Gorr vs Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Gorr vs

Relic
H'el
First Born
Ultraman
Brutale

All DCnU... No BFR

Cogito
Gorr dies hard

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Cogito
Gorr dies hard

Gorr became immortal when he merged with his weapon. Aside from the Black Berserkers, it created his planet, his son/wife, the structures of the planet and so I don't know what could kill him tbh. Jason said it will be coming back, I'm curious to see what it will be capable of. Does it get reset back to base with a new user?

I'm not sure what Relic can do (I haven't been keeping up with Green Lantern) but the others for all their power will get worn down sooner or later just like the Thor's. H'el is easily the biggest threat imho, maybe he can pull some shenanigans to win? But by the end there, he was eating Odin Force blasts like whoa. Doesn't help that apparently his weapon can also consume Stars and by extension, Sunlight. Due to a lack of showings, a single stab from Gorr's weapon would also just f*ck them up. People overlook this, but his weapon was cutting and eating Thor from the inside. Which is nothing to scoff at as that is the process which the God Bomb used:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17115031/Thor_-_God_of_Thunder_009-013.jpg.html

Also, his God Bomb was built around an Elder God's heart that he ripped out but it was his black weapon that was killing every God. I'm curious as to just how powerful it can get. Imagine if someone like Thanos got his hands on it.

ares834
Team.

Supermex
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Gorr vs

Relic
H'el
First Born
Ultraman
Brutale

All DCnU... No BFR

↑↑↑↑ Golgo is that you?

Cogito
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Gorr became immortal when he merged with his weapon. Aside from the Black Berserkers, it created his planet, his son/wife, the structures of the planet and so I don't know what could kill him tbh. Jason said it will be coming back, I'm curious to see what it will be capable of. Does it get reset back to base with a new user?

I'm not sure what Relic can do (I haven't been keeping up with Green Lantern) but the others for all their power will get worn down sooner or later just like the Thor's. H'el is easily the biggest threat imho, maybe he can pull some shenanigans to win? But by the end there, he was eating Odin Force blasts like whoa. Doesn't help that apparently his weapon can also consume Stars and by extension, Sunlight. Due to a lack of showings, a single stab from Gorr's weapon would also just f*ck them up. People overlook this, but his weapon was cutting and eating Thor from the inside. Which is nothing to scoff at as that is the process which the God Bomb used:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17115031/Thor_-_God_of_Thunder_009-013.jpg.html

Also, his God Bomb was built around an Elder God's heart that he ripped out but it was his black weapon that was killing every God. I'm curious as to just how powerful it can get. Imagine if someone like Thanos got his hands on it.

You make good points, and Gorr is a very interesting character.

Ultimately I just feel he was too evenly matched by both Thor and King Thor (whom I don't feel was all that much stronger than regular Thor) for him to win against all these opponents. Even young Thor w/o Mjolnir did decently at times.

No disrespect to Gorr though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Cogito
You make good points, and Gorr is a very interesting character.

Ultimately I just feel he was too evenly matched by both Thor and King Thor (whom I don't feel was all that much stronger than regular Thor) for him to win against all these opponents. Even young Thor w/o Mjolnir did decently at times.

No disrespect to Gorr though.

I think they have a GREAT deal of power but I just don't know how they could put him down or stop him. Especially at the end when his power had grown to such a degree.

Old Thor is facing Galactus in February, so we'll get a more accurate baseline for him. Also, young Thor is nothing to sneeze at. He survived being in a Star and jumped through a black hole/wormhole unharmed, and even withstood his enchanted axe to his chest. Him occupying Gorr for a page or two is hardly a bad showing (And we saw that alone, he's no match in the issue before).

Note: I'm not taking into account Relic as I'm not sure what he can do.

Damborgson
Strictly speaking, young Thor did say King Thor "threw" the planet Gorr had created into a black hole. /shrug

if he did, that gives an idea of his strength also

Cogito
I think they have a GREAT deal of power but I just don't know how they could put him down or stop him. Especially at the end when his power had grown to such a degree.

Old Thor is facing Galactus in February, so we'll get a more accurate baseline for him. Also, young Thor is nothing to sneeze at. He survived being in a Star and jumped through a black hole/wormhole unharmed, and even withstood his enchanted axe to his chest. Him occupying Gorr for a page or two is hardly a bad showing (And we saw that alone, he's no match in the issue before).

I'm not talking about Relic either, because all of the powers he demonstrated specifically countered Lantern energy, which he developed by studying Lanterns for billions of years. I have no real reason to believe any of his tech would do anything against Gorr, especially because Red Lanterns were able to harm him to some degree (as red rings are magic-based).

I just didn't see Old King Thor do anything greater than what I believe H'el could do, ultimately. The rest of the team (sans Relic). I just think Gorr would get overwhelmed here by the numbers on the team. The Thors never really got to seriously take Gorr 3v1 because they were trying to save the Gods, destroy the bomb, and young Thor couldn't fly.

celeyhyga17

That wormhole did not look dangerous and was probably not harmful at all.

Originally posted by Damborgson
Strictly speaking, young Thor did say King Thor "threw" the planet Gorr had created into a black hole. /shrug

if he did, that gives an idea of his strength also
Dunno bout that. If anything he Thorforced the planet into a black hole.

Damborgson
Definitely a possibility.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Damborgson
Definitely a possibility.
Not unlike how he blasted Gorr to a random moon light years away.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Bump.

Curious to see how people feel that we've seen some more of Aaron's Thor.

Personally, I think Gorr would be too much (Relic aside as I'm still not sure of his capabilities), but I know I'm not completely objective.

celeyhyga17
Hahaha.. I dont even recall creating this thread..

abhilegend
Team wins.

celeyhyga17
Based off Old King Thor vs Galactus, I may have severely short changed the team.

Branlor Swift
Based off Old King Thor vs Galactus, I may have severely short changed the team. Yeah, Gorr demolishes this team.

And Relic unfortunately is completely irrelevant in any fight that isn't Lantern based.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Yeah, Gorr demolishes this team.

And Relic unfortunately is completely irrelevant in any fight that isn't Lantern based.
I guess I have taken Tony Stark's role as the Prep-Man of the Marvelites.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Team wins.
Brutaal shows that Blue Oyster reject that the dials in DC go past 10!

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
Brutaal shows that Blue Oyster reject that the dials in DC go past 10!
"God-butcher you say? Perhaps butcher of small gods from small worlds."

thumb upOriginally posted by celeyhyga17
Based off Old King Thor vs Galactus, I may have severely short changed the team.
Why? King Thor was winning when Thor force awakened until Gorr amped from the blood of slain gods.

celeyhyga17
Why? King Thor was winning when Thor force awakened until Gorr amped from the blood of slain gods.
Yeah but he also tending a whole planet full of god slaves at the same time... Not to mention he created that planet from his weapon. What can they really do to him?

abhilegend
Yeah but he also tending a whole planet full of god slaves at the same time... Not to mention he created that planet from his weapon. What can they really do to him?
Knock him out? Young Thor managed it although Gorr was less powerful, so its not out of possibility that the team can knock him out.. But using King Thor's fight with Gorr and an ALTERNATE REALITY Galactus are two very different kind of fights.

And yeah, Gorr was nowhere near Odin level. I'd say he was more like Zeus level than anything else. Remember Zeus survived an attack from Akhenten with HOTU which knocked out King Thor without getting knocked out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Knock him out? Young Thor managed it although Gorr was less powerful, so its not out of possibility that the team can knock him out.. But using King Thor's fight with Gorr and an ALTERNATE REALITY Galactus are two very different kind of fights.

And yeah, Gorr was nowhere near Odin level. I'd say he was more like Zeus level than anything else. Remember Zeus survived an attack from Akhenten with HOTU which knocked out King Thor without getting knocked out.

It's a possibility that the team can knock him out because Young Thor took out a far less powerful Gorr? How does that even make sense in your head? Heck, even by the time Young Thor fought Gorr, he had been killing entire pantheons and every type of God imaginable for a 1000 years:
http://s28.postimg.org/j414s2wwd/Thor_Zone_018.jpg

Ultimate Galactus is an alternate reality Galactus. The fight taking place in God of Thunder is the canon future as far as that book is concerned at the moment. It doesn't make it inadmissible or something.

Yes, Gorr had to be amped by further slain Gods to beat King Thor. This is a relevant distinction why? The more Gods he kills, the more powerful Gorr becomes. This team is facing the same Gorr that beat this team.

abhilegend
It's a possibility that the team can knock him out because Young Thor took out a far less powerful Gorr? How does that even make sense in your head? Heck, even by the time Young Thor fought Gorr, he had been killing entire pantheons and every type of God imaginable for a 1000 years: And he still got KTFO by a young Thor calling down lightning. Those must've been some puny gods.

And yes, if you can get knocked out by someone at less powerful, you can get knocked out by someone more powerful while you're more powerful too. I can't believe I've to tell you so.

laughing out loud

You're so desperate for feats its not even funny. Everything happening in future is an alternate reality in MU. And just because its shown at the moment doesn't makes it canon for the book, or that galactus being comparable to 616 Galactus. And yes, it makes this showing inadmissible as we don't know how powerful this Galactus is compared to 616 Galactus.

Because he wouldn't get amped by godblood in the middle of this fight just because he was amped for a single issue.

srug

Rage.Of.Olympus
And he still got KTFO by a young Thor calling down lightning. Those must've been some puny gods.

And yes, if you can get knocked out by someone at less powerful, you can get knocked out by someone more powerful while you're more powerful too. I can't believe I've to tell you so.

Yes, because there's no historical evidence supporting Thor summoning down ridiculously powerful lightning bolts. no expression

Gorr was a being who casually slaugthered every God he came across:
http://s30.postimg.org/vu6a7rxk1/Thor_Zone_018.jpg

Gods who blew up Stars and planets for fun, Gods who wrestled black holes etc. They were nameless, but this series made it clear that even canon fodder Gods were hardly weak.

Well, seeing as how Gorr survived an attack from Avenger Thor AFTER he took possession of the Necro-Sword and had two Mjolnir's I'd say your reference to his fight with Young Thor is utterly irrelevant.

Not to mention the series notes that after the fight with Young Thor in the cave, the weapon fully bonded to him and makes him immortal.

laughing out loud

You're so desperate for feats its not even funny. Everything happening in future is an alternate reality in MU. And just because its shown at the moment doesn't makes it canon for the book, or that galactus being comparable to 616 Galactus. And yes, it makes this showing inadmissible as we don't know how powerful this Galactus is compared to 616 Galactus.

Because he wouldn't get amped by godblood in the middle of this fight just because he was amped for a single issue.

srug

It might be a potential future, but at the moment of the writing of this book, it is the most relevant future.

This Galactus is no different then 616 Galactus as far as this book is concerned.

Where was it said he was amped for a single issue? The book specifies at different points that Gorr has gotten stronger over the years and becomes more powerful with the more God blood he spills.

Why would it be temporary?

abhilegend
Yes, because there's no historical evidence supporting Thor summoning down ridiculously powerful lightning bolts. no expression

Gorr was a being who casually slaugthered every God he came across:
http://s30.postimg.org/vu6a7rxk1/Thor_Zone_018.jpg

Gods who blew up Stars and planets for fun, Gods who wrestled black holes etc. They were nameless, but this series made it clear that even canon fodder Gods were hardly weak.

Well, seeing as how Gorr survived an attack from Avenger Thor AFTER he took possession of the Necro-Sword and had two Mjolnir's I'd say your reference to his fight with Young Thor is utterly irrelevant.

Not to mention the series notes that after the fight with Young Thor in the cave, the weapon fully bonded to him and makes him immortal.

It might be a potential future, but at the moment of the writing of this book, it is the most relevant future.

This Galactus is no different then 616 Galactus as far as this book is concerned.

Where was it said he was amped for a single issue? The book specifies at different points that Gorr has gotten stronger over the years and becomes more powerful with the more God blood he spills.

Why would it be temporary?
Young Thor doing so? Do tell. And I have to laugh at this notion that since Thor did so, nobody else can do it.

And couldn't beat a young Thor. Ergo, Thor is more powerful than some featless gods. You must be so proud of him.

Were any of those feats were shown? Because Aaron is using a very flowery language for this book. After all Young Thor was trapped in a cave for days and couldn't get out. That cave must've been skyfather level.

True, he was powerful. No doubt about it. But the only amp was Necrowsword, another mjolnir doesn't amps Thor.

Thor is said to be immortal in the same series, yet he actually died.

I have to see a better proof than your ultra biased Thorbaggery. As it is, its just pointless drivel from you like usual. Do you have any comparison with 616 Galactus from King Thor or such?

He was amped for a single issue when he drank the godblood against three thors. He didn't look as powerful as then.

His amp against three Thors.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Young Thor doing so? Do tell. And I have to laugh at this notion that since Thor did so, nobody else can do it.

And couldn't beat a young Thor. Ergo, Thor is more powerful than some featless gods. You must be so proud of him.

Were any of those feats were shown? Because Aaron is using a very flowery language for this book. After all Young Thor was trapped in a cave for days and couldn't get out. That cave must've been skyfather level.

Yup, in his fight with Gorr. Even Young Thor has casually summoned lightning from Mjolnir to hurt Ulik. Young Thor has crazy weather powers as noted later on in the series when he makes a firestorm on Gorr's world. Although these specific requests about Young Thor are pretty ridiculous as he only has a limited number of appearances.

Nope, but they don't need to. smile Or are you saying that narration doesn't count? But yea, doubting the power levels involved at this point is ridiculous. If Jason has proven anything, it's that his Thor stories operate on a huge scale.

What are you talking about? Young Thor was being tortured and chained by Gorr. Chains that he specifically noted no God has ever broken before, even ones as large as mountains. This blatant attempt at lowballing is hilarious though.

True, he was powerful. No doubt about it. But the only amp was Necrowsword, another mjolnir doesn't amps Thor.

Thor is said to be immortal in the same series, yet he actually died.

I have to see a better proof than your ultra biased Thorbaggery. As it is, its just pointless drivel from you like usual. Do you have any comparison with 616 Galactus from King Thor or such?

He was amped for a single issue when he drank the godblood against three thors. He didn't look as powerful as then.

His amp against three Thors.

It's an amp when he uses that second Mjolnir to shoot more lightning. And with the Necro-Sword, he'll be wielding far more power then anyone else in this thread. AND Gorr was weakened by the loss of his weapon. Yet he was still alive and conscious.

Except Thor isn't physically bonded with a weapon that can apparently create almost anything, including life.

Yes, the fight in God of Thunder #21. It is the most probable future of 616 characters as far as the comic concerned, why would we treat them any differently?

You still haven't explained to me why he would only be amped for a single issue? It has been noted in the series that his power GROWS the more God blood is spilled. That is why he is a lot more powerful in the future. Why would it be temporary?

abhilegend
Yup, in his fight with Gorr. Even Young Thor has casually summoned lightning from Mjolnir to hurt Ulik. Wow, that's so cool and Thor has summoned lightning to incinerate Ulik. Pardon me if I don't think hurting Ulik is that big of a deal. But I would like to see his battle with Ulik. That would help gauging his actual strength to a peer of Thor. And he has been compared to Thor plenty of times. So, no worries on that account.

Under such flowery language that Galactus "burn with the fire of a hundred supernovas."? I think not. Next you would ask me to believe that what Stan Lee wrote in silver age wasn't mostly hyperbole. Huge scale doesn't matter much in this case. Wonder Woman in Azzarello's run has been turned at very low level, but she is still a top tier in that book.

I was asking about the time he needed some vikings to free him from the cave. orly

Is it? Sure. Gorr's entire power came from Necro-sword. Without it, he was only an alien. So I doubt its a durability showing especially.

What are you talking about?

Because its been firmly established that going even a second in future means you're in an alternate reality and the rule applies here too?

Because he didn't show that level of power again?

iceman24567
No Superman no win no expression

LordofBrooklyn
H'el makes all the difference.

Find peace Gorr!

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Brutaal H'el makes all the difference.

Find peace Gorr!
TRUTH!

carver9
TRUTH!

What has Bruutal done to make you think he is the deciding factor in this fight?

LordofBrooklyn
TRUTH!

DAMN LIES!

celeyhyga17
H'el makes all the difference.

Find peace Gorr!
http://regmedia.co.uk/2008/01/22/you_fail.jpg

Prof. T.C McAbe
Team wins, hard.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Team wins, hard.
Ure kidding right?

LordofBrooklyn
http://regmedia.co.uk/2008/01/22/you_fail.jpg

SILENCE, whore corps lover!

zopzop
SILENCE, whore corps lover!
Go easy on him. I was once exactly like him, then I saw the light!

Hail Brutaal! pray

LordofBrooklyn

Hail H'El! pray

You are right!

It is a teachable moment.

Celey, when you are ready to cleanse yourself of the taint of Thor worship, The House of El is here to enlighten you.

celeyhyga17

Hail Brutaal! pray
No need.. Bring it son!
You are right!

It is a teachable moment.

Celey, when you are ready to cleanse yourself of the taint of Thor worship, The House of El is here to enlighten you.
Enlighten me please.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by carver9
What has Bruutal done to make you think he is the deciding factor in this fight? Have chains on his cape

Prof. T.C McAbe
Ure kidding right?

No Gorr is the most powerful here and he will kill some of them before he goes down but he will, too much force with too much speed.

LordofBrooklyn
Enlighten me please.

Gorr will not have the benefit of godly blood empowering throught the fight. H'El's performance against multiple high heralds proves he can handle Gorr.

Branlor Swift
H'El's performance against multiple high heralds proves he can handle Gorr. ...

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
No Gorr is the most powerful here and he will kill some of them before he goes down but he will, too much force with too much speed.

You will always be Batman-Prime to me... I miss the old you.weep

LordofBrooklyn

CANON!

Bow down!

Branlor Swift
CANON!

Bow down! Even so, your point is retarded.

Gorr beat the a Skyfather, a high herald, and a low one at the same time. Not sure how not beating multiple high heralds compares, but sure.

zopzop
Even so, your point is retarded.

Gorr beat the a Skyfather, a high herald, and a low one at the same time. Not sure how not beating multiple high heralds compares, but sure.
Yeah while amping off his captive god slaves.

PS I thought OKT was depleted before that Gorr fight and his power was slowly returning.

Branlor Swift
Yeah while amping off his captive god slaves.

PS I thought OKT was depleted before that Gorr fight and his power was slowly returning. That was only shown to be used to create a Serpent. And happened like 2 issues prior to his end, which would make that the most recent anyway. Unless you're stating that the Serpent returned to Gorr afterwards, which would make it again irrelevant.

Slowly returning? Where about was that stated?

Literally the first thing he did with the power had it saying it was the might of an All Father unleashed.
And he also murdered the Serpent single handily that was fueled by all those Gods Gorr had killed.

LordofBrooklyn
Even so, your point is retarded.

My point would seem "Retarded" to someone as arrogant and pompous as yourself.

Gorr was AUGMENTED throught the fight by not only the Thor's three but an entire legion of gods as well.

H'El faced all of the Super family simultaneously while all were fully powered and in their prime. He received no boost in power from them and crushed them. This places him firmly in the trans level.

Young Thor was giving Gorr fits alone causing him to dip in the well for backup.

LordofBrooklyn
Branlor can answer the following.

How many of the team's members would it take to equal the power of Young Thor and Modern Thor?

Branlor Swift
My point would seem "Retarded" to someone as arrogant and pompous as yourself.

Gorr was AUGMENTED throught the fight by not only the Thor's three but an entire legion of gods as well.

H'El faced all of the Super family simultaneously while all were fully powered and in their prime. He received no boost in power from them and crushed them. This places him firmly in the trans level.

Young Thor was giving Gorr fits alone causing him to dip in the well for backup. I don't think you should be calling anyone arrogant or pompous personally.

Gorr was augmented by the Thors?

Oh, you're talking about Superman 14, where he beat Superman, Supergirl, and Superboy... lol at Supergirl and Superboy being high heralds. And lol at that being at the same time. Superboy was already beaten one on one when Supergirl and Superman entered. H'el tricked Supergirl into thinking he was Superman so she wouldn't fight back, and Superman wasn't even finished. Superboy after Kara was down jumped on H'el's back but H'el already had his genetic code down. He never fought 3 at once, hell, he didn't even fight two at once.
But if you're placing him in the trans level you might want to rethink your argument when Gorr beat a Skyfather Thor...

Not any more so than Superman was giving fits to H'el, even less so in fact. But then you have Gorr outright beating all three of them at the actual same time instead of one on one.

Anyway, Gorr's amp was a permanent amp anyway if he amped at all. But yeah, he needed to amp because he took a full Skyfather attack that blasted him light years away. lol how pathetic right?

Branlor Swift
Branlor can answer the following.

How many of the team's members would it take to equal the power of Young Thor and Modern Thor? One or two of them equal the weakest part of the equation.

All of them together don't match King Thor.

Galan007
Based off Old King Thor vs Galactus, I may have severely short changed the team. The only thing that stops me from completely agreeing with you is the fact that the issue showcased an alternate Galactus, of whom possessed a mostly unknown/ambiguous level of power. He certainly came off as immensely powerful, what with punching OKT through the earth and into the moon and all, but nothing he did in that comic puts him remotely close to his 616 counterpart's powerlevel. That said, it's really hard to gauge the exact level of impressiveness of OKT contending with him and whatnot, imo. /shrug

Dunno, I *think* the team wins, but I think it's a marginal victory, at best.

Orrsome28
Isn't it a possible future derivative of Earth-616? I can't remember.

LordofBrooklyn
I don't think you should be calling anyone arrogant or pompous personally.

Gorr was augmented by the Thors?

Oh, you're talking about Superman 14, where he beat Superman, Supergirl, and Superboy... lol at Supergirl and Superboy being high heralds. And lol at that being at the same time. Superboy was already beaten one on one when Supergirl and Superman entered. H'el tricked Supergirl into thinking he was Superman so she wouldn't fight back, and Superman wasn't even finished. Superboy after Kara was down jumped on H'el's back but H'el already had his genetic code down. He never fought 3 at once, hell, he didn't even fight two at once.
But if you're placing him in the trans level you might want to rethink your argument when Gorr beat a Skyfather Thor...

Not any more so than Superman was giving fits to H'el, even less so in fact. But then you have Gorr outright beating all three of them at the actual same time instead of one on one.

Anyway, Gorr's amp was a permanent amp anyway if he amped at all. But yeah, he needed to amp because he took a full Skyfather attack that blasted him light years away. lol how pathetic right?

A few things.

The nature of Gorr's power meant that everytime he impaled the Thor's he was replenished and/or augmented. That is not a luxury he will have against any of the combatants here.

The 2 lesser Thor's are slower than everyone on the team with the exception of one. Their invulnerability is superior to Young Thor and Modern Thor as well.

H'El is trans level. Period.

Ultraman is above herald at the peak of his Kryptonite high.

The remaining members of the team have enough power to diminish Gorr while not allowing him to boost off of them.

The extent of King Thor's power is dubious as well. The Thor Corps readily admit this.

Epicurus
Yes, the fight in God of Thunder #21. It is the most probable future of 616 characters as far as the comic concerned, why would we treat them any differently?
Not sure what you're trying to prove here. Every future shown in every comic revolving around future timelines is supposed to be the most probable future as far as that comic is concerned. Doesn't make it any less alternate.

Sorry but that's how the MU is supposed to work; future timelines shown in present-day storylines are What If lite alternate derivatives of 616. That's the way things used to work, that's the way things currently work, and that's the way things will continue to work for the foreseeable future.

Bentley
H'El is trans level.

Of the lowest kind.

Period.

Insane Titan
Team loses

Branlor Swift
A few things.

The nature of Gorr's power meant that everytime he impaled the Thor's he was replenished and/or augmented. That is not a luxury he will have against any of the combatants here.

The 2 lesser Thor's are slower than everyone on the team with the exception of one. Their invulnerability is superior to Young Thor and Modern Thor as well.

H'El is trans level. Period.

Ultraman is above herald at the peak of his Kryptonite high.

The remaining members of the team have enough power to diminish Gorr while not allowing him to boost off of them.

The extent of King Thor's power is dubious as well. The Thor Corps readily admit this. Show him being replenished or amped in the fight with the Thors from the Thors. Even an implication that it was happening.

King Thor and normal Thor were traveling light years in seconds in that fight. Show anyone on the team traveling that fast. And the funny thing is Gorr was able to tag them moving that fast with thrown pieces of the moon. If he can tag them moving that quick with objects he can tag any of these beings that lack any real speed feat.

Which is still below King Thor. And I never disputed that. I just said your assessment of H'el's fight was way off. It was less impressive by far than Gorr's. And it wasn't three on one nor was it even against three high heralds.
Your refusal to go against anything I stated about H'el tells the story.

So now Ultraman is allowed to be used at his highest off a temporary outside amp, but Gorr isn't allowed to be used off his permanent outside amp? What kind of horseshit is that?
And what the hell has Ultraman even done at his peak to show he's above herald level anyway? The guy has like 2 on panel feats.

Show Gorr ever being diminished. While you defend Ultraman needing to amp himself after one fight...

The "Thor Corps" also have a severe lack of proof. Their opinion is formed purely to only make Thor's highest seem better since he is "always" weakened. Never stated however, and more proof is on him being at full power or at the very least operating at a high level than him being weakened. I could requote my last discussion of this to you and you could continue from there if you'd like. smile
Either way, King Thor was able to blast Gorr light years. Kill the serpent fueled by many murdered Gods. Throw a planet into a black hole. Bring Thor back to life. Wrestle with Gorr long enough for Thor to absorb the God Bomb. And send everyone back to their own universe/timeline in that arc. Then the Galactus fight which showed power beyond anyone here.
That's also if we assume he's a different King Thor than the Reigning One. Who effortlessly got rid of 616 King Thor, killed Desak Destroyer. Stopped time, destroyed adamantium/Cap's shield with eye blasts, etc.

But yes, how couldn't Ultraman and H'el compare?

maxivitopowe
"God-butcher you say? Perhaps butcher of small gods from small worlds."

I don't get this

Not only is Thor a guardian of earth

He is also the heir to one if the most powerful thrones in the galaxy/universe (?)

Yet Superman is also a named guardian, but what else does he have?

A shrunken city and an asteroid field somewhere in the depths off space?

Tony Stark
Gorr

Orrsome28
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
I don't get this

He is also the heir to one if the most powerful thrones in the galaxy/universe (?)

Abhi never misses an opportunity to reduce Thor to the godawful Superman quote from a crossover equal parts stupid and predictable, or in this case an uninspired derivation of said quote. Wherever Thor is mentioned, there too is Abhi, ever steadfast, making sure everyone knows just how little he thinks of the character, if only to prop other characters up. There are many uncertain things in life- this is not among them.

cdtm

Because its been firmly established that going even a second in future means you're in an alternate reality and the rule applies here too?

Even The Reigning Thor is treated as an "alternate Thor", despite 616 Thor having memories of the event.

Which is why I hate Marvel time travel stories. That's one point where DC is less convoluted than Marvel, and you get to say Darkseid took over the world in Rock of Ages, and Orion built a genesis bomb that reset the universe, instead of writing the event off as some alternate universe versions with radically different power levels..

abhilegend
I don't get this

A shrunken city and an asteroid field somewhere in the depths off space? Originally posted by Orrsome28
Abhi never misses an opportunity to reduce Thor to the godawful Superman quote from a crossover equal parts stupid and predictable, or in this case an uninspired derivation of said quote. Wherever Thor is mentioned, there too is Abhi, ever steadfast, making sure everyone knows just how little he thinks of the character, if only to prop other characters up. There are many uncertain things in life- this is not among them.
Ease up. It was a joke.

srug

Orrsome28
Ease up. It was a joke.

srug

I always take it easy. I'm chill as.

cool

Bentley
Ease up. It was a joke.

srug

I also say that "small god" quote from time to time, it's one of the funniest thrash talks I've read from a comicbook.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Bentley
Of the lowest kind.

That still places H'El firmly above both Thors.

LordofBrooklyn

I suggest you be very, VERY, careful about your statements in the future!

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
You will always be Batman-Prime to me... I miss the old you.weep

You don't agree with me? Don't worry, my split personality has still enough Batman-Prime inside ^^.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Galan007
The only thing that stops me from completely agreeing with you is the fact that the issue showcased an alternate Galactus, of whom possessed a mostly unknown/ambiguous level of power. He certainly came off as immensely powerful, what with punching OKT through the earth and into the moon and all, but nothing he did in that comic puts him remotely close to his 616 counterpart's powerlevel. That said, it's really hard to gauge the exact level of impressiveness of OKT contending with him and whatnot, imo. /shrug

Dunno, I *think* the team wins, but I think it's a marginal victory, at best.
I understand this Galactus is lacking in feats, but he still is a "Galactus". He's a being that contained "the molten energies of a thousand worlds" as was shown in his battle with OKT. The fact that he KO'd the fukk out of OKT speaks volumes. And we all know what Gorr did to OKT along with Avenger Thor and Yong Thor..

maxivitopowe
I suggest you be very, VERY, careful about your statements in the future!

I owe no loyalty to this "House" that you dare command me

I belong to a more noble faction
One where we know true loss and know it deep
Not this piddling alien emotion

Sin I AM

Of what house do u speak

Orrsome28
I understand this Galactus is lacking in feats, but he still is a "Galactus". He's a being that contained "the molten energies of a thousand worlds" as was shown in his battle with OKT. The fact that he KO'd the fukk out of OKT speaks volumes. And we all know what Gorr did to OKT along with Avenger Thor and Yong Thor..

If its a future derivation of 616 then should it not stand to reason that the only thing different about this 'alternate' Galactus is his age and experiences?

maxivitopowe
My House
It is that of one, built on a foundation of loss
Where though we may yearn for it
We know that to give up
Would be to make every sacrifice we have made null and void
it would mean to lose the respect off much exulted elders
As their sacrifice would mean nothing
And their last words, now our motto, will rung dull on uncaring ears
Our motto, you ask
As it is within our power
It is within our responsibility

LordofBrooklyn

ALL kneel before The House of El!

Orrsome28
ALL kneel before The House of El!

I say thee nay, villain!

cdtm
Originally posted by Orrsome28
If its a future derivation of 616 then should it not stand to reason that the only thing different about this 'alternate' Galactus is his age and experiences?

Not with other future derivatives out there, like the Charnal-Verse where future Logan broke off a claw on Minion.. Or the future timeline where Genis-Vell marries Songbird and has a kid who he smothers in its crib..

All the time travel abuse, not to mention the What If's, made it necessary for Marvel to declare ALL alternate timelines as "not 616".

Orrsome28
Originally posted by cdtm
Not with other future derivatives out there, like the Charnal-Verse where future Logan broke off a claw on Minion.. Or the future timeline where Genis-Vell marries Songbird and has a kid who he smothers in its crib..

All the time travel abuse, not to mention the What If's, made it necessary for Marvel to declare ALL alternate timelines as "not 616".

That fact isn't lost on me. However, all alternate futures/timelines/realities/universes, whichever you want to call it, have an origin point. Somewhere in the 616 a decision was made or an event happened that made this alternate future possible. It's therefor a derivative of the main continuity. I don't see why we should treat this particular instance differently on an as of yet baseless assumption that because it's not the 'main' timeline the characters involved must somehow be significantly different or possess an ambiguous level of power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.