Deadpool Versus Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
Frustrated at the impenetrable plot armor of Link, Ganondorf decides to outsource his troubles, hiring Wade Wilson to try and assassinate the pointy eared cross dresser. Wade gets a fortnight of prep, which includes playing every single Legend of Zelda game and reading a copy of the Hyrule Historia.

Since there are three timelines, 'dorf gives Wade three chances to end this nuisance once and for all.

Round 1: Link of the Adult Timeline: Spirit Tracks

Round 2: Link of the Child Timeline: Twilight Princess

Round 3: Link of the Downfall Timeline: A Link Between Worlds

Success or failure, Wade regenerates to full and restocks before moving to the next target. Does the Merc with a Mouth get to dance atop a mountain of rupees?

ares834
Can't think of a way for Link to put Deadpool down TBH. His healing-factor puts even Wolverine's to shame.

Danny Wayne
Deadpool wins

The Scenario
Originally posted by ares834
Can't think of a way for Link to put Deadpool down TBH. His healing-factor puts even Wolverine's to shame.

Link Between Worlds Link can pull a "freeze and shatter" with the Ice Rod.

Would that do it?

ScreamPaste
TP and ALBW both permakill him with Fi. erm

ares834
lol no

Originally posted by The Scenario
Link Between Worlds Link can pull a "freeze and shatter" with the Ice Rod.

Would that do it?

He has regenerated from a nuke before. So it wouldn't kill him. Maybe enough to incapacitate him long enough for a win though.

ScreamPaste
Any of them could incapacitate him just by setting something heavy enough on him, the difference being the two with the Master Sword can actually permakill him.

The TP Link fight is such a complete rapestomp it's ridiculous. haermm

ares834
I know. Poor Link doesn't have a chance.

ScreamPaste
Are you high or just trolling? stick out tongue

Danny Wayne
Deadpool regenerated from Wolverines claws, getting his head ripped off, and an atomic bomb .

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Danny Wayne
Deadpool regenerated from Wolverines claws, getting his head ripped off, and an atomic bomb .
None of which have anything to do with Fi. I fully expect Deadpool to be able to regenerate, it's kind of his superpower. Know who else would bounce back from all of that? Ganondorf.

Marvel healing factors don't traditionally fare well against magic weapons that can kill immortals. Cough. Link with the Master Sword can actually kill Wade. Wade has no way of harming TP Link, and any of them can just bury him for the win.

Danny Wayne
He can fantasy fight, teleport behind link bust out a rpg and fire.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Danny Wayne
He can fantasy fight, teleport behind link bust out a rpg and fire. Stronger enemies have tried. Link stabbed them.

Danny Wayne
Deadpool rpg for the win

ScreamPaste
An RPG to the face would do literally nothing to TP Link, how much it would effect the other two is more arguable, but they could easily avoid or block it anyway.

Deadpool is outmatched in every stat minus regen here, which the Master Sword will deny him. He's going to die.

Danny Wayne
Nope Deadpool won't

ScreamPaste
Do you have any actual argument for how he's going to overcome Link? It seems you're not too knowledgable about Deadpool's opposition here.

"Nope" in the face of a herald level weapon that kills immortals isn't quite enough.

Edit: Wait a godamn second, are you another battlemaster/IAV/FF/sacred108 sock?

Danny Wayne
Atomic bomb, wolverines claws, hulks anger issues, and I do believe thors hammer he has survived all of this.

ScreamPaste
He regen'd. Fi won't let him do that. Wade is not the first immortal she's met.

Also, none of that tells me how you actually plan for him to fight, just why you think he'll survive. What's he actually going to do against a character as durable as TP Link? Expend all his ammo, make some fourth wall breaking remark about how much what's about to happen to him is going to hurt and then get swatted?

Danny Wayne
Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Edit: Wait a godamn second, are you another battlemaster/IAV/FF/sacred108 sock? who is IAV, and FF.

COG Veteran

Edit: Wait a godamn second, are you another battlemaster/IAV/FF/sacred108 sock?

Lol, was thinking the same thing.

ares834
Link with the Master Sword can actually kill Wade.

Why? Because it can kill Ganon?

The thing is Deadpool's "immortality" is entirely different from Ganon's. After all, Deadpool himself isn't technically immortal but rather he can survive from being only a fragment of his body like a starfish.

ScreamPaste

The thing is Deadpool's "immortality" is entirely different from Ganon's. After all, Deadpool himself isn't technically immortal but rather he can survive from being only a fragment of his body like a starfish. And others.

Ganondorf doesn't need a body at all, Deadpool's is all he has.

Sacred 117

The thing is Deadpool's "immortality" is entirely different from Ganon's. After all, Deadpool himself isn't technically immortal but rather he can survive from being only a fragment of his body like a starfish.

Dead pool has Type 3 immortality, which, in his case, is entirely biological.

Ganondorf has... Type 4, I believe? Ganondorf is more diificult to overcome, but Fi and Link made it happen.

ares834
And others.

Ganondorf doesn't need a body at all, Deadpool's is all he has.

Thanks for proving my point. They have entirely different types of immortality.

ScreamPaste
He didn't prove your point at all. What protects Wade from the Master Sword, exactly? Nothing. He gun' get smote.

XanatosForever
Remember folks, Wade gets two weeks of prep time in Marvel U before taking on the Links, and he'll have intimate knowledge of their weapons, abilities, and skill. He's not going in blind and, while he may be insane, Deadpool is not stupid.

ares834
He didn't prove your point at all. What protects Wade from the Master Sword, exactly? Nothing. He gun' get smote.

Sure, and he regens...

ScreamPaste
Sure, and he regens... I'd really like to see you support that he could regen from being killed by the Master Sword. It's not even necessary for Link to win, it just makes it way easier.

ares834
I'd really like to see you support that he could regen from being killed by the Master Sword. It's not even necessary for Link to win, it just makes it way easier.

Master Sword isn't going to kill him though. As both you and I have claimed Ganon's immortality works entirely different from Deadpool's.

ScreamPaste
Master Sword isn't going to kill him though. As both you and I have claimed Ganon's immortality works entirely different from Deadpool's. You're misusing my words, don't do that, it's simultaneously rude and dishonest.

Ganondorf doesn't need a body at all. Ganondorf is not the only immortal the sword has taken down. Healing factors in marvel U do not fare well against weapons for killing immortals. If Fi smites Wade he has no defense, he will simply die.

ares834
You're misusing my words, don't do that, it's simultaneously rude and dishonest.

Except, you did state such a thing. You pointed out a difference in their immortality.

Healing factors in marvel U do not fare well against weapons for killing immortals.

Where?

If Fi smites Wade he has no defense, he will simply die.

Certainly haven't seen the evidence for it doing so.

ScreamPaste
Muramasa blade.

The evidence for The Master Sword smiting a legitimate psychotic who has killed and maimed bystanders? no expression Dude wat? haermm

ares834
Fair enough on the Muramasa blade. But then it has some unique property of somehow stopping things from regenerating.

Uh, what? As I've stated again and again that Deadpool's immortality is different. He is not technically an immortal being like Ganon rather a "fatal wound" is more like a flesh wound to him. Beyond that, Deadpool is not evil but rather a neutral character.

ScreamPaste
And the Master Sword has the unique property of killing things especially dead. uhuh

Different in a way that makes no difference, dead is dead. He has no defense against a legitimate smite. He'd need defense of some sort before this could really be discussed because the ability is established.

Also, he might be considered Neutral for the Marvel U, but he's seriously injured innocents multiple times, and Fi's the one who gets to decide, it's also established she can effect things that aren't evil, anyway.

In the end though this is really a odd point to be stuck on since Link wouldn't lose without the sword anyway. Wade's regen isn't fast enough to prevent dismemberment and he has been dismembered on panel several times, it takes a while for limbs to grow back.

XanatosForever
So you really think Deadpool has no chance, Scream? Even with the the time for prep? I'd like you to really consider it. Personally, I think he does.

sacred108
Ignore

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by XanatosForever
So you really think Deadpool has no chance, Scream? Even with the the time for prep? I'd like you to really consider it. Personally, I think he does. Frankly he doesn't typically have access to the kinds of things he'd need to pull this off. Short of him talking another character with better prep or equipment available and them actually giving him something nifty he's going to get boinked. shrug

XanatosForever
So not even having intimate knowledge from the games and Historia will do him any good? haermm Damn, and here I thought I'd actually come up with something clever.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by XanatosForever
So not even having intimate knowledge from the games and Historia will do him any good? haermm Damn, and here I thought I'd actually come up with something clever. Well that might help, but his standard armament isn't going to be too useful, he lacks the necessary physical stats to hang in the fight long enough to use things more complicated. His HF takes significant amounts of time if an entire body part is removed. I dunno, I'd need someone to point out something he could do with prep that would be effective before I could really consider it, but off the top of my head, I can't imagine many useful options.

Meh. I'm also focusing largely on TP Link when I say that since I haven't finished Spirit Tracks and ALBW is all implied power, with feats being a bit sparse.

Wei Phoenix
THere's a lot he could do with two weeks time. Get a vibranium suit, steal the Muramasa blade itself call in favors from his numerous contacts and friends. He heals as fast as he needs to. Cut his body into pieces and he'll come back in seconds.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
THere's a lot he could do with two weeks time. Get a vibranium suit, steal the Muramasa blade itself call in favors from his numerous contacts and friends. He heals as fast as he needs to. Cut his body into pieces and he'll come back in seconds.
He's gonna steal the muramasa blade from the X men, throw together an entire suit of Vibranium in two weeks? Not seeing it, lol.

Also only the second would be of any real help here, and his HF isn't going to put him back together if Fi outright destroys him for being kind of a dick.

sacred108
Fi the master sword and destroyer of dicks.

Wei Phoenix
He could just ask for it, and the X-Men don't watch over that blade. He wouldn't have to fight the whole team. HE could just ask, not like they don't owe him or have a relationship with him. How long do you think it takes to make a suit of Vibranium, pretty sure he could just get one from Black Panther himself. There are plenty of other options for him as well in the MU.

You have to prove that Fi is stronger than Thanos.

sacred108
I was referring to quan chi.

ScreamPaste
He could just ask for it, and the X-Men don't watch over that blade. He wouldn't have to fight the whole team. HE could just ask, not like they don't owe him or have a relationship with him. How long do you think it takes to make a suit of Vibranium, pretty sure he could just get one from Black Panther himself. There are plenty of other options for him as well in the MU.

You have to prove that Fi is stronger than Thanos. Scott would just hand it over to Deadpool? And again, not all that useful here.

Vibranium suit could help his durability problems but again, I don't see him getting one. That shit doesn't grow on trees and no one responsible would give one to Deadpool, besides which point isn't BP Dead right now?

And why exactly would I have to do that?

Wei Phoenix
Scott would just hand it over to Deadpool? And again, not all that useful here.

Vibranium suit could help his durability problems but again, I don't see him getting one. That shit doesn't grow on trees and no one responsible would give one to Deadpool, besides which point isn't BP Dead right now?

And why exactly would I have to do that?

Not like him or Wolverine doesn't owe him. So the blade that can kill Hulk or even Wolverine for that matter isn't doing anything to Link?

Link isn't cutting anything if he's wearing a vibranium suit. It T'Challa is dead then he'll ask Shuri. He fought for them, infiltrated Latveria and distracted Doom for them when he was waging war on Wakanda and killing countless Wakanda citizens. Do you really think they're going to tell one of the people who helped them in their darkest hour that they won't help him?

Because Wade isn't dying to a sword that's not above Thanos.

Wade could also go to Death and ask for a little boost and I'm sure she'd happily do it for him and she can directly prevent him from dying.

He could get Pym particles and use them on him or Link to grow or shrink. He could teleport Link off of the battlefield, send him to the negative zone. There's plenty he can do within two weeks if you've got the imagination.

ScreamPaste
Not without hitting him, no. Wade trying to engage Link in melee is suicide. He's much slower and badly outclassed.

By giving him a Vibranium suit? Why doesn't he have one, then? Why can I not recall any instance of him having a vibranium suit?

Elaborate on that point. Why is Thanos at all important here, explain in detail why you don't believe Fi can, using an established power she has, smite him.

So now Wade's going to get help from an abstract? haermm

No offense, Wei, but you're not even trying to use Deadpool, you're trying to use other characters because they 'owe' him. Despite the fact that many of them know full well he's an unstable psychotic who harms innocents, and happen to be responsible individuals. If he gets Death to make him unkillable then I suppose Link goes back to burying him, but that is all the difference it makes, and that, again, is not a realistic scenario.

"With prep" does not mean "With the marvel universe in his pocket". He's had prep time before and never done the things you suggest.

Wei Phoenix
Not without hitting him, no. Wade trying to engage Link in melee is suicide. He's much slower and badly outclassed.

By giving him a Vibranium suit? Why doesn't he have one, then? Why can I not recall any instance of him having a vibranium suit?

Elaborate on that point. Why is Thanos at all important here, explain in detail why you don't believe Fi can, using an established power she has, smite him.

So now Wade's going to get help from an abstract? haermm

No offense, Wei, but you're not even trying to use Deadpool, you're trying to use other characters because they 'owe' him. Despite the fact that many of them know full well he's an unstable psychotic who harms innocents, and happen to be responsible individuals. If he gets Death to make him unkillable then I suppose Link goes back to burying him, but that is all the difference it makes, and that, again, is not a realistic scenario.

"With prep" does not mean "With the marvel universe in his pocket". He's had prep time before and never done the things you suggest.

Wade's hit people faster than Link.

He doesn't have a Vibranium suit because he's never needed or wanted one. He's given prep here and knows his opponent intimately, a vibranium suit would help give him a win here. A vibranium means he's not getting getting cut.

He's cursed with immortality, if by smite you mean kill then it's not happening. That's why I said it'd have to override Thanos' curse/enchantment and for that to happen it has to be proven that it's stronger than Thanos.

With two weeks getting help from an abstract that has feelings for him and he likes her too? Yeah it's possible.

I'm making him use his resources, he gets two weeks of prep, doesn't say that he has to spend those two weeks alone. If you know people are coming to kill you and you have no guns, will you not go to your friend who stays strapped? It's common sense, there's technology at his disposal. Deadpool has harmed innocents sure but his heart is good, he does what's right and fought many times to prove that he's not a monster. If he was such an unstable psychopath as you claim then they would've done something about him by now. They wouldn't do anything with him. He'd be someone that's wanted dead or alive. Deadpool, last time I checked could walk in any government or SHIELD building without being treated as a hostile. Shuri will help him and lend him Vibranium. Wakanda is rich in vibranium, they won't miss that small amount to tailor him a suit. You come to someone when their backs are at the wall and their people are dying and you help them then of course they are going to return the favor.

He's already unkillable, I was saying that she simply makes him her champion like she did Thanos.

I don't see how he's getting buried anywhere when he can teleport, he's unpredictable so it's not like Link is going to Taskmaster his style or moves. The strategies I suggested can be done within two weeks and they are all logical things that can happen when there's no plot involved.

ScreamPaste
And Deathstroke has tagged Flash, PIS. In a fight without plot he'll never land a blow against someone who makes him look like a statue. Thank you, this is what I was looking for.

Alright, now this can actually be discussed.

As for the rest: Deadpool has a free morality license because he's crazy and zany, but his antics can be destructive, it's just overlooked.

There's a difference between not prepping alone, and doing things that are completely bonkers that the character has never done, wanted to do, or should have done in the past when they were in a tight spot. If Death felt like messing with his mortality why not make him mortal since he wanted that?

If he was going to be her champion she would've already done that, too.

It'll take more than two weeks for him to get enough shit together to take Link down, the things he actually goes for when he has prep aren't going to do it, and the things that you want for him aren't available just because he asked nicely so that, on his word alone, he can teleport to another world to fight a hero who wears green and has pointy ears.

Even barring actually killing Wade, Wade's out of his league here.

Wei Phoenix
Deathstroke and Flash have nothing to do with this. Did you even read the issue where Deathstroke hit Flash? Do you know everything that has happened between them? How is Deadpool a statue? He fights people above Link, he keeps up with people who have dodged lightning, he's been surrounded by numerous agents and shot with machine gun fire and danced around dodging every bullet from all angles. He's not slow, he's reacted and taken people down faster than they can blink.

His antics aren't overlooked, they speak up when he messes up or hurts someone. They even stated this point in numerous issues. "No matter how much good you do they'll always see you as a monster and remember the bad."

When has Link ever broken a piece of wall off of a building and used it to crush someone or bury them? When should have Wade ever asked for Vibranium before?

He only wanted to die once so he could be with Death and that whole arc showed how smart and tactful he could be. Turns out that the one thing that was supposed to kill him, couldn't kill him or disable him permanently. The longer he's alive and on Earth doing his thing the more she'll be pleased when he comes to her in my opinion.

He never asked, can you prove that she wouldn't do it if he asked?

It wouldn't take two weeks to get any of the stuff I suggested, hell he could get LMD's and have 100 Deadpool's out there firing uzis with adamantium bullets and ripping through his flesh. He's stolen Pym Particles before, he can do it again.

Danny Wayne
Deadpool wins because of his friends giving him the equipment needed for battle.

Wei Phoenix
He could win without them, I was just using imagination to state various ways.

ScreamPaste
Deathstroke and Flash have nothing to do with this. Did you even read the issue where Deathstroke hit Flash? Do you know everything that has happened between them? How is Deadpool a statue? He fights people above Link, he keeps up with people who have dodged lightning, he's been surrounded by numerous agents and shot with machine gun fire and danced around dodging every bullet from all angles. He's not slow, he's reacted and taken people down faster than they can blink.

His antics aren't overlooked, they speak up when he messes up or hurts someone. They even stated this point in numerous issues. "No matter how much good you do they'll always see you as a monster and remember the bad."

When has Link ever broken a piece of wall off of a building and used it to crush someone or bury them? When should have Wade ever asked for Vibranium before?

He only wanted to die once so he could be with Death and that whole arc showed how smart and tactful he could be. Turns out that the one thing that was supposed to kill him, couldn't kill him or disable him permanently. The longer he's alive and on Earth doing his thing the more she'll be pleased when he comes to her in my opinion.

He never asked, can you prove that she wouldn't do it if he asked?

It wouldn't take two weeks to get any of the stuff I suggested, hell he could get LMD's and have 100 Deadpool's out there firing uzis with adamantium bullets and ripping through his flesh. He's stolen Pym Particles before, he can do it again.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComicallyMissingThePoint
1. Highball harder. He's also been beaten up by Wolverine and Dare Devil. erm
2. Link out sword fought someone who played Tennis with lightning so, woo.

Link makes Deadpool look like a statue.

Link's used his environment against his enemies many times. I also find it adorable that you'll pull the "when has Link done____" and then just give Deadpool whatever the hell he wants, when he's never done anything to aquire it. haermm

Again you're missing the point, Deadpool wanted his mortality effected, she did nothing about it. It's not my job to prove a negative, you need to prove Deadpool will ask her for this and that she would do it.

He'll never hit Link with a bullet, and honestly without the retardo sharpness of wolverine's claws they're just really durable bullets, anyway.

Troll detected? Without other people's gear he goes from getting ****ed up to mook status.

Wei Phoenix
Deadpool dances between multiple machine guns firing at him many times and reacted to people faster than lightning, he's reacted to Wolverine who can dodge lightning and strike faster than the eye can see. He's dodged invisible guns shooting invisible bullets at close range. This is Wolverine vs Link all over again. You say Wolverine/Wade is too slow. I submit numerous feats of speed and reacting to people faster than Link and then it's written as a wank showing, high showing or PIS. I still find it funny that teleporting is going to be slow. He's not slow, that's a fact until you prove otherwise.

Losing to Wolverine isn't a bad feat or low showing at all. You seem to be choosing not to mention or simply don't know that Deadpool has beaten Daredevil, Wolverine, Taskmaster, Iron Fist disguised as Daredevil and many more as well.

You can find it adorable, I only ask because you're acting like it's impossible for him to think smart and utilize his resources to the best of his ability. Deadpool fought for Wakanda, he's done something to earn vibranium, he's stolen Pym particles before, he's got friends and hackers who can get him things he needed.

Because she didn't want to? You want me to ask her when she was barely in the story herself? The same reason why no one uses time machines when people die or every villain or repeat offender isn't sent to the Negative Zone. Writer didn't want it, not in the plot or it would be too easy. Not much of a story if she just killed him herself now is there?

Adamtium bullets are really just durable bullets you say? That would be completely true if they haven't ripped through characters more durable than Link. Would be true if Adamantium hasn't disrupted magic or combined with supernatural forces like when Wolverine's claws clashed with Ghost Rider's hellfire and knocked them both out. You have to prove that he's not going to get shredded to pieces by something that'll pierce through Thing, Hulk, Luke Cage and so on.

The only time I am and will ever troll on this subforum is in a thread started by Quan or one started by the sock brigade. Like I said, another extravagant scenario is using LMDs all with uzis, gatling guns, or whatever and shoot him. Get a bomb and blow the battlefield up, he's got two weeks of prep and he's proven to be quite efficient when he prepares.

ScreamPaste
The same Wolverine who gets shot by guns and beaten up by humans like Mister X. Again, you're highballing as hard as you possibly can. I mean, I guess Spider-Man beat up Firelord, so he can beat up anyone who isn't a Herald, right? And honestly, most of that thread I kind of forgot about Fi. Link would rapestomp Wolverine in melee. That was a fight to the death, which was all that gave me pause. shrug With Fi it's entirely possible to kill Logan.

Back to Deadpool: Link beats up people who can teleport all the damn time, it is literally his day job.

All of which Link could beat up. estahuh

This isn't what I doubt at all, I simply don't think the entire Marvel Universe is going to hand over whatever their best tech and equipment is so that he can go universe sailing to fight a man in green.
So, with this said, you expect me to buy that she intervenes on his behalf?

I interpretted this:
As you claiming that Deadpool could win on his own merits, which is either aggressively trolling me, or a simple lack of knowledge of Link's capabilities. If that's not what you meant, then I apologise, but it looked that way.

NemeBro
He could win without them No he couldn't, and you're a ****ing idiot if you think so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.