DCNU Darkseid VS Thor, Hyperion, Captain Marvel, Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Darkseid- DCNU

VS

Thor

Hyperion

Captain Marvel

Hulk

Meglamonia or Marvel?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Darkseid had an impressive showing against the -rookie- Justice League but he gets beat up here. Especially since Mjolnir renders his Omega Beams pretty much useless.

carver9
Agreed.

LordofBrooklyn
No BFR allowed.

carver9
Can someone answer something for me? What has this version of Darkseid Omegas done?.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
No BFR allowed. derp

deathslash
Originally posted by carver9
Can someone answer something for me? What has this version of Darkseid Omegas done?. He hasn't displayed the teleportation, transmutation, 'erase you from the face of existence' powers yet (but that can be attributed to a lack of showings). However, he's casually oneshotted Superman with a single beam (instead of the usual two beams and it was later shown that Darkseid wanted Superman to live through the attack so that he could abduct him) and casually destroyed an alternate reality earth with a single blast.

I'm not sure who wins, but I know that the hulk dies. shifty

Tony Stark
Darkseid dies *spite*

abhilegend
Can someone answer something for me? What has this version of Darkseid Omegas done?.
Destroy multiple planets once at a time in a single attack. Destroyed the third world along with Highfather.

Golgo13
Darkseid.

Damborgson
Darkseid was killing fairly powerful gods while he was a mud farmer. Was there any context to it? I can't remember off the top of my head.

JakeTheBank
Eh, team.

deathslash
Originally posted by Damborgson
Darkseid was killing fairly powerful gods while he was a mud farmer. Was there any context to it? I can't remember off the top of my head. He turned them against each other and a war broke out among them, then he killed them when they were nearing death.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Damborgson
Darkseid was killing fairly powerful gods while he was a mud farmer. Was there any context to it? I can't remember off the top of my head.

Apparently they were weakened from fighting each other or something but a mortal Uxas killing Elder Gods with a f*cking regular pike? That's not weakened, that's regular human durability smh.

Then again, Darkseid was hurt by Wonder Woman's sword which was easily broken by Katanna and a trident that was melted by heat vents underwater. Wonder Woman's bracers were also broken by a bullet that Superman caught. So the power levels can be.....weird.

Originally posted by deathslash
e hasn't displayed the teleportation, transmutation, 'erase you from the face of existence' powers yet (but that can be attributed to a lack of showings). However, he's casually oneshotted Superman with a single beam (instead of the usual two beams and it was later shown that Darkseid wanted Superman to live through the attack so that he could abduct him) and casually destroyed an alternate reality earth with a single blast.

Tbf to Clark, he was a bit younger and Earth 2 Superman was said to be as powerful as Darkseid IIRC. He has planetary level power so Darkseid is pretty potent but I think people aren't taking into account what type of Justice League he fought. They are big names no doubt but not on par with what they were before Flashpoint or what they'd become from what I can tell. You drop a pissed Surfer on that team or say Annihilation Surfer or something, and he'd be running a train on them imo.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Darkseid dies *spite*

Please, explain how this is "Spite".

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
They are big names no doubt but not on par with what they were before Flashpoint or what they'd become from what I can tell. You drop a pissed Surfer on that team or say Annihilation Surfer or something, and he'd be running a train on them imo.

Shots fired.

LordofBrooklyn
They are big names no doubt but not on par with what they were before Flashpoint or what they'd become from what I can tell. You drop a pissed Surfer on that team or say Annihilation Surfer or something, and he'd be running a train on them imo.

I wanted to destroy this ridiculous hyperbole in here but decided to allow you to prove your point in a specific thread elsewhere.

Stranglehold300
Darkseid had an impressive showing against the -rookie- Justice League but he gets beat up here. Especially since Mjolnir renders his Omega Beams pretty much useless.

How so? Just curious.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Stranglehold300
How so? Just curious.

One plot-device VS another plot-device. They nullify each other.

On topic:

The team wins.
While the New 52 Darkseid is portrayed as more powerful than his prior version, I still don't see him having a shot in the long run. Darkseid was indeed fighting a rookie Justice League with barely any feats. I don't consider anyone in the Justice League being city-level yet, when it comes to destruction. All DC fans rely on is that one stupid Superman-feat with the Earth benchpressing, but that's not enough.

Marvel NOW Thor has done insane things and for now it still looks like Hyperion survived the explosion of two universes in his face. Hulk has all kinds of crazy feats from the past and at the moment he doesn't look all too shaby either. They all have at least planteray level durability at their best. Captain Marvel is a non-factor IMO. She might stand a chance for a while, if she transforms into Binary, but meh - I don't see it happening.

And I want you all to pay attention at me stating that they have done great things AT THEIR BEST.
If you're a stupid ass DC fanboy (or even Marvel fanboy for that matter in many situations) you will look at the character you want to win and come up with all the stuff they did, when they were at their best, but then when it comes to the opponent of that said character you all look at all the best showings and question what he would be able to do. Basically 95% of the people here, on Comicvine, on CBR, on Herochat and so on are retarded and biased without an ending to it.

At their best Darkseid loses this fight. Thor, Hyperion and Hulk are too established and too powerful, when fighting at their best.

Rao Kal El
NU Darkseid has already defeated the crime syndicate, there is that and his casual planet busting feats.

BFR is the only option and it's turned off, so.

Team is not winning.

carver9
Planet busting?

Rao Kal El
Planet busting?

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
His fight vs Ixaya destroys casually the old world and of the old gods

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/DCnU/DARKSEID/th_LastScan11_zps61d31c21.jpg

Apparently this Darkseid is a MULTIVERSAL entity as He goes around destroying JLA's from other universes, the JLA of earth 1 was the first one capable of "defeating him"

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/DCnU/DARKSEID/th_LastScan13_zps2c3de88c.jpg

Here he apparently casually destroys another planet

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/DCnU/DARKSEID/th_LastScan14_zps9e4369e7.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/DCnU/DARKSEID/th_LastScan16_zps7d822685.jpg http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/DCnU/DARKSEID/th_LastScan17_zpseb49f3b6.jpg

Here is Darkseid in his "trophy" room

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/DCnU/DARKSEID/th_LastScan18_zps0a39b1f1.jpg

WRITTER? GREG PAK

carver9
I own the comics. I'm not questioning him being able to destroy a planet, what i am saying is, there are people here that are planet busters as well...as stated per Hickman.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Random/Starbrand04.jpg.html#/user/OneDumbG0/media/Random/Starbrand04.jpg.html?&_suid=13687323744180721100218128413

Rao Kal El
I own the comics. I'm not questioning him being able to destroy a planet, what i am saying is, there are people here that are planet busters as well...as stated per Hickman.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Random/Starbrand04.jpg.html#/user/OneDumbG0/media/Random/Starbrand04.jpg.html?&_suid=13687323744180721100218128413

So is Superman, Ultraman, Green Lantern and he owned those teams, so whats the point?

Thanos does not has a planet busting feat under Hickman and see how he treated those guys who according to him are planet busters.

carver9
So is Superman, Ultraman, Green Lantern and he owned those teams, so whats the point?

confused

Can't tell if serious. Also, he fought Ultraman and his crew off panel. We don't know what happened during that fight.

Rao Kal El
confused

Can't tell if serious. Also, he fought Ultraman and his crew off panel. We don't know what happened during that fight.

Yes very serious

Thanos does not has a planet busting feat under Hickman and see how he treated those guys who according to him are planet busters.

carver9
Yes very serious

Darkseid isn't Thanos, though.

Rao Kal El
Darkseid isn't Thanos, though.

No, you are right, he murders them worse

SquallX
confused

Even off panel. Seeing what Ultraman is capable off, and always bloodslusted means he was fighting Darkseid at his best.

Enzeru

So Superman, Ultraman and Green Lantern are planet busters now?

Superman, whose damage output is stated to be around mountain level at the moment.
Ultraman, who pushed the Moon around so far and that's it.
Green Lantern, who gets his shield broken by everything and everyone.

Man, the fanboyism on this board...

Darkseid loses. Period. Don't try to turn him into something he is not, just because you like DC comics.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Enzeru

Superman, whose damage output is stated to be around mountain level at the moment.

Darkseid loses. Period. Don't try to turn him into something he is not, just because you like DC comics.

What does this team present that ultimately defeats Darkseid?

Rao Kal El

What is it what you think?

1.- Superman can bench a planet for five days and he is more dense than rock, therefore he should be able to destroy what he benches

OR

2.- Superman is less dense than rock, that he can bench a planet for five days, but he can only destroy a mountain

Enzeru
What does this team present that ultimately defeats Darkseid?

I can ask you the same thing with Darkseid being the one in question.
I just think that the team at their best can take the New Darkseids best.

Can New Darkseid beat the team at their lowest? Yeah, he would beat them, if they don't have an answer to his Omega Effect, but in the past high heralds were able to resist those blasts more than once - and there was not always a Source-related connection needed.

Can New Darkseid beat the team at their most average? It would be a good fight and could go either way... but when fighting at their best?
Thor, Hyperion and Hulk have a lot to offer and I don't see Darkseid getting past all that.

What is it what you think?

1.- Superman can bench a planet for five days and he is more dense than rock, therefore he should be able to destroy what he benches

OR

2.- Superman is less dense than rock, that he can bench a planet for five days, but he can only destroy a mountain

I think that strength and striking power are two totally different things, therefore I always make the argument, that a bodybuilder / strongman is stronger than a karate master, but both won't be able to hit through solid stone, while the karate master probably will be able to do it due to his experience and training.

With that one ridiculous feat, which should actually be very questionable, since it totally falls out of place for the New Superman, since he wasn't able to replicate that feat in actual fight situations ... but he did it, so he has that strength on his side, but MULTIPLE scenes in the comics have stated his damage output and they were always talking about planet level.

Would Superman be able to bullrush through the planet and destroy it that way? It wouldn't make sense from a logical perspective in the first place, but if a writer decided to go with it he could make Superman do it, but Superman has done NOTHING that indicates that he has the experience and training to cause a lot of damage with his strikes. Everything he has done was on a mountainy scale.

You're basically making things up: "Just because he can do this, he must be able to do that."
It's bullshit.

But then again - do us both a favour and don't respond to me. Everything I've written now is my point of view. It's my opinion and in the end of the day I'm just like all of you guys... Well, I'm smarter and more handsome, but I'm also just one random guy from the internet with the opinion, that is always the best and a take on things that is never wrong...
How could anyone ever convince me otherwise?
How could anyone ever convince you otherwise?
Being a stupid **** lies in the human nature.

Good day, sires.

PS: Darkseid loses hard, when everything is fighting at their best.

DarkSaint85
confused

. Also, he fought Ultraman and his crew off panel. We don't know what happened during that fight.

Remember these words, next time you talk about Gladiator and the Phoenix 5....

deathslash
I can ask you the same thing with Darkseid being the one in question.
I just think that the team at their best can take the New Darkseids best.

Can New Darkseid beat the team at their lowest? Yeah, he would beat them, if they don't have an answer to his Omega Effect, but in the past high heralds were able to resist those blasts more than once - and there was not always a Source-related connection needed.

Can New Darkseid beat the team at their most average? It would be a good fight and could go either way... but when fighting at their best?
Thor, Hyperion and Hulk have a lot to offer and I don't see Darkseid getting past all that.

PS: Darkseid loses hard, when everything is fighting at their best. Wait, what? You can't factor in Darkseid's showings from before Flashpoint because we're talking about NU52 Darkseid. Thus the showings of people resisting his Omega Effect doesn't translate to NU52 Darkseid.

Rao Kal El
Strongman and Karate Master are NOT denser than Stone, so technique and experience is required.

Strongman and Karate Master are both denser than glass BOTH will break the glass regardless of technique and experience.

and I am not making this up

other than that thumb up to the rest of your post.

carver9
Originally posted by SquallX
Even off panel. Seeing what Ultraman is capable off, and always bloodslusted means he was fighting Darkseid at his best.

Did Darkseid bring his Parademons and other offensive creatures like he did before against the JLA and the Earth 2 squad? I'm pretty sure you don't have a yes or no answer for this? Did he prep? Did he use some type of weapon against Ultraman and his crew? You really don't know. It took place off panel.

DarkSaint85
Wait, what? You can't factor in Darkseid's showings from before Flashpoint because we're talking about NU52 Darkseid. Thus the showings of people resisting his Omega Effect doesn't translate to NU52 Darkseid.

Or, another way of seeing it:

Pre FP, heralds were able to resist the OE.

Now, those same heralds were manhandled by DS.

Conclusion? DS is now more powerful than ever.

carver9
No, you are right, he murders them worse

Not based off showings.

Rao Kal El
Not based off showings.

Oh yes because all of them can outrun the OE like flash and Superman did, right?

ares834
Originally posted by Golgo13
Darkseid.

I'd agree. Good fight though.

carver9
Oh yes because all of them can outrun the OE like flash and Superman did, right?

Superman was hit by the Omegas. That was the main reason he was caught. Flash did outrun it though.

So the Omegas at their prime is Planet busting?

DarkSaint85
OE at their prime erases you from history sneer

deathslash
Oh yes because all of them can outrun the OE like flash and Superman did, right? Superman didn't outrun the OE. shifty But Flash moving at his fastest, having to use several parademons to block it and still getting knocked to the ground by the force of the blast hitting the squad of parademons? I highly doubt that any of this group could dodge it (and only those that are legit speedsters could have any chance of outrunning it).

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

thumb up

Carver use your new acquired ability of dloading comics and READ THEM please.

Superman didn't outrun the OE. shifty But Flash moving at his fastest, having to use several parademons to block it and still getting knocked to the ground by the force of the blast hitting the squad of parademons? I highly doubt that any of this group could dodge it (and only those that are legit speedsters could have any chance of outrunning it).

thumb up

Gotta go to work, so c ya!

deathslash
Superman was hit by the Omegas. That was the main reason he was caught. Flash did outrun it though.

So the Omegas at their prime is Planet busting? Yes, they are planet busting (probably the only reason that Superman survived is because Darkseid wanted him to live through it so that he could torture and probably brainwash him like he did to Earth 2 Superman).

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

So DCNU Darkseid has done this? Scan?

carver9
Superman didn't outrun the OE. shifty But Flash moving at his fastest, having to use several parademons to block it and still getting knocked to the ground by the force of the blast hitting the squad of parademons? I highly doubt that any of this group could dodge it (and only those that are legit speedsters could have any chance of outrunning it).

Also, the Omegas was split into two, so the power behind them wasn't as great.

Cogito
We don't know the extent of how powerful the OE is yet.

Darkseid is a confirmed planet buster, but it was off panel and we don't know how he did it. Who knows if Darkseid even had the OE at that point, given how badly the DCnU has shit on Kirby's work, I'd be surprised if any intelligent decisions were made at this point.

deathslash
Also, the Omegas was split into two, so the power behind them wasn't as great. precisely my point. Darkseid oneshotted Superman while blasting him with half of the power that he would normally use and the beams are so fast that the Flash had to move at his fastest, use a squad of parademons to block the OE, and even then he still got knocked to the ground by the force of the blast behind him.

deathslash
Originally posted by Cogito
We don't know the extent of how powerful the OE is yet.

Darkseid is a confirmed planet buster, but it was off panel and we don't know how he did it. Who knows if Darkseid even had the OE at that point, given how badly the DCnU has shit on Kirby's work, I'd be surprised if any intelligent decisions were made at this point. Are you talking about him destroying the realm of the Old Gods (I say this because two panels before it says that he destroys that world, he literally shot at Highfather with the OE)?

Cogito
Are you talking about him destroying the realm of the Old Gods (I say this because two panels before it says that he destroys that world, he literally shot at Highfather with the OE)?

Hmm, you're right. I was so angry when I read it I guess I glossed over that.

Still don't actually know how he destroyed the world though.

deathslash
Originally posted by Cogito
Hmm, you're right. I was so angry when I read it I guess I glossed over that.

Still don't actually know how he destroyed the world though. Yeah, I'm happy that they're making Darkseid more powerful than ever, but I'm not happy that they're shitting all over everything that Jack Kirby spent years building.

Enzeru
No one is questioning New 52 Darkseid being able to destroy planets with his Omega Beams at his best. To be fair we don't exactly need if he needs time to prepare such a powerful attack, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

The question here is if Hyperion and Thor and Hulk have above planetary level durability and I say that they have, which take away Darkseids main advantage. Of course he would be able to hurt them, maybe even hurt them bad, but he is facing 3 high heralds, from which two of them (Thor and Hulk) arguably have better feats than Darkseid and would have been able to give the Justice League a run for their money as well.

Tell me one thing fans of DC comics: tell me anything besides Superman's Earth benchpressing feat that would make me take the new Justice League seriously.

And I'm being honest right now ... maybe I just missed something important o_O But for now I don't see the new versions of the characters being even close to the old versions.
That leaves us with Darkseid beating up a bunch of low to mid heralds.

Yes, there I said it ... the new Justice League consists of low to mid heralds. Green Lantern is a non-factor, so is Wonder Woman. Superman has that one retarded feat and everything other than that is average at best - nothing out of the ordinary there. Flash still has his stupid speed force, which lets him do unexplainable shit from time to time and has picoseconds or bullshitseconds or whateverseconds reaction feats, but other than that he also didn't show enough to prove that he can actually keep up with established high heralds.

LordofBrooklyn
No one is questioning New 52 Darkseid being able to destroy planets with his Omega Beams at his best. To be fair we don't exactly need if he needs time to prepare such a powerful attack, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

The question here is if Hyperion and Thor and Hulk have above planetary level durability and I say that they have, which take away Darkseids main advantage. Of course he would be able to hurt them, maybe even hurt them bad, but he is facing 3 high heralds, from which two of them (Thor and Hulk) arguably have better feats than Darkseid and would have been able to give the Justice League a run for their money as well.

Tell me one thing fans of DC comics: tell me anything besides Superman's Earth benchpressing feat that would make me take the new Justice League seriously.

And I'm being honest right now ... maybe I just missed something important o_O But for now I don't see the new versions of the characters being even close to the old versions.
That leaves us with Darkseid beating up a bunch of low to mid heralds.

Yes, there I said it ... the new Justice League consists of low to mid heralds. Green Lantern is a non-factor, so is Wonder Woman. Superman has that one retarded feat and everything other than that is average at best - nothing out of the ordinary there. Flash still has his stupid speed force, which lets him do unexplainable shit from time to time and has picoseconds or bullshitseconds or whateverseconds reaction feats, but other than that he also didn't show enough to prove that he can actually keep up with established high heralds.

Hal- Hal is anything BUT a non-factor here and any assertion otherwise doesn't match the canon.

Wonder Woman- Has enough defense and offensive capabilities through her gear to make her more than formidable.

Flash- You tried to deny it but it is central to any battle.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Darkseid 10/10

ODG
What does this team present that ultimately defeats Darkseid? A long, rich history of fights and feats that establishes they are capable of sh1tting on DCnU Darkseid.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by ODG
A long, rich history of fights and feats that establishes they are capable of sh1tting on DCnU Darkseid.

Yes, because with the exception of Mjolnir this team has abilities Darkseid has never faced before.. Oh wait

zeel
don't see the team winning.

side note has anyone even seen captain marvel faceing darksied before in battle.

carver9
Yes, because with the exception of Mjolnir this team has abilities Darkseid has never faced before.. Oh wait

When has Darkseid fought a being that can absorb all of his energy output...another being that physical stats amplifies every time he get punched in the face?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hal- Hal is anything BUT a non-factor here and any assertion otherwise doesn't match the canon.

Wonder Woman- Has enough defense and offensive capabilities through her gear to make her more than formidable.

Flash- You tried to deny it but it is central to any battle.

Rookie Superman was beating the crap out of Hal Jordan. Heck, even Wonder Woman was knocking him around.

Hal was treated as a joke in that opening arc. He has no business being compared to anyone in this thread imo. And Wonder Woman is also incredibly suspect in terms of power. Even with her bracers off, she's incredibly underwhelming. It's not her fault, her book is just incredibly toned down. If we compare Thor/Hyperion/Hulk from Marvel Now to her comic, they'd rip the First Born into pieces and he's above top tier in her Universe. It doesn't help that the last time she faced a herald level being (Doomsday), she broke both her arms trying to stop a punch. And based on his fight with Kryptonian exoskeletons, he's not exactly Hunter Prey level. He did send Superman flying with a sucker punch but that's about all it did. Who's left, Aquaman and his staff (We've seen how incredibly tough Atlantean craftsmanship is recently...) or Cyborg with his sonic canon?

I also hope people don't get too hanged up on the planet benching feat as it took place years after the Darkseid fight IIRC and it was specifically a result of Superman trying to push himself after Helspont gave him a concussion with a backhand to the moon. The latest issue said Earth 2 Superman was Darkseid's equal so the rematch will be interesting.

Now, personally, I don't think raw power feats are the only standard to judge character match ups by but I'm reading arguments from people who would do just that if the positions are reversed. So I want to be clear that this is easily applicable in this fight. Darkseid had a high end showing where he destroyed a planet. Cool. Hulk just punched out time and it took a Multiversal being a huge chunk of their power to restrain him, Thor has the entire Gorr arc basically, and Hyperion has his incursion feat so you know, no contest in terms of overall feats.

This all being said, I think this is a good fight but the team would win which imo is a fair assumption based on the sheer raw power they have, numbers, and Mjolnir being able to counter the Omega Beams.

Enzeru
Rookie Superman was beating the crap out of Hal Jordan. Heck, even Wonder Woman was knocking him around.

Hal was treated as a joke in that opening arc. He has no business being compared to anyone in this thread imo. And Wonder Woman is also incredibly suspect in terms of power. Even with her bracers off, she's incredibly underwhelming. It's not her fault, her book is just incredibly toned down. If we compare Thor/Hyperion/Hulk from Marvel Now to her comic, they'd rip the First Born into pieces and he's above top tier in her Universe. It doesn't help that the last time she faced a herald level being (Doomsday), she broke both her arms trying to stop a punch. And based on his fight with Kryptonian exoskeletons, he's not exactly Hunter Prey level. He did send Superman flying with a sucker punch but that's about all it did. Who's left, Aquaman and his staff (We've seen how incredibly tough Atlantean craftsmanship is recently...) or Cyborg with his sonic canon?

I also hope people don't get too hanged up on the planet benching feat as it took place years after the Darkseid fight IIRC and it was specifically a result of Superman trying to push himself after Helspont gave him a concussion with a backhand to the moon. The latest issue said Earth 2 Superman was Darkseid's equal so the rematch will be interesting.

Now, personally, I don't think raw power feats are the only standard to judge character match ups by but I'm reading arguments from people who would do just that if the positions are reversed. So I want to be clear that this is easily applicable in this fight. Darkseid had a high end showing where he destroyed a planet. Cool. Hulk just punched out time and it took a Multiversal being a huge chunk of their power to restrain him, Thor has the entire Gorr arc basically, and Hyperion has his incursion feat so you know, no contest in terms of overall feats.

This all being said, I think this is a good fight but the team would win which imo is a fair assumption based on the sheer raw power they have, numbers, and Mjolnir being able to counter the Omega Beams.

*starts licking Rage's body*

Epicurus
it took a Multiversal being a huge chunk of their power to restrain him.
Pretty sure that half of In-Betweener isn't a multiversal being.

Rao Kal El
Oh I see how this thing is

We put a guy with few apparitions and then we throw him on a feat contest vs some guys who have years of them and even though the one who has the least feats and best (hype) gets nerfed down to get defeated defeat by Thanos and I point this out in another thread, he will here win, because We are talking about Darkseid. But not in the other because "is Thanos"

I get it "Composite feat Marvel character" vs Thanos = Thanos wins

Composite feat Marvel charatcer vs Darkseid = Darkseid losses

Composite feat team wins based on feats

But Darkseid stomps based on the "Thanos wins logic" the hypocrites in here use

ShadowFyre
Watch as the House of El crumbles before you.

Happy Dance Happy Dance

Enzeru
I get it "Composite feat Marvel character" vs Thanos = Thanos wins

Composite feat Marvel charatcer vs Darkseid = Darkseid losses

Composite feat team wins based on feats

But Darkseid stomps based on the "Thanos wins logic" the hypocrites in here use

I don't think anyone here views it that way.

Thanos had time to establish himself over the years. He has busted a planet in the past, took on multiple teams and schooled high heralds like they were nothing, including the Marvel characters in this battle.

New 52 Darkseid on the other hand has planet busting feats speaking for him and that's it, but the Marvel characters have planetary level durability, so Darkseid's main advantage is already not really there anymore. He would be able to hurt them, but to stomp them? I doubt that.
On top of that Darkseid was not facing anyone, who was a real threat to him, when he fought the Justice League. Superman lacks the damage output, so do the others and the same applies for their durability.

Thor, Hyperion and Hulk though all have established strength and durability, which surpasses the one of the new 52 characters (of course if one doesn't take the Earth benchpress feat into account, but IMO that should never happen).

This is not a "MARVEL AND ESPECIALLY THANOS ARE BETTER THAN DC AND DARKSEID" thread.
It's a thread, where Darkseid loses, because everything he brings to the fight is power to bust planets, but there are more than enough indicators for the Marvel characters being able to take that damage and continue to fight.
What else did Darkseid do? He beat the Gods in his One-Shot, but they didn't really strike me as impressive at all, since all they did was to stomp on the much smaller humans and then Darkseid straight up murdered them by sneaking up on them, assassinating them and absorbing their power afterwards.

Let me say this: Put World War Hulk into the new DC Universe and you will have the same story as with Darkseid entering it and beating everyone up.
Feel free to prove me otherwise.

Rao Kal El
laughing out loud Is true

This is a "composite feat" character that only appears when facing the other side, but somehow, is forgotten when facing the same side.

Strength and speed should be the game deciding factor and this is something people don't get

microsecond reaction time (super human reflexes) vs nanosecond reaction time (speedster reflexes)

There is a difference IIRC of 15 relative minutes, meaning that the person who has nanosecond reaction time will perceive the microsecond reaction time in slow motion for 15 minutes.

But this is always conviniently forgotten.

Rao Kal El
I don't think anyone here views it that way.

Thanos had time to establish himself over the years. He has busted a planet in the past, took on multiple teams and schooled high heralds like they were nothing, including the Marvel characters in this battle.

New 52 Darkseid on the other hand has planet busting feats speaking for him and that's it, but the Marvel characters have planetary level durability, so Darkseid's main advantage is already not really there anymore. He would be able to hurt them, but to stomp them? I doubt that.
On top of that Darkseid was not facing anyone, who was a real threat to him, when he fought the Justice League. Superman lacks the damage output, so do the others and the same applies for their durability.

Thor, Hyperion and Hulk though all have established strength and durability, which surpasses the one of the new 52 characters (of course if one doesn't take the Earth benchpress feat into account, but IMO that should never happen).

This is not a "MARVEL AND ESPECIALLY THANOS ARE BETTER THAN DC AND DARKSEID" thread.
It's a thread, where Darkseid loses, because everything he brings to the fight is power to bust planets, but there are more than enough indicators for the Marvel characters being able to take that damage and continue to fight.
What else did Darkseid do? He beat the Gods in his One-Shot, but they didn't really strike me as impressive at all, since all they did was to stomp on the much smaller humans and then Darkseid straight up murdered them by sneaking up on them, assassinating them and absorbing their power afterwards.

Let me say this: Put World War Hulk into the new DC Universe and you will have the same story as with Darkseid entering it and beating everyone up.

All I read was "years of composite feat character" vs a character who has less than 10 apparitions (2nd apparition was the CASUAL planet buster)

BTW keep negating that planet feat, it happen and I am expecting for you to concede your wrong analogy and that Superman should be more than capable to bust a planet.

And WWH would get defeated, btw.

deathslash
I personally think that Darkseid wins this after a hard fought battle.

LordofBrooklyn
When has Darkseid fought a being that can absorb all of his energy output...another being that physical stats amplifies every time he get punched in the face?

Are you suggesting that the Hulk can't be KO'd by Darkseid?

If not what do you mean by "Physical stats get amplified every time he gets punched in the face"?

Thor alone isn't stopping Darkseid. Mjolnir may nullify the Omega Beams but there is the beast that is Darkseid left to deal with.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Watch as the House of El crumbles before you.

Happy Dance Happy Dance

The House of El crumbles before no one!

I'll overlook your insolence.. this time!

LordofBrooklyn

World War Hulk DIES in the DCNU!

ODG
Yes, because with the exception of Mjolnir this team has abilities Darkseid has never faced before.. Oh wait I'm still waiting for whatever point you thought you were going to make.

quanchi112
World War Hulk DIES in the DCNU! nah. WW Hulk would eat Darkseid for breakfast.

deathslash
Originally posted by quanchi112
nah. I hate Darkseid so much that I think that he loses to anyone and everyone Translated

ShadowFyre
Hulk would not beat Darkseid by himself. Im a marvel fan and I even know that. Cmon. You guys need to stop with the bias bullshit. We know DC sucks. No reason to beat a dead horse. But darksied is still above our herald level characters.

Stranglehold300
What are some of New 52 Darkseids top end feats? Is his jobbing days over? Because thats what I am hearing. If so I say he may take this.

quanchi112
Translated Losing to WW Hulk is no low mark. Look at how DD treated him in Hunter Prey.

Epicurus
Losing to WW Hulk is no low mark. Look at how DD treated him in Hunter Prey.
IIRC, this is DCnU Darkseid, not pre-reboot DS.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Epicurus
IIRC, this is DCnU Darkseid, not pre-reboot DS. Aquaman's weapon makes a solid case then for his imminent destruction.

SquallX
Losing to WW Hulk is no low mark. Look at how DD treated him in Hunter Prey.

quanchi112

Epicurus
Aquaman's weapon makes a solid case then for his imminent destruction.
So you concede then that pre-reboot DS' wins/losses have no bearing whatsoever on this fight? Good.

quanchi112
So you concede then that pre-reboot DS' wins/losses have no bearing whatsoever on this fight? Good. No, I don't concede anything. I have given my reasoning. Just shut up and take it.

Epicurus
No, I don't concede anything. I have given my reasoning. Just shut up and take it.
You conceded that pre-reboot Darkseid's feats don't have any bearing on current Darkseif's appearances. I drank it all up like how a vampire drains all the blood from its victim. It was glorious.

quanchi112
You conceded that pre-reboot Darkseid's feats don't have any bearing on current Darkseif's appearances. I drank it all up like how a vampire drains all the blood from its victim. It was glorious. No, I simply gave an alternative with both answers covering the entire spectrum. One step ahead of you I am.

"I'm simply the best. Better than all the rest."

Epicurus
No, I simply gave an alternative with both answers covering the entire spectrum. One step ahead of you I am.

"I'm simply the best. Better than all the rest."
You conceded. I accepted. Lay down in your shame and despair, since today was the day you finally realized just how vastly inferior you are compared to me.

quanchi112
You conceded. I accepted. Lay down in your shame and despair, since today was the day you finally realized just how vastly inferior you are compared to me. I never conceded. You just wanted to believe it was so. I'm the lion where as you are the monkey who eats turds and fleas.

Epicurus
I never conceded. You just wanted to believe it was so. I'm the lion where as you are the monkey who eats turds and fleas.
Ironic, coming from the guy who actually eats poop. Listen, just admit the truth for once that you conceded. It'll help in your growth and maturity, it really will. Trust me.

quanchi112
Ironic, coming from the guy who actually eats poop. Listen, just admit the truth for once that you conceded. It'll help in your growth and maturity, it really will. Trust me. I didn't concede. I know you concede and say hey guys I was wrong again all time. Thats who you are. The man without conviction who will go wherever the wind may take him.

Team wins, Darkseidlover.

Epicurus
I didn't concede. I know you concede and say hey guys I was wrong again all time. Thats who you are. The man without conviction who will go wherever the wind may take him.

Team wins, Darkseidlover.
Whatever you say, Mr Poopeater. I accept you concession regardless.

quanchi112
Whatever you say, Mr Poopeater. I accept you concession regardless. You eat the poop while I'm busy ruling the jungle.

Where will the wind take you tomorrow. Tune in tomorrow kids to find out.

Epicurus
You eat the poop while I'm busy ruling the jungle.

Where will the wind take you tomorrow. Tune in tomorrow kids to find out.
Haha, pot calling kettle black. Also, lions don't live in jungles for the most part, Mr Poopeater. Their main habitat is Savannahs and/or desert regions.

Another concession from you. I am lovin' it.

quanchi112
Haha, pot calling kettle black. Also, lions don't live in jungles for the most part, Mr Poopeater. Their main habitat is Savannahs and/or desert regions.

Another concession from you. I am lovin' it. This lion lives in the kmc jungle and when it has to destroys flea eating monkeys. Look at the nerd be the nerd.

I'm sure since I called myself a lion you'll start doing the same. Single white poster.

Epicurus
This lion lives in the kmc jungle and when it has to destroys flea eating monkeys. Look at the nerd be the nerd.

I'm sure since I called myself a lion you'll start doing the same. Single white poster.
This retarded claim that lions live in jungles is another loss for you, Mr Poopeater.

Nah, lions are the pussies of the big cat family. Can't even take down a Cape Buffalo on their lonesome. I prefer to think of myself as a tiger. Bigger, stronger, faster, more agile, more aggressive, and an overall more badass animal than the lion could ever hope to be.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by ODG
I'm still waiting for whatever point you thought you were going to make.

Darkseid has surmounted all of the abilities presented by Hyperion, Captain Marvel, Hulk and Thor sans Mjolnir. Mjolnir presents a unique obstacle but not one Darkseid couldn't triumph over.

Reflassshh
This retarded claim that lions live in jungles is another loss for you, Mr Poopeater.

Nah, lions are the pussies of the big cat family. Can't even take down a Cape Buffalo on their lonesome. I prefer to think of myself as a tiger. Bigger, stronger, faster, more agile, more aggressive, and an overall more badass animal than the lion could ever hope to be.
Meh, Raptor>Big cats.

quanchi112

Nah, lions are the pussies of the big cat family. Can't even take down a Cape Buffalo on their lonesome. I prefer to think of myself as a tiger. Bigger, stronger, faster, more agile, more aggressive, and an overall more badass animal than the lion could ever hope to be. Get a load of this nerd. He actually believed I was a lion typing at a computer screen.

Also

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_PHs-kbypo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DD_PHs-kbypo

Yeah, lion wins. Discovery channel. Boom.

ShadowFyre
Get a load of this nerd. He actually believed I was a lion typing at a computer screen.

Also

That discovery channel thing wasnproven full of fail. In all the actual videos of an actual fight. Tigers dominate, bigger, stronger, faster reflexes and combat speed, (lions run at 45 mph compared to Tigers 40). They single handedly take down bigger prey (the guar, largest bovine on earth) and are overall just superior to Lions. A grown Tiger would also kill a velociraptor quite easily.

Just saying.

Inhuman
Lions are better fighters than tigers.
That's all male lions do besides sleeping,fuqing,... they train to fight since they are cubs.
Their job is to fight other make lions. Either to defend their pride or take over another pride.
Their mane also protects them from neck death bites.
They are capable of defeating a tiger even though the tiger might be a bit bigger and a bit stronger.

quanchi112
That discovery channel thing wasnproven full of fail. In all the actual videos of an actual fight. Tigers dominate, bigger, stronger, faster reflexes and combat speed, (lions run at 45 mph compared to Tigers 40). They single handedly take down bigger prey (the guar, largest bovine on earth) and are overall just superior to Lions. A grown Tiger would also kill a velociraptor quite easily.

Just saying. Completely incorrect. Discovery channel filmed a show with cat experts who knows each animal well. Lion wins. Inhuman already covered the reasoning.

ShadowFyre
Discovery channel was proven wrong by FACTS and the ACTUAL fights caught on video. And there is even a site where those same cat experts admitted to bieng told what to say. Have to look it up. In almost every case the Tiger has completely and utterly dominated the Lion. But the Lion, has the strong number two spot. I dont see why you are arguing this as Thanos is much more akin to a Tiger as in he is not a pack animal. Anyway, both powerful animals. Back to the fight at hand. Could go either way I guess. This is a hard team to beat imo.

quanchi112
Discovery channel was proven wrong by FACTS and the ACTUAL fights caught on video. And there is even a site where those same cat experts admitted to bieng told what to say. Have to look it up. In almost every case the Tiger has completely and utterly dominated the Lion. But the Lion, has the strong number two spot. I dont see why you are arguing this as Thanos is much more akin to a Tiger as in he is not a pack animal. Anyway, both powerful animals. Back to the fight at hand. Could go either way I guess. This is a hard team to beat imo. Back your case. Why would they force people to reach a conclusion ? It makes zero sense. Face the facts the lion wins. More fighting experience and mane protection.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A tiger on average would take a lion most likely.

quanchi112
A tiger on average would take a lion most likely. Discovery channel disagrees.

carver9
This should end this (straight from a professionals mouth)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUhGuFDbL0E

Back to the topic at hand...team stomjps.

ShadowFyre
You asked for it. Well first I can simply have you watch the multitude of videos of the actual animals actually fighting which actually shows you the Lion actually losing. The sad part is , in half of them it is a smaller female Tiger, punking grown male lions. The few videos of a male Tiger vs. Male Lion was so one sided it wasnt even funny.

Tigers also fight to the death just as much as Lions but since Lions live in the savannah (something that eluded you apparently) they are easier to watch and study. The average male Tiger is 70-100 lbs heavier than your average male lion. They have a bite force that has been measured up to 300-400 psi more than a Lion.

Lions inherently standnon one paw and swipe where a Tiger willnstand on his back paws and swipe using both, along with higher strength of the Tiger allows this to be devastating.

Tigers in siberia also hunt and kill some brown bears.
Bengal tigersnjump in the water and hunt fu***** crocodiles, an animal that on a consistent basis steals foods from Lions.

Now I dont condone fighting of animals. I find it abhorrent. But when I was in Korea we saw a.few of these fights. We saw a lion vs. Dogs and we watched a tiger vs. Dogs. In both cases the cat won (obviously) but the Tiger didnit in half the time.

Both of these creatures are amazingly powerful animals.And in a one on one it all depends on the animal itself. In the wild even larger more powerful animals will back down to save themselves even the slightest injury. (Grizzlies backing down from wolverines, etc.)

And in ancient roman times, they used to pit Barbary Lions against I believe Bengal (could be wrong ) Tigers and the quote was that the Tigers "invariably" won. Can anyone prove this? Why no. But what I do know is that both of these cats can kill a raptor. Easily.

Now come watch Tony rage out on the sentry vs thanos thread.

quanchi112
Again, no facts just unsupported bias. Discovery channel did the show. Cat expert sided with the lions. End of story.

ShadowFyre
The facts are in the ****ing videos. Are you insane? That is more facts than what people can say. That literally makes no sense. I just gave you more "facts" than anything you came up with. The Actual Fights. Discovery channel animal face off also had a gorilla karate chopping a leapord and a rhinoceros just sit there while an elephant walked up and stabbed it. Those "fights" were nothing like an actual fight. And other cat experts disclaimed it.

quanchi112
The facts are in the ****ing videos. Are you insane? That is more facts than what people can say. That literally makes no sense. I just gave you more "facts" than anything you came up with. The Actual Fights. Discovery channel animal face off also had a gorilla karate chopping a leapord and a rhinoceros just sit there while an elephant walked up and stabbed it. Those "fights" were nothing like an actual fight. And other cat experts disclaimed it. You put up no videos. Again, I have an exerts opinion. You have random fanfic videos with nothing substantiating them.

deathslash
Originally posted by Stranglehold300
What are some of New 52 Darkseids top end feats? Is his jobbing days over? Because thats what I am hearing. If so I say he may take this. You should go to the Darkseid respect thread if you want to know in depth details but I'll give you a brief summary of his feats.

In the Nu52 Darkseid has done the following things: he soloed the entire Justice league twice, oneshotted Superman with a single Omega beam (whilst the other beam split up to try and hit the flash), absolutely curbstomped Green Lantern, got stabbed in one of his eyes by Wonder woman's sword (it's magical and is so sharp that it can split atoms in half) and Aquaman's trident (also magical and super durable), still kept fighting and manhandling the League, had to be bfr by the league in order to lose to them, orchestrated a war between the Old Gods (and after killing them and stealing their power) and, destroyed the realm of the Old Gods. The most impressive things that Darkseid has under his belt is his Omega Beams and his kill record.

Darkseid's Omega Beams are so powerful that a single blast from them blew up an alternate reality earth, they're so fast that the Flash (Barry Allen) has to move at his fastest to avoid them (and even then, they were gaining on him and he had to use an entire group of Parademons to block the blast and he even got knocked to the ground simply from the force of the blast hitting the Parademons), and, a single beam (instead of the usual two) was enough to oneshot superman.

It's also been revealed that he's been travelling from reality to reality killing every alternate reality version of Superman that he can. He already has hundreds (if not thousands) of kills under his belt. It's also been shown that he can hold open these portals to the alternate realities using his own physical strength (if not energy manipulation).

yeah... so this is a Darkseid that go don't want to f#### with

ODG
Darkseid has surmounted all of the abilities presented by Hyperion, Captain Marvel, Hulk and Thor sans Mjolnir. Mjolnir presents a unique obstacle but not one Darkseid couldn't triumph over. He really hasn't. He basically fought against sharp stabbies, energy constructs, superstrength, superspeed and forced teleportation. And with varying degrees of success, mind you.

Branlor Swift
Completely incorrect. Discovery channel filmed a show with cat experts who knows each animal well. Lion wins. Inhuman already covered the reasoning. The same group of people said Rashad Evans could knee a skull in half with a normal grounded knee and GSP hits with IIRC 3000 plus PSI.

That whole team involved with those shows just make random shit up

-Pr-
If you guys won't be on topic, you'll be banned/have the thread closed.

Epicurus
Get a load of this nerd. He actually believed I was a lion typing at a computer screen.

Also

Lol, referring that fail tv show which had a gorilla doing karate chops and a polar bear getting killed by a walrus...that's low even for you, quantran.

Epicurus
Completely incorrect. Discovery channel filmed a show with cat experts who knows each animal well. Lion wins. Inhuman already covered the reasoning.
If Dave Salmoni is a big cat expert, then I am the President of the United States.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Inhuman
Lions are better fighters than tigers.
That's all male lions do besides sleeping,fuqing,... they train to fight since they are cubs.
Their job is to fight other make lions. Either to defend their pride or take over another pride.
Their mane also protects them from neck death bites.
They are capable of defeating a tiger even though the tiger might be a bit bigger and a bit stronger.
Actual scientific data proves this age-old myth wrong. Kaziranga tigers have the highest mortality rates among the big cats in the wild. And the percentage of these mortality rates attributable to territorial fights or fights over mating rights is considerably higher than the percentage of lion deaths caused due to fighting between individual specimens. The mane offers little to no protection in actual documented fights between 2 captive specimens. If anything, it is a handicap seeing how the dark and thick fur of the mane can cause the lion to overheat. Out of the hundreds of eye-witness accounts of tiger/lion fights, majority of the times where the lion was killed was due to a neck bite. Tigers are also more heavily muscled than lions, whose greater bone density means a heavier skeleton which means greater usage of skeletal muscles simply to actuate their body.

Silent Master
You might want to stop talking about cats, I don't think pr was joking.

For now, I think the team wins.

Epicurus
Team wins.

Delta1938

I think that strength and striking power are two totally different things, therefore I always make the argument, that a bodybuilder / strongman is stronger than a karate master, but both won't be able to hit through solid stone, while the karate master probably will be able to do it due to his experience and training.

What you just said shows you know little to nothing about fighting, or how exactly it is Martial Artists break concrete blocks and why that doesn't really translate into your argument.

But then again - do us both a favour and don't respond to me. Everything I've written now is my point of view. It's my opinion and in the end of the day I'm just like all of you guys... Well, I'm smarter and more handsome, but I'm also just one random guy from the internet with the opinion, that is always the best and a take on things that is never wrong...
How could anyone ever convince me otherwise?
How could anyone ever convince you otherwise?
Being a stupid **** lies in the human nature.

This amongst other stuff you've said(in this thread and others)? I've come to the conclusion that you're so mad, arrogant and egotistical on the Internet, while trying to act smooth and suave and you're better than us all while consistently proving you're not, is because it's your way of feeling better about having a very small penis. That's the only way that it makes sense. That, or you're on medication that you've been failing to take.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Delta1938
This amongst other stuff you've said(in this thread and others)? I've come to the conclusion that you're so mad, arrogant and egotistical on the Internet, while trying to act smooth and suave and you're better than us all while consistently proving you're not, is because it's your way of feeling better about having a very small penis. That's the only way that it makes sense. That, or you're on medication that you've been failing to take.
laughing out loud thumb up

SquallX
Based on ?

Did you ever read Final Crisis?

Morrison made it bluntly clear that Darkseid true form was never seen until he showed up in final crisis. All of his appearances were nothing but Avatars of himself.

Enzeru
What you just said shows you know little to nothing about fighting, or how exactly it is Martial Artists break concrete blocks and why that doesn't really translate into your argument.

Strength =/ Striking Power

One doesn't have to be a genius to realize that. Bruce Lee is the most well known martial artist ever and he was by no means a huge man, yet reports from other people stated that he hit them harder than anyone has ever hit them before.

Experience and training determine how strong you punch and not how your overall physical stregnth is.

Trying to make the argument that Superman can destroy planets with punches, just because he can benchpress planets is stupid, because 1. there is no scientific proof for direct strength transmitting into direct striking power 2. and in comic books his damage has been stated over and over and over again that it can crush mountains and nothing more.

Oh and you've provided no input whatsoever, rather than just posting something and state your opinion on it, which differs to mine and that's it. No explanation, no different take on it, no nothing. Just your opinion, which in the end of the day doesn't matter anything.

I call people, who act stupid on the internet ... well stupid and you're saying that I have a small penis, or that I'm not using my medicine.

Who could blame me for calling you stupid, when you act like that?

Epicurus
Bruce Lee is the most well known martial artist ever and he was by no means a huge man, yet reports from other people stated that he hit them harder than anyone has ever hit them before.
Most well-known. Not most skilled though. He wasn't a combat sportsman, but an actor plus stuntsman plus fight choreographer. IIRC, he even admitted that Mike Tyson would beat him in a one-on-one fight. And reports regarding his (in)famous one inch punch are often exaggerated.

Enzeru
IIRC, he even admitted that Mike Tyson would beat him in a one-on-one fight.

Mike Tyson was kinda a much bigger man than Bruce Lee, don't you think :-7

HEY EVERYONE, LET'S ASK DANA WHITE TO MAKE "CAIN VELASQUEZ VS GEORGE ST-PIERRE" HAPPEN!

Delta1938
Strength =/ Striking Power

One doesn't have to be a genius to realize that. Bruce Lee is the most well known martial artist ever and he was by no means a huge man, yet reports from other people stated that he hit them harder than anyone has ever hit them before.

Experience and training determine how strong you punch and not how your overall physical stregnth is.

Trying to make the argument that Superman can destroy planets with punches, just because he can benchpress planets is stupid, because 1. there is no scientific proof for direct strength transmitting into direct striking power 2. and in comic books his damage has been stated over and over and over again that it can crush mountains and nothing more.

Oh and you've provided no input whatsoever, rather than just posting something and state your opinion on it, which differs to mine and that's it. No explanation, no different take on it, no nothing. Just your opinion, which in the end of the day doesn't matter anything.

I know how what you're arguing actually works. Your initial response told me you don't really know what you're talking about, and your reply confirmed it. Martial Artists breaking concrete blocks doesn't apply to fights. It also seems you failed to grasp what I was actually pointing-out.

I call people, who act stupid on the internet ... well stupid and you're saying that I have a small penis, or that I'm not using my medicine.

Who could blame me for calling you stupid, when you act like that?

Dunning-Kruger Effect sums it all up for you.

Epicurus
Mike Tyson was kinda a much bigger man than Bruce Lee, don't you think :-7

HEY EVERYONE, LET'S ASK DANA WHITE TO MAKE "CAIN VELASQUEZ VS GEORGE ST-PIERRE" HAPPEN!
So you admit then that size does matter? Also, another fun fact: boxers hit considerably harder than martial artists even at similar weight classes.

iceman24567
So you admit then that size does matter? Also, another fun fact: boxers hit considerably harder than martial artists even at similar weight classes. Well yeah unless its a punch vs a kick

Enzeru
So you admit then that size does matter? Also, another fun fact: boxers hit considerably harder than martial artists even at similar weight classes.

Mike Tyson's and Bruce Lee's situation can't be compared to Superman.
If Mike Tyson was Superman and Bruce Lee his smaller super son, then yes, Superman would win, due to having the physical advantage.

Boxers hit harder than martial artist, because they're trained to hit hard, while mixed martial artists are much more versatile and concentrate on speed and other stuff to provent takedowns, land quick submissions and so on.

Junior Dos Santos (heavyweight) is one of the best boxers in mixed martial arts and he hits like a truck. It's partially genetics, talent and training in boxing, since he had amateur and professional boxing fights before.

Cain Velasquez (heavyweight) will tear George St-Pierre (lightweight) apart, because it's a fight between a man and a boy.

Mike Tyson (heavyweight) will tear Bruce Lee apart, because once again, it's a fight between a man and a boy.

They're all trained fighters - can you say the same for Superman? Can you say that Superman has experience in striking? No, he doesn't and his kryptonian Kung Fu isn't helping either.

My point was that a bodybuilder may have the strength, but he lacks the proper experience to destroy a brick, while a karate master will be able to do just that, simply because he trained to do so.

I can get behind that Superman can benchpress the Earth (even though it's still stupid), but his damage output is not near a planet buster. He is a mountain buster as stated many, many, many, many, many times in the new DC comics.
Thor on the other hand may not have Earth benchpressing strength feats, but he has recently cracked planets during his fight with Gorr and Thor is someone with thousands of years of fighting / striking experience.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What is your point in all that?

Why would a brick destroy a bodybuilder? Are you saying if the brick has training and the bodybuilder doesn't? I don't get the comparison.

Also, I'll LOL at your Tyson would destroy Bruce Lee thing... I totally disagree with your reasoning and with how sure you are with the results. Sure he could beat Bruce lee but it's anything but a given. I assure you I've watched more MMA than you, and there is one thing that it's taught me, mixed training will be one dimensial more times than not. Bruce Lee wasn't just a KF guy... he cross trained in many disciplines. Shit.. he even had submissions in his movies.. he did an armbar in one and a version of a triangle in another. Tyson winning that fight is anything but sure.

Epicurus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Also, I'll LOL at your Tyson would destroy Bruce Lee thing... I totally disagree with your reasoning and with how sure you are with the results. Sure he could beat Bruce lee but it's anything but a given. I assure you I've watched more MMA than you, and there is one thing that it's taught me, mixed training will be one dimensial more times than not. Bruce Lee wasn't just a KF guy... he cross trained in many disciplines. Shit.. he even had submissions in his movies.. he did an armbar in one and a version of a triangle in another. Tyson winning that fight is anything but sure.
He was just an actor at the end of the day. He admitted that Tyson would win in a fight.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He was NOT just an actor.. where do you get that info from GK? He was a trained MIXED Martial Artists. Your'e usually spot on about things GK but here you're totally wrong. Bruce Lee died LONG before Tyson even was a blimp on the radar.. let alone before he won the HW championship of the world. So he certainly didn't ever say Tyson would beat him.

iceman24567
Probably thinking of Jet Li in his head

Epicurus
He was NOT just an actor.. where do you get that info from GK? He was a trained MIXED Martial Artists. Your'e usually spot on about things GK but here you're totally wrong. Bruce Lee died LONG before Tyson even was a blimp on the radar.. let alone before he won the HW championship of the world. So he certainly didn't ever say Tyson would beat him.
He wasn't really a trained MMA fighter though. Sure, he had some pretty good background in Wing-Chun and he invented JKD...but at the end of the day he was merely a stunsman and expert fight choreographer who would never took the risk of actually going into professional combat sports. Also, I was mistaken about his public admission...he admitted that it was Muhammad Ali whom he would lose to, not Tyson. Still, not hard to see why Tyson could dominate him as well seeing how Ali too admitted that Tyson would win in a match between the 2.

quanchi112
Did you ever read Final Crisis?

Morrison made it bluntly clear that Darkseid true form was never seen until he showed up in final crisis. All of his appearances were nothing but Avatars of himself. Yes, I did.

We saw him attach himself to a man in that story. This is one writers take on this not dc. There weren't specific retcons taking place. Quit picking and choosing.

Prof. T.C McAbe

thumb up

quanchi112
He was just an actor at the end of the day. He admitted that Tyson would win in a fight. Liar.

July 20, 1973, Kowloon Tong
Bruce Lee, Died

Tyson was born in 66.

Epicurus
Liar.

July 20, 1973, Kowloon Tong
Bruce Lee, Died

Tyson was born in 66.
You're late to the party, brolio:
Also, I was mistaken about his public admission...he admitted that it was Muhammad Ali whom he would lose to, not Tyson.

quanchi112
You're late to the party, brolio: Hahahahahahahaha. You really believed Mike Tyson was around the time of Bruce Lee. Hilarious. I am just grinning from ear to ear due to this latest humiliation.

Enzeru
Why would a brick destroy a bodybuilder? Are you saying if the brick has training and the bodybuilder doesn't? I don't get the comparison.

You didn't quite understand what my point was.

What Superman fanboys on this board (and basically everywhere else, but mainly on this board) say is that because Superman is capable of benchpressing the Earth that he can also easily destroy it, while I'm saying that that's not the case.

Superman is strong, yes - but he clearly lacks fighting experience, which is needed for better striking.

A bodybuilder / strongman will be able to lift more weight than a Kung Fu expert, but they won't be able to break a layer of bricks, while the master will.
At that point it has nothing to do with strength. The bodybuilder and the strongman will break their own hand by trying to destroy the layer of bricks, but the Kung Fu master has trained years for that and he knows the proper technique to destroy it.

Superman can have the natural strength to benchpress the planet, but so far his damage output is at mountain busting levels, if he is not sundipped. He himself stated it, so has the narration during other instances and the collataral damage of his damage output supports that even further.
It's logic and comic book statements, which state that he lacks the experience and striking power to pull off more.

Superman = Bodybuilder / Strongman
Thor = Kung Fu master

Thor never benchpressed the Earth for days, but he has been shattering planets with his Mjolnir strikes and so has Beta Ray Bill, who is Thor's equal. They're both experienced fighters, who have trained a long time to inflict a lot of damage with their attacks.

It's plain and simple logic and I really don't get why people feel the need to argue with me on this. Logic is stating it, supporting my take on it and even the comics provide more than enough context for it to be true.

Also, I'll LOL at your Tyson would destroy Bruce Lee thing... I totally disagree with your reasoning and with how sure you are with the results. Sure he could beat Bruce lee but it's anything but a given. I assure you I've watched more MMA than you, and there is one thing that it's taught me, mixed training will be one dimensial more times than not.

Just real quick something about the last statement you made ... that you've watched more MMA than me :-7 Recently Raj told me that he read more Marvel comics than me.
Do you people actually know who I am and have insider information on me, or are you always telling other people what you have done more and better than them?
I for example don't do such a thing. I wouldn't even tell a person, who I just met for the first time that I'm smarter than he / she is. I would have to check that person out and then be able to decide if I'm superior in any way or not ... so no, since you basically don't know me at all, you also can't tell if you've watched more MMA than I have and by establishing that, you should take my opinion on MMA related stuff into consideration, since the chance is there that I know more about it than you do.

George St-Pierre is considered to be one of the best fighters on the planet. He has a great win / loss record, had to defeat a lot of great competition and he's done that in devastating fashion every now and then ...
... but he was never too happy about the idea to fight Anderson Silva, who has a similar status, even though I prefer GSP over Silva due to him facing the better and tougher competition throughout the years.

Why should GSP fight Anderson Silva, who is simply a bigger man? The fact is that both men know how to fight and physical advantage would come very in handy in such a fight and the same applies for Mike Tyson and Bruce Lee.
Mike Tyson is the bigger man and therefore he holds more power - he might be able to simply outlast and overpower Bruce Lee, but that still doesn't mean that he can break bricks with his fists, because he doesn't have the proper technique, while I could see Bruce Lee doing something like that, since that guy always looked like a genius to me.

And I'm by no means a Bruce Lee fan :-7 I prefer Jackie Chan.

Epicurus
Hahahahahahahaha. You really believed Mike Tyson was around the time of Bruce Lee. Hilarious. I am just grinning from ear to ear due to this latest humiliation.
What humiliation? Everyone gets confused from time to time. You're one to talk, Mr "Surtur wins".

Delta1938
Hahahahahahahaha. You really believed Mike Tyson was around the time of Bruce Lee. Hilarious. I am just grinning from ear to ear due to this latest humiliation.

Missing that I wasn't arguing against Thanos and telling things weren't as they seemed, arguing that a country that didn't exist at the time was involved in World War Two, accusing me of thinking I'm a moral authority when I've never done that, and the classic "expunged bacteria" claim.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rRFMexiNIyo/TEqJF_3RhEI/AAAAAAAAAFI/GtpNEn3w9tY/s1600/pot_kettle_black.jpg

Irony violates you so regularly you don't even feel it, huh?

quanchi112
What humiliation? Everyone gets confused from time to time. You're one to talk, Mr "Surtur wins". Thats entirely different than saying a boxer who was a child at the time of his death thing. Love hearing you say you're confused. I'm reveling in this.

Branlor Swift
What the shitdicks is going on here?

quanchi112
Missing that I wasn't arguing against Thanos and telling things weren't as they seemed, arguing that a country that didn't exist at the time was involved in World War Two, accusing me of thinking I'm a moral authority when I've never done that, and the classic "expunged bacteria" claim.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rRFMexiNIyo/TEqJF_3RhEI/AAAAAAAAAFI/GtpNEn3w9tY/s1600/pot_kettle_black.jpg

Irony violates you so regularly you don't even feel it, huh? Again, with the emotions and bringing up the past shows you can't put it behind you.

Epicurus
Thats entirely different than saying a boxer who was a child at the time of his death thing. Love hearing you say you're confused. I'm reveling in this.
Whatever you say, Mr Poop-eater.

quanchi112
Whatever you say, Mr Poop-eater. Team wins.

Delta1938
What humiliation? Everyone gets confused from time to time. You're one to talk, Mr "Surtur wins".

What's this "Surtur wins" thing about Quanny? I MUST know!!

Again, with the emotions and bringing up the past shows you can't put it behind you.

The only emotion here is joy at seeing you stumble again. And I brought up a couple of your classics along with your current hits.

And for the record, I'm not complimenting you. I'm using a metaphor to point-out things we laugh at you for. I heard you've been confused before and thought insults being named after you were actually something to be proud of.

Enzeru
One more thread that went downhill... #kmc

Epicurus
What's this "Surtur wins" thing about Quanny? I MUST know!!
Surtur wins.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>