Who punch the hardest? Batman or Captain America?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who punch the hardest out of these two?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Captain America obviously.

Cogito
Carter...

janus77
Donkey Punch?

Digi
All of Batman's power is in his foot. Cap wins this easily.

Supermex
Originally posted by Digi
All of Batman's power is in his foot. Cap wins this easily.

Who kicks harder?
Batman or Cap?

lol

Brockalizer
Cap obviously punches harder, but I'd almost be willing to wager that Batman can probably one shot more people in his tier or slightly above it with a nerve strike than Steve can with a punch.

pym-ftw
Cap dropped Rhino with a punch...

DarkSaint85
Batman dropped Grundy sneer

dial J for Josh
This thread is only a mere distraction to the real question... Which attack in comic history can match the bat-kick?

Enzeru
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
This thread is only a mere distraction to the real question... Which attack in comic history can match the bat-kick?

A falling Helicarrier.

Mindset
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Cap obviously punches harder, but I'd almost be willing to wager that Batman can probably one shot more people in his tier or slightly above it with a nerve strike than Steve can with a punch. Cap uses nerve strikes too doe.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Mindset
Cap uses nerve strikes too doe. Yes, but not as frequently.

eaebiakuya
Captain.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Cogito
Carter...
Come on Cogito. You know I don't make bait threads. This is Carver9.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Batman dropped Grundy sneer not with a punch. angel

Shabazz916
cap hits harder

Inhuman
Can batman decapitate tanks?

Damborgson
They're in different tiers. Cap's no street. He's never even felt like on in my opinion.

ares834
Originally posted by Damborgson
They're in different tiers.

thumb up

Batman is several tiers above him.

Silent Master
Cap

Damborgson
Originally posted by ares834
thumb up

Batman is several tiers above him.

Lord Rogers > Bat god

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/images/3/3f/Cap_america_hyper_stars_stripes.gif

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Inhuman
Can batman decapitate tanks?

Do tanks have heads in the first place?

Blue Area Vet
Wtf kind of post is this?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Captain America obviously.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Come on Cogito. You know I don't make bait threads. This is Carver9.
Hahahaha.

JakeTheBank
lol @ thread.

Rogers, easily.

namorsubby
Captain America.....of course this is kmc so everyone's gonna make it seem like its not nearly as close as it is. And I'm okay with that.lol

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by pym-ftw
not with a punch. angel

Batman punches with his feet.

StiltmanFTW
Batman punches with his feet.

He's an ape or something?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He's an ape or something?

You wouldn't understand, seeing as Cap only knows 2 martial arts whereas Bruce knows 127. Somewhere along the line, MAs ran out of ideas and animals to copy, hence the style taught to him by an armless master.mind you, it was made up on the spot because he was scamming Bruce.

True unarmed combat.

StiltmanFTW
You wouldn't understand, seeing as Cap only knows 2 martial arts whereas Bruce knows 127. Somewhere along the line, MAs ran out of ideas and animals to copy, hence the style taught to him by an armless master.mind you, it was made up on the spot because he was scamming Bruce.

True unarmed combat.

4th panel.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103165/2789598-cap_adept.jpg

Sorry, but Batman is a novice compared to Lord Rogers.

LeonBuco666
Cap obviously.

namorsubby
Cap says he's knows everything without a tenth of the on panel proof Bruce has. so he does. Just like every villain that loses every time says their all powerful......yeah.

Dcnu batman has more on panel proof of skill training than captain America already.

IHateCoughing
Originally posted by namorsubby
Cap says he's knows everything without a tenth of the on panel proof Bruce has. so he does. Just like every villain that loses every time says their all powerful......yeah.

Dcnu batman has more on panel proof of skill training than captain America already.

Pretty much this. Damn.

Silent Master
You're just upset that all > 127, if Batman had been the one stating that he knows all styles, you'd be some of the first people posting it.

IHateCoughing
Uh, no. Batman wouldn't just be "stating" anything. We'd just have to look at his extensive training history under different masters and fights with several skilled martial artists in order to see if this particular statement comes close to being true or not.

Unlike, y'know, Rogers. You just need hyperbole and statements with him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Silent Master
Really, then by all means list the 127 styles that Batman supposedly knows.

IHateCoughing
I know it's part of your M.O to ask for proof about something completely unrelated to the matter at hand, but try not to fail so much at reading comprehension, okay?

When did I claim to know all of the 127 styles Bruce has mastered? I was just arguing a hypothetical in order to make the point that Cap relies mostly on statements as opposed to Bruce's on-panel evidence of MA training and MA
appliance against other skilled H2H fighters to gauge his skill.

Nice attempt at discrediting my post, though. laughing out loud

Uriel005
Originally posted by IHateCoughing
I know it's part of your M.O to ask for proof about something completely unrelated to the matter at hand, but try not to fail so much at reading comprehension, okay?

When did I claim to know all of the 127 styles Bruce has mastered? I was just arguing a hypothetical in order to make the point that Cap relies mostly on statements as opposed to Bruce's on-panel evidence of MA training and MA
appliance against other skilled H2H fighters to gauge his skill.

Nice attempt at discrediting my post, though. laughing out loud It's really not unrelated when you're the one bringing it up as a point of contention. Your claim was that batman had 127 martial arts under his belt and has the on panel feats to show it.... Captain America is nothing if not a hand to hand combatant and is judged by many to be a great martial artist.

If I'm understanding you correctly you're saying batman has the on panel proof of martial arts... which comes from his fights...

Conversely Captain America would have much the same given the fact that he is a hand to hand combatant and consistently shows it in his fights.... He's also fought top tier martial artists and people well outside the street tier/meta tier I think he should be in. So I don't get how you can say he has no proof of martial skill. I mean it's not like I see batman thought bubbles during every fight stating where every move he uses comes from. Yeah maybe a few like pressure points or a certain type of kung fu or karate but other than that his proof is the same as Captain America's... his on panel fights.

namorsubby
SM is only in it for the antagonistic and admittedly somewhat clever satirical retorts. Don't even bother.

But yeah Bruce is clearly a more skilled martial artist according to on panel proof and there's nothing any patriotic star spangled banner wearing cap enthusiast can say to change that....*shrug*

Brockalizer

Dcnu batman has more on panel proof of skill training than captain America already. Arguing that Batman hits harder than Captain America simply because he knows more martial art fighting styles is like arguing that Jackie Chan can hit harder than Mike Tyson or Vladimir (I k.ow I'm spelling this wrong) Klitchko.

namorsubby
I said Captain America hits harder to begin with. These guys are trying to say cap is more skilled in spite of zero proof comic wise....which is hilarious and sad....at the same damn time (in my whatever that rappers name is voice)

Prof. T.C McAbe
Lol spite. Batman punches god for good.

Uriel005
SM is only in it for the antagonistic and admittedly somewhat clever satirical retorts. Don't even bother.

But yeah Bruce is clearly a more skilled martial artist according to on panel proof and there's nothing any patriotic star spangled banner wearing cap enthusiast can say to change that....*shrug* Not saying he isn't more skilled than Cap just saying that the way he posted it followed by his defensive response just doesn't seem like good argument. If someone asks for a scan dont get all defensive about it either post or ignore it. Getting defensive just because someone asks for proof just doesn't sit right is all.

namorsubby
Someone bringing scans to support a stance is always good. That's also a good example of cap using varied fighting styles, which is somewhat rare for someone who has according to himself mastered all fighting styles. I have the same problem with another kmc wanked character...Wolverine. oh I'm so skilled but I'm just gonna go crazy and slash stuff up most of the time...yeah.

IHateCoughing
Originally posted by Uriel005
It's really not unrelated when you're the one bringing it up as a point of contention. Your claim was that batman had 127 martial arts under his belt and has the on panel feats to show it.... That's the thing, though. I did NOT bring it up at all. And that was NOT my claim. What I said was that if Batman were to state he has mastered every single MA in the world, we'd just have to look at numerous on-panel showings of skills AND training to see if he measures up, unlike Steve.

Originally posted by Uriel005 Captain America is judged by many to be a great martial artist.

Batman shows to be a excellent martial artist. Whole point of my post.

Originally posted by Uriel005 If I'm understanding you correctly you're saying batman has the on panel proof of martial arts... which comes from his fights...

No, Batman's MA skill is not only derived from his fights. They're derived from extensive on-panel training, skillset that doesn't relegate to simple punches and kicks (i.e pressure points, nerve strikes), statements that have been applied to Cap, but in much greater detail, etc. So, no, you're not understanding my post at all. Same could be said about the rest of your post, really.

IHateCoughing
Originally posted by Uriel005
Not saying he isn't more skilled than Cap just saying that the way he posted it followed by his defensive response just doesn't seem like good argument. If someone asks for a scan dont get all defensive about it either post or ignore it. Getting defensive just because someone asks for proof just doesn't sit right is all.

He asked me to list the 127 martial art styles mastered by Batman, even though they haven't been entirely specified. *facepalm*

And thanks for assuming I was getting defensive, btw. eek!

maxivitopowe
So of it hasn't said on panel what the martial arts are only that he knows them and that he's had training how is that a different arguament then from the cap side?

Also apart from acrobatic prowess and general tooling of scrubs I haven't seen any marital arts showings from the bat

Any way Spiderman rapes everyone here

IHateCoughing
You just like making dumb posts, don't you?

ShadowFyre
So what does all this martial arts crap have to do with who hits harder?

IHateCoughing
Who the shit knows? I'm just replying to the stupidity.

Cap obvs hits harder. He knocked out a dazed Wolverine, ffs.

Silent Master
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
So of it hasn't said on panel what the martial arts are only that he knows them and that he's had training how is that a different arguament then from the cap side?

Also apart from acrobatic prowess and general tooling of scrubs I haven't seen any marital arts showings from the bat

Any way Spiderman rapes everyone here

Batfans tend to believe that number of styles actually means something, that's why they always have a mental fit when people post that Cap knows more.

brownqk
This is spite against Batman....

maxivitopowe
You just like making dumb posts, don't you?

I'm guessing that was directed @ me

I have no idea what you mean I'm asking a serious question.

I only started reading comics a year and a half ago so my knowledge is somewhat limited and from what I've seen Batman doesn't fight so much as takesout and that doesn't provide a string guide as to his skill level.

So please enlighten me with scans where it actually sites him having a straight H2H spar/fight with someone with little to no gadget use.

Anyways Spiderman punched both off these feebs into the dirt but cap takes it better (that's me saying that cap takes this)

Mindset
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Lol spite. Batman punches god for good. Did this make sense in your head?

Khazra Reborn
My bologna has a first name it's H-o-m-e-r, my bologna has a second name it's H-o-m-e-r.

tross
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
My bologna has a first name it's H-o-m-e-r, my bologna has a second name it's H-o-m-e-r.

thumb up

IHateCoughing
Originally posted by Silent Master
Batfans tend to believe that number of styles actually means something, that's why they always have a mental fit when people post that Cap knows more.

Yeah, that's why you brought up earlier how Cap has mastered all styles against Batman's 127, right?

They mean something to you when it's convenient. laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus

But yeah Bruce is clearly a more skilled martial artist according to on panel proof and there's nothing any patriotic star spangled banner wearing cap enthusiast can say to change that....*shrug*

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce knew more different martial art styles, but that doesn't make him more effective or formidable in hand to hand combat. Captain America's style may be more simplistic but that doesn't make him less skilled especially since he knows more exotic attacks such as pressure points etc.

Just my opinion anyways.

abhilegend
Bruce is definitely more skilled than Cap. The same deal as Slade, Cap is stronger than pretty much every MA in marvel yet they stalemate him regularly and even beat him sometimes. He can't be both, stronger than everyone and better in skill too.

Silent Master
Yeah, that's why you brought up earlier how Cap has mastered all styles against Batman's 127, right?

They mean something to you when it's convenient. laughing

StiltmanFTW is the one that brought up Cap knowing all styles, maybe you should actually read the thread before commenting.

IHateCoughing
You're kidding me, right?

You're just upset that all > 127, if Batman had been the one stating that he knows all styles, you'd be some of the first people posting it.

Your reading comprehension is appalling, as always.

Silent Master
That post is several posts after StiltmanFTW brought up Cap knowing all styles, looks like it's you that needs to work on their reading comprehension.

abhilegend
Yeah, Kobra has been said to be trained in every martial art known to man repeatedly by Oracle and himself.

http://i.imgur.com/qPr2aIL.jpg

Superman kicked his ass just after that. But hey, I'm totally cool with superman being more skilled than Cap.

cool

DarkSaint85
Really, then by all means list the 127 styles that Batman supposedly knows.

The ancient and noble arts of punching with his feet, and kicking with his fists, to name but two.

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
He can't be both, stronger than everyone and better in skill too. Why not?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindset
Why not?
Because that would mean he would never get stalemated by any MA or get beaten. That's just not what his fights show over the years.

abhilegend
Not to mention, Batman has been stated to be the master of every known martial art too and much more frequently than Cap and he's actually shown learning from the greatest MA masters on earth.

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/?action=view&current=batmanultimateguide-martialartstraining.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/?action=view&current=jlaultimateguide-batprofile.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/?action=view&current=dccomicsencyclopedia-batprofile.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/?action=view&current=batwidegyre4-463ways.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/det411.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/?action=view&current=batmansecretfiles-batprofile.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/batmanproflie-jimlee.jpg

This is the scan where he gives Batgirl a CD which contains 127 martial arts to learn.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batcd127-1.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batcd127-2.jpg

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/?action=view&current=sonofthedemon-leagueofbatmen.jpg

KingD19
Regardless of the skill of these two, which Bruce has to rely on more imo. Cap should and for the most part does punch harder.

Mindset
Because that would mean he would never get stalemated by any MA or get beaten. That's just not what his fights show over the years. No it doesn't.

ShadowFyre
Still not sure what martial arts is doing running rampant all over this thread. 80 percent of the MA dojos out there are a total scam and notworth shit in an actual fight until they have been stripped down, and totally redone to the point they arent even recognizable anymore.
Most lifelong prison inmates would floor the majority of senseis and black belts out there in a matter of seconds.

Experience/brutality|>>>>>>>>>Matial Arts

Q99
Yeah, Kobra has been said to be trained in every martial art known to man repeatedly by Oracle and himself.

Superman kicked his ass just after that. But hey, I'm totally cool with superman being more skilled than Cap.

cool

You know, one really does wonder how one can train in every martial art and *not* be familiar with pain. Wouldn't live sparing get you quite used to it?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Q99
You know, one really does wonder how one can train in every martial art and *not* be familiar with pain. Wouldn't live sparing get you quite used to it?

In that scan, Kobra is Batman's body and Superman is in Kobra's body.

Q99
In that scan, Kobra is Batman's body and Superman is in Kobra's body.

I know. I'm more reflecting on the oddness of Kobra being so good yet being relatively unused to pain.

IHateCoughing
That post is several posts after StiltmanFTW brought up Cap knowing all styles, looks like it's you that needs to work on their reading comprehension.

You still brought it up in order to make a point! If your reading comprehension wasn't so terrible, you'd see I never mentioned who brought it up first.

Are you always this stupid?

Brockalizer
Not to mention, Batman has been stated to be the master of every known martial art too and much more frequently than Cap and he's actually shown learning from the greatest MA masters on earth.

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/?action=view&current=batmanultimateguide-martialartstraining.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/?action=view&current=jlaultimateguide-batprofile.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/?action=view&current=dccomicsencyclopedia-batprofile.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/?action=view&current=batwidegyre4-463ways.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/det411.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/?action=view&current=batmansecretfiles-batprofile.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/batmanproflie-jimlee.jpg

This is the scan where he gives Batgirl a CD which contains 127 martial arts to learn.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batcd127-1.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batcd127-2.jpg

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/?action=view&current=sonofthedemon-leagueofbatmen.jpg What does any of that have to do with the price of tea in China? If you take two highly proficient martial artists and give one of them a steroid injection I guarantee he will hit harder than the one that didn't get that injection no matter how many different styles he happens to know.

DarkSaint85
What does any of that have to do with the price of tea in China? If you take two highly proficient martial artists and give one of them a steroid injection I guarantee he will hit harder than the one that didn't get that injection no matter how many different styles he happens to know.

Karate Kid sneer

Based
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Wtf kind of post is this?

Brockalizer
Karate Kid sneer Put Karate Kid up against Iron Fist and substitute Caps SS amp for a Chi amp and I guarantee Danny would hit harder. The point I'm making is peek human stats+MA proficiency<enhanced human stats+MA proficiency.

DarkSaint85
Put Karate Kid up against Iron Fist and substitute Caps SS amp for a Chi amp and I guarantee Danny would hit harder. The point I'm making is peek human stats+MA proficiency<enhanced human stats+MA proficiency.

http://subversify.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/49157-george-takei-oh-my-gif-e64l.gif

You DO know KK's achievements, right?

Brockalizer

http://subversify.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/49157-george-takei-oh-my-gif-e64l.gif

You DO know KK's achievements, right? Not all of them, but the ones I have seen aren't as impressive as what I've seen from Iron Fist.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Still not sure what martial arts is doing running rampant all over this thread. 80 percent of the MA dojos out there are a total scam and notworth shit in an actual fight until they have been stripped down, and totally redone to the point they arent even recognizable anymore.
Most lifelong prison inmates would floor the majority of senseis and black belts out there in a matter of seconds.

Experience/brutality|>>>>>>>>>Matial Arts do you mean American dojos run by scam artists or accredited Dojo?

Pretty major difference.

Silent Master
You still brought it up in order to make a point! If your reading comprehension wasn't so terrible, you'd see I never mentioned who brought it up first.

Are you always this stupid?

No, StiltmanFTW brought it up, I can quote his post again if you need me to.

quanchi112
Cap.

abhilegend
Not all of them, but the ones I have seen aren't as impressive as what I've seen from Iron Fist.
facepalm

Val has shattered inertron with a chop which PC Superboy and Mon-El couldn't.

abhilegend
What does any of that have to do with the price of tea in China? If you take two highly proficient martial artists and give one of them a steroid injection I guarantee he will hit harder than the one that didn't get that injection no matter how many different styles he happens to know. Originally posted by Brockalizer
Put Karate Kid up against Iron Fist and substitute Caps SS amp for a Chi amp and I guarantee Danny would hit harder. The point I'm making is peek human stats+MA proficiency<enhanced human stats+MA proficiency.
Hahahaha. Oh god.

Mindset
facepalm

Val has shattered inertron with a chop which PC Superboy and Mon-El couldn't. I'll shatter your face with a chop erm

ShadowFyre
And this thread continues to fail... The undoubtedly stronger guy hits harder. Knowing a bunch of martial arts doesent make you punch harder.cap has more weight,strength and knows how to punch just as well as bruce. Yall are just being silly with all this karate kid nonsense.

abhilegend
Of course cap hits harder, there is no question about it.

BruceSkywalker
Batman hits harder

Silent Master
LOL!!!

Brockalizer
facepalm

Val has shattered inertron with a chop which PC Superboy and Mon-El couldn't. A karate chop isn't a punch anymore than a slap is a punch.

abhilegend
A karate chop isn't a punch anymore than a slap is a punch.
Its still striking power. He also punched and broke an ice layer of 80000 tons post crisis.

deathlife

This.

DarkSaint85

Well, yes.

But we all agree that this is based on actual feats, not because one guy has a handbook entry of having a superpowered serum and the other has a handbook entry of being a human.

DarkSaint85
And this thread continues to fail... The undoubtedly stronger guy hits harder. Knowing a bunch of martial arts doesent make you punch harder.cap has more weight,strength and knows how to punch just as well as bruce. Yall are just being silly with all this karate kid nonsense.

Stop applying real world logic to a comic book, and you will see the light.

Supra
Originally posted by carver9
Who punch the hardest out of these two?
CA

ShadowFyre
Stop applying real world logic to a comic book, and you will see the light.

Fine.

Batman hits harder. He has knocked the wind out of the Hulk. Kicked Superman, and also kicked the Spectre. He has also mastered the ancient art of hittinharderthancapevercouldinhiswetdreams fu. Its the 128th your not a true batman fan unless you know this.

Batman wins. /thread.

DarkSaint85
Fine.

Batman hits harder. He has knocked the wind out of the Hulk. Kicked Superman, and also kicked the Spectre. He has also mastered the ancient art of hittinharderthancapevercouldinhiswetdreams fu. Its the 128th your not a true batman fan unless you know this.

Batman wins. /thread.

See above, where we all agree pretty much that Cap hits harder. But your reasoning was what we were contending on.

Put a Karate Kid vs Cap thread, no shield, no flight ring etc, just the two of them duking it out, and let's see who wins?

KK IS after all, a normal human:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Karate%20Kid/Countdown36-20.jpg

ShadowFyre
I havent actually read all the posts (that would be insanity). Karate kid wins. It does not matter what he is, he gets some kind of chi amp or something. Bruce and Cap do not have that so I dont really see how that is relevant, unless people are arguing that even base humans can possibly hit harder than someone who is meta etc?

Yeah. Doom with no poweres beat up a lion and so has batman. Something no amount of "karate" would give a person the ability to do. These are comics people, quit using real life logic geeez.

ShadowFyre
T

DarkSaint85
I havent actually read all the posts (that would be insanity). Karate kid wins. It does not matter what he is, he gets some kind of chi amp or something. Bruce and Cap do not have that so I dont really see how that is relevant, unless people are arguing that even base humans can possibly hit harder than someone who is meta etc?

Yeah. Doom with no poweres beat up a lion and so has batman. Something no amount of "karate" would give a person the ability to do. These are comics people, quit using real life logic geeez.

No chi amp, he can just 'flex', and break inertron. Inertron would be what, DC's equivalent of secondary adamantium?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LSuperboyLSH231-30.jpg

ShadowFyre
Well then...I dont f****** know. Like I said, I dont read DC. So I am gonna leave this thread as I have nothing of worthwhile to contribute. He is just a badass I guess.

Mshinu
Cap punches harder, based on feats.

If you want to get into the style debate his main art is boxing which is the go-to art for punching hard.

StiltmanFTW
No chi amp, he can just 'flex', and break inertron. Inertron would be what, DC's equivalent of secondary adamantium?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LSuperboyLSH231-30.jpg

Where does it say that the bonds were made out of inertron? Same book?

DarkSaint85
Where does it say that the bonds were made out of inertron? Same book?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LSuperboyLSH231-28.jpg

And a more recent example, although its not actually a scan of him breaking inertron was in Countdown, when he talks about being able to chop through inertron when healthy.

StiltmanFTW
Ok, thanks thumb up

DarkSaint85
Although, re-reading it....maybe someone can clarify for me.

Is inertRon the same as inerton? Or a misspelling? Abhi would prob know.

StiltmanFTW
Quick google search leads me to believe that this Tharok guy most likely mispelled it.

But yeah, confirmation from some DC addict would be welcome.

DarkSaint85
Quick google search leads me to believe that this Tharok guy most likely mispelled it.

But yeah, confirmation from some DC addict would be welcome.

Maybe Colossus Big C will know.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Its inertRon. That was a spelling mistake and was answered in the letters column later.

abhilegend
Well, yes.

But we all agree that this is based on actual feats, not because one guy has a handbook entry of having a superpowered serum and the other has a handbook entry of being a human.
YES! YES! YES! YES!

namorsubby
What's Cap's greatest punching feat? Anyone care to compare?

Jmanghan
You're just upset that all > 127, if Batman had been the one stating that he knows all styles, you'd be some of the first people posting it. Unless Captain America is over 200 years old, he has not learned every Martial Art known to man, considering that there are thousands of Martial Arts in the world. Unless... By learned, he meant he learned like three moves in every martial art known to man, which still would take at least 10 years.

maxivitopowe
Wut?

ShadowFyre
But batman can learn 127 martial arts in his short lifespan? How is that fair?

StiltmanFTW
What's Cap's greatest punching feat? Anyone care to compare?

Punching Hitler in the face.

cool

Silent Master
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Unless Captain America is over 200 years old, he has not learned every Martial Art known to man, considering that there are thousands of Martial Arts in the world. Unless... By learned, he meant he learned like three moves in every martial art known to man, which still would take at least 10 years.

People in this thread have also said that Batman knows all styles, funny how you're only taking issue with Cap knowing that many.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.