Mr. Majestic vs. Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
1. H2h only
2. Majestic gets his blades & BRB gets his hammer
3. Majestic at his best w/ blades vs. BRB w/ stormbreaker & mjoinir

Who wins?

Galan007
Majestic.
Majestic.
Assuming an additional Mjolnir doubles his overall output, Bill should win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by byrdgang21
1. H2h only
2. Majestic gets his blades & BRB gets his hammer
3. Majestic at his best w/ blades vs. BRB w/ stormbreaker & mjoinir

Who wins?

1) Majestic is faster but Bill is more durable. Strength is a wash I guess. Bill's fight with Thor was a better pure hand to hand fight showing then I've seen from Majestic. This is assuming no flight so I guess split.
2) People seem to always confuse his Kheran Swords with the Creation Blades. The Creation Blades are uber against energy but his warblades are just very sharp. They haven't shown the ability to stand up to something like Stormbreaker and slicing and dicing won't hamper Bill's current cyborg body like it would other Top Tiers.
3) Bill but the dynamic of the fight doesn't really change from the second.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
Majestic.
Majestic.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
2) People seem to always confuse his Kheran Swords with the Creation Blades. The Creation Blades are uber against energy but his warblades are just very sharp. His blades are sharp enough to cut/absorb energy attacks, you mean?
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17118462_Captain_AtomArmageddon4-016.jpg

If so, I agree. thumb up

zopzop
1) Split
2) Bill
3) Bill

Rage.Of.Olympus
His blades are sharp enough to cut/absorb energy attacks, you mean?
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17118462_Captain_AtomArmageddon4-016.jpg

If so, I agree. thumb up

But....those aren't his weapons so I don't understand why that's relevant?

The Kusar blades are the ones from Majestic's armory unless I'm mistaken and the ones he's used most:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121229220430/marvel_dc/images/e/e2/Kusar_Blade_001.jpg

I don't remember them blocking energy. During the end of the world, he used a giant morphing sword that blocked an energy blast but that was like for one appearances.

I could see him using the sword to block an energy attack or two, but what the hell are those swords going to do if Bill unleashes on him like Stardust? Not to mention that they haven't stood up to anything this powerful.

Galan007
But....those aren't his weapons so I don't understand why that's relevant? Same blades crafted by the same people.

but what the hell are those swords going to do if Bill unleashes on him like Stardust? l. That's where nanosecond-by-nanosecond speed would come in handy. smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
Same blades crafted by the same people.

That's where nanosecond-by-nanosecond speed would come in handy. smile

But those blades were specifically designed to absorb heat while the tradeoff is that they aren't as sharp as the Kusar blades. That's like saying any weapon forged by Asgard is Mjolnir level.

Bill's reflexes have proven to be apt enough to be able to tag Majestic with attacks. Not to mention that's not how he really fights.

Galan007
But those blades were specifically designed to absorb heat while the tradeoff is that they aren't as sharp as the Kusar blades. That's like saying any weapon forged by Asgard is Mjolnir level. Nemesis noted that her Kusar was designed by Kherubim masters(Nemesis and Majestic are Kherubim/Kheran themselves if you didn't know that) to "shave the rough edges off an electron", so I'd say it was about as sharp as something can be.

Majestic also noted that his arsenal of Kusars were crafted by "his race"(ie. Kherubim masters)-- and he made it quite clear that they were ALL created for a single purpose(which implies that they are all relatively equal):
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17118525_majestic07-17.jpg
Aside from that, Majestic was Kherubim royalty. His Kusars would have logically been the best of the best.

Anyway, even if you don't like using Nemesis' blade-feat as evidence pertaining to what Kusars are capable of(which is silly, imo), Majestic's personal swords were still capable of easily cutting Majestic himself, flaying Spartan(/w/ Void) AND blocking his attacks... So any way you cut it(hyuck hyuck) they're still definitely sharp enough to decapitate Bill without any problem whatsoever.

Bill's reflexes have proven to be more apt enough to be able to tag Majestic with attacks. Not to mention that's not how he really fights. And you believe Bill always fights like that? Hm, interesting.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nemesis noted that her Kusar was designed by Kherubim masters(Nemesis and Majestic are Kherubim/Kheran themselves if you didn't know that) to "shave the rough edges off an electron", so I'd say it was about as sharp as something can be.

Majestic also noted that his arsenal of Kusars were crafted by "his race"(ie. Kherubim masters)-- and he made it quite clear that they were ALL created for a single purpose(which implies that they are all relatively equal):
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17118525_majestic07-17.jpg
Aside from that, Majestic was Kherubim royalty. His Kusars would have logically been the best of the best.

Anyway, even if you don't like using Nemesis' blade-feat as evidence pertaining to what Kusars are capable of(which is silly, imo),

That's a lot of words to just confirm my original point. If you want to make an educated that's fine but we've seen that Kherubim blades can be modified in different ways (Also confirmed by your scan) so assuming that they are all equal is just faulty reasoning.

And this isn't about which swords are the "best". Like I said, Zealot's swords are apparently not as sharp as Majestics but were designed specifically to absorb heat.

Majestic's personal swords were still capable of easily cutting Majestic himself, flaying Spartan(/w/ Void) AND blocking his attacks... So any way you cut it(hyuck hyuck) they're still definitely sharp enough to decapitate Bill without any problem whatsoever.

I did say they were sharp, didn't I? When did the blades block Spartan's attacks? He only brought them out when he was restrained.

Decapitate Bill? Based on what? They broke through Majestic's skin which is cool but that is a far cry from removing a head. And Spartan's body even with the main consciousness inside is nowhere near as durable as Bill in that timeline. Even Majestic was punching holes in him.

And you believe Bill always fights like that? Hm, interesting.

Not always but if you think that was a bit too high end then fine, pick a more average showing. But Bill has definitely used energy attacks far more often then Majestic has zoomed around dodging attacks by the nanosecond.

Throw in the fact that Bill's energy attacks are far more dangerous to Majestic due to his relatively mediocre energy resistance then speed would be to Bill based on what I've seen, then I think he wins.

As a matter of fact, when has Majestic ever used his speed to dodge an attack in the way you suggested? I'm not even messing with you, that's a legit question as I'm curious.

leonidas
^i'm actually just curious myself--do you believe the swords would fail to decapitate bill for some reason if the opportunity presented itself? or is it just because you've never seen them decapitate a being of bill's level? would you say majestic's blades are LESS capable of cutting something than ironman's energy blade which easily cut through worthy gargoyle? i'm not picking at you here, i'm actually curious.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by leonidas
^i'm actually just curious myself--do you believe the swords would fail to decapitate bill for some reason if the opportunity presented itself? or is it just because you've never seen them decapitate a being of bill's level? would you say majestic's blades are LESS capable of cutting something than ironman's energy blade which easily cut through worthy gargoyle? i'm not picking at you here, i'm actually curious.

Well, we haven't seen them do something of this sort to someone on Bill's level and I'm not one to assign capabilities to something that we've never seen. I personally wouldn't be surprised if they could but a clean decapitation in a fight no less? That's silly. I think it would at least take some hacking away as Bill would be fighting back.

I mean, is it really so unreasonable to expect taking off a head to be more difficult then drawing blood from a finger? We've seen Warblades slash Majestic as well but I don't think they could decapitate Bill either.

If this is an execution and Bill is lying limp on a slab, maybe, but that's a whole different animal. I personally think it's pretty notable that in the entire time I've read Wildstorm, not once have I seen any of the blades (The various Kheribum forged swords running around) take off a limb much less a head of someone on the level of Beta Ray Bill.

And I don't think it's an unreasonable request. Thor in like his first fight wielding the blood axe got down to business:
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/RageOfTheGod/media/Thor/King%20Thor/DefeatsPerrikus5.jpg.html
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/RageOfTheGod/media/Thor/King%20Thor/DefeatsPerrikus6.jpg.html

Galan007
but were designed specifically to absorb heat. "And shave the rough edges off an electron." Not sure why you think it is any less sharp than Majestic's Kusars, but I guess it really doesn't matter. smile

When did the blades block Spartan's attacks? When he fought Spartan+Nemesis+Maul, etc.

Decapitate Bill? Based on what? They broke through Majestic's skin which is cool but that is a far cry from removing a head. Majestic is, by all accounts, Superman-level across the board-- yet the simple act of him lightly touching the Kusar blade cut his finger open. That said, if you don't think a full-fledged slash from a sword THAT sharp, delivered by a guy strong enough to physically move planets with ease, is sufficient to cleave-off Bill's head, then you have a MUCH higher opinion of his durability then I do. Frankly, I'm curious what piercing/cutting-resistance feats Bill has which led you to that conclusion..?

Not alwaysNot always, is right.

Throw in the fact that Bill's energy attacks are far more dangerous to Majestic due to his relatively mediocre energy resistance then speed would be to Bill based on what I've seen, then I think he wins. Mediocre energy resistance, eh? Tanking Spartan /w/ Void-power and Fortress Mode Eradicator detonating in his face is mediocre, iyo? Interesting.

Listen, I don't care if you think Bill wins. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But let's not start trying to downplay Majestic just to make Bill look better. I could do the same to Bill, but there is no reason to.

As a matter of fact, when has Majestic ever used his speed to dodge an attack in the way you suggested? The only time he really 'needed' that type of perception/reaction speed was to counter Spartan's teleportation melee-- which he did. He's also shown the ability to perceive/process information on that level a few other times, but those would be secondary. Point is: he can think, he can perceive, and he can react at those speeds. If a head-on assault wasn't working very well against Bill, Majestic would use his speed-edge, just like he did with Spartan-- especially in a forum/PIS-free battle. Unlike Superman, Majestic is a HIGHLY trained tactical leader who isn't afraid to hurt or kill his opponents-- he actually uses his powers efficiently in battle.

Out of curiosity, what's stopping Majestic from interfering with Bill's cybernetic programming via HV, similar to this?:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17118786/Majestic_1_of_4-16.jpg.html
...Or are you one of those people who thinks Stormbreaker prevents Bill from ever getting hit by anything, ever?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Galan007

ares834
Majestic.
Majestic.

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus

Galan007

Rage.Of.Olympus

leonidas
@rage. you mentioned there was an instance where the blades were broken--do you happen to know where that is? what IS the relative strength of the blades? i ask cuz i don't recall seeing them broken, and always assumed they were uber durable--enough to block high end energy anyway, or cut it away (galan showed that scan i think....?)

i'm still not getting why you think lopping off a limb would be something beyond the blade. i don't think you believe the blade would....break? before it completed its cut, do you? so, what exactly would impede its progress? not lack of strength, obviously, or speed. its edge is uber sharp--sharper than say, logan's claws? if the electron comment was NOT hyperbole (maybe you think it was?) then the blades are likely SHARPER than logan's claws (or at the very least AS SHARP). i think if we gave maj loagn's claws, and extended them by 2ft, he could certainly cut off bill's head with them. i get you've never seen the blades do it, but that doesn't mean they would be incapable of doing so. i guess i'm just not getting exactly the WHY you think the blades would fail. i'm also curious--which do you feel is more likely--bill would use his speed to DEFEND against maj's speed, or maj's speed would prove too great for bill to counter. i'm thinking that most think thor/superman could go either way, or is at least pretty dern close. i wonder how people would view it if supes were given a blade that can shave electrons and was uber durable? surely the blades would add wins to the superman camp, no?

Galan007

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.