Best lines in rap

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dynamix
IYO, What are some of the best (or at the very least 'memorable) lines in rap? I don't mean a whole verse, just a line or two.

Kostabot
I'll post a few lines later, but I'm a fan of a couple of lesser known MCs. My fav would have to be MC Abdominal. Love his work. Its real, its not "Gangster" and it resonates with me. I don't mind a bit of gangster rap, but only to get me revved up if I'm in the gym. If I'm listening to rap for lyrics/poetry I like MC Abdominal, Jurassic 5 (Old but gold).

The moment rapping starts to get too violent I just lose interest. Its overdone and counterproductive rapping about hoes, gun and how much of the two you have, and how little of the two the other guy has in comparison to you stick out tongue.

Kostabot
This guy is awesome. A lot of gold lines in his tracks. Loved his co-lab album with DJ Format.

YbjyG6fvv3c

Kostabot
Another

bOFVL8w6WNA

Sorry In know this thread is about lines, and not tracks, I wont highjack it any further.

LeonBuco666
Inspektah deck -- "I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies
and hypothesis can't define how I be droppin these
mockeries, lyrically perform armed robbery
Flee with the lottery, possibly they spotted me"

Eminem -- "I feel like Im walking a tight rope, without a circus net, Im popping percocets, Im a nervous wreck, I deserve respect; but i work a sweat for this worthless check"

GZA -- Fame follow tha name, listen to the track, his wordplay and craftsmanship is absolutely phenomenal, best wordplay ever, imo if not, its def top 5

Rakim -- "aksin' teenages, OG's and ask the kids, what they definition of classic is, timeless, so age dont count in the booth, when your flow stays submerged in the fountain of youth"

Nas - theres a few tracks, the message, one mic, one love, NY state of mind etc.

Theres so many more I really cant list then atm, raekwon, GFK, ice cube, krs one, mobb deep, biggie, tupac(rarely), snoop, big daddy kane and common and many more....but the ones i have listed are the best that i can think of.

dynamix
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Inspektah deck -- "I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies
and hypothesis can't define how I be droppin these
mockeries, lyrically perform armed robbery
Flee with the lottery, possibly they spotted me"

Eminem -- "I feel like Im walking a tight rope, without a circus net, Im popping percocets, Im a nervous wreck, I deserve respect; but i work a sweat for this worthless check"

GZA -- Fame follow tha name, listen to the track, his wordplay and craftsmanship is absolutely phenomenal, best wordplay ever, imo if not, its def top 5

Rakim -- "aksin' teenages, OG's and ask the kids, what they definition of classic is, timeless, so age dont count in the booth, when your flow stays submerged in the fountain of youth"

Nas - theres a few tracks, the message, one mic, one love, NY state of mind etc.

Theres so many more I really cant list then atm, raekwon, GFK, ice cube, krs one, mobb deep, biggie, tupac(rarely), snoop, big daddy kane and common and many more....but the ones i have listed are the best that i can think of.

GZA did a few more songs along the vein of Fame. Animal Planet was awesome!

Nas is my fav rapper so i can give lines upon lines of what i think are greatness but this opening to the song "I Gave you Power" really defines his style perfectly

"I've seen some cold nights and bloody days; they grab me - bullet spray, they used me wrong so i sing this song to this day" it really capture his penchant for imagery and poetic. Of course his cousin of Death line from NY state of mind is ill also!

I really like prodigy of Mobb Deep too (old school lyrically visceral Prodigy lol) - "Punch you in the face, stab your brain with your nose bone" ha!

Jay had some vicious liners as well: "Youngin' ice grilling me. Oh you not feeling me? fine, it cost you nothing....pay me no mind"

Common is dope as well and somewhat underrated in my book: "As a child, given religion with no answer to why.
Just told believe in Jesus cause for me he did die.
Curiosity killed the catechism
Understanding and wisdom became the rhythm that I played to"

but like you said, there so so many. I'll share more later ha.

LeonBuco666
Nas has countless one liners like that, its the norm for a rapper of his caliber, tbh i wouldnt expect anything less of him.

Um, examples like "It drops deep as it does on my breath, I never sleep, cus sleep is the cousin of death(which you already pointed out, but the rest of that line is what makes it perfect) beyond the walls of intelligence life is defined, i think of crime when am in a new york state of mind"

I havent really ever been able to get into jay tbh, so I cant say much...but agree with you, lol.

LL cool J has some absolutely vicious lines lying about too. Az is great for those little one liners too. Big Pun, Black Thought, Immortal technique, Andre 3000, royce da 5'9, Kendrick Lamar etc.
Tbh there is no 'Best' line in rap its all about preference and what appeals to you more.

Darth Martin
Industrial Revolution - Immortal Technique

"so if your message ain't shit, **** the records you sold
'cause if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck
it just means that a million people are stupid as ****"

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1270164_o.gif

Kostabot
Originally posted by Darth Martin

His track Dance With the Devil is absolutely epic. Going back on my statement that I dislike gangster rap, Immortal Technique is a God.

Darth Martin
Dance With The Devil to me is the greatest song ever concieved in Hip-Hop.

Omega Vision
One of my favorite set of lines is by Killer Mike in Get It (Run the Jewels):

And that go for the cop kissing cats that's in the back of you
They all sweet as Little Richard damn
Good God al-Molly
It make a nigga like me go "Woo!" and rob the party
I exit stepping with my weapon with the Jefferson walk
If you expressing any objections you can get left in chalk

LeonBuco666
Dance With The Devil to me is the greatest song ever concieved in Hip-Hop.
The most powerful, not the greatest.

Darth Martin
......to you.

LeonBuco666

dynamix

ha, dope! reminds me of this Chino Xl line a little - concept is totally in different but the whole "sales" thing lol.

dynamix
Originally posted by Kostabot
His track Dance With the Devil is absolutely epic. Going back on my statement that I dislike gangster rap, Immortal Technique is a God.

i'm not trying to be a thread nazi but can you stay on topic? just share any lines you think are good. If you want to discuss great rap songs, make another thread for it (which i will happily chime in, ha!)

dynamix
Originally posted by Omega Vision
One of my favorite set of lines is by Killer Mike in Get It (Run the Jewels):

And that go for the cop kissing cats that's in the back of you
They all sweet as Little Richard damn
Good God al-Molly
It make a nigga like me go "Woo!" and rob the party
I exit stepping with my weapon with the Jefferson walk
If you expressing any objections you can get left in chalk

that little wordplay in the end was ill. expressing/left in chalk - lmao..i dig it.

dynamix
maybe not the best but i thought these lines were funny lol

Kendrick Lamar
"Racism is still alive, yellow tapes and colored lines"

Eminem
"i'm rolling with a swollen bowling ball in my bag"

LeonBuco666
Eminem "are you bozo's smart enough to play stupid? I hope so"

Or

"I can piss a happy meal off"

Stupid but gave me a tickle

Insomniatric
A couple Eminem lines:

"I've never been less than clever and fresh
Severin' flesh of fools who never impressed, I can confess"

"I never gave a f*ck, but now I give a f*ck less
And in a slug fest I get physical like physicians,
Invisible like magicians with mystical mic traditions"

"I'm on a quest to seize all, my own label to call
Way before my baby is able to crawl
I'm too stable to fall, the pressure motivates
To know I hold the weight of boulders on my shoulder blades
I seen the golden gates to heaven on Earth
Where they don't pull a weapon on you when you stepping on turf"

Kento
Love...doesn't need a complicated metaphor
And sometimes nothing needs to be said at all
Sometimes a person you with is not your one and only
And you just **** with them because you afraid to be lonely

Immortal Technique -Crimes of the Heart

dynamix
Originally posted by Kento
Love...doesn't need a complicated metaphor
And sometimes nothing needs to be said at all
Sometimes a person you with is not your one and only
And you just **** with them because you afraid to be lonely

Immortal Technique -Crimes of the Heart

that was dope! had me searching up the song, ha.

dynamix
"Family over everything, skills over politics, he don't need the accolades as long as you acknowledge it"

"Never bite the hand that'll feed you... Never fear a man if he bleed too"(ha cool Predator allusion)

Jadakiss

Insomniatric
Royce da 5'9":

"I'm the verbal-spit Smith Wesson
I unload with sick spit, the quick wit could split a split-second
Bomb with a lit wick expression
You here a tick tick then you testin'
My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits
So trust me, I'm as live as it gets"

Insomniatric

Omega Vision
Killer Mike on Sea Legs by Run the Jewels:

"Doesn't matter if you're Muslim Hebrew Christian - when death runs in the distance
There will be no Mercy me's - There will be no reprieve for the thieves
There will be no respect for the Throne - No master mastered these bones
Your idols are all my rivals - I rival all of your idols
I stand on towers like Eiffel - I rifle down all your idols
Niggas will perish in Paris - niggas is nothing but parrots
I write for the writers that write for the liars that impress you and your parents."

iscaremonkeys
childish gambino
Freaks and geeks-
I got some p*ssy that was insane so insain its a enemy of batmain. down on it niggas call me ****** cuz they closeted im hot as shit

worst guys-
tia and tamara in my bed im a smart guy. I aint ****ing with you niggas like apartied

Every kanye lyric ever made

jinXed by JaNx
my favorite rap line is the one that rhymes the most and has the most social relevance at the time. Those are the bestest rappers cuz they real musicians they is...,those ones. You know, "the true ones". wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.