Emperor's Wrath v1.0 v/s Emperor's Wrath v2.0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Col. Valerian
Scourge goes against the 2nd Emperor's Wrath. Who wins?

1. All-out.

2. Sabers.

UltimateAnomaly
!!!!SPOILERS BELOW!!!!
-----------------------------
------------------------------
---------------------------
-------------------------------

It's tough. Scourge has his experience and was pretty strong in Revan, all things considered.

Then again, the Wrath has some things backing him up, He defeated Master Yonlach, and his greatest saber student at the same time, while his/her companion was mind tricked into not helping.

Beat Overseer Tremel when he was just an acolyte, something which amazed Tremel enough for him to be amazed at how much power the Wrath had, for that time.

Beat Lord Rathari, who was feared enough that the Dark Council basically let him have Nar Shaddaa, and did enough impact for Rathari to offer to pledge himself to him, claiming him to be the future of the Sith, if I recall that correctly.

Defeated Nomen Karr, and beat him again after he went into a DS-fueled rage. Then went and defeated Jaesa Willsaam afterwards, comfortably.

They managed to defeat Darth Vengean, along with the help of Lord Draagh, though Draagh got locked out of the last half of the fight and even admits that the Wrath did most of the work.

They managed to defeat Draagh after he was cybernetically upgraded and made stronger.

They beat Sel Makor when he possessed the Voice of the Emperor, who was strong enough to stop the Emperor from commiting suicide, not to mention was strong enough to completetly corrupt an area of Voss, leaving it tainted with the Dark Side.

S_W_LeGenD
Some facts:

Scourge became more powerful in advanced stage of his story arc, as Emperor's Wrath. In addition, he also accumulated lot of combat experience during the period of 3 centuries.

---

B/W Emperor's Wrath 2 is remarkably powerful indeed.

Nephthys
I'd probably go with Scourge, myself. Maybe.

Stealth Moose
It'd be a really really good fight. Wrath is ridiculous though. The casual killing of Tremel and the butchering of the beast in Ragnos' tomb are great accomplishments for a neophyte.

Based
Scourge.

Col. Valerian
I'm unsure myself. I think I'm leaning towards the Wrath.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
I'm unsure myself. I think I'm leaning towards the Wrath.

Yeah, I definitely think the Wrath would win, hehehe.

I'm also unsure. It seems to me that the Second Wrath is a lot more explored, but that Scourge has extremely good hype. Wrath no2 was only explicitly shown as above the Dark Council at the end of the storyline, while Scourge seems to have effectively policed them for centuries. And the Baras fight was very close for No2. But he has a lot more good feats, while Scourge is all accolades and logical powerscaling.

So... I'm unsure how to go myself.

Taay'hai
Wrath.

Stealth Moose
Neph, just post one-word answers without explanations. That's why we have a discussion forum and not a collection of polls.

Nephthys
I'm sorry. sad

Stealth Moose
I'm just poking fun of the posts where people just go "X" or "X wins/stomps/rapes". It's the one true constant of SWVF, present since the beginning.

Q99
There is the matter of Scourge's performance against Nyriss, when he had help.

Nephthys
300 years before his peak. At the time Revan sensed that he still had tremendous potential and in 300 years he'd grow a lot more skilled. Plus he was amped by Vitiate.

Q99
Point.

Based
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I'm just poking fun of the posts where people just go "X" or "X wins/stomps/rapes". It's the one true constant of SWVF, present since the beginning.

Scourge.

Based
Fake Wrath is another angry mofo which Scourge will feats upon. Simple as that.

Col. Valerian
He isn't fake...

Petrus
I actually think the 2nd Wrath has a good chance of taking this. Although Scourge has good accolades , Wrath2 has good feats and is described to be incredibly skilled with a lightsaber and as being impressive with TK. Scourge doesn't really have any feats to his name.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Based
Scourge.

:rage:

Originally posted by Petrus
I actually think the 2nd Wrath has a good chance of taking this. Although Scourge has good accolades , Wrath2 has good feats and is described to be incredibly skilled with a lightsaber and as being impressive with TK. Scourge doesn't really have any feats to his name.

I'd say 300 years of fighting and butchering Jedi and Sith while learning at Vitiate's feet is pretty impressive, even if your potential is minimal (which in Scourge's case it is not). In the novel, he certainly struck me as a thinker, able to improvise, and powerful in his own right. I have yet to see him in TOR, but if anything he should be an epic fight for any master swordsman, if only by his virtue of a headpiece and experience.

Nephthys
He wasn't that epic. I beat his ass easy cuz I'm the mother****ing Hero of Tython. wink

(He doesn't do anything in TOR. You fight him at the end of Act II and beat him the end)

Stealth Moose
You mean to tell me he doesn't do anything at all special?

Nephthys
Define special.

He's a cool companion. A real jewel in my crown so to speak. Mostly he gives exposition and is gwumpy all the time.

Stealth Moose
I mean does he kick anyone into their helmet? Otherwise, whatevs. My Ashara can murder PCs.

Nephthys
No feats. The closest he gets is casually walking up to/assaulting a Republic base by himself to murder a former Dark Council member.

Stealth Moose
Laem.

Petrus
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
:rage:

I'd say 300 years of fighting and butchering Jedi and Sith while learning at Vitiate's feet is pretty impressive, even if your potential is minimal (which in Scourge's case it is not). In the novel, he certainly struck me as a thinker, able to improvise, and powerful in his own right. I have yet to see him in TOR, but if anything he should be an epic fight for any master swordsman, if only by his virtue of a headpiece and experience.

Yeah, we don't know anything about the opponents he killed during those decades. Sure, he killed the Emperor's feared enemies, but are we really going put our faith on only that to judge his skills? I'm not saying he wasn't skilled, he definitely was; he probably became more powerful than some Dark Council members.
The difference is that we actually have feats for Wrath2, and some really good ones.

Companions can't really get good feats, though. I really can't tell how powerful Ashara is, or Jaesa, or Xalek.

Nephthys
Nadia gets some feats. Even untrained shes able to unleash powerful Forcewaves which she does at a few points and she offhandly mentions accidentally blowing up buildings or demolishing trees in conversations, so she seems pretty powerful. She can also sense the echoes of the Force War on Tython, which Thor says not many can.

Ashara was the best duelist in her class and could even beat the Jedi Master teaching her. Kira partially resists a Child of the Emperor's Force Push. Xalek is incredibly boring. I think the best feat I've seen though came from Lieutenant Pierce, in what I thiiink is a mistake at one point he and his black ops squad takes out an entire Republic Battalion.

Which is between 750-1500 soldiers. no expression

Petrus
LOL definitely a mistake. But I guess it counts. Other than those though, no feats for them. Being companions and all I guess it's hard for the writers to give them good, individual feats.

Stealth Moose
He used Orbital Strike, ftw. Also, Xalek is like the worst companion ever. My butler-droid is leagues better.

Nephthys
Having gotten all the companions except...... Broonmark? I can say, yes. Yes he is the worst companion ever. Even the second and third worst companions are at least interesting and appeal to certain playtypes (darkside).

I don't hate him as much as those two though. Tanno Vik actively screws you over and is an insubordinate prick. And Skadge (aargh) is a horrible psychotic thug. Even darksider characters aren't are fvcked up as this guy. The first time you see him he's beating up a defenseless women and gloating about how he's going to painfully kill her and her boyfriend. And then he ****ing forces his way onto the crew and and they make you agree to it! Uuuurgh, I just wanted to kill him as soon as I saw him. Goddamn whoever removed that feature!

But Xalek more than makes up for it by being sooooooooo booooooring!

Stealth Moose
And you get him so late it's like "Yeah, whatever. My Ashara can already solo Revan."

Lord Stark
Scourge's scene with the Jedi Council is choice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.