Live Life to the Fullest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
So what does this old cliche mean to you?
Member. said it in another thread and it got me thinking. I think that it's a nice saying.....
My live life to the fullest materialistically means buying lots of star wars stuff....
academically - strive hard for good/great grades
socially - make the best friendships posible..
there are so many things such a vague statement could mean to people... roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
party whenever the chance is there

Catch 22
Living life to the fullest just gets me in trouble.... big grin

finti
true, but boy how fun it is

Corran
Living life to the full means doing everything that you want when you want, obviously depending on finances too, if you get the opportunity to do something or go somewhere and you do every time then you are living life to the full. If you waste time and procrastinate etc you are not living life to the full.

Party on dude.

Dexx
maybe it has something to do with extreme sports

Corran
could do if that's what you are into.

Dexx
hmm...well....i can stand on one foot while wearing rollerblades. big grin

Fire
well I think it is different for all of us.
But in general I think it means that we should try to be as happy as we can be.
How we become happy is different for everyone.
For me it would be to stop thinking so much about what ppl say to me, and to continue to do what I do namely be the best friend I can be for my friends. I know this might seem to be an ego thing, but can honnestly say I never said NO to a friend when he or she asked me to do something. Yes I know it is a bit naief but I don't care, I do not expect other ppl to be like that, but I want to be like that cause my friends have all given me more than they can ever imagine

yes even you people

Ushgarak
Sounds a lot of effort to me...

finti
party on

Member.
well when one is young and healthy, they tend to not care about one's health and thus turning into the couch potato which in turn well lead to a bad life. living life the fullest is doing everything u wanted to do when ur still healthy and don't have a family to worry about. like mebig grini do extreme sports aka. rollerblading, skateboarding, snowboarding. and u have to be happy doing it, if ur not happy, then ur not fulfilling what u wanted and if sitting on the couch watching tv all day is happiness and go for it, but think about ur future children and how they will look up to u.

finti
nah just a bunch of beer a t the pub will do

Member.
laughing out loudi said all that for nothing?sadi feel unloved...

Julie
party....is that all life's about to you ?

GordonSkywalker
Not to me!(Waves hand excitedly) To me, living your life to the fullest means taking advantage of as many oppurtunities that are given to me.

BackFire349
it means just do whatever makes you happy.

GordonSkywalker
Greetings Backfire! How are things?

Captain REX
I don't live life to the fullest. I'm dull, aren't I?

mechmoggy
Don't be hard on yourself Rexxy. big grin

I agree with the idea that living life to the fullest means doing whatever makes you happy, whether that be partying every night or going to the library every day to study. (Or in my case, a fine balance of the two)

Whatever it is that keeps you smiling, go ahead and fill your boots.

finti
so is he gonna fill his boot with his head then Mech?

mechmoggy
Its a saying over here, whatever gets you going......fill ya boots man.

Corran
whatever floats your boat.

GordonSkywalker
Or rocks your world.

Fire
yea ush it is a lot of work and it ain't very easy
but it's like this
I once told a friend:"Allowing yourself to be open to other people involves some risk, but the reward outweighs the pain you can get from it"

GordonSkywalker
Very philosophical.

mechmoggy
I wonder if Finti will..."Live life with a mullet"? stick out tongue

Julie
is that a scary thought

Julie
You know I'd love to live life to the fullest at the moment, but studying is getitng in the way of that I believe

mechmoggy
Ditto, should all end in June 2004 for me I hope.

When do you finish your course Jules?

Julie
this semester will be done may 8th for me...but then I start summer school and I don't graduate ( undergrad degree) until 2006 and masters years after that...and Phd.....much longer after that.....* how depressing*

Member.
i'm sorry. those things seem so far away for mebig grin.

mechmoggy
Jeepers Jules you've got it all planned that far ahead?! eek!

I'm thinking about stopping for a couple of years after finishing my degree. Maybe I'll start a masters if I find an employer who'll give me a little more support, but I'm frightened that leaving it a while will make it too hard to start again.

Fire
Julie, I do not see how studying can be in the way of living your life the fullest
Ofc. you study and you lose time by it but the time you really lose is very little in my opinion. Ofc. you have to spend a few hours a day in school/college/uni but when you're there you are also enjoying yourself. (atleast I know I am) I can see and talk to my friends, I can have quite a lot of fun in school so I don't see how it could stop me from living my life the fullest. Ofc. the studying at home stands in the way. But sometimes I think that studying is a part of living my life the fullest.
It could just be me but sometimes I actualy care what I am studying

mechmoggy
Its not that I don't enjoy what I'm learning, although some subjects are hella boring, but its the sheer volume of work you have to do in your own time. Plus don't friends always seem to call and suggest going out when you're tied up with homework?

It's like they know and do it to p**s me off. sad

hayden's minx
Yes I like to do that every once in a while, but i don't have time which is probably just as well coz it ud probably involve me breaking bones.

mechmoggy
Would you beat them to death with a oversized hotdog? eek!

Ushgarak
What a way to go...

mechmoggy
Indeed. Of all the snack to be attacked with, Minxy chooses the one with most comic value.

Julie
I actually like the stuff I'm studying, but I don't sociallize all that much....and I don't even have time to play many video games....or read and write things I want to.,...they would be part of "living my life to the fullest....." on the materialistic...petty side of things

Ushgarak
Petty has a bad name. People should spend a good amount of time indulging in petty.

Corran
Like petty crime and stuff like that?

Ushgarak
Well, if you are going to do crime, better to do petty than serious, yes?

Corran
I think there are more rewards in serious crime, take for instance stealing a Garden Gnome from someones garden or stealing 125,000 from a post-office hold-up. Which is more rewarding?
And more to the point which would you feel you were living life to the fullest doing?

mechmoggy
Can't say I'd have much use for the gnome, but I could do with the cash.

Whatcha say Corran, lets go to work? evil face

finti
So Mech, you didnt have much use for Corran you say

mechmoggy
Corran's a gnome!?!? eek!

That would explain the bright clothes, floppy hat and obsession with fishing in ponds.....

Member.
hm...

Corran
It's very relaxing.

mechmoggy
The fishing or the floppy hats? confused

Corran
I despair. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Julie
why???????.....be happy!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.