CNN: Your Behavior Will Be Controlled by a Brain Chip

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dolos

COG Veteran
ohhh

Lord Lucien
The layout of that website looks fabulous.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The layout of that website looks fabulous.

It's one of the best website layouts from 1997 that I have ever seen.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by dadudemon
It's one of the best website layouts from 1997 that I have ever seen.

Wow! that really is a good website.

Did anyone read it? evil face

Dolos
Just admit that the only reason you're spamming this thread, is because a brain-operative has been changing and building up your animal side, the irrational unconscious that represents your true selves, for months, or maybe even years, by now. Making you hostile toward me. The most free-thinking, and; by consequence, the greatest, threat to Societal Hierarchy.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Dolos
Just admit that the only reason you're spamming this thread, is because a brain-operative has been controlling your animal side, your irrational unconscious for months, or maybe even years, by now. Making you hostile to me, the enemy of Government.

No! Maybe, just maybe the ideas you are trying to convey are WAY out there.

You might get a better reception from the Conspiracy Forum.

Dolos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No! Maybe, just maybe the ideas you are trying to convey are WAY out there.

You might get a better reception from the Conspiracy Forum. They do require you to call in to question the metaphorical blindfold of your well-adjusted social surroundings.

Shakyamunison
They do require you to call in to question the metaphorical blindfold of your well-adjusted social surroundings.

Who are they?

Dolos
Who are they? My ideas.

Shakyamunison
My ideas.

Ummm. What I meant was: Are you talking about the government requiring, or the website requiring?

Lord Lucien
Just admit that the only reason you're spamming this thread, is because a brain-operative has been changing and building up your animal side, the irrational unconscious that represents your true selves, for months, or maybe even years, by now. Making you hostile toward me. The most free-thinking, and; by consequence, the greatest, threat to Societal Hierarchy. lRaUmobJe9w

Mindship
People are already being controlled by potato chips. "Betcha can't eat just one!"

janus77
Not to worry, in 25 years time most people will be uploading their consciousness to facebook so that they don't have to spend vital-status-update-seconds trying to get Siri to recognise their txt spk.

As things are heading towards an increasingly convenient and consumer friendly, homogeneous society, we may not have need for brains in 25 years time.

Dolos
Ummm. What I meant was: Are you talking about the government requiring, or the website requiring? I'm talking about my ideas on government, technology, and human enhancement.

BackFire
I hope so. I will hack the chips so that every woman will want desperately to have sex with me. More so than they already do, of course.

COG Veteran
Originally posted by BackFire
I hope so. I will hack the chips so that every woman will want desperately to have sex with me. More so than they already do, of course.

EVERY woman? That might not be too pleasant. I mean, not every woman's a supermodel bro, lol.

Shakyamunison

Dolos

Astner
So with this chip I won't have to deal with depression, frustration or stress? Sounds great, I don't get why you're so upset.

Dolos
Originally posted by Astner
So with this chip I won't have to deal with depression, frustration or stress?

I don't know about that, the idea of the OP is that whether you'd want to stay young instead grow old.

I'm not upset, I feel confident in my ability to succeed alone if I have to. But I still try to band together, with threads, try to help people understand the only thing stopping them from getting what they want is being content with what they have. I just feel like I'm the only one who knows what's up.

The problem isn't government as much as it is apathy. If we stay docile and content with our lives than life-extension, new technologies, new medicines, and better living standards will not only remain out of our reach, but more and more will gradually be taken from the majority - as the top percent, the upper portion of societal hierarchy, the top of the social pyramid, will naturally try to take, to subjugate its docile and content underlings.

That is the human condition, that is the way of man, so why should I obey the laws of man?

Nature is even more apathetic, as it does not give everyone the tools they need to survive, only the vast minority. 1%, that is what all current life on earth represents, nature has mercilessly slaughtered everything else that it has given birth to.

A mind must rely on itself, because that's all it has: The law of the self.

Shakyamunison
There is no "law of the self".

Lord Lucien
That's almost as made-up as that Nostradamus nut's "law of anagrams".

Dolos
There is no "law of the self". The way I'd define it is as a belief system in which the "self" calibrates its own reality by making choices independent from that of an omnipotent deity or of a cosmic design.

Shakyamunison
Law of stupid symbols...

Shakyamunison
The way I'd define it is as a belief system in which the "self" calibrates its own reality by making choices independent from that of an omnipotent deity or of a cosmic design.

You can't make this stuff up. wink

Dolos
You just can't even consider that I'm right about these brain chips already being put to use without consent? Or that larger, older models haven't already been used on abducted subjects over 40 years ago during the MK Ultra experiments?

I believe that surgeons did use nanites to replace the functions of compromised neurons, effectively eliminating the symptoms of alzheimer's disease in 2011. If such nanites could communicate actions from one brain, to an intermediary computer that can interpret and recalibrate said action accordingly, to the nanites in another - and if this is a one-way channel, that's called being mind-****ed by technology.

Shakyamunison
You just can't even consider that I'm right about these brain chips already being put to use without consent? ...

no expression

Lestov16
I do have Erik Estrada on the mind on a lot. Does that count?

Dolos
Originally posted by Lestov16
I do have Erik Estrada on the mind on a lot. Does that count? I know you're joking but I will answer seriously;

Yes, if they don't want your genes to procreate, they'd want you to pursue relations with other men.

jinXed by JaNx
That was an interesting article. Although i'm curious to hear more about how exactly this proposed technology is supposed to work. I'm sure there is research being done out there that has discovered a lot about how the human brain works but from what I understand the workings of the human brain is still highly theoretical. I wonder what would cause the behavior modification. Would it be electro pulses emitted from the chip to change a persons brain chemistry? I really don't see this technology happening in the next twenty five years, maybe in fifty or a hundred. I don't doubt that we can find the technology to do what this article speaks about but I think the important question is, should we? Considering that we can be so easily influenced into doing or buying things we don't want or need I struggle to find a reason as to why we would need this technology.

I suppose it's easy to find practical reasons for this technology. It would be a simple cure for what we consider to be mental illnesses and i'm sure it would open the doors to curing alzthiemers and other severe mental conditions as well as even maybe enhancing intelligence. However, I doubt very much that this type of technology would be used with a moral mind. I also wonder if it would take away from life. Something as simple and debilitating as depression is something i'm sure everyone here can relate to but I believe that is something we're supposed to experience as humans. So I wonder, at what point does technology start to hinder the human experience.

Dolos
Only a rotten piece of pig sh!t would impose this technology to control others while said individual is free to think for his or her own self.

Why? Because this isn't behavioral modification, its behavioral control. The only way to modify behavior is to interact with the environment for oneself.

We don't need to know a lot about something to change it either. We change the structure of our brains merely by talking, or playing Chess.

Dolos
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
That was an interesting article. Although i'm curious to hear more about how exactly this proposed technology is supposed to work. I'm sure there is research being done out there that has discovered a lot about how the human brain works but from what I understand the workings of the human brain is still highly theoretical.

One does not need to know a lot about something to mess with it. You alter your brain structure merely by learning to do something.

Structures in the brain respond to such impulses by secreting of neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters like cortisol are responsible for irritability and stress, if enough stress is caused when you're around a person, you associate that person with the feeling of being stressed out. This is how you can be turned against someone, classical conditioning.

More complex than that, is that memristors may be sophisticated enough interpret the experience of an episodic memory within one person, and translate that memory into a series of pictures and sounds into another person. If this other person is awake, the electric impulses generated by their natural environmental senses will mix with these other electric impulses of these synthesized senses; but if there asleep these experiences come as hypnotic suggestion. It's all very complex, a personality is an ever-changing thing, a work in progress that has no constant state.

Which is why your a prime subject for brain control. Ideal, unwilling to even accept that your most private information is being scrutinized, even if someone tells you it is you'll laugh at the notion.

Shakyamunison
Clap! clap!
Brain chip on!
Clap! clap!
Brian chip off!

Lord Lucien
Clap! clap!
Brain chip on!
Clap! clap!
Brian chip off! If the chip spoke aloud its status I'd want the voice of Stephen Fry to tell me my brain chip is on.

Jessica Tandy
We should have a white republican president again in a few years and people who believe this shit can finally stop craping their pants and professing the government is evil.

Shakyamunison
Government does evil regardless of what party is in power.

Jessica Tandy
Government does evil regardless of what party is in power.

Within a week of getting a white republican president Doomsday Preppers will be canceled.

Jessica Tandy
I'm not saying people will stop burying school buses in their back yards, but its a cop out to say brain chips and drone strikes represent even a vaguely logical equivalent.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Jessica Tandy
Within a week of getting a white republican president Doomsday Preppers will be canceled.

How tragic...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.