Batman vs. Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
I didn't find any similar threads in search
If each character gets one week preparation...

Who would win ina fight, no holding back

iscaremonkeys
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL tony whips his ass

Batman-Prime
Batman wins.

iscaremonkeys
in what universe does he win?? how the heck can batman doge missiles being shot at him

Inhuman
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL tony whips his ass

OP clearly states in a fight , not bedroom shenanigans

ares834
Batman.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
in what universe does he win?? how the heck can batman doge missiles being shot at him

One week of Prep. Read the op before you post your BS. Thank you smile.

carver9
Ironman wins.

juggernaut74
Batman all f*cking day.

Stoic
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
One week of Prep. Read the op before you post your BS. Thank you smile.

Uhmmmm, they both get one week to prep. How does Batman win this? Is he going to somehow come up with better tech than Tony in one week, while ignoring that it's taken Tony years... No, excuse me, decades to invent his current tech? If they were to both rely solely on their tech and know how, Tony beats Bruce by a country mile.

maxivitopowe
He rofl rape donut

BruceSkywalker
Batman wins

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Stoic
Uhmmmm, they both get one week to prep. How does Batman win this? Is he going to somehow come up with better tech than Tony in one week, while ignoring that it's taken Tony years... No, excuse me, decades to invent his current tech? If they were to both rely solely on their tech and know how, Tony beats Bruce by a country mile.

He doesn't need a better suit, just a better way to defeat Tony and this is where Batman is above Stark. It's not about making qute technical devices, it's about beating someones ass with all means possible, as fair and unfair as possible.

heru
Batman is good, but Iron man is better at it what he does. So my money is Ironman.

Stoic
He doesn't need a better suit, just a better way to defeat Tony and this is where Batman is above Stark. It's not about making qute technical devices, it's about beating someones ass with all means possible, as fair and unfair as possible.

your argument is awfully one sided. you almost make it seem as if tony would just sit there drinking a pint of his favorite, while Bruce toils night and day to come up with ways to hack and bring Stark to his knees. Tony is a very good prep artist, and where Bruce may excel a bit, it would not make up for the fact that Tony is superior in every way while in armor, and he's smarter to boot. You're going to have to come up with something better than what you've come up with.

Tony Stark
Batman wins.

no expression

Batman-Prime
your argument is awfully one sided. you almost make it seem as if tony would just sit there drinking a pint of his favorite, while Bruce toils night and day to come up with ways to hack and bring Stark to his knees. Tony is a very good prep artist, and where Bruce may excel a bit, it would not make up for the fact that Tony is superior in every way while in armor, and he's smarter to boot. You're going to have to come up with something better than what you've come up with.

You didn't come with anything, why should I. But let's look at both chars. Tony preps against people and loses. He is good at making tech and nice at prepping but he relys to much on his armor. Batman on the other hand is prepped against anyone in the JLA, he made Brother Eye, prepping against others, even if it's dirty and unfair, is his thing.This is not an "who makes the better or prettier armor" contest, it's an "who will eat dirt in the end" kind of contest and Tony is already used to eat dirt, he will do so again.

Firefly218
You didn't come with anything, why should I. But let's look at both chars. Tony preps against people and loses. He is good at making tech and nice at prepping but he relys to much on his armor. Batman on the other hand is prepped against anyone in the JLA, he made Brother Eye, prepping against others, even if it's dirty and unfair, is his thing.This is not an "who makes the better or prettier armor" contest, it's an "who will eat dirt in the end" kind of contest and Tony is already used to eat dirt, he will do so again.

Yes Batman is known for his tactical preparation, however, Tony stark has more fire power and isn't a slouch in preparation himself. Then again, Bruce has his own unique tech

Odekahn
Batman would wipe the floor with Tony.

pym-ftw
Tony sends a suit out while he preps for a real challenge.

Spite

Stoic

you're trying to change the flavor of the battle but have not yet said what exactly Bruce would bring to the table in order to defeat Tony? Is he going to hack Tony? I doubt it, I can see Tony hacking Bruce due to having superior tech, and placing Bruce under a personal panopticon which would allow for him to be tracked, and viewed from all over the city. Bruce wouldn't be able to go anywhere to escape an onslaught of Stark armored drones forcing him into a pocket.

Toe to toe, Ironman kicks Batman's ass, Tony is smarter than Bruce. Tony's armor can take a hit from Fin Fang Foom. Should I believe that Batman can defeat him up close? Tell me how Bruce compromises Tony's servers, and other tech before Tony does this to him. Tony wins this without a doubt, and in more areas than this prep argument that you seem to believe is the ace in the hole for him. Tony isn't some dumb ass like you seem to nearly be alluding to, and if you've read Ironman you would know that he is an excellent prep artist.

Not sure if you recall the beating that he put on Captain America, but his victory is a calculated certainty here.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Tony sends a suit out while he preps for a real challenge.

Spite

Whatever pills you take, keep on going dur

pym-ftw
You seem like you could use some pills to help you find the truth...

Firefly218
you're trying to change the flavor of the battle but have not yet said what exactly Bruce would bring to the table in order to defeat Tony? Is he going to hack Tony? I doubt it, I can see Tony hacking Bruce due to having superior tech, and placing Bruce under a personal panopticon which would allow for him to be tracked, and viewed from all over the city. Bruce wouldn't be able to go anywhere to escape an onslaught of Stark armored drones forcing him into a pocket.

Toe to toe, Ironman kicks Batman's ass, Tony is smarter than Bruce. Tony's armor can take a hit from Fin Fang Foom. Should I believe that Batman can defeat him up close? Tell me how Bruce compromises Tony's servers, and other tech before Tony does this to him. Tony wins this without a doubt, and in more areas than this prep argument that you seem to believe is the ace in the hole for him. Tony isn't some dumb ass like you seem to nearly be alluding to, and if you've read Ironman you would know that he is an excellent prep artist.

Not sure if you recall the beating that he put on Captain America, but his victory is a calculated certainty here.

Batman may not be able to develop Better tech then Tony but that's not his strength anyways. Batman is perhaps the smartest character in the DC universe in terms of strategy and finding the opponents weaknesses, who's to say he can't do the same to tony.

janus77
IM wins, smarter, far superior tech and far more durable too.

ODG
Originally posted by janus77
IM wins, smarter, far superior tech and far more durable too. thumb up

-Pr-
With prep? Split.

Without? Iron Man, obviously.

sacred108
Iron man wins

janus77
Originally posted by -Pr-
With prep? Split.

IM splits BatMan in two?

How is prep going to help Batman against IM?

Batman-Prime

Because his possibilities are sheer endless. Hack is a possibility, as much as you want to doubt it. He has the resources and connections. Fry his circuits, Robots, distractions and heavy weapons are all good means to bring IM down.
Tony is not smarter, he might be the better engineer but Batman is by far the better tactician and smarter on top of that. He doesn't have to fight him h2h. That would be stupid. Tony needs his armor, so why fight an armored coward with h2h alone? A fair fight wouldn't go well for Tony, because he is inferior to Bruce, so it's all about exploit the weakness of the other and find a way to shut him down. Which is easier with an techbased armor then with someone like Batman. A new kind of EMP which could shut Tonys armor, not the usual crap, is in a possibility for someone like bruce. His best card however is his experience. He prepped to take the whole JL down, and he has for everyone a plan, also for Cyborg. I am not Batman but if he has a failsafe for people like Superman, Cyborg, Firestorm etc. Tony shouldn't be a problem.

Captain America, while an superior h2h fighter is completly differen't from Batman, he relies to much on his fighting skills and not hus tech, brains and experience.

Sure, in an open unprepped fight, a coward in an midherald armor will win against an peak Human. But with prep time, the speciality of Batman, I don't see Tony winning.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by janus77
IM splits BatMan in two?

How is prep going to help Batman against IM? Have you read a Batman comic?

janus77
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Have you read a Batman comic?
No, I've just watched the pictures.

Yes, ofcourse and no, he's not better at prep than Stark.

If anything he's a good deal less impressive. Stark, as much as I don't really like him, has managed to split apart the Phoenix Force, to cause it pain. He's also made a duplicate (though inferior) of Thor, he's harnessed Asgardian tech and is now some kind of quasi-cyborg destined to "uplift" the tech of all humanity.

If it were a question of figuring out who's been sleeping in Robin's bed, I'd gladly concede that Batman's detective skills would give him the advantage.

Silent Master
The argument from the bat-side seems to be that Bruce wins because he's Batman, I mean just about every tactic people have listed for him, Tony can also do, plus he starts out much higher on the power/durability scale.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Silent Master
The argument from the bat-side seems to be that Bruce wins because he's Batman, I mean just about every tactic people have listed for him, Tony can also do, plus he starts out much higher on the power/durability scale.

No the argument is, he has more experience and is the better tactician/leader.

IHateCoughing
Because his possibilities are sheer endless. Hack is a possibility, as much as you want to doubt it. He has the resources and connections. Fry his circuits, Robots, distractions and heavy weapons are all good means to bring IM down.
Tony is not smarter, he might be the better engineer but Batman is by far the better tactician and smarter on top of that. He doesn't have to fight him h2h. That would be stupid. Tony needs his armor, so why fight an armored coward with h2h alone? A fair fight wouldn't go well for Tony, because he is inferior to Bruce, so it's all about exploit the weakness of the other and find a way to shut him down. Which is easier with an techbased armor then with someone like Batman. A new kind of EMP which could shut Tonys armor, not the usual crap, is in a possibility for someone like bruce. His best card however is his experience. He prepped to take the whole JL down, and he has for everyone a plan, also for Cyborg. I am not Batman but if he has a failsafe for people like Superman, Cyborg, Firestorm etc. Tony shouldn't be a problem.

Captain America, while an superior h2h fighter is completly differen't from Batman, he relies to much on his fighting skills and not hus tech, brains and experience.

Sure, in an open unprepped fight, a coward in an midherald armor will win against an peak Human. But with prep time, the speciality of Batman, I don't see Tony winning.

Terrible arguments all around. Can't expect much from a fanatic, however. :/

Silent Master
No the argument is, he has more experience and is the better tactician/leader.

How does being a better leader help in a one-on-one fight?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by IHateCoughing
Terrible arguments all around. Can't expect much from a fanatic, however. :/

At least man up and use your real account wink.

Odekahn
Batman isn't too proud to use tech that isn't his. He will do whatever needs to be done to get the job done. Tonys biggest weakness here is his ego imo.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Odekahn
Batman isn't too proud to use tech that isn't his. He will do whatever needs to be done to get the job done. Tonys biggest weakness here is his ego imo.

Like how Tony refused to use that Asgadian power source when building his Thor-buster armor?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
With prep? Split.

Even Iron Man Mark Zero > Supermanbuster suit stick out tongue

IHateCoughing
At least man up and use your real account wink.

Uh, this is my real account. Nice try, though.laughing

IHateCoughing
inb4 Insider Suit...

Odekahn
Like how Tony refused to use that Asgadian power source when building his Thor-buster armor?

If he were fighting someone like Thor (a god) that would make sense. Has he ever done such before fighting someone like Doom, Pym, or Black Panther?

Silent Master
He's done the same against Ultron, who was created by Pym.

IHateCoughing
Oh, and Iron-Man obliterates.

JayDaDon
...REALLY appreciating the Stark love going on here. I was super hesitant to check out this thread as I was expecting a massive Bruce wankfest.

janus77
Originally posted by JayDaDon
...REALLY appreciating the Stark love going on here. I was super hesitant to check out this thread as I was expecting a massive Bruce wankfest.
Stark's a cvnt, but he's our cvnt yes

J/k, before anyone gets upset. I don't like Stark/IM but come on, he's got Batman beat on all fronts here.

Silent Master
I actually thought the claim that Batman would hack the armor mid fight to be rather amusing.

Firefly218
Stark has bruce beat in his ability to manufacture and operate superior technology, this however is not domination on all fronts. Bruce is a tactical master mind, strategist, and has loads of experience fighting as the underdog, not to mention he has tech of his own. I'm no Batman fan, bit out will be a pretty even fight if bruce can exploit iron mans weaknesses

janus77
What weaknesses can Batman exploit exactly?

He's not Doom, he can't bridge the gulf in tech, intellect, experience, durability and power with just "prep". And it's not even one-sided prep.

Tactics get you marginal advantage, but the gulf is too huge for that.

Strategy counts if you're launching some elaborate war, but this is a one-on-one fight and Batman's strategy will have to take into account that IM could destroy him and the environment at any time.

Stoic
Originally posted by Firefly218
Stark has bruce beat in his ability to manufacture and operate superior technology, this however is not domination on all fronts. Bruce is a tactical master mind, strategist, and has loads of experience fighting as the underdog, not to mention he has tech of his own. I'm no Batman fan, bit out will be a pretty even fight if bruce can exploit iron mans weaknesses

So basically Bruce is skating uphill? If Ironman has weaknesses to exploit like all characters do, how many more does Bruce have? I really wish people would measure both opponents before chiming in, because Stark would kick Bruce's ass with only one week of prep. I could see it favoring Bruce if he had a year or two to prep, but that is still a maybe, because Stark would also have a year.

Naija boy
I love how there is no substantive reasoning being given for how batman wins or bridges the technological gap between them other than "prep" which no one can explain. Lol

Silver_Lantern
if batman can hark apokoliptian tech why cant he hark jarvis

Odekahn
Or Batman could just add an emp component to his Batarangs.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Silver_Lantern
if batman can hark apokoliptian tech why cant he hark jarvis Cause Stark has/can make it so that noone can access his suit from a remote source as we have seen in the godkiller arc meaning batman would have to plug into the suit with a cable good luck with that to hack it

BruceSkywalker
lolol and more lol.. Batman wins , too easy too, they might for wine and women prior to fighting, only Bruce has already spiked Tony's booze thus Tony becomes a drunk once more.. sad

DarkOdin
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
lolol and more lol.. Batman wins , too easy too, they might for wine and women prior to fighting, only Bruce has already spiked Tony's booze thus Tony becomes a drunk once more.. sad Tony is a master at fighting while drunk. Heck it might even increase his damage soak

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/bgLzbHA.jpg

LeonBuco666
Tony will punk Bruce under these circumstances.

Firefly218
Tony's suit was hacked by Ultron many many times, destroyed pretty easily by the Mjolnir (which is made up of a densely packed cluster of neutrons), destroyed by black panthers vibranium weapons, obliterated by Thor's lightning strike, destroyed by Wonderman - not to mention the suit doesnt do too well against brute force and magic/reality warping. I'm sure Bruce could find many ways to defeat Tony's suit. I'm not saying that batman wins, because I believe Iron Man has too much firepower, but I think it should be a good fight, taking Batman's intelligence in exploitation into consideration.

Branlor Swift
Batman wins suitless against the most powerful Iron Man armor ever.

Spite thread.

Firefly218
Tony's suit was hacked by Ultron many many times, destroyed pretty easily by the Mjolnir (which is made up of a densely packed cluster of neutrons), destroyed by black panthers vibranium weapons, obliterated by Thor's lightning strike, destroyed by Wonderman - not to mention the suit doesnt do too well against brute force and magic/reality warping. I'm sure Bruce could find many ways to defeat Tony's suit. I'm not saying that batman wins, because I believe Iron Man has too much firepower, but I think it should be a good fight, taking Batman's intelligence in exploitation into consideration.

Im trying to say that this fight wont be a stomp

Juk3n
After 4 pages and decades of showings, what this boils down to is 'Batman finds a way'.

Id say ironman wins, because Batman has to come up with a defense and an offense in the same week, tony just needs to focus on covering his back, because he'll do a little research and find out Batman is an expert at exploitation of weaknesses and he always finds a way.

He nukes from orbit.

Odekahn

I would agree with this for the most part. In a random encounter I would give it to Tony. But with prep, still gotta go Bats.

One thing though, just because Ultron was able to hack IM doesn't mean Bruce will be able to. There's a very large gap there.

IHateCoughing
Originally posted by Juk3n
After 4 pages and decades of showings, what this boils down to is 'Batman finds a way'.

Id say ironman wins, because Batman has to come up with a defense and an offense in the same week, tony just needs to focus on covering his back, because he'll do a little research and find out Batman is an expert at exploitation of weaknesses and he always finds a way.

He nukes from orbit.

I agree. I mean, EVEN if Bruce had sufficient and adequate prep... How's he gonna effectively employ it against a guy who can just take to the skies and blast him to kingdom come?

Firefly218
I agree. I mean, EVEN if Bruce had sufficient and adequate prep... How's he gonna effectively employ it against a guy who can just take to the skies and blast him to kingdom come?

Possibly by bringing his own flying device

IHateCoughing
I would agree with this for the most part. In a random encounter I would give it to Tony. But with prep, still gotta go Bats.

One thing though, just because Ultron was able to hack IM doesn't mean Bruce will be able to. There's a very large gap there.

Nah, Bruce only wins with one-sided prep and extensive intel. In a prep battle, Batman obviously stands a chance, but Tony would come out victorious.

maxivitopowe

oh yes cos Bruce is a sophisticated AI, has a magic indestructible hammer that emits magical (probably amped and a LOT stronger than lightning), has access to an exotic and damaging metal and to top it all off is made of ionic energy

Firefly218
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
oh yes cos Bruce is a sophisticated AI, has a magic indestructible hammer that emits magical (probably amped and a LOT stronger than lightning), has access to an exotic and damaging metal and to top it all off is made of ionic energy

The point is that Tony's suit has weaknesses that can be exploited
Don't take everything so literally you dumb a$$

pym-ftw
You said Bruce can hack it because Ultron could.

That's like saying Cyke would drop superman because Darkseids eyebeams hurt him.

Thus you seem like the Dumba**

Odekahn
Nah, Bruce only wins with one-sided prep and extensive intel. In a prep battle, Batman obviously stands a chance, but Tony would come out victorious.

If Bruce is successful in triggering several EMP's then Tony's tech would be useless, and hand to hand Tony doesn't stand a chance.

pym-ftw
Or Tony blasts him.

DarkOdin
If Bruce is successful in triggering several EMP's then Tony's tech would be useless, and hand to hand Tony doesn't stand a chance. EMP only work on non-EMP sheilded electronics 1 would assume starks has this covered if not i would wager during the week of prep Tony would realise this IF it even a weakness or not

IHateCoughing
If Bruce is successful in triggering several EMP's then Tony's tech would be useless, and hand to hand Tony doesn't stand a chance.

Tony can simply shut down his suit long enough for the EMPs to not affect it and then instantly reboot.

He did it against Winter Soldier.

OR, his suit is simply resistant to electromagnetic pulses. There ARE instances where EMPs haven't worked on him, after all.

Tony Stark
Im trying to say that this fight wont be a stomp

Ahhhhh... YES it is!

Don't let your fear of bats interfere with your common sense. Bruce joins his parents.

maxivitopowe
Since the extremis have there been any showings off him in combat without the suit cos I seem to remember him seating that gee had to grow new organs just to be able to run his new suit, and I wanna know if it has even changed him in that regard.

@what's his face you're arguament was a dumb one so I argued in kind deal with it

Juk3n

EMPs, my goodness, I can't believe it's been that simple all along, just use emps on ironman. Well, do you suppose heading into the fight Ironman might, I don't know lets say 'guess' that his genius enemy would try and use an emp attack to disable his armor?

Ironman has to go into this fight with one question, "what can't my suit withstand" - run through the radioactivity spectrum, run through the electromagnetic field spectrum, test for magical properties and maybe some cosmic ones of which are abundant to marvel earth dwelling billionare geniuses. disable remote access during combat so no hacking.

Batman has to answer too many questions during his prep time for any one solution to present itself, obtain a sample of tonys latest suit armor, obtain code for j.a.r.v.i.s or w/e IM uses now. Prep defense against sonic/physical/electric/heat/light/lazer/explosive attacks that are in some instances designed to fell other heralds. He cant just break out the "wonder woman" contingency plan and tweak it here and there.

the two opponents are being asked to do two very different tasks here. And I think Tonys task is way easier.

Odekahn
EMPs, my goodness, I can't believe it's been that simple all along, just use emps on ironman. Well, do you suppose heading into the fight Ironman might, I don't know lets say 'guess' that his genius enemy would try and use an emp attack to disable his armor?

Ironman has to go into this fight with one question, "what can't my suit withstand" - run through the radioactivity spectrum, run through the electromagnetic field spectrum, test for magical properties and maybe some cosmic ones of which are abundant to marvel earth dwelling billionare geniuses. disable remote access during combat so no hacking.

Batman has to answer too many questions during his prep time for any one solution to present itself, obtain a sample of tonys latest suit armor, obtain code for j.a.r.v.i.s or w/e IM uses now. Prep defense against sonic/physical/electric/heat/light/lazer/explosive attacks that are in some instances designed to fell other heralds. He cant just break out the "wonder woman" contingency plan and tweak it here and there.

the two opponents are being asked to do two very different tasks here. And I think Tonys task is way easier.

Of course Tony would expect something like an EMP. And Batman would know that too. That's why he could coat his Batarangs with nanobots that disable EMP shields and also infect with a techovirus. Coat it's exterior with Nth metal to disable any magical defenses Tony MIGHT have set up.

Tony's dependency on his tech is too crippling against someone like Batman in a prep war. Tony is a master prepper, but he's not nearly as paranoid or deep rooted in surroundings and strategy as Bruce.

Inhuman
So some are assuming batman will be the only one prepping while Tony sits there smelling his own sh!t?

Firefly218
You said Bruce can hack it because Ultron could.

That's like saying Cyke would drop superman because Darkseids eyebeams hurt him.

Thus you seem like the Dumba**

I actually did not say that, in fact I did not even mean to imply that. I simply stated a multitude of cases in which Tony's weaknesses were exploited.
Read shit right before you go posting a comeback

Odekahn
Originally posted by Inhuman
So some are assuming batman will be the only one prepping while Tony sits there smelling his own sh!t?

Who said that?

Inhuman
Who said that?

Don't know why its complicated.
Batman can beat tony if he is the only one that has prep.
If both have prep then its a stomp in Tony's favor.
Simple.
/thread

juggernaut74
The Marvel wankers need to realize who invented prep.

Sixth_Winged

All the things you have mentioned are pretty much inaccessible and outright downplayed. Densely packed cluster of neutrons? Are you ****ing serious? Its magical near indestructable metal that is charged with lightning. Its not like batman is smart enough to even harness that.

Firefly218
Simple.
/thread

Batman is better at prep and Tony is better in tech is the argument

Sixth_Winged

Reed richards lol

Ash_J_Williams
Ironman 10/10. Batman needs onesided prep to ever win this.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Reed richards lol

I'm pretty sure Batman existed long before reed richards. And you don't have to be a super intelligent engineer to harness weapons of immense power. By the way, my point was not to suggest exactly how Batman can defeat Tony, it was to point out that Tony suit does have its weaknesses.

Odekahn
Simple.
/thread

You didn't answer my question.

Odekahn
I'm pretty sure Batman existed long before reed richards. And you don't have to be a super intelligent engineer to harness weapons of immense power. By the way, my point was not to suggest exactly how Batman can defeat Tony, it was to point out that Tony suit does have its weaknesses.

It's a good point too. thumb up

pym-ftw
The point is that Tony's suit has weaknesses that can be exploited
Don't take everything so literally you dumb a$$ Originally posted by Firefly218
I actually did not say that, in fact I did not even mean to imply that. I simply stated a multitude of cases in which Tony's weaknesses were exploited.
Read shit right before you go posting a comeback do you not know what imply means?

Stark has his Satellites shot at Batman. One week is not enough to take out everything Stark has built in a lifetime not even close.

pym-ftw
I'm pretty sure Batman existed long before reed richards. to be fair pre 60's Batman wasn't really a prep master...

Silent Master

The Batman wankers need to realize that he didn't invent prep, nor is he the only one capable of using it.

Naija boy

Essentially, that's the only way that Batman who has less resources and is less technologically advanced has a chance against Tony. Lol at batman disabling Tony's armor with an EMP.

Odekahn
The Batman wankers need to realize that he didn't invent prep, nor is he the only one capable of using it.

I don't think anyone is denying that, but what you have here is:

Tony with standard gear in a random fight would win.
Tony in a tech competition would win.
Bruce isn't a slouch at tech, isn't opposed to using alien tech AND/OR opponents tech.
Bruce would win in a fist fight.
Bruce is a master strategist. He does the jobs of Cap and Tony for his team.
Bruce is a master at Mind Games and Surroundings.
Bruce is more paranoid with his preps, and doesn't let ego get in his way.

Tony is better at making weapons. Batman is better at utilizing what he has access to imo. Enough for a win here.

pym-ftw
How? How can Bruce beat a prepped Tony?

Firefly218
Tony's biggest weakness is his ego. Batmans meticulous preparation for the fight will catch Tony off guard.
You cant deny its a possibility, given batman's record against foes much stronger than him

Silent Master
I don't think anyone is denying that, but what you have here is:

Tony with standard gear in a random fight would win.

Agreed

Agreed

Neither is Tony

Bruce isn't winning a fist fight with Ironman, he'd break his hands on the armor.

Good for him, but not really going to help in a 1-on-1 fight.

So your argument is that Tony is too arrogant to properly prep for Batman?

As long as Tony doesn't actually prep effectively?

Silent Master
Tony's biggest weakness is his ego. Batmans meticulous preparation for the fight will catch Tony off guard.
You cant deny its a possibility, given batman's record against foes much stronger than him

Give an example of how Batman will use Tony's ego against him.

Firefly218

Its not about Tony not prepping effectively, its the fact that Bruce is just much better in his preperation. Saying Tony will beat Bruce because he has good tech is like saying the Rock could punch spiderman because he is really strong

Silent Master
Its not about Tony not prepping effectively, its the fact that Bruce is just much better in his preperation. Saying Tony will beat Bruce because he has good tech is like saying the Rock could punch spiderman because he is really strong

Give examples of what Batman can do that is beyond Tony's ability to deal with.

Firefly218
Give an example of how Batman will use Tony's ego against him.

Tony could scoff at the idea of a fight with Batman, who is a mere mortal, therefore not preparing as hard as he would for the likes of Hulk or Ultron. Thus Batman proceeds to kick ass.

pym-ftw
So your argument is Batman wins if Tony doesn't fight?

Silent Master
Tony could scoff at the idea of a fight Batman, who is a mere mortal, thus not preparing as hard as he would for the likes of Hulk or Ultron. Thus Batman proceeds to kick ass.

IOW, Tony has to act like a complete moron in order for Batman to win.

Basically.

Odekahn
Agreed

Agreed

Neither is Tony

Bruce isn't winning a fist fight with Ironman, he'd break his hands on the armor.

Good for him, but not really going to help in a 1-on-1 fight.

So your argument is that Tony is too arrogant to properly prep for Batman?

Actually, yes. I think Tony would underestimate Bruce. Now that's just my opinion, but it's hardly out of character. He makes big nasty weapons, but a lot of times he's executing other's plans. Cap, Reed, Pym...

And when I say fist fight, I mean fists only. Aka no armor/no gear. So if Bruce can find a way to make Tonys armor go haywire to stop working altogether, Bats will win.

And yes, surroundings and mind games (or illusions) would absolutely matter in a 1v1.

Odekahn

Or Batman wins if he can find a way to neutralize Tony to the point that he CANT fight.

IHateCoughing

He might have better prep feats, yes, but he's still fighting an uphill battle here. Bruce's intelligence notwithstanding, he's simply too outclassed. Whatever he could devise in a week Tony would counter with a few tweaks on his armor.

Silent Master
I'm just not seeing what Batman can do to take out a prepped Iron-man before getting taken out himself.

IHateCoughing
"He'll find a way" has become the signature maxim for Batman fans.

Inhuman
Who would win ina fight, no holding back

ODG

He nukes from orbit. qft thumb up

Odekahn

Because it's basically written on his forehead, lol.

It's not insane to see Batman overcome the unthinkable. I do think this an uphill battle.

Batman has a MUCH greater resume than Tony in regards to variety expertise. I do think Tony is a much better tech head, but I don't think I Bruce is incapable of keeping up. All things considered, in a game of chess Bruce has the edge and that's exactly what this would turn into.

Silent Master
No, this is a fight...one where Tony has the advantage.

Odekahn
No, this is a fight...one where Tony has the advantage.

It's a prep fight. It's not a science contest. It's making a plan and executing it.

It's not always the size of the gun that matters, it's the shooter too.

ODG
^ Cap is a master strategist and always finds a way too even against Red Skull w/ Cosmic Cube or Korvac but he'd get roflstomped in a prep fight with Stark.

I think perspective has been lost here. Batman isn't Doom.

Silent Master
It's a prep fight. It's not a science contest. It's making a plan and executing it.

It's not always the size of the gun that matters, it's the shooter too.

So, how is Batman going to beat a prepped Iron-man?

Odekahn
Originally posted by ODG
^ Cap is a master strategist and always finds a way too even against Red Skull w/ Cosmic Cube or Korvac but he'd get roflstomped in a prep fight with Stark.

I think perspective has been lost here. Batman isn't Doom.

And Tony wouldn't beat Cap in a combat strategy course either.

Captain America doesn't have the technical knowledge nor the resources Bruce does. Of course he would lose in a prep fight.

Bruce does have some impressive tech feats, enough to be able to keep up at least. And he has the strategical feats to give Captain America a run for his money.

He's a jack of all trades.

Tony Stark

Whats Reed Richards have to do with this thread...?

deathslash
Sorry about this guys (I don't really have dog in this fight), but if Lex Luthor could make a battle suit that can take on Superman, don't you think Bruce could build a similar (but slightly inferior) battle suit specifically designed to take on Iron Man (similar to the one in The Dark Knight Returns) inside of a week? Also, is it outside of the realm of possibility that Bruce already has a highly advanced battle suit lying around for just such an occasion(I'm not on anyone's side, I'm just asking)?

Odekahn
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Whats Reed Richards have to do with this thread...?

Lol thumb up

Odekahn
Bruce could contact the Flash to lend him speed so he could build whatever he wants lol.

ODG
Bruce does have some impressive tech feats, enough to be able to keep up at least. Against Tony who isn't prepped, sure. Not against a prepped Tony.

Prepped Batman's chances against prepped Iron Man are only marginally less remote than prepped Batman's chances against a prepped Loki, Reed or Doom.

Tony Stark
to be fair pre 60's Batman wasn't really a prep master...

Now that's not entirely true... Batman would prep Robin's anus A.K.A. "The Bat cave" nightly for its repeated plundering.

evil face

Odekahn
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Now that's not entirely true... Batman would prep Robin's anus A.K.A. "The Bat cave" nightly for its repeated plundering.

evil face

Not entirely true? More like completely false!

Shark repellant batspray anyone?

Silent Master
Originally posted by deathslash
Sorry about this guys (I don't really have dog in this fight), but if Lex Luthor could make a battle suit that can take on Superman, don't you think Bruce could build a similar (but slightly inferior) battle suit specifically designed to take on Iron Man (similar to the one in The Dark Knight Returns) inside of a week? Also, is it outside of the realm of possibility that Bruce already has a highly advanced battle suit lying around for just such an occasion(I'm not on anyone's side, I'm just asking)?

Batman spending his week of prep building a suit is likely the worst thing he could do.

Based

Odekahn
That's because he always does, lol.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/null_zps37d221bd.jpg

pym-ftw
Not entirely true? More like completely false!

Shark repellant batspray anyone? can you read?

PRE 60'S. aka pre FF

FF (1961)
Adam West Batman (1966)

SasuOna
Batman already has an iron man suit in the new 52 its the batmobile

Odekahn
can you read?

PRE 60'S. aka pre FF

FF (1961)
Adam West Batman (1966)

I can. I just read too fast sometimes. This was one of those cases. I just saw an opportunity to make a quick bat-sharkspray joke and had to jump on it, lol.

pym-ftw
I forgive you

For now...
laughing out loud

Odekahn
I forgive you

For now...
laughing out loud

<3

Batman-Prime
It's funny how everyone in Marvel is better at prep then anyone in DC, especially one of the best. But well keep on Marvelites, keep on^^.

Silent Master
It's funny how everyone in Marvel is better at prep then anyone in DC, especially one of the best. But well keep on Marvelites, keep on^^.

Seeing as Iron-man starts off so much higher on the power scale, he doesn't need to be better, he just needs to be competent.

Batman-Prime
Seeing as Iron-man starts off so much higher on the power scale, he doesn't need to be better, he just needs to be competent.

Only if you look at his armor. But this is a prep war, where Batman is superior to him.

Silent Master
Only if you look at his armor. But this is a prep war, where Batman is superior to him.

Ok, how does Batman beat a prepped Iron-man?

Batman-Prime
Ok, how does Batman beat a prepped Iron-man?

Hacking, new-kind of EMP, Weapons (Rockets, Lasers, etc. ) that will go through his armor, like BP weapons, a BrotherEye 2.0, Robots, his own Armor. The possibilities are limitless. It's a prep war, that's why both stand a chance. During the prep time, Batman would already spy on Tony and find out what he is planning and prep for this. He is simply better at such things. Except if you read Marvel only.

Ironman was defeated before, even if he prepped, Batman too, still he prepped for bigger threats then IM.

You guys are acting like Batman would fight nacked with his fists against IM in his Hulkbuster armor...

Silent Master
So you're saying that a prepped Tony isn't smart enough to cover obvious weaknesses and you're ignoring that he's actually dealt with things like hacking and EMP's before.

Can you name a way that doesn't require Tony to act like a total moron?

Batman-Prime
So you're saying that a prepped Tony isn't smart enough to cover obvious weaknesses and you're ignoring that he's actually dealt with things like hacking and EMP's before.

Can you name a way that doesn't require Tony to act like a total moron?

You asked me how to counter his armor. Those are all valid ways. I told you how, you don't like it, fine, but don't act like it's impossible.
He can prep and try to cover his weaknesses, he won't be able to prep for everything. And that's what you simply don't get. It's a prep war for both, find a way to defeat your enemy, find a way to protect yourself from the enemy, it's like a chess game, where you use all your resources. And though tony is intelligent to prove a challange he isn't as smart as Batman in this department. I would rather believe that Batman can counter IM's prep-tactics then vice versa, why because he has the experience and takes on bigger guns then IM with nothing but prep only.

None in this thread or this world is as smart or intelligent as Bruce or IM, comics are fiction in case you didn't kow, so sure I can't explain you how or why Bruce will build an Batarang that can cut through IM armor, insert some viral nanintes and render said armor useless. But just because some people lack the necessary creativity to imagine someone winning in a prep war, doesn't mean there isn't a way.
Even an simple thing like acid, taken from an alien race in the DCU could be enough to go through IM armor.

EDIT: And except having much more experience in prep then Tony and being the far better tactician, Bruce is an great psychologist. Sure People like Reed or Tony can prep better against extraterrestial threats, where tech is the key factor, but prepping against humans, human minds, human limitiations, human psychology, that's is Bruces speciality. That's why he would win a prep war against Reed, Tony or Pym.

Mindset
Reed's arch nemesis is Dr. Doom.

Batman isn't winning a prep war against Reed.

Silent Master
You listed ways that would require Tony to act like a complete moron, can you name any ways that would work on a prepped Tony that is operating at the best of his ability as per forum rules?

maxivitopowe
He has a Magneto armor
He had DAYS (less than a week) in which to come up with a way to defeat the PF .

He can just Voltron all his existing technologies into one and be able to completely obliterate Batman. If he fires in hard and fast then there will new nothing left off Batman but a smear off metal and goo.

Also with Batman building his own suit remember the reason IM got the extremis was cos his reaction/movement time was to slow, so I would imagine that Batman would have the same problem + he doesn't have an AI to help monitor and regulate all non essential systems

Batman-Prime
You listed ways that would require Tony to act like a complete moron, can you name any ways that would work on a prepped Tony that is operating at the best of his ability as per forum rules?

No I didn't you just didn't read it properly or you closed your eyes.

dial J for Josh
Ironman wins.

Silent Master
No I didn't you just didn't read it properly or you closed your eyes.

Do you really think that hacking or emp, things that a non prepped Tony has dealt with before are really going to work when Tony has prep?

Batman-Prime
Do you really think that hacking or emp, things that a non prepped Tony has dealt with before are really going to work when Tony has prep?

I think it's a possibility, but I gave you more. smile So nice picking and choosing. It's obvious where you are heading to. Bring nothing to the table, demand everything.

Keep on going thumb up .

Silent Master
Yea, I brought nothing to the table, it must have been someone else that listed examples of Tony using prep against King Thor and using his enemies tech agaist them with Ultron.

Good job reading the thread.

Firefly218
Batman defeated Darkseid, a literal god and generally the baddest thing in the DC universe by shooting him with a bullet made of Radion, a rare element toxic to Darkseid's people, Batman defeated Superman in Frank Millers The Dark Knight using kryptonite, Batman defeated the entire legion of doom by manipulating them to turn on eachother,

Firefly218
Batman has master level training in of 127 different forms of martial arts, can bench press over 1,000 pounds, has educational degrees in Biology, Physics, Advanced Chemistry, Forensic Sciences, Criminal Science, Forensics, Computer Science, Chemistry and Engineering, Medical Sciences, Expanded Computer and Engineering Sciences, and Technology

Firefly218
Some things that tend to get overlooked in Batman forums

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>