does this count as mountain busting?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luffygear4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbmYcwwep2I

was what hody got kicked into the size of a mountain? and seeing as thought full force was put into the kick, that was transferred to hody, that lost power while flying, that crashed into the structure, that destroyed the structure, was only about around 60% as strong as it could of been, because of everything that happend before it crashed the structure. could luffy destroy a mountain with his elephant gun, which is a few times stronger that a gear 2 kick with no haki.

Q99
I wouldn't count it. It caused a cliff to collapse, and most of the time, when talking 'Mountain' you're talking bigger to begin with.

dadudemon
That was both hilarious and amazing.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by dadudemon
That was both hilarious and amazing.

You should watch more One Piece because honestly that is one of Luffy's lesser moments. Not because of him but because the villain and society around him is pathetic.

Luffygear4
Originally posted by Q99
I wouldn't count it. It caused a cliff to collapse, and most of the time, when talking 'Mountain' you're talking bigger to begin with.

ow, i thought it looked big enough to be around mountain range.

NemeBro
Eyeballing it, I don't think so.

Q99
Originally posted by Luffygear4
ow, i thought it looked big enough to be around mountain range.

Mountains are really, really big ^^

And there's a difference between hitting something unstable low down causing it to collapse, and just flat-out blowing something up.

carver9
Wouldn't it be more difficult to punch someone into a mountain destroying it vs punching a mountain with your fist destroying it.?

SSJGGogeta
Ehhh, not really a mountain. Mountains are HUGE, literally about three times bigger than what that looked like. It looked similar to the walls around the final valley in Naruto. Still, the force would be lost slightly in the air. However, to assume how much force was lost, we have to make a lot of baseless assumptions, and I think the guy would have flown A LOT farther if the wall wasn't there, so we can't determine how much the guy was decelerating at that point.

Luffygear4
but with everything i stated in the description that should take power away from the direct attack, and it not being his strongest move, not even named. with powerscaling shouldnt he at least be close to a mountain lvl DC with say an elephant gun?

AuraAngel
But Luffy's stronger moves have done less. If he was a mountain buster then the Dressrosa Coliseum platform would be gone.

carver9
Originally posted by AuraAngel
But Luffy's stronger moves have done less. If he was a mountain buster then the Dressrosa Coliseum platform would be gone.

You can't base your ft off of this statement.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by carver9
You can't base your ft off of this statement.

Why not?

Luffy's better punches do not have mountain busting feats(that I recall). This isn't an opinion lol. They've failed to bust something significantly smaller than a mountain.

Q99
Originally posted by carver9
Wouldn't it be more difficult to punch someone into a mountain destroying it vs punching a mountain with your fist destroying it.?

Why would it be more difficult? If the energy is delivered, it's delivered.

And if it's a strait up-and-down cliff, then if you hit someone in low, gravity is doing much of the work.

marwash22
given how far he traveled after the kick, and how the large the structure still appeared from where we see Luffy in the foreground, I'd say that was a mountain... but not a very large one.

Luffygear4
Originally posted by Q99
Why would it be more difficult? If the energy is delivered, it's delivered.

no, the amount of energy gradually decreased from everything i stated in the description. it wasnt as strong as it could have been.

Q99
Almost no power is going to be lost to air resistance or the like. Also the fact that it's a cliff where gravity does a lot of the work significantly lowers the amount of force required. Nor would twice that little thing be a full mountain.

It's much smaller than the damage that, say, a Biju ball from a Naruto Biju like 2-tails or 8-tails does.

Demonic Phoenix
It's a cliff. Look at 0:40. The part of the cliff that got destroyed was nowhere near mountain level.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4805/projectarmsv10030031.jpg

Something like this attack from Jabberwock would be far far closer to a Mountain Busting level than Luffy's kick was.

AuraAngel
Hush and go back to starring at Shirahoshi's giant boobs you lecher.

Once again another instance of fanservice ruining tension. Still could be worse. Could be HSDK.

carver9
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Why not?

Luffy's better punches do not have mountain busting feats(that I recall). This isn't an opinion lol. They've failed to bust something significantly smaller than a mountain.

Because you can't always base things off of collateral damage...especially with Anime characters.Collateral damage doesnt equal power level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.