Tolkien games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

turin
I have been reading a lot lately on the upcoming games based on lord of the rings. I guess there is a Hobbit game for PS2 (and other formats) as well as Vendi's (i beleive thats the company) treason of Isengard and EA's Return of the king. Also there will be a strategy game called war of the ring for PC. Hopefully people have more info on them or photos. from what i have seen they all look good but Return of the King looks amazing. so if you know anything on them (particulary release date big grin ) let us know!!!!

Captain REX
I've seen screenshots from The Hobbit, which I think is an EA game. Looks to be entertaining. The Ring will pop off your finger when you least expect it...

As for the Treason of Isengard, I have not heard about it, or the War of the Ring strategy game. The strategy game might be good, but hard to say.

The Return of the King follows up the Two Towers game from EA Games. The graphics for TTT were satisfactory, but it was incredibly short and I beat it in less than a day. I've heard that ROTK is longer and has more characters.

turin
where did you see screen shots of the hobbit? for ROTK i read that you can play as 6 characters (legolas, gimli, aragorn, gandalf, sam and frodo) there are different paths you can take through the game, and it is supposed to be like 3 times as long as TTT. you can jump climb and do many other new movements. hopefully there will be a paths of the dead level and i heard you can play 2 secret characters (hopefully one is treebeard and the destruction of isengard). the other games i havent really heard of any thing except some screenshots. they all look pretty cool.

Captain REX
Nintendo Power magazine. They had a three page article on it. Not sure what issue though. It looks a little cartoonish, and Gollum looks...interesting.

Where did ya see some screenshots of ROTK? I must see!

turin
check out www.theonering.net they have a bunch of articles on the front page so just scroll down and youll find it

Captain REX
Oh, I see.

The screens of Gandalf look good.

turin
theonering.net has an article about the hobbit game. also i found out that there is going to be a middle earth game on the internet that will be much like everquest. cant wait!!!

Captain REX
The Hobbit looks a little too cartoonish.

turin
ya, it kind of reminds me of the ps2 game fellowship of the ring and i didnt really enjoy that one.

Captain REX
Never played it. The artwork on the box was good, but the graphics weren't that great. Plus, it came out before the movie was made, so the characters that don't have an obvious description (Gandalf had an obvious description, as you can tell) don't look like the ones in the films.

turin
go to theonering.net and they have a link to a trailer for return of the king by EA games. it looks pretty sweet.

Captain REX
Cool. I'll go check it out.

thelotrlovr15
FOTR game is terrible.... They talk to much... It is totally based on the book not the movie... The characters dont't look like the actors... and it is boring... and takes to long to load...

TTT is great but very very short.... I hope ROTK will be way better and way longer.... To bad you couldn't even play Boromir in TTT but maybe you could play Faramir in ROTK

thelotrlovr15
where do you see the screens of the characters?

Captain REX
www.theonering.net

Sadly, no Faramir available. Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, and Sam.

turin
i have heard that ROTK will be about 3 times as long as TTT. also for the FOTR game, that i agree kind of sucked, they are coming out with a game called treason of isengard which looks like they made drastic improvements on the game (hopefully)

Captain REX
Possibly. I wouldn't know, I don't check the gaming world as much as I used to.

mah
if ROTK will be 3 times the size of TTT, that would be great. the biggest flaw of TTT was its short length, and a long version would be awesome.

turin
they have a preview for it on theonering.net as well as a preview for war of the ring, which will be like civilizations the game.

Captain REX
A strategy game, then? Like Age of Mythology or Warcraft III? I like games like that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.