How many of the 7 deadly sins does God do and is that ok with Christians?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

Shakyamunison
God does what god does because god is god.

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
God does what god does because god is god.

Perhaps, but does he sin and if you believe in that God, do you care?

Regards
DL

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Greatest I am
Perhaps, but does he sin and if you believe in that God, do you care?

Regards
DL

By definition a god cannot sin unless that god sins to a higher god.

Personifications are not real. They are a way for humans to understand something that is beyond their understanding.

m317
God never sins because what He does is always good. As for the 7 deadly sins-
Wrath- Yes, the Bible says that God did occasionally get angry with His people, but that was because of the horrible things the Israelites were doing. His anger was completely justifiable, and His correction was done out of love- to bring His people back to Him, and the Promised Land (and therefore had good results). Besides, the Bible also shows God as a loving God of mercy- one who loved the world so much that He sent His only Son to die for it.
Greed- God is really not greedy when considering He created all things good, including humans AND He was gracious enough to share it with all of us.
Sloth- How much work does it take to save and keep in balance the whole world and fight evil at the same time? A lot!
Pride- Pride is a sin only when a person (aka human) thinks of himself more highly than he ought to and gives no glory to God. Obviously, God is as high up as you can get, and He is being glorified, so this is not a problem.
Lust- When did God ever lust for a man's wife? God is as pure as pure can be.
Envy- Yes, God is jealous for human beings- because He loves us like a Father! And love is never evil, nor is it ever a sin.

I hope I answered all your questions. Really, God is Love, and Love just can't sin!

Shakyamunison
@m317 So, God CANNOT do evil?

Doesn't that limit god?

Stealth Moose
Good is relative to God's will, not our own conceptions of justice and fairness and moral worth of individuals, apparently.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Good is relative to God's will, not our own conceptions of justice and fairness and moral worth of individuals, apparently.

Yes, it's a "god is god and god will do what god wants because god is god" kind of thing.

Stealth Moose
In Kohlberg's stages of moral development, it's definitely conventional level moral reasoning.

m317
No, God hates sin and is the enemy of sin, so He cannot and will not sin.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by m317

So, God is controlled by hate?

The socks are getting plentiful in this cold weather.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by m317

Considering God designates what is and isn't sin, it's still relative to God. He doesn't do what he doesn't want to do, and his followers interpret his decision as "good", which is why they can't fathom when people have moral codes that don't require a supernatural godfather.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.