Yuga Khan Vs Odon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SquallX
One of my favorite villain of all time. To bad he didn't last long. Such a waste. sad

Both at there highest peak of powers.

Who triumphs.

can a mod change the title. It's suppose to say Odin.

Galan007
Yuga was powerful, that's for sure...

He was able to not only destroy entire planets, but drain them of all life and add that power to his own:

Lar Gand later states that several planets have been consumed by Yuga:

In fact, Yuga left a trail of dead planets across the entire galaxy:

Yuga's bio confirms that he drained "a multitude of worlds":

Lar Gand states that the energy he sensed from Yuga was greater than that of Darkseid(this was said after Yuga had only drained a single world, mind you):

Metron confirms that Yuga is the most powerful of the Old Gods/Prometheans:

Yuga imprisons Darkseid:

Erases Desaad:

Erases Gideon:

Slays the entire New Genosian army:

Imprisons Lar Gand with a gesture:

Yuga cuts off the New Gods from the Source...

Boom Tubes are no longer operable:

Highfather can no longer commune with the Source:

Even Darkseid's OE becomes unreliable:

Darkseid alludes to the fact that the only reason he cannot kill Yuga is due to emotional attachment(ie. he can't bring himself to kill his daddy):

...But given Yuga's feats(which are WELL above Darkseid's), that comment is very hard for me to take literally. /shrug

_______

Anyway, Yuga can only win against forum-Odin if he manages to cut him off from the Odinpower. Sans that, Odin should win.

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
Darkseid alludes to the fact that the only reason he cannot kill Yuga is due to emotional attachment(ie. he can't bring himself to kill his daddy):

...But given Yuga's feats(which are WELL above Darkseid's), that comment is very hard for me to take literally. /shrug

Earlier in the run IIRC Darkseid was making excuses for why he didn't (read: couldn't) kill others with the OE. This is just a continuation of that.

Galan007
thumb up

Yuga was clearly superior either way.

Mindset
Udon soup.

operator616
thumb up

Yuga was clearly superior either way.

The intention was pretty clear that Yuga far surpasses Darkseid, in New Gods v3 #17 letter's page, the editor says that Darkseid is a wimp compare to Yuga (indirectly)

http://i.imgur.com/HQ0uu2o.jpg?1

Though i think Odin wins, he has better feats.

Galan007
Originally posted by operator616
The intention was pretty clear that Yuga far surpasses Darkseid, in New Gods v3 #17 letter's page, the editor says that Darkseid is a wimp compare to Yuga (indirectly)

http://i.imgur.com/HQ0uu2o.jpg?1

Though i think Odin wins, he has better feats. That notion was confirmed several times throughout the issues as well. Not only does Lar Gand outright say it, but Yuga preformed feats that were simply beyond what Darkseid has ever displayed on panel-- namely destroying/absorbing a multitude of planets with ease, and cutting off the New Gods from the Source.

I agree. Yuga appeared in 5 issues over the span of 6 months. Conversely, Odin has appeared in hundredS of issues over a 50+ year history-- of course he's going to have more high-end feats.

operator616
That notion was confirmed several times throughout the issues as well. Not only does Lar Gand outright say it

I mostly posted that to confirm the intention, because in issue 19, it's also stated that Darkseid' power at the very least approaches Yuga's. Id take an editor's statement over a character's.

Galan007
"The only being in this existence whose power even remotely approaches mine is that of .":
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17110435/1990.08.New_Gods.019.p17.jpg.html
Said statement doesn't imply that Darkseid was a legit threat-- it's just Yuga recognizing that he was the most powerful gnat in the swarm.

Although it is worth noting that Yuga(at his weakest levels) b*tchslap-owned Highfather in that same scene... This is somewhat important because Highfather and Darkseid are almost always portrayed as exact equals on panel.

Anyway, I agree that an editor's(published) statement can supersede a character's statement, so long as the character statement in question is in somewhat of a grey area.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.