Death Sentry Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
Blood Lusted and all out for the kill

tkitna
Is Death Sentry ever going to do anything? Its been like 2 books now and nothing.

Board Walker
Well he did beat up Thor (king thor?)

tkitna
Originally posted by Board Walker
Well he did beat up Thor (king thor?)

Yeah, but Thors a punk. laughing out loud

Tony Stark
Originally posted by tkitna

rolling on floor laughing

DSENTRY walks right through him.

Golgo13
Thanos with a flick of his wrists.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Golgo13
Thanos with a flick of his wrists.

Says "No thank you; I'm outta here..."

Golgo13
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Says "No thank you; I'm outta here..."

Sentry would be wise to say that, yes. Now you're catching on.

dial J for Josh
Sigh... Mods should start enforcing the 7-8 showing rule and close threads that make fights too early, because I wanted to make this thread a while ago but was waiting for deathtry to have more showings. no fair. cry

Tony Stark
Sentry would be wise to say that, yes. Now you're catching on.

You Cheeky Monkey cool

ShadowFyre
That wasnt King Thor but yeah he got the ko on Thor. Thanos should win but we will have to wait a couple more issues to see what Death Sentry is capable of.

Enzeru
Thanos is too slow to compete with a regular Sentry. How will he compete with an amped up Sentry? He won't.

Damborgson
Sentry didn't do anything Thanos couldn't do to Thor. And Thor's lightning actually hurt Death Sentry whereas Thanos ate it and asked for seconds.

Going with Thanos.

ShadowFyre
He would knock his ass out or kill him with a blast is what he would do to him. The same as he does to every other herald level character. Surfer is just as fast if not faster than Sentry and he had no problem almost killing him in a few blows. Surfer is far far more durable as well. Sentry just has the ability to reform. Forum rules state one kill. Thanos durability to energy attacks is to much for Sentry. And before we get into the few molecular manipulation feats that Sentry has Surfer has a hell of a lot more and he cant do it to Thanos. Thanos is simply beyond high herald low trans characters.

dial J for Josh
Deathtry is above all high heralds. With that said Damborgson is right I was thinking it and didn't want to say it, but he said it. Thanos didn't show any signs of pain towards thors lightning strikes but deathtry did, which is a good point and may show a potential sign. But ill still stalemate this until deathtry has more showings. The guy was only in a couple books lets give him some time to develop.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
He would knock his ass out or kill him with a blast is what he would do to him. The same as he does to every other herald level character. Surfer is just as fast if not faster than Sentry and he had no problem almost killing him in a few blows. Surfer is far far more durable as well. Sentry just has the ability to reform. Forum rules state one kill. Thanos durability to energy attacks is to much for Sentry. And before we get into the few molecular manipulation feats that Sentry has Surfer has a hell of a lot more and he cant do it to Thanos. Thanos is simply beyond high herald low trans characters.

confused DSENTRY being a Herald level character

Golgo13
confused DSENTRY being a Herald level character

More like mid tier. wink

carver9
Both are above Herald levels and both showed advantages when facing Thor. Even though Thanos didn't show a sign of damage during Thor attack, Thanos didn't punch Thor so hard that it shook an entire planet...hell, looking at both fights, Thor withstood Thanos punch far better than what was shown during his fight against Sentry.

This fight could go either way imo. If I had to give an edge...f it, I don't know who to give the edge too.

Tony Stark
More like mid tier. wink

Stop spamming. If you have a point then make it with some evidence.

Golgo13

Now you know how it feels like.

Tony Stark
Now you know how it feels like.

I'm just pointing out that your hypocrisy goes only so far; as someone is willing to let it.

Golgo13
I'm just pointing out that your hypocrisy goes only so far; as someone is willing to let it.

But he is, right? At least compared to Thanos.

Tony Stark
But he is, right? At least compared to Thanos.

Prove it... Don't give me your opinion. That's already been proven to be worthless.

celeyhyga17
THanos

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
THanos

Why?

Golgo13
Prove it... Don't give me your opinion. That's already been proven to be worthless.

Prove that Thanos is superior? It's a given. wink

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Why? prove it!

based on?

jaxthejester
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/78977/3206637-sentry+horseman2.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/78977/3206638-sentry+horseman3.jpg

Death Sentry is a brute.

He seems to be right in that "Thanos/Bridge-Gap" league.

The Titan may just get a dose of the ole' rippy rippy...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/83882/2214290-ares_vs_sentry.jpg

StiltmanFTW

thumb up

jaxthejester
Death Sentry seems the type to have a chip on his shoulder for the likes of Thanos too...

http://nomoremutants.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Uncanny-Avengers-11-Daniel-Acuna-4.png

StiltmanFTW
Thanos also made a quick work of him.

Golgo13
Nothing here Thanos can't replicate.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Thanos also made a quick work of him.

Of Sentry?

jaxthejester

I would love to see a scan of Thanos ripping his own face off.

Please do enlighten me. cool

Golgo13
Originally posted by jaxthejester
I would love to see a scan of Thanos ripping his own face off.

Please do enlighten me. cool

He'll rip Sentry's face right off.

StiltmanFTW
Of Sentry?

Of Thor.

jaxthejester
The difference is that Sentry can put his face back on.

Thanos has insane durability, but he's not a Cosmic Deadpool.

If you can manage to rip his heart out, he dies.

Sentry has shown Molecule Man Power-Set potential in the past.
And he appears to be at the top of his evolution right now.

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/sentry/sentry_hombre_molecula_9.jpg

I don't see what Thanos can do to keep him down in a straight up brawl.

jaxthejester
Of Thor.

Ah. That makes more sense.

Tony Stark

NOT true... Whatsoever

Although, DSENTRY stated on panel that he wasn't going to kill him; because he wanted him around for later on. He whilst holding back stilled KO'd THOR with one Heat vision blast.

Where as THANOS who was most definitely wasn't holding back; for that's rarely his style. Was unable to do the same with his Heat Vision blast.

Golgo13
Thanos took multiple lightning strikes from Thor like it was nothing. Sentry LOSES.

Tony Stark

Jynocidus
smokin'

Golgo13

JayDaDon
Lol at the notion that Thanos went all out against Thor

Damborgson
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Lol at the notion that Thanos went all out against Thor

Thanos was fighting very, very limited during Infinity from what I saw. Didn't use shields, mental attacks, few energy blasts, etc. And he was still owning the best of Marvel's heralds.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thanos was fighting very, very limited during Infinity from what I saw. Didn't use shields, mental attacks, few energy blasts, etc. And he was still owning the best of Marvel's heralds.

thumb up

JakeTheBank
Thanos. And like Damborgson said, Thanos wasn't doing anything exotic outside of just blasting and punching and Thanos grinning.

Stranglehold300
Originally posted by Enzeru
Thanos is too slow to compete with a regular Sentry. How will he compete with an amped up Sentry? He won't.

Um...Yeah...Thanos has dealt with people with far better speed feats than Sentry. People like the Silver Surfer.

He has actually reacted to a speed blitz by Fallen One. Sentry isnt going to be any different.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Stranglehold300
Um...Yeah...Thanos has dealt with people with far better speed feats than Sentry. People like the Silver Surfer.
He has actually reacted to a speed blitz by Fallen One. Sentry isnt going to be any different.

I'm the first one to tell you to stop coming up with low showings for characters to make a point, but right now this isn't even going to be one of these instances:

Thanos is a slow, brute character. It has been established through out the comics that he is simply slow. The Runner made fun of him (but he would make fun of many characters), Eros made fun of him and even Captain Mar-Vell was outspeeding Thanos. Hell, Thanos was unable to catch Spider-Man and sent his guards after him.

THE HULK has much better speed feats than Thanos. THE HULK is a much faster character than Thanos judging by what we've seen in the comics and THE HULK is still a slow brute, just like Thanos. Having super-speed is not a part of their power-set.

Thanos tagging someone like Silver Surfer (who I don't consider having actualy combat super speed) happens for the sake of the comic, just like Batman is capable of absorbing a shot of Superman happens for the sake of the comic.

Stranglehold300
I'm the first one to tell you to stop coming up with low showings for characters to make a point, but right now this isn't even going to be one of these instances:

Thanos is a slow, brute character. It has been established through out the comics that he is simply slow. The Runner made fun of him (but he would make fun of many characters), Eros made fun of him and even Captain Mar-Vell was outspeeding Thanos. Hell, Thanos was unable to catch Spider-Man and sent his guards after him.

THE HULK has much better speed feats than Thanos. THE HULK is a much faster character than Thanos judging by what we've seen in the comics and THE HULK is still a slow brute, just like Thanos. Having super-speed is not a part of their power-set.

Thanos tagging someone like Silver Surfer (who I don't consider having actualy combat super speed) happens for the sake of the comic, just like Batman is capable of absorbing a shot of Superman happens for the sake of the comic.

How the heck am I low balling Sentry??? It is a FACT that Silver Surfer has far better speed feats than Sentry or else do you disagree. As for the Fallen One. It is a FACT that he reacted to his speed blitz.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/67956/1520965-1045656_crescendo_super.jpg

The Fallen One who is a powerful herald himself. The point is SPEEDSTERS ARE NOTHING NEW TO THANOS.

1. The Runner is far faster than the Sentry. So moot point. And I believe Thanos defeated him afterwards.

2. Wrong. Thanos has shown to have quick reactions. He reaction to Fallen Ones speed blitz is evident of that.

3. Thanos molliwhooped both Spiderman and Eros on many occasions that its not even funny. Another moot point. And yeah I'm lowballing a character, when you're continuing to do it.

4. Comparing Hulk to Thanos in terms of speed is another moot point by you. You missed the point of my post. You said Sentry speed would be too much for Thanos. I said Thanos has REACTED to speedsters just as fast or FASTER than the Sentry.

5. It doesn't matter if SS has good combat speed or not, the fact is Thanos has reacted to his speed blitz.

Enzeru
How the heck am I low balling Sentry???

That was not directed towards you, but in general.

It is a FACT that Silver Surfer has far better speed feats than Sentry or else do you disagree. As for the Fallen One. It is a FACT that he reacted to his speed blitz.

Thanos has also stopped Mjolnir before. Spider-Man has dodged Mjolnir before.
But was Mjolnir moving at his max capacity? I highly doubt that, otherwise Thanos and Spider-Man would have reaction speeds three times faster than the speed of light - at minimum.

Hulk has been able to punch the Sentry. Sentry, who is much, much, much faster than the speed of light. Does that mean that Hulk also has FTL reaction speeds?
No. It means that characters with a serious degree of super speed were not using it to its fullest at that point.

Let me show you what a real speedblitz is:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2179442-2.jpg

That's a speedblitz. When something already happens in a devastating fashion with few blurs being left behind.

"But but but, Thanos has better reactions than Morgana..."
Of course he does, but at the same time he has been established as a slow character. Multiple character SAID that he is slow! Him tagging fast characters for the purpose of tagging them does not hold any value at that point, because we know that super speed is not a part of Thanos' power-set.

The Fallen One who is a powerful herald himself. The point is SPEEDSTERS ARE NOTHING NEW TO THANOS.

Because he tagged Fallen Sun and Silver Surfer? Thor has tagged similar people and in different instances he was absolutely chanceless.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180716-7.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180717-8.jpg

^ That is such an instance. Osborn orders Void to destroy Asgard and Void bullrushs through the city before Thor is capable of doing anything. He didn't even manage to throw Mjolnir and Void was already destroying the city. You see holding his hammer-wielding arm up ready to throw, but all he can do at that point is to whisper: "No", since the damage has already been done.

So yeah, Thanos would have MAJOR problems in a well written comic.

1. The Runner is far faster than the Sentry. So moot point. And I believe Thanos defeated him afterwards.

First encounter where Thanos was outclassed in terms of speed.

2. Wrong. Thanos has shown to have quick reactions. He reaction to Fallen Ones speed blitz is evident of that.

Second encounter where Thanos was outclassed in terms of speed.
Captain Mar-Vell was making fun of Thanos and the narration also told us that Captain Mar-Vell himself made the mistake a fly slightly too low and too slow, which gave Thanos the ability to grab him.

3. Thanos molliwhooped both Spiderman and Eros on many occasions that its not even funny. Another moot point. And yeah I'm lowballing a character, when you're continuing to do it.

Third and fourth encounter where Thanos couldn't compete with the speed of his opponents. Eros made fun of him, saying that he is slow and Eros is really not a THAT fast character. Thanos also had to send his guards after Spider-Man. If he had super-speed he would have catched Spider-Man immediately.

Thanos is slow, face it. Get the hell off with your fanboyish nonsense.

4. Comparing Hulk to Thanos in terms of speed is another moot point by you. You missed the point of my post. You said Sentry speed would be too much for Thanos. I said Thanos has REACTED to speedsters just as fast or FASTER than the Sentry.

Hulk also reacted to speedsters, but he still loses every single fight to Superman on forums, because everyone (besides Carver and some of his offsprings) acknowledges that Hulk wouldn't even see Superman hitting him over and over again, which would overload Hulk's healing factor in a matter of seconds.

Sentry is MUCH faster than Thanos... like they're not even in the same galaxy speed-wise.

5. It doesn't matter if SS has good combat speed or not, the fact is Thanos has reacted to his speed blitz.

You're hopeless, if you stick to that crap.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thanos. And like Damborgson said, Thanos wasn't doing anything exotic outside of just blasting and punching and Thanos grinning.

WTF...is Jake back?

Supra
Thanos has been ended..

Supra

I guess your only one who actually reads comics here as well. +1 rep

Tony Stark
Thanos laughed off Thor's attacks and swatted him away. Just like he did Hulk and Sentry. smokin'

THANOS laughed off an attack by SENTRY and then swatted him away...? Please post that; or at least title, vol. and issue. I've never seen that.

cool

carver9

Lol at Hulk being a slow brute. I already proved you wrong a whole back about this.

Stranglehold300
That was not directed towards you, but in general.

Thanos has also stopped Mjolnir before. Spider-Man has dodged Mjolnir before.
But was Mjolnir moving at his max capacity? I highly doubt that, otherwise Thanos and Spider-Man would have reaction speeds three times faster than the speed of light - at minimum.

Hulk has been able to punch the Sentry. Sentry, who is much, much, much faster than the speed of light. Does that mean that Hulk also has FTL reaction speeds?
No. It means that characters with a serious degree of super speed were not using it to its fullest at that point.

Let me show you what a real speedblitz is:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2179442-2.jpg

That's a speedblitz. When something already happens in a devastating fashion with few blurs being left behind.

"But but but, Thanos has better reactions than Morgana..."
Of course he does, but at the same time he has been established as a slow character. Multiple character SAID that he is slow! Him tagging fast characters for the purpose of tagging them does not hold any value at that point, because we know that super speed is not a part of Thanos' power-set.

Because he tagged Fallen Sun and Silver Surfer? Thor has tagged similar people and in different instances he was absolutely chanceless.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180716-7.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180717-8.jpg

^ That is such an instance. Osborn orders Void to destroy Asgard and Void bullrushs through the city before Thor is capable of doing anything. He didn't even manage to throw Mjolnir and Void was already destroying the city. You see holding his hammer-wielding arm up ready to throw, but all he can do at that point is to whisper: "No", since the damage has already been done.

So yeah, Thanos would have MAJOR problems in a well written comic.

First encounter where Thanos was outclassed in terms of speed.

Second encounter where Thanos was outclassed in terms of speed.
Captain Mar-Vell was making fun of Thanos and the narration also told us that Captain Mar-Vell himself made the mistake a fly slightly too low and too slow, which gave Thanos the ability to grab him.

Third and fourth encounter where Thanos couldn't compete with the speed of his opponents. Eros made fun of him, saying that he is slow and Eros is really not a THAT fast character. Thanos also had to send his guards after Spider-Man. If he had super-speed he would have catched Spider-Man immediately.

Thanos is slow, face it. Get the hell off with your fanboyish nonsense.

Hulk also reacted to speedsters, but he still loses every single fight to Superman on forums, because everyone (besides Carver and some of his offsprings) acknowledges that Hulk wouldn't even see Superman hitting him over and over again, which would overload Hulk's healing factor in a matter of seconds.

Sentry is MUCH faster than Thanos... like they're not even in the same galaxy speed-wise.

You're hopeless, if you stick to that crap.

I dont even want to debate you anymore because your clearly keep misinterpreting my post and starting with the insults. Where have I stated that Thanos was faster than Sentry or was trying to argue that Thanos was fast??? My point was Thanos has fought against people just as fast or faster than Sentry, that was my point.

Insane Titan
The sentry fanboy has been proven wrong on everything he has said time and time again but still continues to say the same thing

ShadowFyre
So howcome when anyone else but Sentry gets hit or anything like that it is because they are weak and slow but when Sentry gets hit it is just for the plot. Newsflash its all for the plot. Some of you peiple are ridicilous all you do is hang on to ONE showing against a massively nerfed Molecule Man and you start saying Sentry can beat Odin and Galactus etc. Sounds kinda hypocritical to me. When Sentry does it its because he is so powerful. But when it happens to him its pis? Bullshit

Enzeru
Lol at Hulk being a slow brute. I already proved you wrong a whole back about this.

Hulk is a slow brute. Deal with it.

Originally posted by Insane Titan
The sentry fanboy has been proven wrong on everything he has said time and time again but still continues to say the same thing

Oh my freakin' god, the IRONY in this!

LordofBrooklyn

The irony here is almost unbearable! laughing out loud

I've challenged you on several occassions to back up your assertions with facts. None have been answered.

One-Punch
http://s27.postimg.org/ut8lykmnj/Uncanny_Avengers_011_014.jpg Vs. http://s24.postimg.org/98i291hkh/Infinity_006_034.jpg

"Yeragh--!" Vs. "Do it again."

evil face

Enzeru
Originally posted by One-Punch
http://s27.postimg.org/ut8lykmnj/Uncanny_Avengers_011_014.jpg Vs. http://s24.postimg.org/98i291hkh/Infinity_006_034.jpg

evil face

I don't think there is anyone else in comic books who has a stronger will than Thanos. That's one of his traits. He will take punishment and ask for more.

But that doesn't mean that he didn't feel the lightning. He looked pretty fried afterwards to me. Sentry took the lightning and screamed, but there was no damage on him. Thor also managed to hurt Glory and in my opinion also the Chaos King with his lightning. Does this mean that Thanos is now more durable than they are?

No. Thanos is durable. He took the lightning and he took obvious damage, but he asked for more, because he is that badass.

Context.

carver9
No one is saying this is a durability contest. Of course anyone sane would think/know Thanos is more durable than Sentry. This is a testament of power. I think Sentry is overall more powerful. The guy punched Thor with enough strength to shake an entire planet. Don't know how that is going unnoticed.

This fight could go either way. Hope we see more from this Sentry.

iceman24567
Thanos everytime

Sin I AM
Thanos hard

Tony Stark
Originally posted by One-Punch

evil face

DSENTRY was just doing his part on bring your pirate to school day on that alien planet.

ShadowFyre
Why? Because he has one showing against the guy who KILLED him and it took him help from an outside source to come back. Whoop whoop. Oh my god. He knocked out Thor he must be skyfather ++++++. He doesent have enough feats and for all the good ones Sentry does have he has super shitty ones to average em out. Thanos has a much longer history of beating and fighting people Sentry couldnt do shit to. Quit hanging on to that one molecule man thing. That is literally the only thing yall have to even put him in a fight with Thanos. Oh wait..Spiderman said some hyperbole crap that one time.And a few other characters sid something that one time.

Epicurus
Having super-speed is not a part of their power-set.
I bet you've not read a single issue of the most recent Hulk comics or appearances.

jaxthejester
So let's see here...

Sentry moves well beyond light speed.
He is far stronger than Thor in his current incarnation.
His current strength maximum is unknown, but he dropped Thor (a Herald Class Foe) with less than three solid strikes.
By contrast; Thanos took down Surfer (who is highly comparable to Thor when it comes to jaw strength, IMO) in three punches as I recall.

...that indicates a VERY similar striking power.
With the difference being that one moves at light speed and can land a blitz of Flash-Like hits for each of Thanos' return strikes.

Thanos has a primary form that is HIGHLY durable flesh.
But a scream from BB can bloody his face. He is not invulnerable. Just VERY hard to harm.
If Thanos were to face a creature strong enough to rip his face off, Thanos would fall.

Sentry has a form that is solid based mostly on his subconscious will.
His primary form is energy based. Not solid. He exists as a full controlled body of molecules.
This allowed him to reform from beyond blown apart by Molecule Man.
This allowed him to blow Owen apart in return.
It allowed him to assume the energy/octopus form of Void.
It allowed him to tank hits from a Herald with no evident damage or effect.
It has allowed him to rip his own face off, and show the meat below it to Thor.
Something that Thanos would risk self-K.O. (at the least) from attempting.

Thanos has taken to a Smash Mouth approach to combat.
He blasts. He punches. And he relies on his shields/durability to keep him standing.
But he acts on a system of high durability for defense. Not insane healing factor. He is no Lobo.

Sentry, on the other hand, has shown a healing factor that is immeasurable.
Total molecular body control. The ability to rebuild his form from total annihilation.
Virtual immunity to physical damage.
And the ability to reform from death by molecular based damage.

Thanos can blow Sentry apart, and Sentry has Feats (in arguably lesser form) that show he is capable of re-creating a new body as needed.

Thanos can rend his flesh from the bone. Sentry has shown no need for it. He just pulled a Ghost Rider (style) finish on Thor. Flesh damage is looking rather useless.

Sentry can strike Thanos with force that is arguably in the same league as his own.
This is based on compared "Herald Class" combat analysis.
Thanos dropped Surfer in three hits.
Thor has knocked Surfer out cold on more than one occasion.
Sentry dropped Thor in in LESS than three hits.

This shows that BOTH men can drop a Herald/Godling Class foe out in roughly 2-3 strikes.
And BOTh men have yet to find challenge to their strength limit beyond this in their current forms.

So we don't know who is currently stronger. Most assume Thanos. But have no way to quantify it beyond character preference.
And no way to show "how much" stronger Thanos is (if indeed he is at all).

Strength is thus either up in the air, or "may" favor Thanos.

We have durability that seems to favor Thanos. It's hard to hurt him.
And Healing/Reconstruction that HIGHLY favors Sentry. It doesn't seem to matter if you hurt him.

We have a HUGE speed advantage for Sentry.
The guy can move at multiple time the speed of light, and has blitzing Feats much like Superman.
Thanos will hit him. I have no doubt of this. But Sentry, sans PIS, should hit Thanos a plethora of times for each counter strike.
This in turn SHOULD counter much of any "strength gap" between the two.

...looking at the tell of the tape- why exactly are folks screaming for Thanos? confused1

Seriously-

Sentry has a HUGE edge in speed.

Sentry has a HUGE edge in regeneration; seeming virtually immune to conventional damage.

Both have "beyond Thor/Surfer" Class Strength.
Neither have a defined upper limit for their Strength.

And Thanos is not invulnerable. He can be harmed.
Black Bolts voice helped to define the limits of Thanos' durability.
One scream to the face is enough to bloody Thanos up a bit. Minor damage was done.
If BB had pulled out a large song book and started singing X-Mas Carols into Purple Chin's face- Thanos would have eventually fallen down.
That is simple logic based on direct on-panel evidence.
And it proves simply this one vital point... Thanos is NOT Juggernaut.
You "can" beat Thanos into a state of unconsciousness.

But you "cannot" beat down a creature that is capable of simply re-creating itself if you rip it apart.
Or that can rip itself apart just to show you its skull for dramatic effect.

Honestly- why wouldn't Death Sentry take this?

Enzeru
Originally posted by Epicurus
I bet you've not read a single issue of the most recent Hulk comics or appearances.

In fact I have - nearly all of them. Hulk wielding his arms very fast around himself and punching away a couple of cowboys doesn't establish him as a speedster.

In an issue few weeks ago he was inside a tower and was BFR'ed by his opponents. We saw him at the horizont and he started to run towards the tower again, but his opponents were calm, because they knew he would need half of a minute to cover that distance ... a distance people with actual super speed cover in distance.

Sentry and other characters with super-speed outclass Hulk, when it comes to speed...

Show me Hulk / Thanos doing this:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180794-1.jpg

Or this:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180797-2.jpg

Or this:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2179458-4.jpg

You won't be able to, because Hulk and Thanos are slow brutes. No one denies that they can move and punch faster than the average person, or hell probably even the most peak humans in comics - but that's also it.

But hey, I've seen Hulk fanboys, who are retarded to a point where they're saying that Hulk is faster than the speed of light due to gamma rays being as fast as light or some insane ... INSANE ... LITERALLY INSANE bullcrap like that.
Are you one of those retarded Hulk fanboys? Damn, I hope you're not, otherwise this was a total waste of my precious time.

abhilegend
No one is saying this is a durability contest. Of course anyone sane would think/know Thanos is more durable than Sentry. This is a testament of power. I think Sentry is overall more powerful. The guy punched Thor with enough strength to shake an entire planet. Don't know how that is going unnoticed.

This fight could go either way. Hope we see more from this Sentry.
The weakest Thanos destroyed a planet in a strength contest with Drax.

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o783/dbzrk/Energy6_zpsa0b55798.jpg

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o783/dbzrk/Energy62_zps725bfc6e.jpg

jaxthejester
Well beyond Herald Class Power-

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/sentry/sentry_terrax_1.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122199/3427295-2494402-1577469_sentry_vs_terrax_super.jpeg

jaxthejester
Well beyond Planet Smashing Power...

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/sentry/sentry_photon.jpg

jaxthejester
And total molecular control, long before his Death Upgrade...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123441/2766672-sentry_vs_molecule_man_3.jpg

Enzeru
Originally posted by abhilegend
The weakest Thanos destroyed a planet in a strength contest with Drax.

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o783/dbzrk/Energy6_zpsa0b55798.jpg

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o783/dbzrk/Energy62_zps725bfc6e.jpg

If we look at the comics as their own universe and not as a writers take on the story, then we come to the following conclusion:

Thanos and Drax clashed and the force of the impact destroyed the planet they were on, which is a legit feat - no one denies that, but ...
... Recently in Infinity Thanos had to rely on a bomb to destroy the Earth, so he is not able to do it under his own power, since the Earth is too big and the planet he destroyed in the past was smaller.

Sentry on the other hand was fighting Thor on a planet with 19 billion residents. Does that instantly mean that the planet was 3 times bigger than the Earth? No, not necessarily, but it was still probably a very big planet and only the impact of the punch on Thor's face was felt around the entire planet.
Additionally to that Sentry has planet busting feats as well already.

Death Seed Sentry > Thanos, it's that simple.

abhilegend
I don't care about this fight. AT ALL. I was just correcting carver.

Enzeru
I don't care about this fight. AT ALL. I was just correcting carver.

And I don't care what you don't care about. AT ALL. I was just throwing out information, which should be considered by serious gentlemen-debaters.

StiltmanFTW
http://i39.tinypic.com/4uwjdi.jpg

abhilegend
And I don't care what you don't care about. AT ALL. Feeling is mutual, I see. The difference is that you seem to be pretty butthurt about it. Was I talking to you? If no, then shut up and talk about your sentry infatuation to someone who cares.

Enzeru
Feeling is mutual, I see. The difference is that you seem to be pretty butthurt about it. Was I talking to you? If no, then shut up and talk about your sentry infatuation to someone who cares.

The thing is that you're in a Marvel thread. Marvel should be the same to you as girls are to Raj, so shhh. SHHH. If you have to say something, whisper it in Rao Kal El's ear.

Tony Stark
The thing is that you're in a Marvel thread. Marvel should be the same to you as girls are to Raj, so shhh. SHHH. If you have to say something, whisper it in Rao Kal El's ear.

zopzop
All this ganging up on Sentry is disgusting me. Leave that basket case alone!

DSentry wins (so Enzeru and Tony Stark don't feel bad).

abhilegend
I am in a KMC thread. Rest assured, I've read far more marvel comics than you have boy.

Also you are talking about girls? A sentry fan?

Hahahahaha.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by zopzop
All this ganging up on Sentry is disgusting me. Leave that basket case alone!

DSentry wins (so Enzeru and Tony Stark don't feel bad).

Really Zop? Zoparoni? The Zopinator? Zoptastic? Zopamcfunbags? Ibelieve your exact words were "that boy full o fail". Endquote

carver9
In fact I have - nearly all of them. Hulk wielding his arms very fast around himself and punching away a couple of cowboys doesn't establish him as a speedster.

In an issue few weeks ago he was inside a tower and was BFR'ed by his opponents. We saw him at the horizont and he started to run towards the tower again, but his opponents were calm, because they knew he would need half of a minute to cover that distance ... a distance people with actual super speed cover in distance.

Sentry and other characters with super-speed outclass Hulk, when it comes to speed...

Show me Hulk / Thanos doing this:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180794-1.jpg

Or this:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180797-2.jpg

Or this:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2179458-4.jpg

You won't be able to, because Hulk and Thanos are slow brutes. No one denies that they can move and punch faster than the average person, or hell probably even the most peak humans in comics - but that's also it.

But hey, I've seen Hulk fanboys, who are retarded to a point where they're saying that Hulk is faster than the speed of light due to gamma rays being as fast as light or some insane ... INSANE ... LITERALLY INSANE bullcrap like that.
Are you one of those retarded Hulk fanboys? Damn, I hope you're not, otherwise this was a total waste of my precious time.

You don't know what you are talking about.

zopzop
Really Zop? Zoparoni? The Zopinator? Zoptastic? Zopamcfunbags? Ibelieve your exact words were "that boy full o fail". Endquote
Hey, I said I feel bad for Tony and Enzeru. Forum gangbangs are boring.

I'm hoping DSentry does something spectacular but let's face it, he's gonna be taken down by Thor.

Prof. T.C McAbe

thumb up

He is to Sentry what Quan is to Thanos.

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
thumb up

He is to Sentry what Quan is to Thanos.

Preach it brother.

abhilegend
He is actually worse. He thinks he is actually right.

Enzeru
Also you are talking about girls? A sentry fan?

This doesn't make any sense at all. Like at all, really. There is no connection whatsoever.

Oh, the irony.
Carver, Hulk is only in your green paradise of a world world fast enough to compete with speedsters.

Originally posted by zopzop
Hey, I said I feel bad for Tony and Enzeru.

Aren't you the guy who gives Terrax the majority over Pre New 52 Black Adam? Hmmmmm.

zopzop
Aren't you the guy who gives Terrax the majority over Pre New 52 Black Adam? Hmmmmm.
Yes. I said it could go either way but I'm going with Terrax.

Now shut it and defend your nutcase in this thread.

ShadowFyre
Well to be fair. Thanos is a legitimate threat to the Marvel Universe where Sentry is only a threat to himself. Sentry has never done a single thing to put him on par with Thanos. He overloaded the absorbing man and beat a molecule man who apparently had a fraction of his power. When he does something worthwhile besides get beat by Thor(again) in the next few issues. ( I know something yall dont know haha ) then we can have a debate.

abhilegend
This doesn't make any sense at all. Like at all, really. There is no connection whatsoever. Of course there is. Aren't you the smart guy here? Figure it out.

carver9
This doesn't make any sense at all. Like at all, really. There is no connection whatsoever.

Oh, the irony.
Carver, Hulk is only in your green paradise of a world world fast enough to compete with speedsters.

I already ripped your argument apart a while ago. Also, using your argument, Sentry wouldn't be able to lay a glove on people like Superman and Gladiator since their speed fts piss on anything Sentry has done. Hell, Nova Prime speed fts are better than Sentrys.

thumb up

Enzeru
Of course there is. Aren't you the smart guy here? Figure it out.

I am and there is still no connection.

And I'm sure that you don't mean that because of Sentry's long hair and his overall handsomeness all of his fans are supposed to be gay. You don't have that in mind, that's for sure, because that would make you look like a homophobic racist.

But then again, I'm calling you "Raj" all the time, so who am I to judge, right?

I already ripped your argument apart a while ago. Also, using your argument, Sentry wouldn't be able to lay a glove on people like Superman and Gladiator since their speed fts piss on anything Sentry has done. Hell, Nova Prime speed fts are better than Sentrys.

1. Hulk is still slow and can't tag even Spider-Man properly.

2. Hulk still needed at least 30 seconds or something like that to travel a - for speedsters - laughable distance.

3. Yes, Superman's and Gladiator's nano-second reaction feats **** on Sentry's milli-second reaction feats.

abhilegend
I am and there is still no connection. Wrong on both accounts.

wink

carver9
I am and there is still no connection.

And I'm sure that you don't mean that because of Sentry's long hair and his overall handsomeness all of his fans are supposed to be gay. You don't have that in mind, that's for sure, because that would make you look like a homophobic racist.

But then again, I'm calling you "Raj" all the time, so who am I to judge, right?

1. Hulk is still slow and can't tag even Spider-Man properly.

2. Hulk still needed at least 30 seconds or something like that to travel a - for speedsters - laughable distance.

3. Yes, Superman's and Gladiator's nano-second reaction feats **** on Sentry's milli-second reaction feats.

Lol...Hulk has super speed and has displayed this on numerous of occasions. Like when he punched Sentry in the face during mid blitz, and during this time...

This combat speed ft piss on any combat speed showing Sentry has...
I agree with you Sorrow...I just think that showing was more in-depth. Also, I think this belongs here.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IndestructibleHulk12010.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IndestructibleHulk12011.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IndestructibleHulk12012.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IndestructibleHulk12013.jpg

the Darkone
Thanos is vastly superior than Sentry regardless what upgrade he receives. Thanos is high trans as where Death Sentry is High herald or low trans still below the power and might of Thanos who eats High heralds and low trans beings for lunch.

iceman24567
So let's see here...

Sentry moves well beyond light speed.
He is far stronger than Thor in his current incarnation.
His current strength maximum is unknown, but he dropped Thor (a Herald Class Foe) with less than three solid strikes.
By contrast; Thanos took down Surfer (who is highly comparable to Thor when it comes to jaw strength, IMO) in three punches as I recall.

...that indicates a VERY similar striking power.
With the difference being that one moves at light speed and can land a blitz of Flash-Like hits for each of Thanos' return strikes.

Thanos has a primary form that is HIGHLY durable flesh.
But a scream from BB can bloody his face. He is not invulnerable. Just VERY hard to harm.
If Thanos were to face a creature strong enough to rip his face off, Thanos would fall.

His primary form is energy based. Not solid. He exists as a full controlled body of molecules.
This allowed him to reform from beyond blown apart by Molecule Man.
This allowed him to blow Owen apart in return.
It allowed him to assume the energy/octopus form of Void.

Thanos has taken to a Smash Mouth approach to combat.
He blasts. He punches. And he relies on his shields/durability to keep him standing.
But he acts on a system of high durability for defense. Not insane healing factor. He is no Lobo.

Sentry, on the other hand, has shown a healing factor that is immeasurable.
Total molecular body control. The ability to rebuild his form from total annihilation.
Virtual immunity to physical damage.
And the ability to reform from death by molecular based damage.

Thanos can blow Sentry apart, and Sentry has Feats (in arguably lesser form) that show he is capable of re-creating a new body as needed.

Thanos can rend his flesh from the bone. Sentry has shown no need for it. He just pulled a Ghost Rider (style) finish on Thor. Flesh damage is looking rather useless.

Sentry can strike Thanos with force that is arguably in the same league as his own.
This is based on compared "Herald Class" combat analysis.
Thanos dropped Surfer in three hits.
Thor has knocked Surfer out cold on more than one occasion.
Sentry dropped Thor in in LESS than three hits.

This shows that BOTH men can drop a Herald/Godling Class foe out in roughly 2-3 strikes.
And BOTh men have yet to find challenge to their strength limit beyond this in their current forms.

So we don't know who is currently stronger. Most assume Thanos. But have no way to quantify it beyond character preference.
And no way to show "how much" stronger Thanos is (if indeed he is at all).

Strength is thus either up in the air, or "may" favor Thanos.

We have durability that seems to favor Thanos. It's hard to hurt him.
And Healing/Reconstruction that HIGHLY favors Sentry. It doesn't seem to matter if you hurt him.

We have a HUGE speed advantage for Sentry.
The guy can move at multiple time the speed of light, and has blitzing Feats much like Superman.
Thanos will hit him. I have no doubt of this. But Sentry, sans PIS, should hit Thanos a plethora of times for each counter strike.
This in turn SHOULD counter much of any "strength gap" between the two.

...looking at the tell of the tape- why exactly are folks screaming for Thanos? confused1

Seriously-

Sentry has a HUGE edge in speed.

Sentry has a HUGE edge in regeneration; seeming virtually immune to conventional damage.

Both have "beyond Thor/Surfer" Class Strength.
Neither have a defined upper limit for their Strength.

And Thanos is not invulnerable. He can be harmed.
Black Bolts voice helped to define the limits of Thanos' durability.
One scream to the face is enough to bloody Thanos up a bit. Minor damage was done.
If BB had pulled out a large song book and started singing X-Mas Carols into Purple Chin's face- Thanos would have eventually fallen down.
That is simple logic based on direct on-panel evidence.
And it proves simply this one vital point... Thanos is NOT Juggernaut.
You "can" beat Thanos into a state of unconsciousness.

But you "cannot" beat down a creature that is capable of simply re-creating itself if you rip it apart.
Or that can rip itself apart just to show you its skull for dramatic effect.

Honestly- why wouldn't Death Sentry take this? Pretty sure you just wasted a half hour on this shitfest. Sentry can be koed just like Thanos and they both possess the same level of regen so you would be wrong. Thanos wins

psycho gundam

lmao

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

tkitna
Not so sure it would be easily. Thanos would have to put a good bit of effort into it.

quanchi112
Not so sure it would be easily. Thanos would have to put a good bit of effort into it. What makes you say so ?

jaxthejester
Originally posted by iceman24567
Pretty sure you just wasted a half hour on this shitfest. Sentry can be koed just like Thanos and they both possess the same level of regen so you would be wrong. Thanos wins

Half an hour? I typed that in real time you knuckle dragger.

Come back with a few counter points. Then we can talk.

Till then, try to post something worth reading. Showing your ass doesn't count.

smokin'

jaxthejester
And how in the Blue Hell does Thanos have the same Regen ability as Sentry?

Did I miss the issue where Thanos "re-formed his heart" after Drax ripped it out?

Cuz' I could have sworn he was laid TFO by that maneuver.
Less than 5% total body mass removed, and he fell.

So I can only assume I missed this issue where Thanos was atomized (not just heart ripped), and then created a new body for himself and re-appeared a few minutes later.

Yep. Musta' missed that issue.

...must have.

Khazra Reborn
Thanos has crazy regen. He completely healed from the amount of matter you'd find in a dust pan after Drax hit him with that anti-matter charge.

But, that's also a byproduct of the whole can't die schtick.

jaxthejester
You know. The issue where Thanos just up and fast- recovered from this degree of flesh damage:

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Drax-Kills-Thanos.jpg

So where is that issue?

The one where he hops right back up, all good to go, after losing his heart to Drax?

Because a single organ should be CAKE for someone to re-create if they can mimic Sentry's ability to re-create his form from dust and goo.

I'd love to read the missing issue where Thanos replicates this Feat.

If someone could post that thumb (or even an issue number), I would love to pick it up. Really. Sounds great.

Anyone? Guy in the back? No?

Huh.

How very odd.

Khazra Reborn
Thanos Imperative 3 or 4. It's probably in his respect thread.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Thanos has crazy regen. He completely healed from the amount of matter you'd find in a dust pan after Drax hit him with that anti-matter charge.

But, that's also a byproduct of the whole can't die schtick.

Mr Majestic fan, eh? Cool character. He should cut off more heads, IMO. But cool character none the less.

So-

Death rejects Thanos and reforms him due to refusal to allow him to die.

Is that not a DEATH feat, then?

Without outside interference from Death itself; Thanos cannot self replicate.

Thus... it stands that simply losing his heart is enough to take down Thanos when he left to his "own" power-set.

Yes? smokin'

Khazra Reborn
I dunno, if you consider his curse part of his powers. Either way, as far as I know he's still unable to die, so it's a viable point.

Majestros is the man. But they shit on him, and his noble origins in the New 52, I really hope they fix it.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by psycho gundam
lmao

I crack me up too. stick out tongue

"Thanos, expecting Death to embrace him for his actions, becomes enraged when she once again spurns him.
Teleporting the rest of their comrades to safety, Star Lord and Nova remain behind to contain Thanos, who blames the heroes for Death's manipulation of him and vows to make the entire universe suffer."

Sound about right?

Death, as we know, is an entity in the MU that can act, interfere with others, combat others, and even die herself.

Having her reject Thanos, thus forcing a resurrection, is HER power-set at work- not his.

Death could do as much for anyone. This is not a Thanos power.

But...

I suppose Thanos can be thankful for a Cosmic Skirt coming to his aid in the face of defeat.

He did stalk the poor entity enough to make her give him the finger.
I suppose that is a form of power.

Sentry should probably just buy his ass a copy of "She's jut not that into you", and let him read it FTW.

jaxthejester
I dunno, if you consider his curse part of his powers. Either way, as far as I know he's still unable to die, so it's a viable point.

Majestros is the man. But they shit on him, and his noble origins in the New 52, I really hope they fix it.

Agreed about Majestic.

His Feats are insane. Re-arranging worlds like Silver Ager Superman.
Reprogramming Eradicator.
Thinking and moving at trans-light speeds.
Invisible weapons that can behead Herald Class foes...

Hell- he would make for a helluva Thanos foe by his lonesome, IMHO.

jaxthejester
I haven't read much New 52.

Did they power nerf him? Shame if so...

Khazra Reborn
In a purely physical sense he's probably pretty close to Superman, with a few outliers here and there(high and low) and a little added versatility. With all his toys he'd make a decent showing against Thanos, but on average he's well above Maj.

They didn't seem to nerf him, he only has one or two appearances, but they turned him into some kind of stupid amnesiac clone thingy.

jaxthejester
In a purely physical sense he's probably pretty close to Superman, with a few outliers here and there(high and low) and a little added versatility. With all his toys he'd make a decent showing against Thanos, but on average he's well above Maj.

They didn't seem to nerf him, he only has one or two appearances, but they turned him into some kind of stupid amnesiac clone thingy.

Well... that's just a damn shame.

His origin was great as-is.
A noble lord that is not afraid to deal out justice like a King.
Why water that down into another Super-Clone?

New 52 is not impressing me with such choices...

the Darkone
Thanos can't die permanently unless Death permits it, Thanos can't be killed unlike Sentry who can be. Thanos will laugh in Death Sentry face with a smile and say " I am Death Avatar B*** " and then proceed to beat the living sh** out of the head case and give him the true death.

Bouboumaster
Thanos wins, obviously

Enzeru
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos can't die permanently unless Death permits it, Thanos can't be killed unlike Sentry who can be. Thanos will laugh in Death Sentry face with a smile and say " I am Death Avatar B*** " and then proceed to beat the living sh** out of the head case and give him the true death.

Sentry can't die either o_O

Morgana Le Fay tried it and he returned.
Molecule Man tried it and he returned.
His wife tried it and he returned.
He himself tried it and he returned.
Thor tried it and he returned.
Then he himself tried it over and over and over and over again, but kept returning.

Estacado
People seem to forget that Thanos can kill the unkillable.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Estacado
People seem to forget that Thanos can kill the unkillable.

Seriously, that entire part of the story was sooo vague :-7

I would rather go with the explanation that he brought the death to a universe without death and therefore was able to kill beings that couldn't die in the first place.

Epicurus
I would rather go with the explanation that he brought the death to a universe without death and therefore was able to kill beings that couldn't die in the first place.
Ergo he can kill the unkillable.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Epicurus
Ergo he can kill the unkillable.

Yeah, that's totally not the same actually.

Epicurus
Yeah, that's totally not the same actually.
You can try and write a 5000 word essay to explain how the sky's color isn't blue most of the times, but at the end of the day, the sky's color is still blue most of the times.

Same with Thanos. He brings Death to those that are beyond Death. Simple as that.

Supra
Isnt thanos cursed with immortality..

Insane Titan
Also people seem to forgot that when Thanos kills someone it not just a normal character he's doing it on behalf/powered by the abstract entity Death itself

Supra
Also people seem to forgot that when Thanos kills someone it not just a normal character he's doing it on behalf/powered by the abstract entity Death itself

All hail the purple queen of space!

tkitna
Originally posted by quanchi112
What makes you say so ?

The fact that Thanos has fought lesser characters and had to put some effort into it. Your acting like DSentry would be hardly a notice to him or something along those lines. Come on, Dsentry just punked Thor about as easily as Thanos does so there has to be a little more to him then just being an above tier brick.

quanchi112
The fact that Thanos has fought lesser characters and had to put some effort into it. Your acting like DSentry would be hardly a notice to him or something along those lines. Come on, Dsentry just punked Thor about as easily as Thanos does so there has to be a little more to him then just being an above tier brick. Thanos punked power gem Thor. Thanos has far more impressive showings than punking Thor.

Sentry isn't some weak character but not many can stand before mighty Thanos the billion dollar baby.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
People seem to forget that Thanos can kill the unkillable. I remember you talking smack when I said this but now here comes the bandwagon boi.

StiltmanFTW
You know. The issue where Thanos just up and fast- recovered from this degree of flesh damage:

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Drax-Kills-Thanos.jpg

So where is that issue?

The one where he hops right back up, all good to go, after losing his heart to Drax?

Because a single organ should be CAKE for someone to re-create if they can mimic Sentry's ability to re-create his form from dust and goo.

If someone could post that thumb (or even an issue number), I would love to pick it up. Really. Sounds great.

Huh.

How very odd.

... Interesting. My heart is purple, too.

Epicurus

So where is that issue?

Huh.

How very odd.
That's Drax. You're not making much of a point here if you think that mere heart extraction by anyone not called Drax is enough to kill Thanos.

Anyways, the feat that you asked for is this from Thanos Imperative:
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/th_Thanos_atomic_regen01_zps11b9b32c.jpghttp://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/th_Thanos_atomic_regen02_zps433b894e.jpg
Death rejects Thanos and reforms him due to refusal to allow him to die.

Is that not a DEATH feat, then?

Without outside interference from Death itself; Thanos cannot self replicate.

Thus... it stands that simply losing his heart is enough to take down Thanos when he left to his "own" power-set.

Yes? smokin'
What sort of bullshit logic is this? Going by this line of thought you might as well start arguing that every feat that the Silver Surfer has performed thanks to his Power Cosmic is a Galactus feat, or that every feat Captain Marvel has performed is a Shazam feat. The immortality granted to Thanos via Death is part of his powerset, trying to argue that this feat isn't his is dropping down 12 levels of retard.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If we look at the comics as their own universe and not as a writers take on the story, then we come to the following conclusion:

Thanos and Drax clashed and the force of the impact destroyed the planet they were on, which is a legit feat - no one denies that, but ...
... Recently in Infinity Thanos had to rely on a bomb to destroy the Earth, so he is not able to do it under his own power, since the Earth is too big and the planet he destroyed in the past was smaller.

Sentry on the other hand was fighting Thor on a planet with 19 billion residents. Does that instantly mean that the planet was 3 times bigger than the Earth? No, not necessarily, but it was still probably a very big planet and only the impact of the punch on Thor's face was felt around the entire planet.
Additionally to that Sentry has planet busting feats as well already.

Death Seed Sentry > Thanos, it's that simple.

THis is pretty dumb though... So he needed the bombs to destroy earth you say... That is bordering on ridiculous to even claim such a thing. So if I use a dynamite to take down a building.. that means I couldn't have taken it down any other way? Using something to your advantage doesn't mean it can't be done another way. Just because I beat up a guy with a bat.. doesn't mean I couldn't have done so with just my fists. Your logical line of thinking is flawed in this area. Thanos destroys a planet just by merely locking up with a class 100 guy.. the sheer force of the struggle causes the planet to blow up... and yet you think he needs bombs to destroy earth? LOL

iceman24567
These new guys are horrible

Insane Titan
These new guys are horrible 100% agree , comic vine is for morons.

Go read some stuff on there it's tragic

SamZED

So where is that issue?

Huh.

How very odd. Is that Wasp? Is she givving Thanos' shoulder a lap dance?

Stranglehold300
100% agree , comic vine is for morons.

Go read some stuff on there it's tragic
Agreed...The new members on CV are just TERRIBLE!!!

They freaking think Silver Age Superman could be 100% Tyrant(whos on Galactus level) and Shuma Gorath.

Seriously....The Comic knewledge on that site has DECREASED!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by SamZED
Is that Wasp? Is she givving Thanos' shoulder a lap dance?

That's Skreet.

StiltmanFTW
Nobody can blame Sam for mistaking her for Wasp, though.

Janet loves to cheat on Pym with every hero and villain possible.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Nobody can blame Sam for mistaking her for Wasp, though.

Janet loves to cheat on Pym with every hero and villain possible.

laughing out loud

Tony Stark
Thanos punked power gem Thor. Thanos has far more impressive showings than punking Thor.

Sentry isn't some weak character but not many can stand before mighty Thanos the billion dollar baby.

So would you say that THANOS punking a PG THOR would be an extraordinarily high showing for THANOS or an extraordinarily low showing for a PG THOR?

Tony Stark
These new guys are horrible

stick out tongue

quanchi112
So would you say that THANOS punking a PG THOR would be an extraordinarily high showing for THANOS or an extraordinarily low showing for a PG THOR? Average showing for Thanos and an extremely high showing for power gem Thor.

tkitna
Thanos punked power gem Thor. Thanos has far more impressive showings than punking Thor.

Thanos punked power gem Thor with a gun Quan. It appeared that if that fight were to continue with just fisticuffs, Thanos was going to end up on the losing side.

I'm not here to say DSentry wins, but he isnt going to be some nonchalant character that Thanos just brushes off.

quanchi112
Thanos punked power gem Thor with a gun Quan. It appeared that if that fight were to continue with just fisticuffs, Thanos was going to end up on the losing side.

I'm not here to say DSentry wins, but he isnt going to be some nonchalant character that Thanos easily beats. Thanos' tech is a part of his powerset. He used a plot device to stop Thor with a universal plot device.

Thanos is simply beyond him.

tkitna
Thanos' tech is a part of his powerset. He used a plot device to stop Thor with a universal plot device.

Thanos is simply beyond him.

Well that fight did take place in Thanos' living room so i'll give him that one. A choice encounter though, I seriously doubt Thanos carries that gun with him.

It remains to be seen how much beyond him he is though. Enough that he would easily beat DSentry,,,,that I doubt.

Whatever, its all cool. Peace.

Tony Stark
Well to be fair. Thanos is a legitimate threat to the Marvel Universe where Sentry is only a threat to himself. Sentry has never done a single thing to put him on par with Thanos. He overloaded the absorbing man and beat a molecule man who apparently had a fraction of his power. When he does something worthwhile besides get beat by Thor(again) in the next few issues. ( I know something yall dont know haha ) then we can have a debate.

For ONCE could someone PLEASE talk rationally about the "VERSION" of MM that SENTRY killed B.S.? A.K.A. The I HATE SENTRY CLUB mantra.

MM like SENTRY, like HULK, like Iron Man, like Magneto, like Dr. Strange, like YOU , like ME... etc... etc... etc... can all regulate how much power they/we are going to use or not going to use. They/we can ratchet it up or down; when it's needed or not needed. Dependent on whatever factor they/we deem viable at the time.

One "COULD" say that to begin the battle between MM and SENTRY; MM was at a self governed lower power level because of his recent past works and problems. He chose to detune himself. One "COULD" legitimately say that.

And we'll run with that for argument sake.

So the first time MM tried to kill SENTRY he was detuned... SENTRY came back.

One "COULD" argue that MM may have been a little miffed or discouraged about SENTRY coming back and chose to up the ante and give his shot at killing SENTRY a little more juice; upping his power at tap... SENTRY came back.

MM is now on panel noticeably concerned and confused and now scared. One "COULD" again argue that MM felt that he needed to once again up his level of power to try and finally complete his desired goal to KILL SENTRY for good. One "COULD" argue that MM went to "11" and is now completely unhooked and is willing to go "ALL OUT" or to "FULL POWER and he tries to kill SENTRY once and for all.

But,... SENTRY comes back. AGAIN.

And it is now when he is at this "FULL POWER" level; when SENTRY says "I'm done playing this game with you OWEN". SENTRY then quickly overpowers him, takes control of him completely. Obviously against Owens will of self preservation and one "COULD" then argue while Owen was at "FULL POWER" SENTRY was to much he overpowered him and he killed him.

Juss sayn'

quanchi112
Well that fight did take place in Thanos' living room so i'll give him that one. A choice encounter though, I seriously doubt Thanos carries that gun with him.

It remains to be seen how much beyond him he is though. Enough that he would easily beat DSentry,,,,that I doubt.

Whatever, its all cool. Peace. He converted the gun into his own personal tech later in the story.

Well, I don't doubt it all. Trust me from on.

ShadowFyre
Rage on. Thanos still wins as he has more than ONE , I repeat, ONE. Feat for his fans to fall back on. And the majority of his feats are not iffy and full of speculation like The Sentries entire origin and powerset is. But please continue to Void out.

zopzop
For ONCE could someone PLEASE talk rationally about the "VERSION" of MM that SENTRY killed B.S.? A.K.A. The I HATE SENTRY CLUB mantra.

MM like SENTRY, like HULK, like Iron Man, like Magneto, like Dr. Strange, like YOU , like ME... etc... etc... etc... can all regulate how much power they/we are going to use or not going to use. They/we can ratchet it up or down; when it's needed or not needed. Dependent on whatever factor they/we deem viable at the time.

One "COULD" say that to begin the battle between MM and SENTRY; MM was at a self governed lower power level because of his recent past works and problems. He chose to detune himself. One "COULD" legitimately say that.

And we'll run with that for argument sake.

So the first time MM tried to kill SENTRY he was detuned... SENTRY came back.

One "COULD" argue that MM may have been a little miffed or discouraged about SENTRY coming back and chose to up the ante and give his shot at killing SENTRY a little more juice; upping his power at tap... SENTRY came back.

MM is now on panel noticeably concerned and confused and now scared. One "COULD" again argue that MM felt that he needed to once again up his level of power to try and finally complete his desired goal to KILL SENTRY for good. One "COULD" argue that MM went to "11" and is now completely unhooked and is willing to go "ALL OUT" or to "FULL POWER and he tries to kill SENTRY once and for all.

But,... SENTRY comes back. AGAIN.

And it is now when he is at this "FULL POWER" level; when SENTRY says "I'm done playing this game with you OWEN". SENTRY then quickly overpowers him, takes control of him completely. Obviously against Owens will of self preservation and one "COULD" then argue while Owen was at "FULL POWER" SENTRY was to much he overpowered him and he killed him.

Juss sayn'
But there are different versions of MM depending on his mindset.

Version A) : No space/time manip, no organic molecules, inability to reconstruct complex items he's destroyed. Version A examples of MM include : his pre Secret War self, his post Cube Merger Self (vs Klaw and vs Aaron the Rogue). This version atomized Mjolnir/Cap's Shield/IM's armor/SS's Board and easily beat these four Avengers.

Version B) : this version can manipulate space/time to a limited extent, can manipulate organic molecules, can reconstruct complex items. This is the version that Voidtry beat.

Version C) : abstract level space/time manip, abstract level matter manip. This is the Secret War I/II version and the MM Unleashed version (that fought post retcon Beyonder). This version would annihistomp Sentry.

These Versions aren't 100% exact because of the annoying nature of this characters history but they serve as a rough guideline.

The fact that Voidtry beat Version B of MM is damn impressive in and of itself. A weaker version of MM, Version A, atomized Mjlonir/Surfer's Board/Cap's Shield/IM's armor.

Voidtry is a Trans level character going by on panel fights and feats (and writer's comments stating that he'd lose to a skyfather level being). This is nothing to be ashamed of.

If Death Sentry is anywhere near Voidtry powerwise, Thanos is in for the fight of his life and may actually lose.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>