did luffy dodge lightning?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luffygear4
i re watched the fight, and he did dodge it, but he saw it coming. it wasnt like point blank range or anything. lightning moves at 100, 137 meters per second, which is equal to mach 292.9, basically mach 293 (i did math, i can tell you how to wink ). so even if he did dodge it while it wasnt point blank its still impressive. but does it really count? is luffy a lightning timer?

BloodRain
Not sure what maths led to those numbers.

Mach 1 = ~340 meters per second.

Mach 293 = ~99,700 meters per second.

And for baseline lightning we use Mach 180 = ~60,000 meters per second.

/2cents

Luffygear4
i used cross multiplication, and i used mach 5 is = to 1,710 m/s at room temperature (65 degrees F). the colder it gets, the higher the numbers. and were not to far off, 400 m/s when were talking speed of lightning, thats pretty good from 2 different sources and the weather reason

cdtm
Originally posted by Luffygear4
i re watched the fight, and he did dodge it, but he saw it coming. it wasnt like point blank range or anything. lightning moves at 100, 137 meters per second, which is equal to mach 292.9, basically mach 293 (i did math, i can tell you how to wink ). so even if he did dodge it while it wasnt point blank its still impressive. but does it really count? is luffy a lightning timer?

It needs comparable supporting feats, before we rule out pis though, imo..

NemeBro
Nami could react to Enel's lightning.

Kalifa could react to Nami's lightning.

Blueno could not perceive Luffy's speed, despite being stronger than Kalifa.

At a certain point, denying this is just that, denial.

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro
Nami could react to Enel's lightning.

Kalifa could react to Nami's lightning.

Blueno could not perceive Luffy's speed, despite being stronger than Kalifa.

At a certain point, denying this is just that, denial.

Out of those examples, you don't think Nami reacting to lightning is clear cut PIS, at least?

She can fight thanks to Usopp's tech, but her stats were always pretty bottom rung..

NemeBro
Nami's could also be an example of a sort of aim-dodging, but the Kalifa+ example is pretty clear-cut.

BloodRain
Originally posted by Luffygear4
i used cross multiplication, and i used mach 5 is = to 1,710 m/s at room temperature (65 degrees F). the colder it gets, the higher the numbers. and were not to far off, 400 m/s when were talking speed of lightning, thats pretty good from 2 different sources and the weather reason Mind posting the sources of the lightning speed you're using?

NemeBro
Shut the **** up BloodRain.

Astner
Well, if he jumped out of the trajectory of lighting he would've broken the escape velocity and ended up in outer space. So the answer is no, he most likely didn't dodge lightning.

BloodRain
Originally posted by NemeBro
Shut the **** up BloodRain.
Go hold ya dick over there for a sec, papas infoing.

Luffygear4
Originally posted by BloodRain
Mind posting the sources of the lightning speed you're using?

http://www.komonews.com/weather/faq/4347976.html
cant find the other

cdtm
Originally posted by Astner
Well, if he jumped out of the trajectory of lighting he would've broken the escape velocity and ended up in outer space. So the answer is no, he most likely didn't dodge lightning.

As much as manga (And comics, like Val Armorr dodging lightning in the Lighting Saga) bend or outright break the rules of physics, One Piece seems especially dedicated to The Rule of Cool.

Breaking escape velocity without moving off the planet, or even more then a few feet distance, isn't too far fetched when you have Sanji and Red Leg surviving for weeks without food or water, or Luffy being impaled right through the chest, surviving, and getting back to full health from the healing powers of meat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.