/end fight.

Stealth Moose
I realize Hulk can be KO'd, but can he even die?

Mindship
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I realize Hulk can be KO'd, but can he even die? Are you thinking of what Ruffalo Banner said, about spitting out a bullet? That was an intense statement.

As to who wins? Allow me to paraphrase:
"We have a Kurse."

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Mindship
Are you thinking of what Ruffalo Banner said, about spitting out a bullet? That was an intense statement.

As to who wins? Allow me to paraphrase:
"We have a Kurse."

I am, and that quote is exactly what I had in mind. I imagine Hulk can be KO'd. His endurance appears to have a limit. Whether or not he can properly die I think is unlikely. Same with Supes; Supes can get his ass handed to him by some beings, but it's more likely that he would be KO'd or ring out versus an opponent rather than just die.

That being said, Kurse's stacking against Thor proves that he's more dangerous than Hulk so I think their team has the win more often than not.

FrothByte
Are you thinking of what Ruffalo Banner said, about spitting out a bullet? That was an intense statement.

"We have a Kurse."

Here's my take on that. Banner doesn't just Hulk out when he's angry, he also Hulks out when he's in danger.

Because Banner was contemplating suicide, Hulk knew that there was danger present and he was able to counter it. That's completely different from say, a sniper shooting Banner in the head with completely unknowing.

Another thing to consider is that bullets can't kill hulk, especially a handgun. So if Banner tries to kill himself with something that can't kill Hulk, then it follows that the Hulk can just come out and stop it. But what if that something was something that could kill Hulk?

Last thing is, we can't simply assume that Hulk is unkillable simply because he hasn't been killed or KO'd because then we could also assume the same for Thor. Thor has never been KO'd and he even once died via destroyer but his powers proved that they can resurrect him. Are we to assume both Thor and Hulk can't be killed?

KingD19
I don't think Thor can be brought back normally. That was a special case of him dying as a "human" and being restored to full godly form was like a restart switch. But I think if he gets killed in his standard form, he's done for good.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
I don't think Thor can be brought back normally. That was a special case of him dying as a "human" and being restored to full godly form was like a restart switch. But I think if he gets killed in his standard form, he's done for good.

Agreed, but that also my point with the Hulk. Wouldn't it be the same for Hulk? If he gets killed while in the Hulk form then that should be permanent. Heck if he gets KO'd in Hulk form, then reverts to Banner, then you try to kill him then: I don't think the Hulk can come back out to stop it.

KingD19
Also agreed. Hulk is clearly vulnerable to damage. And if anyone can put the hurt on him it's Kurse.

Mindship
Frankly, I was surprised by that statement. But then, putting a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger usually results in blowing your brains out the back of your head. That apparently didn't happen here (otherwise how could he have spit out the bullet). So this was not an instant death blow.

How about: "I am in a world of sh*t!"

Would Pyle have survived if he could Hulk out?

KingD19
Frankly, I was surprised by that statement. But then, putting a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger usually results in blowing your brains out the back of your head. That apparently didn't happen here (otherwise how could he have spit out the bullet). So this was not an instant death blow.

How about: "I am in a world of sh*t!"

Would Pyle have survived if he could Hulk out?

We see how quickly he can shift to Hulk from Avengers when he hit the Leviathan, and from 08 "Hulk" when he instantly changed about a split second before he hit the ground.

So the most logical thing that can happen is that he pulled the trigger, and Hulked out in that same moment, then Hulk spat out the bullet.

janus77
Banner says "I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spat it out", implying that the transformation happened after he'd shot himself. So the transformation is definitely instantaneous.

Also, the biggest strength feat is definitely the one-punch take down of the mechafish.

Whatch Avengers again, those mechafish were so durable that they destroyed buildings by merely brushing up against them.

Hulk took down one with a standing punch and one when he leapt out of a building and dragged it down.

As for durability, Thor was noticeably running for cover when the jet began to unload on Hulk, yet Abomination and Hulk both can tank that kind of thing without a problem.

Kurse was bashing Thor, but that's nothing that Hulk couldn't have done (and indeed he was getting down to doing so, when the jet attacked him).

The physically strongest character here is Hulk, the one with the best endurance feat is Hulk.

I can't recall Kurse facing anything much aside from Thor's hammer strikes. The Asgardians were pretty feeble, no more worthy of note than the Dark Elves.

I'd definitely rate Hulk as superior to Kurse, from depictions so far.

KingD19
But we see one massive Hammer uppercut send Hulk reeling. And Thor held his own pretty well against Hulk without the hammer. Yet Kurse treated him like a stepchild. And actually launched him with a single hit.

FrothByte
Originally posted by janus77
Banner says "I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spat it out", implying that the transformation happened after he'd shot himself. So the transformation is definitely instantaneous.

Also, the biggest strength feat is definitely the one-punch take down of the mechafish.

Whatch Avengers again, those mechafish were so durable that they destroyed buildings by merely brushing up against them.

Hulk took down one with a standing punch and one when he leapt out of a building and dragged it down.

As for durability, Thor was noticeably running for cover when the jet began to unload on Hulk, yet Abomination and Hulk both can tank that kind of thing without a problem.

Kurse was bashing Thor, but that's nothing that Hulk couldn't have done (and indeed he was getting down to doing so, when the jet attacked him).

The physically strongest character here is Hulk, the one with the best endurance feat is Hulk.

I can't recall Kurse facing anything much aside from Thor's hammer strikes. The Asgardians were pretty feeble, no more worthy of note than the Dark Elves.

I'd definitely rate Hulk as superior to Kurse, from depictions so far.

And yet Hulk hit THor with a full punch, twice, and it didn't really do that much damage to Thor. So Hulk punching the mechafish may have been a nice feat, but Thor is obviously tougher than the mechafish considering that Hulk's punch didn't do much to Thor.

Another thing is, Thor actually hurt Hulk with the mjolnir uppercut. Heck, a right cross from Thor sent Hulk spinning. Yet Thor's punches didn't faze Kurse. So basing on that then in terms of durability we can say Kurse > Hulk.

Strength wise, it's a toss up. I think Kurse has the highest starting strength followed by Abom then Hulk then Thor. Hulk has the potential to get stronger though. But Thor and Kurse are more agile than Hulk and Abom.

wallman77
^^^this. Thor was givin it to hulk decent whenever he DiD land. That hook made him 360 nicely. Kurse was eating thor's blows like he was some chump. .....Oh and plz plz plz lets not get into using thor jumping out of the way of the machine gun fire as a basis for any argument. You're an absolute IDIOT if u think he couldn't tank that. He has no selled far worse. Hell superman and faora leaped out the way of that chopper gun fire in MOS...u gonna say they couldn't tank it?? Its more a case of...id rather not get hit by it even if ill walk away from it. Anyway back on topic. I think it'll come down to the length of the fight. If it drags out...hulk and A bomb. Kurse and thor should look to end it quick. And thor has to stop trying to brawl and use more of his exotic powers... like how he did with the destroyer. Summon a massive tornado...pick em up off their feet and spam lightning till they are charred.

Zack Fair
Thor & Kurse

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Thor & Kurse

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Thor & Kurse

Lestov16
Thor/Kurse winnage

Stealth Moose
Yup. Good argument for them. Kurse is utterly stupid strongk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.