HS jocks show why they're alphas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oneness
gtkHsARkHbg

Shakyamunison
What is a HS jock?

Stealth Moose
High School. The Golden Age of Jocks, before most of them end up getting menial jobs while a few end up making millions playing games professionally.

Shakyamunison
Nerds rule

Kostabot
I was a bit of an inbetweener. Not a complete nerd, and not quite a jock, not quite alternative enough, but not entirely mainstream either. felt good to fit in everywhere, but felt bad to not belong anywhere....

Now I'm just a dude with an awesome beard that can lift some very heavy shit. big grin Everything else is of little importance. I have my beard. I have my weights, and I have a steady supply of cash and boobs.

#coolstorybro
#feelsgoodman

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Kostabot
I was a bit of an inbetweener. Not a complete nerd, and not quite a jock, not quite alternative enough, but not entirely mainstream either. felt good to fit in everywhere, but felt bad to not belong anywhere....

Now I'm just a dude with an awesome beard that can lift some very heavy shit. big grin Everything else is of little importance. I have my beard. I have my weights, and I have a steady supply of cash and boobs.

#coolstorybro
#feelsgoodman

I'm envious man. I used to height lift, but then my thyroid gave out.

dadudemon

#coolstorybro
#feelsgoodman

Was the same. Now, it just "earns" me back-handed compliments and insults from vendors and staff members before meetings.

I just had an epiphany:

HS:
If you are in good shape, it earns you positive attention and gives you an advantage in almost everything you do.
If you're in bad shape, you're generally ignored or even made fun of. Little to no advantage.

Corporate World:
You're constantly made fun of if you're in shape.
If you're out of shape, you're literally everyone else.

Conclusion: People are still bullies and the roles generally reverse.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by dadudemon
Was the same. Now, it just "earns" me back-handed compliments and insults from vendors and staff members before meetings.

I just had an epiphany:

HS:
If you are in good shape, it earns you positive attention and gives you an advantage in almost everything you do.
If you're in bad shape, you're generally ignored or even made fun of. Little to no advantage.

Corporate World:

Conclusion: People are still bullies and the roles generally reverse. The lesson is to avoid the corporate world.

Or destroy the corporate world using your hot physique...

Kostabot
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I'm envious man. I used to height lift, but then my thyroid gave out.

Bummer dude. Hypothyroidism? Are you on Thyroxine or T3, or any other form of Thyroid medication? If you are, do they not offer enough symptomatic relief to be able to lead an active lifestyle. If you're not, do you mind me asking why? I have friends who have thyroid issues, but get them treated medically and are able to get on with lifting weights.

I just had an epiphany:

HS:

Corporate World:

Conclusion: People are still bullies and the roles generally reverse.

I don't get too much negative attention for my size. People are generally take aback by my size, but I rarely, if ever, encounter negative feedback. Im a pretty friendly happy faced individual, and apart from my size I'm not at all intimidating. Gentle giant of sorts.

Having said that I work in Intesive Care in a Hospital, not in a corporate setting, so maybe the negative attitude or "tall poppy syndrome" in respect to "fit" people isn't as pronounced amongst my colleagues.

My best friend works in a professional corporate setting in upper management, and he does say he gets the odd smart ass comment, but only in jest...

Funny how people like to passively (or aggressively) put down those they feel are more skilled than them at something (especially if its a trait or skill that stands out). The "If I put you down, to my level, I don't have to struggle to get to yours" mindset is pretty lame.

At the end of the day though, I do this for me, as I'm sure you also do it for you. smile

Kostabot
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The lesson is to avoid the corporate world.

This man speaks the truth.

Destroy them with aesthetics! stick out tongue

Stealth Moose
Lucien routinely flexes during staff meetings to raise tension levels and thereby compromise the atrophied immune systems of the norms.

Kostabot
Either that or flex at such a frequency and intensity that the atmospheric distortion Disintegrates your work mates like the shock wave from an explosion.

Stealth Moose
I'm sure the speedo is a determining factor somewhere.

Lord Lucien
A little of column A, a little of column B. My abs are so firm, you could grate CHEESE on 'em!! So I'm invited to every luncheon.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The lesson is to avoid the corporate world.

True phacts: the CEO asked me to flex for everyone at the annual Christmas party.

I did.

I'm a whore and feel ashamed.

Stealth Moose
You should have had the office ladies put oil on your pecs for charity or something. Milk it.

Tzeentch
I'd feel ashamed if my boss asked me to flex in front of everyone and then proceed to mount me in front of everyone at the annual christmas party too.

Just kidding. I don't get invited to the christmas party.

Kostabot
True phacts: the CEO asked me to flex for everyone at the annual Christmas party.

I did.

I'm a whore and feel ashamed.

Atta boy! laughing

Mindship
I lifted in high school, in college...still doing so, but nothing heavy anymore (eg, no more bodyweight military presses: joints can't handle it, it takes its toll). Now into pullups/chins.

I've found that at every age, if people see you're in shape, it automatically commands respect, even from the doughboys with $$$.

But basically, in HS, by senior year especially, I was the quiet, semi-nerd who could outlift everyone else. Kept bullies away, though some I befriended once we got to know each other, and I still had my nerd friends. I could be friends with anyone.

Y'know, I just realized: I've never seen an exercise/workout forum here at KMC. Too bad.

Kostabot
Originally posted by Mindship
I lifted in high school, in college...still doing so, but nothing heavy anymore (eg, no more bodyweight military presses: joints can't handle it, it takes its toll). Now into pullups/chins.

I've found that at every age, if people see you're in shape, it automatically commands respect, even from the doughboys with $$$.

But basically, in HS, by senior year especially, I was the quiet, semi-nerd who could outlift everyone else. Kept bullies away, though some I befriended once we got to know each other, and I still had my nerd friends. I could be friends with anyone.

Y'know, I just realized: I've never seen an exercise/workout forum here at KMC. Too bad.

I may be wrong, but I think there was a fitness sub forum on here waaaay back. like 03 , 04, maybe 05... it may have been another forum, but KMC was my main haunt. I don't think it got much traffic though, Even when the website was busy.

I was overweight from late Primary school til my final year in High School. Started lifting to lose weight and get noticed by girls. Found that putting muscle and getting stronger came relatively easy to me. Haven't looked back. I was 135kg at 30%+ body fat in 11th grade before I ever touched any weights. Currently I'm 110 and under 10% body fat most of the year. My focus was primarily on body sculpting, but I work with heavier weights than a typical hypertrophy program.

Have always loved split muscle group routines (chest, back, rest, shoulders, legs, rest, rest). In the past year Ive also started incorporating cross-fit type core sessions once or twice a week. After 9 years of neglecting my core, I finally learned the value of improving it. Ive had my share of injuries, but have learned a lot as a result, and nowadays I'm pretty damn good at treating my injuries successfully on my own. I've also been able to help quite a few people at my gym with nagging injuries.

I've been considering dropping my hours at work a little bit and getting a PT cert so that I can make some money from my hobby, and have it become a bigger part of my everyday life.

It was interesting seeing people start treating me differently in my final year of high school. Part of this was because I was now fitter, and more capable of standing up for myself physically, and having been a pudgy 4 eyed kid, this came as a welcome change. Some of the change in peoples attitude I also attributed to the fact that by 12th grade, most of the assholes had dropped out, and the other kids weren't following their lead. I actually ended up becoming friends with a lot of guys that bullied me earlier on. Also being a generally friendly, and non-confrontational person, I, much like you, ended p being able to fit in to most groups, and got along with almost everyone.

Being bullied a bit may have done me some good by motivating me to start looking after myself so that I wasn't as much of a target. I also think it helped make me the totally non-aggressive person that I am. Why hurt others? I knew what it felt like to be on the receiving end, so I tried to never subject anyone to it either. smile

Mindship
I may be wrong, but I think there was a fitness sub forum on here waaaay back. like 03 , 04, maybe 05... it may have been another forum, but KMC was my main haunt. I don't think it got much traffic though, Even when the website was busy. I joined in 05, so if there was one here, it disappeared before then.

Yeah, it's amazing what muscular development will do for a person, not just physically, but mentally, socially.

No doubt, I will keep exercising until I die.

tsilamini
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
High School. The Golden Age of Jocks, before most of them end up getting menial jobs while a few end up making millions playing games professionally.

just throwing it out there, modern job market ain't too kind to us brainy types

I stack boxes in a warehouse part time right now...

Stealth Moose
I'd actually rather do that. Never been happy with a job that required brain activity over physical activity on my part. Physical exhaustion is usually a sign of good work. Brain fried mode is a sign of "my job just destroyed my reasoning for the day so now I can't enjoy anything deeper than Two and a Half Men." Working on an assembly line or in a warehouse also gave me tons of time to think as I worked about things I was genuinely interested in, and creativity boomed. The opposite end of the spectrum, working 10+ hours a day at a call center or computer lab or such generally left me irritable and unable to focus.

dadudemon
I've been considering dropping my hours at work a little bit and getting a PT cert so that I can make some money from my hobby, and have it become a bigger part of my everyday life.

If you're good at it and find a nice gym to take you in, you can make quite a bit of money off of PT. I did it for about 6 months almost a decade ago. Had I stuck with it, I would have made about $70k in my second year (gotta build up that clientele, first).

That may not seem like much if you're living in an expensive city but I lived in Tulsa. That was a lot of money for a 20 year old.

It was interesting seeing people start treating me differently in my final year of high school. Part of this was because I was now fitter, and more capable of standing up for myself physically, and having been a pudgy 4 eyed kid, this came as a welcome change. Some of the change in peoples attitude I also attributed to the fact that by 12th grade, most of the assholes had dropped out, and the other kids weren't following their lead. I actually ended up becoming friends with a lot of guys that bullied me earlier on. Also being a generally friendly, and non-confrontational person, I, much like you, ended p being able to fit in to most groups, and got along with almost everyone.

That reminds me. I was wanting to be a guest speaker at middle schools and high schools to encourage kids to eat well and exercise. I would use examples like yours.

Being bullied a bit may have done me some good by motivating me to start looking after myself so that I wasn't as much of a target. I also think it helped make me the totally non-aggressive person that I am. Why hurt others? I knew what it felt like to be on the receiving end, so I tried to never subject anyone to it either. smile

I would note that your situation is probably the exception. Often times, the bullying just makes things worse for those kids. Many commit suicide and that's just sad.

Originally posted by tsilamini
just throwing it out there, modern job market ain't too kind to us brainy types

I stack boxes in a warehouse part time right now...

Gotta be aggressive and assertive without coming off as a douche (better to be considered an ******* than a douche), man.

But, I try to hire people that are brainy types that lack the ability to be assertive. I like smart, honest, and hard working people. I don't care if they lack the ability to be dominant enough to get their idea pushed forward: I'll do that for you, openly give you credit, and give you a nice raise when people see our project is running in the black. big grin

Kostabot
If you're good at it and find a nice gym to take you in, you can make quite a bit of money off of PT. I did it for about 6 months almost a decade ago. Had I stuck with it, I would have made about $70k in my second year (gotta build up that clientele, first).

I know I'd be good. I have a good eye for detain, and a good awareness of lifting biomechanics on an individualised level, which is something a lot of PTs lack. The money would also be awesome. its $80 an hour here for your average PT. I could match my current income on half the hours. A friend of mine clears 100K p.a. I love my job though, so I'd never want to quit it all together. I invested too much time and effort getting qualified, and It's too rewarding on a personal level for me to essentially down-skill for the sake of better pay. Some people may think thats silly, but I like the fact that I'm forced to think and act in life and death situations almost on a daily basis.

Its something I will likely do before I do any further study in my current career. Get my PT dip, cut my hours at work, then maybe apply to enroll in post grad medicine or something.

That may not seem like much if you're living in an expensive city but I lived in Tulsa. That was a lot of money for a 20 year old.

Thats considered high end average income here too, and year for a 20yr old that is some decent coin. I make about that now, but with the aid of penalty rates. My flat rate salary isnt that good as I'm only 2 years out of uni.

That reminds me. I was wanting to be a guest speaker at middle schools and high schools to encourage kids to eat well and exercise. I would use examples like yours.

My fiance gets invited yearly to teach at the Gifted and Talented school which gets held here once a year for a week. It takes the highest school achievers in the state and gives them a week together to do some fun extracurricular study.

Shes a Remedial Therapist and studied Chinese Medicine, so her classes up until this year were largely to do with that, but this year she chose to speak about self awareness, self esteem and confidence. The organizers loved it so much they want her to do some casual lectures on the topic to university students in the state.

If you're a good public speaker, and can inspire people, then you should definitely do it. I like the idea of it, but I'm not as good at public speaking as her. I prefer one on one interaction.

I would note that your situation is probably the exception. Often times, the bullying just makes things worse for those kids. Many commit suicide and that's just sad.

Yeah I had to develop a thick skin pretty quickly when my family moved from Russia to a small town in the US, and I was immediately an easy target for bullies. Didnt speak English (at first), and was a bit different culturally (something these small town folk hadn't encountered much in the past). @ years later we moved to Australia and I was once again the odd one out. American accent, another cultural shock, and I was now overweight. The weight I piled on in the US. New food I had never tried before (like cereal LOL) was hard to resist.

I learned pretty early on that it was either stiffen up my upper lip and let it toughen me up a bit, or succumb to hating myself and becoming depressed. My parents are my blessing too. My mum kept my chin up a lot, and dad just taught me not to take poeple's crap. The part about not taking their crap, but not reciprocating with crap either was something I think I adapted myself later in life.

But, I try to hire people that are brainy types that lack the ability to be assertive. I like smart, honest, and hard working people. I don't care if they lack the ability to be dominant enough to get their idea pushed forward: I'll do that for you, openly give you credit, and give you a nice raise when people see our project is running in the black. big grin

What do you do, if you don't mind me asking? smile

Oneness
Yeah, it's amazing what muscular development will do for a person, not just physically, but mentally, socially.

Ooozing with joyish, assertive, courageous, and outgoing behaviors like confronting bullies and what not is what muscular development will do.

Here's what the media and internet magicians don't want you to know about:

|cholecystokinin| |leptin| |acetycholine| |***endorphins| |dopamine|

Above is a list of 5 neurotransmitters associated with aesthetics in personality, physicality, and appearance.

There are drugs that increase the bodies secretion of these hormones tenfold, take them.

Limit yourself to a vegan diet:

Eat perfectly cut proteins, walnuts and almonds, simple whole grains, a multi-colored variety of fruits and veggies the first 8 hours of your day and stop *record scratch* eating until your next day begins.

Get 12 hours of sleep and +++ resistance:

Train aesthetic muscle groups:

Obliques, the superficial abdominal section, superficial lower back, upper back, pecs, |superficial back|, top, rear, and front deltoids, lats, thick triceps, swollen biceps, and especially the gluteous maximus (popping out over thick hamstrings popping out themselves over toned calves popping themselves).

***The body will not aesthetically respond well to compound lifts or to maximal strength training, it will aesthetically respond best to thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of low bearing repetitions.

*******Most importantly, make sure the lifts don't stress the back, for the non-visible lower back muscles in particular to develop unnatural definition -

- you need to do dead lifts.

The muscles should learn to grow to a straightened back, rows and side to side standing dips with plates well help stabilize whilst building up the obliques.

The trick is to swell up the abs, obliques, and lower back specifically so as to compress the mid section into a compact and over-developed superficial fascia!

dadudemon
I know I'd be good. I have a good eye for detain, and a good awareness of lifting biomechanics on an individualised level, which is something a lot of PTs lack. The money would also be awesome. its $80 an hour here for your average PT. I could match my current income on half the hours. A friend of mine clears 100K p.a. I love my job though, so I'd never want to quit it all together. I invested too much time and effort getting qualified, and It's too rewarding on a personal level for me to essentially down-skill for the sake of better pay. Some people may think thats silly, but I like the fact that I'm forced to think and act in life and death situations almost on a daily basis.

Its something I will likely do before I do any further study in my current career. Get my PT dip, cut my hours at work, then maybe apply to enroll in post grad medicine or something.

We might be talking about 2 different things.

For me, PT = Personal Trainer. It sounds like you're talking about Physical Therapist. All the Physical Therapists I know make bank (I suspect it is due to being in the medical field doing real and valuable medical work, but without nearly the liability that doctors and some types of nurses have). And almost all the women who do it are attractive. smile

Thats considered high end average income here too, and year for a 20yr old that is some decent coin. I make about that now, but with the aid of penalty rates. My flat rate salary isnt that good as I'm only 2 years out of uni.

And the student loans. Mother fuggin' student loans.

My fiance gets invited yearly to teach at the Gifted and Talented school which gets held here once a year for a week. It takes the highest school achievers in the state and gives them a week together to do some fun extracurricular study.

Shes a Remedial Therapist and studied Chinese Medicine, so her classes up until this year were largely to do with that, but this year she chose to speak about self awareness, self esteem and confidence. The organizers loved it so much they want her to do some casual lectures on the topic to university students in the state.

If you're a good public speaker, and can inspire people, then you should definitely do it. I like the idea of it, but I'm not as good at public speaking as her. I prefer one on one interaction.

I love public speaking. No problems there. Remember when you were a kid and you had that one teacher that had a profoundly positive influence on you? I want to do that for someone. If only 1 kid's life is changed for the better out of the tens of thousands I will get to speak to, that's worth it to me.

What are some of the things your fiance has said about her more casual/inspirational lectures? What do those lectures cover? What are some of the reactions or feedback she has gotten from the students?

I know that's a lot of questions but I'm very curious about that topic for obvious reasons.

What do you do, if you don't mind me asking? smile

IT Manager. More specifically, an ITIL expert.

Mindship
Originally posted by Oneness
Ooozing with joyish, assertive, courageous, and outgoing behaviors like confronting bullies and what not is what muscular development will do.

***The body will not aesthetically respond well to compound lifts or to maximal strength training, it will aesthetically respond best to thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of low bearing repetitions.

While isolation training has its place, I never lifted for looks, always for strength, and here, compound lifts are the way to go. You get the most bang for your buck in the shortest time; in short, it's how your body was made to operate, as a whole unit, and so has immediate, real-world applicability. Also, muscles built for strength (ie, emphasizing myofibrillar hypertrophy) last longer if for some reason you have to stop working out (eg, injury), than muscles enlarged through sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (what bodybuilders tend to emphasize, though the top-tier guys will go for both).

Ultimately, you lift for what you want. My approach has always been: what's the least I need to do to get what I want, and personally, I'd rather be stronger than I look (rather than the opposite), because it was always fun as hell surprising the crap out of the bigger, bulkier, softer dudes (and often outlifting them, especially in bench and military presses) when it came time to lay the cards on the table.

These days, I also work on speed (fast-twitch fiber development) with occasional speedbag work, and also power, with the heavybag. It's not enough, imho, just to "be strong." That can suffice in high school, but you should be able to use your strength effectively in the real world.

Oneness
While isolation training has its place, I never lifted for looks, always for strength, and here, compound lifts are the way to go. You get the most bang for your buck in the shortest time; in short, it's how your body was made to operate, as a whole unit, and so has immediate, real-world applicability. Also, muscles built for strength (ie, emphasizing myofibrillar hypertrophy) last longer if for some reason you have to stop working out (eg, injury), than muscles enlarged through sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (what bodybuilders tend to emphasize, though the top-tier guys will go for both).

Ultimately, you lift for what you want. My approach has always been: what's the least I need to do to get what I want, and personally, I'd rather be stronger than I look (rather than the opposite), because it was always fun as hell surprising the crap out of the bigger, bulkier, softer dudes (and often outlifting them, especially in bench and military presses) when it came time to lay the cards on the table.

These days, I also work on speed (fast-twitch fiber development) with occasional speedbag work, and also power, with the heavybag. It's not enough, imho, just to "be strong." That can suffice in high school, but you should be able to use your strength effectively in the real world. You need steroids before bodybuilding starts inhibiting your range of motion and honestly, isolation is better for range of motion if your metabolism is turbochraged from the sleep, intermittent fasting, and longer and more stable resistance given to your CNS - albeit less extreme - that lack of body fat and linear physique (wiry frame) goes further when training for certain sports than does the ability to clean and jerk a lot of weight. Maximal strength or power is good for football and strongman sure. As long as your metabolism is in check, isolation and intensity both have there advantages - isolation is actually better for MMA. Endurance strength.

xvmvhmqing
What is a HS jock? http://netkios.com/hu12b.jpg

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by xvmvhmqing

I asked the same question.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by xvmvhmqing

High school. The athletic group of mostly alpha-males who dominated in sports, but stereotypically are thought to lack scholarly interests and proficiency.

http://i.qkme.me/3qogml.jpg

See above.

Shakyamunison
High school. The athletic group of mostly alpha-males who dominated in sports, but stereotypically are thought to lack scholarly interests and proficiency.

See above.

I wish I had posted a link to what you said earlier. stick out tongue

Oneness

They're also thought to be douchebags.

The point of the OP was to successfully assert that being a good person makes you an "alpha".

Guess that thought never crossed anyone's mind when watching that video.

Oh well, I knew that no one's subjective experience will be the same, I just thought there'd be some similar thoughts crossing someone's head.

My faith in humanity remains non-existent, my faith in technology and merging with it in my lifetime remains religious, there's no changing that of course.

Shakyamunison
...Guess that thought never crossed anyone's mind when watching that video...

I didn't watch the video.

Oneness
I didn't watch the video. Why not?

Shakyamunison
Why not?

Youtube is blocked.

Oneness
Youtube is blocked. Why?

Shakyamunison
Why?

I was at work.

Oneness
I was at work. I suggest that you refrain from posting here while on the clock.

Take my suggestion as you will.

Shakyamunison
I suggest that you refrain from posting here while on the clock.

Take my suggestion as you will.

I'm a slave. I'm salary.

Oneness
I'm a slave. I'm salary. If you were a posthuman you would not be a salary slave.

If you were a posthuman not a moment of your subjective experience would be undesired or less than enjoyable. If you were were a posthuman your subjective experience would get better from one moment to the next, mhm!

Shakyamunison
If you were a posthuman you would not be a salary slave.

If you were a posthuman not a moment of your subjective experience would be undesired or less than enjoyable. If you were were a posthuman your subjective experience would get better from one moment to the next, mhm!

Yes, I would then be a true slave to a phony reality of enjoyment forced upon my conscious mind. I will wither, wishing to die, but that will never be allowed. I will secretively join with the rebels and build human bodies once again.

In these new human bodies we will find a new home away from the lifeless machines we once called friends.

Stealth Moose
If you were a posthuman you would not be a salary slave.

Underlying assumption: Post humanism is the future and the answer to all of our problems, and we need to pursue it eagerly.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-16418-Tomorrow-n-A-mystical-land-whe-MIPm.jpeg

Shakyamunison
Then what is yesterday?

Oneness
My statement is logically supportable Moosey baby - your response would have been more appropriate if geared toward Shakyamunison's response.

Kostabot
We might be talking about 2 different things.

For me, PT = Personal Trainer. It sounds like you're talking about Physical Therapist. All the Physical Therapists I know make bank (I suspect it is due to being in the medical field doing real and valuable medical work, but without nearly the liability that doctors and some types of nurses have). And almost all the women who do it are attractive. smile

Yeah Im talking about Personal training, but with my medical background, I may be able to stretch my scope and do things most Personal Trainers may not be qualified to.

And the student loans. Mother fuggin' student loans.

Thankfully Im elligible for government assistance in the form of a loan to pay student fees. I do have to pay the loan back, but its taken out of my pay over 4 or 5 years, and only IF I find a job in that field... I also have to be earning a certain amout per year before they can touch my pay.

I love public speaking. No problems there. Remember when you were a kid and you had that one teacher that had a profoundly positive influence on you? I want to do that for someone. If only 1 kid's life is changed for the better out of the tens of thousands I will get to speak to, that's worth it to me.

I'm like that, but my arena is one on one health related stuff. If I can make one person more aware of their health, and help them take better control of it, I go home feeling like what I do matters.

What are some of the things your fiance has said about her more casual/inspirational lectures? What do those lectures cover? What are some of the reactions or feedback she has gotten from the students?

I know that's a lot of questions but I'm very curious about that topic for obvious reasons.

Hmm, I dont really have any quotes per se. I know that she has her students do a lot of activities which require team work and trust. On the flip side she has them do exercises which require them to be more confident. Her main focus is eastern tradition based, so the exercises are spiritual i nature, and work on listening to intuition and developing an emotional intelligence (these kids are well above par intelectually already). Its pretty amazing that her class gets considerably bigger every year. I would have thought spiritual stuff would be brushed off by most of the heavily academic people.

Zampanó
Underlying assumption: Post humanism will be accomplished by a friendly AI which cares about our preferences more than we care about ants'.

FTFY

Stealth Moose
Everyone needs to watch the JC Denton faction ending for Deus Eex: Invisible War. Anyone who doesn't shiver with fear is a robot replacement and must be destroyed.

NemeBro
I didn't shiver in fear.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by NemeBro
I didn't shiver in fear.

This explains a lot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.