Name characters with a Epic Hand to Hand combat???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmptyHearted
I like to know. What characters in amine? Video game and even movie.

Whom are the best fighter in fiction?

Best hand- hand combat fighting skills

Name some guys

Sacred 117
Fox McCloud
Prince Zuko

sacred108
Goku
Akuma
And if comics are allowed bat man.

Yamcha
I'm in a hurry atm but I know I can think of some later on, I'm a fan of characters who have pretty sick H2H skills it's like one of the top things when factoring in if a character will be a favorite of mine lol.

Kenshiro should definitely be mentioned lol

No matter the MGS hate, Big Boss deserves a mention as well.

And if comics are concerned, Karate Kid for sure.

ScreamPaste
Karate ****ing Kid. haermm He's just so ****ing skilled he can headlock PC Kryptonians.

Wei Phoenix
Kenshiro, the broken one.

BloodRain
Hayato, the Invincible Superman.

Q99
Alita from Battle Angel Alita.

Caerula Sanguis / Vilma from the same.

The amount of raw skill they show in even basic ways* is just absurdly high smile

*That is to say, they aren't uber because their styles grant superhuman attributes or unstoppable killer techniques like some, but rather because at any weightclass they'll punch way above their weight. Caerula chumps cyborgs three times as fast as her.

NemeBro
Karate Kid.

No one else comes close.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by NemeBro
Karate Kid.

No one else comes close.

Kenshiro would beat the fck out of him in a PISless fight.

NemeBro
Karate Kid would punch his face in before Kenshiro could process a thought.

EmptyHearted
Originally posted by sacred108
Goku
Akuma
And if comics are allowed bat man.

Is indeed allow.

I was going say batman and Nightwing

EmptyHearted
Originally posted by Yamcha
I'm in a hurry atm but I know I can think of some later on, I'm a fan of characters who have pretty sick H2H skills it's like one of the top things when factoring in if a character will be a favorite of mine lol.

Kenshiro should definitely be mentioned lol

No matter the MGS hate, Big Boss deserves a mention as well.

And if comics are concerned, Karate Kid for sure.

I agree even though I see MGS Fanboy overrated Big Boss and Solid Snake. Skills.

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by EmptyHearted
I agree even though I see MGS Fanboy overrated Big Boss and Solid Snake. Skills. Big Boss and Snake aren't even as good as Ezio is.

Anyone who thinks BB or Snake are even remotely decent in terms of hand to hand in comparison to a majority of fictional characters needs to get kicked in the head.

XanatosForever
Why do you say that?

ScreamPaste
Because he's a Scourge sock.

Socks everywhere.

Yamcha
I can deal with nice socks, but these ones are all crusty and stiff.

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Why do you say that? Because these are the facts, this is the result you get when you look at things objectively, something 99% of this forum is unable to do.

ScreamPaste
This is fanboy wars, the forum. Objectivity is not to be expected, only appreciated when it happens.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by TrevorPhillipss
Because these are the facts, this is the result you get when you look at things objectively, something 99% of this forum is unable to do.

I'm afraid I still don't see how you've come to this conclusion.

TrevorPhillipss
I'm afraid I still don't see how you've come to this conclusion. Simple, educate yourself. Play every game, than go experience a variety of other fictional media, then come up with your own conclusion.

XanatosForever
So you make the claim, then don't offer evidence to support it? That's rather poor form.

TrevorPhillipss
So you make the claim, then don't offer evidence to support it? That's rather poor form. No, someone else made the claim that certain characters have epic hand to hand skills and failed to explain why. That person won't be able to come up with a reasonable argument but if he tries, I'll be here to dismantle his post.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Yamcha
I can deal with nice socks, but these ones are all crusty and stiff.

You don't say? Confirming my suspicions!

XanatosForever
No, someone else made the claim that certain characters have epic hand to hand skills and failed to explain why. That person won't be able to come up with a reasonable argument but if he tries, I'll be here to dismantle his post.

Well, by what definition are using the word "Epic" here? Do we have a baseline? So far, this whole thread is rather subjective.

TrevorPhillipss
Well, by what definition are using the word "Epic" here? Do we have a baseline? So far, this whole thread is rather subjective. In comparison to characters from anime, movies and video games, which can span thousands and thousands of characters.

XanatosForever
You forgot books, and again, without a baseline, the list could be as many as hundreds of thousands to less than fifty.

TrevorPhillipss
You forgot books, and again, without a baseline, the list could be as many as hundreds of thousands to less than fifty. It doesn't really matter, when there are hundreds if not thousands of characters with superior hand to hand skills, certain characters aren't going to make the list of have epic hand to hand skills regardless of the margin granted.

EmptyHearted
Guys.

Why you fighting in this thread!?? This about name characters with great hand-hand combat.

Utrigita
Karate Kid deserves mentioning.

Mace Windu from Star Wars.

Temugin is pretty skilled as well.

Q99
Cassandra Cain is pretty epic. Most epic of the modern-era DC characters (she's Judo-thrown Bizarro Supergirl, slapped Superboy through his telekinetic force field, beat Kara Supergirl with diamond swords in a red light room, and handled all kinds of opposing martial artists).

Oh, and to go back to Battle Angel Alita, there's Zekka from last order.

His ultimate attack? Anti-matter. Punch.

And it's not, like, a soft setting where anti-matter is drastically less powerful than real life and it just means hitting hard. No, he actually releases anti-matter when he punches and it actually causes a bigger-than-nuclear explosion.

And yes, he does have absolutely incredible martial arts skills aside from literally punching anti-matter. He has a combo that leads into the anti-matter punch and he's had the problem of finding a foe that can survive even the early parts of the combo.

XanatosForever
That series is just amazing with how much detail they put into the science.

Based
Gray Fox.

BloodRain
It doesn't really matter, when there are hundreds if not thousands of characters with superior hand to hand skills, certain characters aren't going to make the list of have epic hand to hand skills regardless of the margin granted. Wait.. are you the same kid that comes back here all the time just to shove your rage-boner at MGS?

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by BloodRain
Wait.. are you the same kid that comes back here all the time just to shove your rage-boner at MGS? I'm not sure what kid you're talking about, I'm just here to educate the idiots that compose 99% of this and every other forums population. It's the 1% responsibility to enlighten the masses.

BloodRain
I'm not sure what kid you're talking about, I'm just here to educate the idiots that compose 99% of this and every other forums population. It's the 1% responsibility to enlighten the masses. Aha aww it is you. Welcome back. How's that railgun wound treatin' ya?

TrevorPhillipss
Aha aww it is you. Welcome back. How's that railgun wound treatin' ya? I think you have me confused with someone else, although given your posting history I say bitterness over a previous internet beating must be running rampant. Hopefully you get your issues resolved.

Sacred 117
Go get murdered, Trevor! Nothing you've said since I've become aware of your presence here has any base, merit, or meaning.

Aha aww it is you. Welcome back. How's that railgun wound treatin' ya?

*high-fives BloodRain*

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Go get murdered, Trevor! Nothing you've said since I've become aware of your presence here has any base, merit, or meaning.

*high-fives BloodRain* lol Zuko and Fox McCloud? Talk about no credibility.

You can look through my posting history and see that every thread I've heavily participated in, I've proven my point thoroughly.

No amount of circle jerking other users is going to change the facts.

BloodRain
I think you have me confused with someone else, although given your posting history I say bitterness over a previous internet beating must be running rampant. Hopefully you get your issues resolved. Cant hear, too busy giving Sacred a hypersonic high-five. Hint hint wink wink.

TrevorPhillipss
Cant hear, too busy circle jerking Sacred to avoid another internet beating Understood. Jerk away

The Scenario
No need for all the fighting, guys.

I'm just curious at the backlash MGS seems to be getting. As I recall, none of the prominent characters are particularly bad at hand to hand. In fact, many are rather skilled. Certainly no less that Zuko or Fox are, at any rate.

Otherwise I have little to contribute to this thread, as I don't tend to favor unarmed fighters in most media. I suppose I can put forward someone like Samurai Jack, who has shown a great deal of unarmed prowess, though it's not much compared to his sword skills.

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by The Scenario
No need for all the fighting, guys.

I'm just curious at the backlash MGS seems to be getting. As I recall, none of the prominent characters are particularly bad at hand to hand. In fact, many are rather skilled. Certainly no less that Zuko or Fox are, at any rate.

Otherwise I have little to contribute to this thread, as I don't tend to favor unarmed fighters in most media. I suppose I can put forward someone like Samurai Jack, who has shown a great deal of unarmed prowess, though it's not much compared to his sword skills. It's not so much backlash, there's an abundance of people who talk about series that they have little to no knowledge of. And think that because someone can execute a judo throw or beat up 1-2 fodder that they must be master hand to hand combatants.

Example, most people who are skilled combatants can beat characters that are physically stronger and faster than they are through skill alone. Most MGS characters cannot do this. Big Boss was thrashed several times over the course of a few games by characters who are stronger than him but have a low skill level, the same thing can be said for Solid Snake. If these characters can routinely out performed stronger and faster characters in hand to hand then someone might be able to argue for them.

On the opposite end you named Samurai Jack, THAT would be a strong contender for someone with uber skill since he's been able to beat superpowered characters with swordsmanship and martial arts alone.

The idea here is to see what characters can actually accomplish through their skill, not who can get circle jerked the most

BloodRain
Dahh just cause its you Scene, shall let the kid off the hook.

Q99
The MSG people are good at HtH, but they're relatively mundane good compared to, well, almost everyone else here.

TrevorPhillipss
Dahh just cause its you Scene, shall let the kid off the hook. Well played, using someone else to cop out of a potential internet beating. Very crafty

BloodRain
Well played, using someone else to cop out of a potential internet beating. Very crafty Why, did you want to start up the railgun argument again?

TrevorPhillipss
Why, did you want to start up the railgun argument again? Never heard of it, nor do I see the relevance here, just someone who seems bitter over a previous internet beating and attempted to cop out using someone Else's post.

BloodRain
Never heard of it, nor do I see the relevance here, just someone who seems bitter over a previous internet beating and attempted to cop out using someone Else's post. So no argument? Well that's dull.

TrevorPhillipss
So no argument? Well that's dull. Very dull, why don't you run along and come up with one.

BloodRain
Already posted, as you've seen.

TrevorPhillipss
Hmm nope, I'll I see is tons of your raging and circle jerking. Try again.

BloodRain
Flattered you put effort into reading my history. Tad stalkery, but flattering. Ah well, a hypersonic Raiden is all good and well with his argument dead.

TrevorPhillipss
Flattered you put effort into reading my history. Tad stalkery, but flattering. Ah well, a hypersonic Raiden is all good and well with his argument dead. If this is your idea of flattery then you must live one sad pathetic life devoid of any meaning. Not sure who hypersonic Raiden is, the only Raiden I know of is the one that was humiliated by Vamp.

BloodRain
Hey man, it's been settled already. Not your arguemt afterall, dun you worry your pretty lil head.

TrevorPhillipss
Hey man, it's been settled already. Not your arguemt afterall, dun you worry your pretty lil head. If it's been settled then you should probably let it go. Brooding over an internet beating you took isn't going to help you move on.

BloodRain
Awfully mad for a guy with no connection here.

TrevorPhillipss
Don't need one, thanks.

Sacred 117
lol Zuko and Fox McCloud? Talk about no credibility.

You can look through my posting history and see that every thread I've heavily participated in, I've proven my point thoroughly.

No amount of circle jerking other users is going to change the facts.

So you're going to tell me they're NOT skilled and still be able to take yourself seriously?! Lel at you "educating" anyone! haermm

It's an occupational requirement for them to be skilled, and they've proven it on numerous occasions. Keep in mind, they're not some almighty metas/heralds, so it's easier to appreciate it because they actually depend on it; and they succeed. Of course, you'll find every reason to hate them now.

Really?! Because all I'm hearing is asshurt hate. haermm Also, why are you not dead yet? Eh. It doesn't matter. Live on! I'm done with you.

TrevorPhillipss
So you're going to tell me they're NOT skilled and still be able to take yourself seriously?! haermm

It's an occupational requirement for them to be skilled, and they've proven it on numerous occasions. Keep in mind, they're not some almighty metals/heralds, so it's easier to appreciate it because they actually depend on it; and they succeed. Of course, you'll find every reason to hate them now.

Really?! Because all I'm hearing is asshurt hate. haermm Also, why are you not dead yet? This post shows that you haven't been paying even the slightest bit of a attention to this thread. The entire argument in this thread isn't to see who's skilled, it's to see who's skill actually STANDS OUT in comparison to thousands and thousands of other fictional characters from movies, video games, shows etc.

The baseline of impressive skill is to be able to beat characters that physically outclass them in hand to hand, something neither of them have been able to to.

Why am I not dead yet? Probably because I have more to contribute to this world than you do. Given your inability to read between the lines and put more than 2 seconds of rationale in your post, I say you have a bright future of cleaning toilets ahead of you. Chances are I'll be around a lot longer than you'll be.

cdtm
Epic h2h Video game characters?

The God Hand. smile

Sacred 117
Goku
Samurai Jack (worth mention)
Strider Hiryu (can bisect people with his bare hands)
Yang Xiao Long (some predictive)

Sacred 117
(Late) Edit: Tex and Carolina (RvB)

Q99
(Late) Edit: Tex and Carolina (RvB)

Good ones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.