Sentry vs. Surfer vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadowFyre
This is a power comparison more than a fight between actual characters.

Due to their plot device powers what ability does one of these guys have that the others dont?

Sentry has matter manip but so does Surfer so basically exact same powers in a way right?

Thor can easily open portals but can the power cosmic do the same thing? If they can make blackholes?

Anyway matter manipulation vs. Powercosmic vs. Magic

Bouboumaster
Silver can travel in space AND time, and he can see in the past and in the future.

He also has his sweet, sweet cosmic awarness.

zopzop
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Silver can travel in space AND time, and he can see in the past and in the future.

He also has his sweet, sweet cosmic awarness.
He can also raise the dead (this includes Gods), create life and evolve it billions of years in a few seconds, his matter manip functions on a scale that sh|ts all over anyone in this thread (planetary), TP (also on a planetary scale), you already mentioned time travel and he can go both FORWARD and BACKWARD through time, opening up black holes (even in people if he wanted to), etc...

He's not a high herald, LoM said it best, he's a mini Cube Being.

Mshinu
SENTRY got the Power Of A Billion Exploding Suns, can`t die unless he wants to, his molecules are a second ahead of all other matter and he is better looking.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Mshinu
he is better looking.

He looks stupid.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by zopzop
He can also raise the dead (this includes Gods), create life and evolve it billions of years in a few seconds, his matter manip functions on a scale that sh|ts all over anyone in this thread (planetary), TP (also on a planetary scale), you already mentioned time travel and he can go both FORWARD and BACKWARD through time, opening up black holes (even in people if he wanted to), etc...

He's not a high herald, LoM said it best, he's a mini Cube Being.

Yeah, also, that.

Oh, and he can attack souls too. Either in the Astral Plane, or just by ****ing eat it.

janus77
He can literally be "one with everything", by expanding his consciousness into the environment and people in it. Making himself literally unkillable.

He can "merge with" and outright takeover people, integrating his powers with theirs as he did with Skaar.

He can anchor souls to anything he wants (Lunatik's soul was anchored to the planet he left him on).

He can absorb and amp from souls.

He can give people superpowers equal to his own.

And he can create Mjolnirs of his own, by synthesising The OdinForce.

There's literally noone below Skyfather (and specifically Odin) who has the range and displays of powers that Surfer has.

Thor doesn't even come close, if you're serious about it.

the Darkone
It will come down to Thor and Silver Surfer because they are so close it's not even funny they are the top dogs in Marvel; both of these characters over the years have been punching out of their weight class. They can can do things that the other can't do or haven't done yet; but head to head it favors Thor because of his warrior attitude as where Silver Surfer is to passive at times but that doesn't mean he ain't going to kick your a$$, mojlhner can counter everything that Silver Surfer throws at Thor and dish it right back.

quanchi112
Sentry. On another level.

Digi
Originally posted by Mshinu
and he is better looking.

Shots fired. Thor >>>>>>>>>> Sentry in looks.

no...slight homo

9jaboy
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry. On another level.
this is a versatality contest buddy not power level,read the op.

Naija boy
Well this is odd. Lol anyhow, Surfer is clearly the most versatile and has the widest amount of power applications on the highest level. Then Thor, then sentry.

Stoic
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Due to their plot device powers what ability does one of these guys have that the others dont?

Sentry has matter manip but so does Surfer so basically exact same powers in a way right?

Thor can easily open portals but can the power cosmic do the same thing? If they can make blackholes?

Anyway matter manipulation vs. Powercosmic vs. Magic

I think that the Sentry is more of a psionic manifestation that Bob subconsciously controls. Thor is mystical, and the Surfer is cosmic.

Reflassshh
Surfer turns them into plantets for galactus to eat.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 9jaboy
this is a versatality contest buddy not power level,read the op. Sentry still.

9jaboy
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Surfer turns them into plantets for galactus to eat.
not gonna happen kiddo,,but surfer's more versatile.

LeonBuco666
Surfer easily.

Branlor Swift
Why is Sentry even in this thread? Sure he's versatile but he has absolutely nothing on Thor and especially Surfer.

Might as well throw Superman in here.

Tornatic
Originally posted by Stoic
I think that the Sentry is more of a psionic manifestation that Bob subconsciously controls. Thor is mystical, and the Surfer is cosmic.

Yep. Agree

ShadowFyre
I put Sentry in here because matter manipulation in itself is a pretty versatile powerset if used correctly. I forgot about Surfer doing all the soul stealing and what not. Who was the being of comparable powerbto Surfer. I wonder how he can do that if galactus is the one giving him a percentage of his power?

the Darkone
Thor and Silver Surfer are pretty damn close in energy output, energy absorption, matter manipulation and versatility; Sentry is not even close being in their league. Sentry matter manipulation was a one time deal that was due to Void influence more than any thing, is Sentry powerful yes but versatility he's not even close the top top dogs in Thor and Silver Surfer, even Quasar is almost as powerful and just as versatility more so than Sentry.

I would have Thor, Silver Surfer, Sersi and Quasar over Sentry just on plain overall powers and versatility; sometimes it's not all about strength because that can only go so far you need a game changer and the three I mention are better overall.

ODG
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Why is Sentry even in this thread? Sure he's versatile but he has absolutely nothing on Thor and especially Surfer.

Might as well throw Superman in here. wat

zopzop
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor and Silver Surfer are pretty damn close in energy output, energy absorption, matter manipulation and versatility; Sentry is not even close being in their league. Sentry matter manipulation was a one time deal that was due to Void influence more than any thing, is Sentry powerful yes but versatility he's not even close the top top dogs in Thor and Silver Surfer, even Quasar is almost as powerful and just as versatility more so than Sentry.

I would have Thor, Silver Surfer, Sersi and Quasar over Sentry just on plain overall powers and versatility; sometimes it's not all about strength because that can only go so far you need a game changer and the three I mention are better overall.
Thor is nowhere near Surfer in matter manip or sheer versatility. Energy absorption is more or less the same. But Thor's energy output is, IMHO, greater than Surfer's (the Godblast has accomplished some impressive things).

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by ODG
wat While the comparison might be a little extreme makeover home edition. It wasn't meant to be taken literally.

It's more of fanboys bloating versatility because of a few powers he uses well.

A more literal comparison would be throwing Thanos in the thread as opposed to Sentry. While the characters are versatile, they are nowhere close to two characters who can pretty much do anything they want ever.

But then I realize Quan has no reasons at all for saying Sentry is the winner here. So there's that.

ShadowFyre
Isnt quasar and novas powerset basically the power cosmic.? I mean they donstem from some cosmic whatever right.

ODG
^ Quasar controls quantum energies he taps into with the q-bands. Nova Prime manipulates the Novaforce which, if I understand correctly, is weaponized gravimetric energies.

They're cosmic in nature, but it's not the Power Cosmic that Galactus, his Heralds and Thanos tap into.

RockofAges
The Sentry possesses weather manipulation, molecular manipulation, telepathy, other psionic abilities photokinesis as well as being displaced in time. He is far more powerful than the other two.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by RockofAges
The Sentry possesses weather manipulation, molecular manipulation, telepathy, other psionic abilities photokinesis as well as being displaced in time. He is far more powerful than the other two.

Wut?

Weather manip?

Warlord
Thor is nowhere near Surfer in matter manip or sheer versatility. Energy absorption is more or less the same. But Thor's energy output is, IMHO, greater than Surfer's (the Godblast has accomplished some impressive things).

I give you that Thor lacks the versatility and matter manipulation (does he even have any recently?) of Surfer but energy absorption being even? I dissagree. Mjolnir can out perform Surfer in absorbing energy IMO

RockofAges
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Wut?

Weather manip?

Sentry Vol. 1 #5, He created a storm, as well as a hurricane which rotated in the opposite direction.

quanchi112
While the comparison might be a little extreme makeover home edition. It wasn't meant to be taken literally.

It's more of fanboys bloating versatility because of a few powers he uses well.

A more literal comparison would be throwing Thanos in the thread as opposed to Sentry. While the characters are versatile, they are nowhere close to two characters who can pretty much do anything they want ever.

But then I realize Quan has no reasons at all for saying Sentry is the winner here. So there's that. Care to make a wager on that ?

Branlor Swift
A wager on you just randomly fanboying?

Quite frankly I don't even want to see you post again let alone discuss the inner workings of your mind.

quanchi112

Anyway matter manipulation vs. Powercosmic vs. Magic Sentrys powers are on another level which I said from the get go. His powers hands down make the other two look like frail Canadians in comparison to a strong American.

Branlor Swift
Sentrys powers are on another level which I said from the get go. His powers hands down make the other two look like frail Canadians in comparison to a strong American. Who's more versatile:

Thanos, Sentry, or Surfer?

quanchi112
Who's more versatile:

Thanos, Sentry, or Surfer? This thread isn't about versatility. You misinterpreted the thread. It's ok I forgive you.

Odekahn
http://persephonemagazine.com/2013/01/gif-it-to-me-baby-popcorn-gif/jon-stewart-popcorn1-2/

Branlor Swift

Anyway matter manipulation vs. Powercosmic vs. Magic Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I put Sentry in here because matter manipulation in itself is a pretty versatile powerset if used correctly. I forgot about Surfer doing all the soul stealing and what not. Who was the being of comparable powerbto Surfer. I wonder how he can do that if galactus is the one giving him a percentage of his power?

this is a versatality contest buddy not power level,read the op. Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry still.

This is why everyone remembers you as nvr's buttplug.

Now if you could answer the question please:

Who's more versatile between Sentry, Thanos, and Silver Surfer?

ShadowFyre
Well its a comparison of what yhe powers could actually do. Everyone is more than welcome to compare other characters if they wish. I just used these 3 as they are generally portrayed as the most powerful. I was trying to keepnout reality warpers though. And maybe Strange should have replaced Thor in the magic department.

If Sentry only has matter manipulation, and Surfer has the exacy same power plus a multitude of others how would Sentry be more powerful? Just curious? Actual energy output?

quanchi112
This is why everyone remembers you as nvr's buttplug.

Now if you could answer the question please:

Who's more versatile between Sentry, Thanos, and Silver Surfer? He was wrong. This is about comparing the powers against the other. Sentry still is leagues above the others in terms of effectiveness and overall sheer power.

Control yourself, young man.

Branlor Swift
He was wrong. This is about comparing the powers against the other. Sentry still is leagues above the others in terms of effectiveness and overall sheer power.

Control yourself, young man. Even if, you still said Sentry was more versatile.

I'll take the refusal to answer as a concession that Thanos isn't more versatile.

quanchi112
Even if, you still said Sentry was more versatile.

I'll take the refusal to answer as a concession that Thanos isn't more versatile. Based off his molecular/reality altering powers but that isn't about the thread which I am determined for it to get back to.

That is off topic and if its one thing that Quan hates is thread derailment.

Branlor Swift
Oh quan, this is why no one even considers anything you say.

Anyway, the threadstarter brought up an interesting point with Dr Strange. He's one of the few I'd place on the Surfer level of versatility. Firestorm too.

quanchi112
Oh quan, this is why no one even considers anything you say.

Anyway, the threadstarter brought up an interesting point with Dr Strange. He's one of the few I'd place on the Surfer level of versatility. Firestorm too. Well, reality mm warping along his scale really outdoes the Surfer and Thor. You know I'm right and it's eating you alive.

carver9
So Quan...you are basing your entire argument off of one showing?

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
So Quan...you are basing your entire argument off of one showing? The op wants me to base it off a few showings. You need to read something before you start spewing nonsense.

Branlor Swift
Well, reality mm warping along his scale really outdoes the Surfer and Thor. You know I'm right and it's eating you alive. That would make him more powerful and versatile than Thanos too then? Interesting

quanchi112
That would make him more powerful and versatile than Thanos too then? Interesting When did I say that ? I refuse to answer these off topic questions. if you want my answer then make the thread. Quan has spoken.

Branlor Swift
When did I say that ? I refuse to answer these off topic questions. if you want my answer then make the thread. Quan has spoken. It's one question Quan.

You answered this "off topic question" afterall:
this is a versatality contest buddy not power level,read the op. Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry still.

In fact, you keep replying to everything I say except that question. And I am apparently off topic.

When you answer this completely off topic post. smile

ShadowFyre
Ok. Let me clear it up. I want to compare what the actual powersets of each character are capable of doing. I used these 3 characters as basically a reference. So far we have molecular manipulation, the power cosmic, and high end magic. So based off what Janus posted on the first page. The power cosmic seems to be vastly more versatile than matter manipulation if it is capable of doing matter manipulation plus all the extra stuff.

Being more versatile is one aspect of being more "powerful". That is why we (Im a retired Infantry Marine). as Marines are more effective on a squad and platoon level than yourbaverage army infantry man (excluding Rangers ). We are trained to be more versatile and be able to more things in a variety of environments and be able to adapt.

Anyway my personal oppinion is that high end magic should be able to do the most things as it is deus ex machina power. Butblets compare just surfer and sentry real quick. What actual feats does sentry have that surfer could replicate and vice versa.

ShadowFyre
Featsbfrom his malipulation powerset. Not fistfights. Despite what some seem to believe. Punching shit really hard is not a powerset. Strength is but not punching.

quanchi112
It's one question Quan.

You answered this "off topic question" afterall:

In fact, you keep replying to everything I say except that question. And I am apparently off topic.

When you answer this completely off topic post. smile I didn't answer his question I simply restated my opinion Sentry still because nothing has changed. Now take that you petty man.

Branlor Swift
Ok. Let me clear it up. I want to compare what the actual powersets of each character are capable of doing. I used these 3 characters as basically a reference. So far we have molecular manipulation, the power cosmic, and high end magic. So based off what Janus posted on the first page. The power cosmic seems to be vastly more versatile than matter manipulation if it is capable of doing matter manipulation plus all the extra stuff.

Being more versatile is one aspect of being more "powerful". That is why we (Im a retired Infantry Marine). as Marines are more effective on a squad and platoon level than yourbaverage army infantry man (excluding Rangers ). We are trained to be more versatile and be able to more things in a variety of environments and be able to adapt.

Anyway my personal oppinion is that high end magic should be able to do the most things as it is deus ex machina power. Butblets compare just surfer and sentry real quick. What actual feats does sentry have that surfer could replicate and vice versa. So everyone in this thread knows how to read is what you're saying... except one individual?

Anyway, Surfer can do any power Sentry can, he just might not be able to match the power output (although he can actually match the power output in most of Sentry's random power feats).
Evaporating people with matter manip? Surfer's done that.
Energy being spit out enough to destroy planets? Surfer also did that.
Mindraping an entire planet? Surfer's done that.
Bringing people back from the dead? Surfer evolved an entire planet to live again.
Creating things out of nothing? Surfer's done that a lot.
Etc.

But Surfer has a crazy amount of other random powers so it doesn't even out that well.

ShadowFyre
Ok. Is there anything that Thor or another magic user have done that Surfer or someone wielding the power cosmic absolutely could not replicate. Can Surfer absorb any type of energy and redirect it like Mjolnir has?

Branlor Swift
Ok. Is there anything that Thor or another magic user have done that Surfer or someone wielding the power cosmic absolutely could not replicate. Can Surfer absorb any type of energy and redirect it like Mjolnir has? Thor shot anti matter out of his hammer once. Galactus can do that, Surfer can't.

Magic out of Surfer's reach... summoning beings maybe?

Surfer can absorb and redirect, but he can't do it on Thor's level considering it's his body doing it, not a hammer.

janus77
Ok. Is there anything that Thor or another magic user have done that Surfer or someone wielding the power cosmic absolutely could not replicate. Can Surfer absorb any type of energy and redirect it like Mjolnir has?
Mjolnir has nothing, in terms of versatility, on The Power Cosmic as wielded by Surfer.

It's, generally depicted as being more powerful at energy projection and absorption but Surfer's absorbed a wider array of things - from other heralds (both in his board and via "merger" - and has the benefit of actually sensing and understanding the energies at a level that Mjolnir never seems to communicate to Thor.

Warlord
Thor shot anti matter out of his hammer once. Galactus can do that, Surfer can't.

Magic out of Surfer's reach... summoning beings maybe?

Surfer can absorb and redirect, but he can't do it on Thor's level considering it's his body doing it, not a hammer.

the whole portal thing also.
I mean can surfer travel with ease through different dimensions?

ShadowFyre
Im not sure.His power cosmic comes from the 616 Galactus. But Galactus doesent have any problems in the ultimate Universe. I suppose it would depend on the Universe. If he was in the Crimson Cosmos and Cytorrak didnt want there to be a power cosmic then I guess there wouldnt be. But I am just guessing.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Warlord
the whole portal thing also.
I mean can surfer travel with ease through different dimensions?

Yeah surfer can create portals to different dimensions....its how he got to mephistos

Warlord
Originally posted by Naija boy
Yeah surfer can create portals to different dimensions....its how he got to mephistos

right, I remember that one. It's just he doesn't use it that much.
Anyway surfer is the more vresatile definitely

pym-ftw
Thor is definitely as versatile, even with parts of his powerset locked away.

janus77
When has Thor demonstrated the power to evolve a planet (or even a plant, for that matter)?

When has Thor demonstrated the power to disperse his consciousness amongst animate and inanimate things?

Thor isn't anywhere close to being as versatile as Surfer.

pym-ftw
Do you really want to go into a d*ck measuring contests of one off feats?

zopzop
Originally posted by pym-ftw
In terms of versatility? Go for it.

Surfer's ability to move as he pleases through time SH|TS all over anything Thor could come up with. There's a reason why writers use this ability of his sparingly. This power alone ends the thread because of the sheer amount of uses it has.

carver9
When it comes to power...I'm giving this to Thor.

Versatility goes to Surfer.

The entire package goes to Sentry.

These 3 are the Heralds of Heralds. If a fight broke out, I would give Sentry the majority.

Warlord

Surfer's ability to move as he pleases through time SH|TS all over anything Thor could come up with. There's a reason why writers use this ability of his sparingly. This power alone ends the thread because of the sheer amount of uses it has.

IIRC initially Thor was able to travel through time via Mjolnir until this ability was removed from Immortus.

zopzop
Originally posted by Warlord
IIRC initially Thor was able to travel through time via Mjolnir until this ability was removed from Immortus.
Exactly. Surfer still has this power. Notice that Daddy Warbucks hasn't "re-gifted" Mjolnir with this ability in decades.

pym-ftw
Yep,

Thor also can cast spells nearly on the level of Loki

Pull souls out of beings

Create anti matter & absorb it among other even more obscure things.

carver9
Zop...

Who do you think is more powerful out of the 3?

Warlord
Exactly. Surfer still has this power. Notice that Daddy Warbucks hasn't "re-gifted" Mjolnir with this ability in decades.

yep. instant timetravel is a pain to handle as a writer if it's standard pert of your hero's powerset

zopzop
Yep,

Thor also can cast spells nearly on the level of Loki

Pull souls out of beings

Create anti matter & absorb it among other even more obscure things.
Thor pulled a soul from a fellow Asgarian, ONCE (correct me if I'm wrong here). Surfer has played with people's souls (binding them and all) on multiple occasions. Surfer wins.

Examples of "spells" Thor has cast?

Creating anti-matter is cool, Surfer can create black holes (even inside other beings).

@carver9
Most powerful overall? Surfer. Most powerful in terms of energy blasts/discharges? Thor. A non-Void Sentry isn't in Thor/Surfer's league.

pym-ftw
Surfer destroyed Air walker and its not even clear he created the Black hole

Binding /=/ completely removing. I said in my first post that.
Do you really want to go into a d*ck measuring contests of one off feats? And you said Originally posted by zopzop

TheGodKiller
If he was in the Crimson Cosmos and Cytorrak didnt want there to be a power cosmic then I guess there wouldnt be. But I am just guessing.
Tell that to Nova who broke Cyttorak's Crimson Bands spell with a supercharged PC blast...in the Crimson Cosmos itself.

zopzop
Surfer destroyed Air walker and its not even clear he created the Black hole
Thanos straight up said he did.

WTH does this even mean? Of course Binding isn't the same as removing (which Thor did ONCE whereas Surfer's manipulated souls multiple times). The point of the comparison was soul manipulation. Both have done it, Surfer's done it more. Surfer wins. Next.

Where are the examples of Thor "casting" a spell?

pym-ftw
Thanos said it was a black hole...yes, he never said Surfer created it. It could have been air walker dying that caused it.

They can both do it, Thor has controlled the elements more does that mean he wins all elements huh

Basic things like seeing midgard while in a different dimension, sensitive disturbances in the universe, hearing prayers to him, enchanting gear, sensing thoughts, mind erasing, reflecting tp back on the user, reforming his molecules that had formed into the ground. He actually has a lot of these kinda feats.

Naija boy
Surfer is a far superior matter manipulator than Thor. We have seen surfer evolve entire planets, bind people to planets, affected thousands of people simultaneously at a sub atomic level. Heck one of Surfers more ruthless clones, the cosmic Messiah, transformed everyone on earth into mere quantum wave
patterns. That just gives an idea of what surfer could do if unleashed

His control of his own molecular structure which can see him even disperse himself into snow, merge with the planet, merge with other beings mid battle, become intangible, shrinking to the microverse, shape shifting etc is beyond Thor.

He also has mental abilities that put Thors To shame. telepathy potent enough to make contact,with every being on the planet, creating telepathic shields, Dispersing his consciousness,erasing people's consciousness when mad, astral plane manipulation, creating holograms out of memories etc.

Also has superior time space powers, can create spatial rifts, warp space, localized time manipulation with the creation of cosmic limbo in which time is suspended, travelling forward, backwards and even sideways through time, Chronal energy manip etc.

That's without getting into physical or cosmic senses or awareness..where he also has Thor dead to rights. And all in probably half of the appearances Thor has. Surfer is definitely more versatile in terms of power set.

As said previously you would have to get another character with a completely open ended power set like Dr Strange to see something comparable

vince_slice
Thanos said it was a black hole...yes, he never said Surfer created it. It could have been air walker dying that caused it.

You actually see Surfer creating the black hole though. He created one inside Airwalker so that Ravenous couldn't get his dirty hands on Airwalker's corpse.

Plus Skreet states "Surfer tore a hungry hole! Tore one right good!"

And Thanos states "It's a singularity--blackhole--brought about by the Silver Surfer's energy discharge"

Are you really going to try to argue Surfer didn't create a black hole in that scene?

zopzop
Originally posted by vince_slice
You actually see Surfer creating the black hole though. He created one inside Airwalker so that Ravenous couldn't get his dirty hands on Airwalker's corpse.

And Thanos states "It's a singularity--blackhole--brought about by the Silver Surfer's energy discharge"

Are you really going to try to argue Surfer didn't create a black hole in that scene?
He knows. He don't care. It's clearly shown and stated on panel. It's such a beastly display of power, it has to be downplayed by Team Thor/Team Sentry.

Naija boy
Originally posted by vince_slice

Yeah It is clear what happened in that scene. Surfers energy discharge creates a Blackhole inside air walker. it's a huge feat of power quite frankly as the output levels required to create a black hole is enormous

Enzeru
A non-Void Sentry isn't in Thor/Surfer's league.

That's as wrong as it gets:

- A weakened Sentry stalemated World War Hulk (do you see Thor and Silver Surfer pulling that off? I don't).
- Sentry defeated Void in fights multiple times.
- Sentry has better feats than the Void.

Sentry (if he is not being written as a mental midget by Brian Michael Bendis) > Void > the others, who are not on that level.

In fact I asked Paul Jenkins the creator of the Sentry on what level Sentry was supposed to be - if he was supposed to be as powerful as Silver Surfer and Thor - Paul Jenkins said that the Sentry was supposed ridiculously more powerful and that he always intended to write a third story, where Sentry would finally accept his Godhood.

On topic:

1. Silver Surfer
2. Thor
3. Sentry

What makes the topic hard to judge is:

- The fact that Silver Surfer once straight up stated that Mjolnir seems to be more powerful in origin than he himself is, yet Silver Surfer still proved that he has a bigger variety of powers / versatility.

- Thor in theory really has a lot, but I don't think that we will ever see writers brining up the stuff from the 60's / 70's back, while something like happens for the Surfer.

- Sentry has displayed a lot of various powers, but not as consistently as the Silver Surfer and not with such a great control over it.
But Sentry has acomplished things Thor would need the Odinforce for... Sentry is immortal, he can resurrect dead people and stuff like that. He also has the raw power on his side, but in the end of the day he can't compete in the overall versatility department with the Silver Surfer, who simply has more showings.

pym-ftw
He knows. He don't care. It's clearly shown and stated on panel. It's such a beastly display of power, it has to be downplayed by Team Thor/Team Sentry. Little salty? I never said he couldn't, I just said he didn't in that scene.
BTW I'm not team Thor, its just most of the real team Thor have disappeared.Originally posted by vince_slice

Are you really going to try to argue Surfer didn't create a black hole in that scene? I truthfully have no problem with the idea that Surfer implanted a Black hole in him, all I'm saying is that its possible either.

A.) Air Walker's death released the PC and it created the singularity

Or

B.) Surfer used the remaining portion of the PC in order to accomplish the task.

zopzop
Little salty? I never said he couldn't, I just said he didn't in that scene.
BTW I'm not team Thor, its just most of the real team Thor have disappeared.
I'm not salty, just bored with this conversation. You can believe what you want but it doesn't change what was stated AND shown on panel.

pym-ftw
Do you really want to go into a d*ck measuring contests of one off feats? so the correct answer was no.

Raisen
what about thor without the aid of his weapon\mjolnir.

maybe we should give surfer an enchanted hammer and give him time to learn how it works.

since when is the aid of weapons fair when the other combatant doesn't have one?

still.....surfer wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Raisen
what about thor without the aid of his weapon\mjolnir.

maybe we should give surfer an enchanted hammer and give him time to learn how it works.

since when is the aid of weapons fair when the other combatant doesn't have one?

still.....surfer wins

no expression

Okay, lets take away Mjolnir, Surfer's Power Cosmic, and Sentry's serum and see who wins.

I'd take the God of Thunder over the astronomy nerd and junkie.

Raisen
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
no expression

Okay, lets take away Mjolnir, Surfer's Power Cosmic, and Sentry's serum and see who wins.

I'd take the God of Thunder over the astronomy nerd and junkie.

the power cosmic is within surfer.

mjolnir is a removable object

you know the difference rage. thor needs help and that's why his daddy gave him a toy to use.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor pulled a soul from a fellow Asgarian, ONCE (correct me if I'm wrong here). Surfer has played with people's souls (binding them and all) on multiple occasions. Surfer wins.

Why do you say fellow Asgardian like it's a bad thing? Immortals have powerful spirits generally, especially one such as Loki. erm

Not the only example of soul manipulation.

Thor has even used lightning to infuse the demon Darkoth with the essence of light, overpowering the corrupted touch Mephisto placed on his soul after defeating the beams emanating from Darkoth's fire horns.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsDarkoth6.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsDarkoth7.jpg

Disperses numerous souls stolen by Malekith back to their bodies.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ControlsSouls.jpg

Summons the spirit of Captain America from the dead. At that time at least.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BringsBackCaptainAmerica1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BringsBackCaptainAmerica2.jpg

Uses Mjolnir to draw out and eradicate Loki's Godly Life Force utilizing a process that causes the very fabric of infinity shudder.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsLoki73.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsLoki74.jpg

Examples of "spells" Thor has cast?

That depends on what you mean. We've seen him cast a spell of memory loss:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ErasesMemory.jpg

And if we count Mjolnir, there's a bunch of stuff like this:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/ReversesEnchantment1.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/ReversesEnchantment2.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/ReversesEnchantment3.jpg

Basically him canceling enchantments and stuff. Then there's miscellaneous things he has done such as when he imbued his armor with mystical runes of protection (His armor is pretty damn durable):
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesEnchantedMetal5.jpg

Enchants and creates a link between Mjolnir and the toy of Eric Masterson's son.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesLinkWithToy1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesLinkWithToy2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesLinkWithToy3.jpg

Fun fact: Thor had the ability to travel through time at will but it was lost. Most of it anyways, it still had some temporal energy left.

Although since the repairs and rebirth, the hammer should have had the ability restored.

Rage.Of.Olympus
the power cosmic is within surfer.

mjolnir is a removable object

you know the difference rage. thor needs help and that's why his daddy gave him a toy to use.

The Power Cosmic is an external force that was imbued in him by Galactus, an entity he randomly encountered who he has absolutely no past connection with. And he is directly depended on absorbing the ambient cosmic energy of the Universe. Cut off from it, he can be rendered powerless.

I get what you were trying to say, but that doesn't make it any less stupid. If you want to argue about independence and reliance, simply put, Surfer is far depended on "gifts" of power then Thor.

You want to mock Thor for having a weapon but Surfer rides around on a board with stolen energy? erm Smh.

Surfer needs a lot more "help" then Thor. And you might mock his use of Mjolnir, but he worked a lot harder, for a lot longer, to gain the ability to use his weapon.

vince_slice
Little salty? I never said he couldn't, I just said he didn't in that scene.
BTW I'm not team Thor, its just most of the real team Thor have disappeared. I truthfully have no problem with the idea that Surfer implanted a Black hole in him, all I'm saying is that its possible either.

A.) Air Walker's death released the PC and it created the singularity

Or

B.) Surfer used the remaining portion of the PC in order to accomplish the task.

A) When has the death of a herald ever created a singularity? We've seen Red Shift, Morg, and Fallen One (all heralds of Galactus) die in Annihilation, yet none of them "released their PC to create a singularity." So why would you assume this of Air-Walker's death?

More importantly, where was it stated or shown that Air-Walker's death released any energy or PC? Where was it stated or shown that it was Air-Walker's energy that created the black hole? There are two on-panel statements that state Surfer was the one who created the singularity.
http://s22.postimg.org/9ud1sddtp/Annihilation_Silver_Surfer1_019.jpg

B) Used the remaining portion of who's PC? Air-Walker's? None of this is supported by any shred of evidence. The black hole was created solely by Surfer's energy discharge, and only Surfer's.

Raisen
The Power Cosmic is an external force that was imbued in him by Galactus, an entity he randomly encountered who he has absolutely no past connection with. And he is directly depended on absorbing the ambient cosmic energy of the Universe. Cut off from it, he can be rendered powerless.

I get what you were trying to say, but that doesn't make it any less stupid. If you want to argue about independence and reliance, simply put, Surfer is far depended on "gifts" of power then Thor.

You want to mock Thor for having a weapon but Surfer rides around on a board with stolen energy? erm Smh.

Surfer needs a lot more "help" then Thor. And you might mock his use of Mjolnir, but he worked a lot harder, for a lot longer, to gain the ability to use his weapon.

lil salty bro?

Rage.Of.Olympus
lil salty bro?
dd is too fast.

plus he gets cred for fighting barehanded against a guy with a weapon Originally posted by Raisen
it's part of his skeletal structure.
mjolnir was created. it can be utilized by other beings.

it's the same as me being barehanded and fighting a guy with gun.

some people just need to take the pu$$y way I guess. they just don't have the heart or the skill to stand on their own. Originally posted by Raisen
IDK. his daddy may be able to save him, but i'm pretty sure the old man is sick of Thor's intergalactic homoerotica experiments
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587834&pagenumber=2

laughing out loud Your butthurt is spreading to other, completely unrelated threads but I'm the one who's upset? Smh, the irony.

ShadowFyre
Lol alright guys. Im just glad one of my threads made it past a page and everyone actually put some useful input into it. A few questions then. Not sure how to tag people or if you even can.

For Janus: You said Surfer created a being on par with his own power level. How doese he do that if he is working with a percentage of Galactus power? Does he have a continuous feed of said percentage or how doesnit work?

Enzeru:I see Sentry and Void as the same damn being just like bipolar or something akin to it. And im starting to think his powers are almost more magical in nature than anything else. Because super serum just doesent make that much sense and matter manip wouldnt necessarily explain some of the things he does. Would you agree with this?

Everyone. Lets replace Thor with Dr. Strange or Loki or Doom since they actually cast spells more so than Thor does.

ShadowFyre

And please. I would like to keep this thread penis free if at all possible.

Raisen
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587834&pagenumber=2

laughing out loud Your butthurt is spreading to other, completely unrelated threads but I'm the one who's upset? Smh, the irony.

I haven't trolled thor in a long time.

it feels good. it feels real good.

janus77
Lol alright guys. Im just glad one of my threads made it past a page and everyone actually put some useful input into it. A few questions then. Not sure how to tag people or if you even can.

For Janus: You said Surfer created a being on par with his own power level. How doese he do that if he is working with a percentage of Galactus power? Does he have a continuous feed of said percentage or how doesnit work?

Enzeru:I see Sentry and Void as the same damn being just like bipolar or something akin to it. And im starting to think his powers are almost more magical in nature than anything else. Because super serum just doesent make that much sense and matter manip wouldnt necessarily explain some of the things he does. Would you agree with this?

Everyone. Lets replace Thor with Dr. Strange or Loki or Doom since they actually cast spells more so than Thor does.
Thor, Sentry ... Surfer, I think it was inevitable that there would be interest (and contentious argument).

Re. The Surfer duplication thing. The Surfer has been stated to have innate PC, but in an alt universe story. In general he stores some reserve of PC, which functions - going by general depiction - like the energy we store in our own bodies. When he does heavy lifting it's generally using that reserve but he always has access to the Power Cosmic (and any other energy for that matter) within the environment.

Only on Sakaar, has he been cut off from the flow of Power Cosmic (which is, iirc, an omniversal fundamental energy in Marvel) and forced exclusively to use his internal reserves.

He created a duplicate of himself, who had access to the same Power Cosmic that he has. This was as part of his stratagem to defeat Mrrungu Mu.

I'm a little hazy about it, but I think he's also created a duplicate on another occasion.

pym-ftw
And please. I would like to keep this thread penis free if at all possible.
Right? Little late to the party then.

ShadowFyre
Right? Little late to the party then.

And its my party. What a crappy host I am. Thanks Janus. Who has Galactus given the highest percentage of power to? (Going off topic in my own damn thread. Shame) I remeber he gave The Destroyer like .0000001 percent or something one time.

janus77
And its my party. What a crappy host I am. Thanks Janus. Who has Galactus given the highest percentage of power to? (Going off topic in my own damn thread. Shame) I remeber he gave The Destroyer like .0000001 percent or something one time.
I don't think I've ever read anything that states a specific quantity or percentage of The Power Cosmic, for any herald. It's just described as a "fraction".

Surfer seems to have the best skill, the widest - most open-ended - powers and generally the most powerful application of Power Cosmic, amongst the heralds. So I'd imagine him having the most "%" of it, even though The Power Cosmic is everywhere in the omniverse and exists separate of and independent of Galactus.

Surfer's definitely the herald most favoured and respected by Galactus. And he's the only herald that has achieved a feat that Galactus himself would have struggled with (in his opinion). That being the channelling of The Crunch energies.

"Id"
Sentry's versitilty is impressive, considering his energy projection, matter manipulation, physical attributes are all due to his psionics.

ShadowFyre
Is it psionics? Do the writers even know what his powerset is? One comic talks about a super serum and then another one basically says he is jesus.

"Id"
Yes psionics ala Plutonian.

Ambient
Originally posted by janus77
He created a duplicate of himself, who had access to the same Power Cosmic that he has. This was as part of his stratagem to defeat Mrrungu Mu.

I'm a little hazy about it, but I think he's also created a duplicate on another occasion.

He created about a total of 2 duplicates without aid; Surfer Earl Weygand, Puppet clay Surfer.

3 with PC being synthesis/ help; Frankenstein Surfer, The Messiah, Female Surfer

2 with empowering them with PC but not turning them to silver with board smile ; Shallabal, Mary Jane

Gotta say The Messiah was the most powerful of them; able to deduce anyone to to soul and absorb them, this includes herald/ high meta level characters; Surfer and Thing to be precise and he still around wondering in space to and looking similar to Fallen one.

ShadowFyre
Hmmm. Maybe after these next couple uncanny avengers issues. They will bring him back and do a better job with him. I dont like characters that just randomly change like that. Im kinda really disliking Hulk after he "punched" through time. I understand these are comics but some things are just to much.

Ambient
We can only hope.

abhilegend
Surfer is easily the most versatile here.

Raisen
Originally posted by abhilegend
Surfer is easily the most versatile here.

damn. you're right

should he beat Superman CIS off for a majority tho?

ShadowFyre
Ok. So I dont know as much about DC characters. Who in DC has a powerset thats comparable to these 3? Orion? Captain Atom? (I think thats his name). Captain Marvel. (Does anyone ever get past the rank of Captain in comics? Thats not even a high rank).

Ambient
There's a few actually; High end GL (Hal,Kyle,etc), Firestorm, Captain atom, Eradicator.. There's more just can't think this am. Lol

Warlord
in MU also there are others. Sersi for one thing can challenge in versatility

ShadowFyre
Duh. GL not sure why Indidnt think of him But they are still limited to one powerset. Constructs.

Ambient
No! GL can do more than construct, way, way more than construct. Some even done border reality warp.

Warlord
GLs offer more than constructs. at least the experienced ones

ShadowFyre
Im not talking about ion or starheart. What can regular ol hal do with his ring? Like I said I havent read much DC and yeah I could go to the respect thread and I probably should. But im lazy. Plain and simple.

Ambient
A lot. Matter and energy conversion and time manipulation comes to mind.

abhilegend
damn. you're right

No. Superman punches versatility in its face.Originally posted by Ambient
There's a few actually; High end GL (Hal,Kyle,etc), Firestorm, Captain atom, Eradicator.. There's more just can't think this am. Lol
Energy Superman.

Ambient
Energy Superman.
Yeah! Use him twice in a tourney. My fav. Was his ability to steal kinetic energy for slowmo effect.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Ambient
Yeah! Use him twice in a tourney. My fav. Was his ability to steal kinetic energy for slowmo effect.
Yup, he was an absolute beast for only around two years.

carver9
damn. you're right

You asked the wrong person and yes, Surfer CIS off would beat any Herald except Thor imo.

Odekahn
Im not talking about ion or starheart. What can regular ol hal do with his ring? Like I said I havent read much DC and yeah I could go to the respect thread and I probably should. But im lazy. Plain and simple.

The rings can duplicate themselves, rings have the power to heal, open pocket dimensions, are advanced computers with its own AI, can split atoms, transmute molecules, etc.

quanchi112
No. Superman punches versatility in its face.
Energy Superman. No, he doesn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.