Thor (Blood and Thunder) vs. Superman (OWAW)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
No power gem and no sun dipping. Who wins ?

Stoic
Close fight, but I go with Thor for a slight majority. Unless Mongul has already taught Kal how to really let loose. If he has then I say Superman for a slight majority. I don't even know who to vote for?

Cogito
Originally posted by Stoic
Unless Mongul has already taught Kal how to really let loose.

Well, that happened in the build-up to OWAW, so I don't know what Quan would mean by OWAW Superman if that weren't included.

I'll vote for Superman. Fights smarter, faster, (arguably) stronger.

zopzop
Superman all the way.

Thor fought like a moron in that arc. Now Godhunter BrB vs OWAW Superman............

Estacado
Superman.

Mindship
Superman. Not sure who's more powerful (Thor?), but Superman OWAW was clear-thinking, and Supes in general is a more creative fighter.

Batman-Prime
Superman, after a while he will find the gem and take it away, like thor did with drax.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Superman, after a while he will find the gem and take it away, like thor did with drax.
There's no gem here.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
There's no gem here.

I didn't read the OP properly then, I though he would get it else he doesn't stand a chance.

Reflassshh
This belongs to clark.

quanchi112
Originally posted by zopzop
Superman all the way.

Thor fought like a moron in that arc. Now Godhunter BrB vs OWAW Superman............ How did he fight like a moron ?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Reflassshh
This belongs to clark. Based on ?

Brockalizer
Depends, if it's first to k.o the other than Superman wins, to the death I go with Thor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Depends, if it's first to k.o the other than Superman wins, to the death I go with Thor. Why the different outcomes ?

abhilegend
Superman.

Warlord
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman.

Pillow Biter
Superman's power level jumped around in OWAW. But if you mean to specify Superman at his utmost, when busting up Probes with Doomsday, then this fight isn't even close.

deathlife
Thor.

Casually beating up Silver Surfer is no mean feat.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Superman's power level jumped around in OWAW. But if you mean to specify Superman at his utmost, when busting up Probes with Doomsday, then this fight isn't even close. Thor destroyed the Surfer and Warlock at the same time which I take any day over some meaningless probes.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why the different outcomes ? I chose different outcomes because, Bill was able to k.o Thor by himself, even after he had gotten his ass handed to him previously. But after that Thor seemed to get stronger, even before getting the PG. He was tanking attacks and wrecking a team that would give Superman a run for his money. I honestly can't see Supes tanking a blast of the power cosmic, from a Silver Surfer that wasn't holding back, the way Thor did.

quanchi112
I chose different outcomes because, Bill was able to k.o Thor by himself, even after he had gotten his ass handed to him previously. But after that Thor seemed to get stronger, even before getting the PG. He was tanking attacks and wrecking a team that would give Superman a run for his money. I honestly can't see Supes tanking a blast of the power cosmic, from a Silver Surfer that wasn't holding back, the way Thor did. Thor was distracted and still quickly recovered to dominate Bill.

carver9
This could go either way. If I had to give a majority in this scenerio, it would be Superman after a hard fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
This could go either way. If I had to give a majority in this scenerio, it would be Superman after a hard fight. Why?

Brockalizer
Thor was distracted and still quickly recovered to dominate Bill. Thor wasn't distracted though. He'd just taken down Surfer, Bill got his second wind and the two squared off and faced each other one on one. And I know he recovered and dominated Bill, that's why I said he appeared to get stronger after that fight, but he was still down long enough to count as a forum k.o.

quanchi112
Thor wasn't distracted though. He'd just taken down Surfer, Bill got his second wind and the two squared off and faced each other one on one. And I know he recovered and dominated Bill, that's why I said he appeared to get stronger after that fight, but he was still down long enough to count as a forum k.o. Yes, he was since Bill just rushed him after he already had beaten him once along with the Surfer. Darkseid easily overpowered Superman in OWAW. Thor was going through people left and right.

carver9
Why?

Because of his fts.

quanchi112
Because of his fts. Such as ?

carver9
Such as ?

Ripping through probes. Withstood an attack from Imperiex Prime that turned Doomsday into a skeleton. I can keep going if you want.

quanchi112
Ripping through probes. Withstood an attack from Imperiex Prime that turned Doomsday into a skeleton. I can keep going if you want. He was saved by the attack by other means so it was not under his own power iirc. Probes weren't that special and Darkseid easily overpowered him along with black Racer rocking him easily.

Brockalizer
Yes, he was since Bill just rushed him after he already had beaten him once along with the Surfer. Darkseid easily overpowered Superman in OWAW. Thor was going through people left and right. That's like saying Superman finally taking Doomsday down in DoS didn't matter because Doomsday had already k.o'ed Supes in previous encounters. Bill didn't just rush him, they faced off, exchanged words, clashed hammers and started the battle anew. Out maneuvering an opponent isn't the same as rushing an opponent. The point I am trying to make is that Bill faced Thor one on one and was able to beat him, if only for a few moments.

quanchi112
That's like saying Superman finally taking Doomsday down in DoS didn't matter because Doomsday had already k.o'ed Supes in previous encounters. Bill didn't just rush him, they faced off, exchanged words, clashed hammers and started the battle anew. Out maneuvering an opponent isn't the same as rushing an opponent. The point I am trying to make is that Bill faced Thor one on one and was able to beat him, if only for a few moments. Superman also went down. Thor beat Bill prior to a few times and after. He got the jump on Thor is all.

Darkseid overpowered Superman. That's far worse.

Brockalizer
Superman also went down. Thor beat Bill prior to a few times and after. He got the jump on Thor is all.

Darkseid overpowered Superman. That's far worse. And using maneuverability and hammer strikes to K.O an opponent isn't overpowering? Here is a direct quote from the fight I am referencing, I tried to post the scan but got a message saying that the attachment was too large so this will have to do. (perhaps Carver would have more luck if he has the scan handy, he is a bit more computer savvy than I am) "Twice before I bested you, pretender. This contests outcome will be no different..." Even Thor acknowledged that this was a rematch. It wasn't until AFTER he recovered from that he seemed to get stronger and put Bill down the final time. But Bill was still able to K.O Thor, that is the point I was making.

quanchi112
And using maneuverability and hammer strikes to K.O an opponent isn't overpowering? Here is a direct quote from the fight I am referencing, I tried to post the scan but got a message saying that the attachment was too large so this will have to do. (perhaps Carver would have more luck if he has the scan handy, he is a bit more computer savvy than I am) "Twice before I bested you, pretender. This contests outcome will be no different..." Even Thor acknowledged that this was a rematch. It wasn't until AFTER he recovered from that he seemed to get stronger and put Bill down the final time. But Bill was still able to K.O Thor, that is the point I was making. That was after the fight started and Bill landed a surprise attack iirc.

Point is Thor beat him up and down after crushing other opponents.

Brockalizer
That was after the fight started and Bill landed a surprise attack iirc.

Point is Thor beat him up and down after crushing other opponents. It wasn't a surprise attack. He charged at Bill,Bill sidestepped his attack and hit him with a combo. The version of Bill that k.o'ed Thor is weaker than OWAW Superman. It's definitely within the realm of possibility that he'd k.o Thor.

quanchi112
It wasn't a surprise attack. He charged at Bill,Bill sidestepped his attack and hit him with a combo. The version of Bill that k.o'ed Thor is weaker than OWAW Superman. It's definitely within the realm of possibility that he'd k.o Thor. There was an attack before that iirc. Not at all. Superman was flat out overpowered by Darkseid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.