White Lantern, Kyle Vs King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Kyle has the entities here.
1. vs King Thor
2. vs RK Thor

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/WLK_zpse81f4108.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/KT_zps961479c5.jpg

Board Walker
White lantern kyle stomps across the multiverse

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Board Walker
White lantern kyle stomps across the multiverse

You would think so, at least based on how much power he was implied to have as the original Ion.

Too bad even the entities have been subject to what's been plaguing the Green Lantern Universe for the last decade.

Galan007
It took every emotional entity(of which resided within WL Kyle) sacrificing themselves, just to prevent the universe from dying.

This is a far cry from the original incarnation of Ion, who was universal all by his lonesome. sad

carver9
Is that the only ft WL have?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Galan007
It took every emotional entity(of which resided within WL Kyle) sacrificing themselves, just to prevent the universe from dying.

This is a far cry from the original incarnation of Ion, who was universal all by his lonesome. sad

The Green Lantern Corp isn't what it once was either. Too many different types of Lanterns running around. A Green Lantern ring isn't the most powerful weapon in the Universes anymore and just another power up. Remember when even Rookie Green Lanterns could be uber? Now even Elite Green Lanterns like Hal can look bad compared to other Top Tiers.

The Guardians also suck. A few more bad showings, and we might as well put them in the Herald tier.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
Is that the only ft WL have? No. His best feat is becoming Jesus:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/17134663_8979761.jpg

thumb up

carver9
Wow.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hahaha, yea, wow.

Did he have the entities there? If so, I call bullshit. Using up all that power just healing a few million sick is silly imo.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The Green Lantern Corp isn't what it once was either. Too many different types of Lanterns running around. A Green Lantern ring isn't the most powerful weapon in the Universes anymore and just another power up. Remember when even Rookie Green Lanterns could be uber? Now even Elite Green Lanterns like Hal can look bad compared to other Top Tiers.

The Guardians also suck. A few more bad showings, and we might as well put them in the Herald tier. Yeah, Johns can write a damn good story, but imo he did a lot more harm to Lantern continuity than good. Like you said: with all the various Lantern corps that've popped up over the last few years, GLs have been hugely neutered/watered down as a result. It's sad.

Amen about the Guardians. I'm just glad these new Guardians seem to actually be displaying some real power-- they held their own against a berserker WL Kyle after all the entities combined with him, which is the best feat Guardians have had in YEARS.

Hahaha, yea, wow.

Did he have the entities there? No.

Mindset
I don't know what Thor is going to do beside die a horrible death at the hands of Kyle "da gawd" Rayner.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, Johns can write a damn good story, but imo he did a lot more harm to Lantern continuity than good. Like you said: with all the various Lantern corps that've popped up over the last few years, GLs have been hugely neutered/watered down as a result. It's sad.

Amen about the Guardians. I'm just glad these new Guardians seem to actually be displaying some real power-- they held their own against a berserker WL Kyle after all the entities combined with him, which is the best feat Guardians have had in YEARS.

No.

I remember, and it was cool they had a nice moment. But I give it a few months before it turns out they're responsible for the next big Universal threat in some way.

Seriously, in all my time reading comics, I have never read of a more incompetent group then the modern day Guardians. Legit surprised the Corp didn't revolt and imprison them for criminal negligence. There are only so many times their mistakes can cost the Universe dearly.

Galan007
I remember, and it was cool they had a nice moment. But I give it a few months before it turns out they're responsible for the next big Universal threat in some way.

Seriously, in all my time reading comics, I have never read of a more incompetent group then the modern day Guardians. Legit surprised the Corp didn't revolt and imprison them for criminal negligence. There are only so many times their mistakes can cost the Universe dearly. Well those Guardians were killed by Sinestrallax and the new Guardians(the ones who spent billions of years in captivity safeguarding Volthoom, thus hadn't been corrupted like the mainstream Guardians were) took their place as head(s) of the GLC. Plus, Johns is no longer writing GL books, so there may still be a chance for them. *crosses fingers*

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well those Guardians were killed by Sinestrallax and the new Guardians(the ones who spent billions of years in captivity safeguarding Volthoom, thus hadn't been corrupted like the mainstream Guardians were) took their place as head(s) of the GLC. Plus, Johns is no longer writing GL books, so there may still be a chance for them. *crosses fingers*

You underestimate the Guardian's ability to f*ck up. It's inherent to their genetic make up.

But yea, with Johns gone, hopefully they won't be so terrible.

Galan007
laughing out loud true.

Cogito
Other than being Jesus, WL Kyle loses to GL Kyle based on feats

Galan007
Lol, that's funny.

...But so very true. sad

Golgo13
Yeah, Johns can write a damn good story, but imo he did a lot more harm to Lantern continuity than good. Like you said: with all the various Lantern corps that've popped up over the last few years, GLs have been hugely neutered/watered down as a result. It's sad.

No.

don't you like how it expands the dc cosmic universe?

Galan007
It hasn't really expanded the DCU, though. If anything, it has cheapened Lanterns across the board, imo.

Cogito
I think the rainbow corps has been a good thing overall.

What I don't like is the neutering of the entities, which is a separate thing entirely. Honestly, should possessing the abstract embodiment of all willpower really only make you low trans at best?

Digi
The Sinestro Corps war was AWESOME, and was really the coming out party for the idea of rainbow corps groups (unintentional gay pun there, but I lul'd when I caught it). But since then, yes, there's been a watering down of all of them. I can't speak to the post Flashpoint stuff much - I only know what I see on KMC - but it was in evidence well before that point.

Tony Stark
Both versions of THOR win handily... Then it's off to a mead gardens with the wenches.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Both versions of THOR win handily... Then it's off to a mead gardens with the wenches.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.