Does Revan canonically have the Force Heal technique?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
It was in KOTOR, so I was wondering if it's canon.

Nephthys
Yes, he uses it in Revan.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yes, he uses it in Revan. I listened to the Audiobook, but I can't remember a lot of it. Anyone agree with me that up till Scourge's betrayal, he and Satchel, and the rest of the group felt like a high school anime?????

S_W_LeGenD
Revan was a master of Jedi healing arts. He could heal even severe/life-threatening wounds without need of medical attention.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yes, he uses it in Revan.

I don't recall this.

Intrepid37
Used it when his flesh was burnt by Vitiate.

Stealth Moose
You may be right. I'll reread the book sometime soon. The only canonical use of Force Heal I've seen really is Obi-Wan Kenobi in ANH and Barriss Offee in Medstar Duology, the latter of which has a special kind of talent for it.

Mizukage Yoda
He uses it to recover from the wounds inflicted when he was hit by Vitiate's force storm. But it wasn't instantaneous which is why the Exile had to save him via saber throw (also this was the point where the Exile screwed the pooch and saved Revan instead of killing the Emperor). This disarms the Emperor and he takes a step back to analyze Meetra during which time Revan has time to recuperate and Scourge then has his vision (the same vision that leads him to kill Meetra)

juyomaster34
yes...what they said...Revan was a master of both sides of the Force...
very powerful Jedi...

Oneness
Because of his connection to the dark side, yes he can turn the Force heal technique on himself.

Krayt was better at it, as he could prevent himself from dying with it - Plagueis sucked at it. Plagueis could use the sever Force technique to kill non-Force sensitives, first time I've seen it used in that way. Plagueis could also reverse the aging of his cells with it, all in all Revan's mastery of the technique was limited to healing damage right after it's done. It could be used to shapeshift and gain muscle, increase brain mass, etc.

Stealth Moose
Spirit Nadd can bring someone back from near-death with Force heal. In any case, Barriss' description in Medstar implies that healing is a specialty for certain Force users, and not all have the ability or potential.

Q99
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Spirit Nadd can bring someone back from near-death with Force heal. In any case, Barriss' description in Medstar implies that healing is a specialty for certain Force users, and not all have the ability or potential.

Yes, not all can do it, though it's not super-rare like, say, battle meditation is.

Different force users have different talents, total power aside.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.