Superman is far more powerful than Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
I was just randomly thinking the other day and reached an epiphany, that Superman is far more powerful than Thor and other heralds. Superman has always held back, even on some levels subconsciously...ie even when he is letting loose, he is still on his level holding back.

But a fully enraged Superman would pretty much hit the dial at 11 (as he said). Thing is, Superman has probably never truly reached that status. How would he reach it...perhaps if Lois was raped and killed in front of him...Superman would reach his ultimate power level, his Super Saiyan mode if you will.

I'd like to postulate that Superman normally operates at about under 20% of his power level...whereas Thor and others operate at around 60% or higher, especially since Thor's warrior code makes him relish combat and not have to hold back.

So, the only way to see a fullpowered Superman is if something as traumatic as witnessing Loise rape and death before him and since that hasn't happened, we've never seen what a full-powered unchecked Superman is capable of.

end rant

Silent Master
No.

brownqk
Silver Surfer and a few others annihilate Superman. Superman isn't the clear cut most powerful herald in all of comics.

carver9
We've never seen what a full powered Herald of any choice is capable of, not just Supes. If anyone is more of a passive in the Herald tier, its Surfer.

Supermex
Originally posted by carver9
We've never seen what a full powered Herald of any choice is capable of, not just Supes. If anyone is more of a passive in the Herald tier, its Surfer.

Agree with dis guy↑↑

Supermex
I don't think iv ever seen any of these guys unload before..
That Superman talk is just Someone talking out of there ass..
Someone with Supermans jock in there mouth..

If i was to say the samething about any of the guys below
I be talkin out of my ass too..

Hulk
Surfer
Thor
Dr.Strange
Shazam
G.L Hal
Manhunter

Uriel005
We've never seen what a full powered Herald of any choice is capable of, not just Supes. If anyone is more of a passive in the Herald tier, its Surfer. On a plot basis Superman for sure is "better" simply because 90% of the time it's in the plots interest for him to be. So in that context yeah he's stronger. But if we want to look at power sets, abilities and potential Superman is fairly low on the list only enabled by "this looks like a job for superman" power which takes his power set to any scale that the plot needs it to be.

On a table of just raw potential no plot involved standard power sets I have to give the nod to Thor and Surfer.

That said DC 1 Million superman is definitely something we can theorize as being godly powerful while still being the cannon superman but he just lacks the feats and showings to really say how far a god like superman could go. On the otherhand Rune King Thor has definitive showings that make it clear he's on the level of something like an eldar god/ high tier skyfather. Even Surfer has more credibility in those tiers.

That said if we take plots into account Superman blows anyone out of the water simply because it's a character mainstay to be that shining beacon who can overcome any odds simply because that is who he is.

Now for the part Carter is going to hate is that Hulk overall is still tiers below if we want to judge using the same rules of applying simply whats in his powerset when compared to the others or if we take feats and plots into account while powerful still doesn't have more than a few planetary/solar system+ feats while the others at times have operated at galactic/universal levels. i.e. Surfer who could give galactus a fight/ Rune King Thor/ Cosmic Armor, DC 1 Million, Infinite Page holding, planet benching superman. Sry couldnt resist that last part just because its Carter big grin

LordofBrooklyn

Thor= Aaron

You're wrong again, Carver.

LordofBrooklyn
Hulk=PAK

Wrong yet again, Carver.

IHateCoughing
You got it backwards, OP.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Starscream M
I was just randomly thinking the other day and reached an epiphany, that Superman is far more powerful than Thor and other heralds. Superman has always held back, even on some levels subconsciously...ie even when he is letting loose, he is still on his level holding back.

But a fully enraged Superman would pretty much hit the dial at 11 (as he said). Thing is, Superman has probably never truly reached that status. How would he reach it...perhaps if Lois was raped and killed in front of him...Superman would reach his ultimate power level, his Super Saiyan mode if you will.

I'd like to postulate that Superman normally operates at about under 20% of his power level...whereas Thor and others operate at around 60% or higher, especially since Thor's warrior code makes him relish combat and not have to hold back.

So, the only way to see a fullpowered Superman is if something as traumatic as witnessing Loise rape and death before him and since that hasn't happened, we've never seen what a full-powered unchecked Superman is capable of.

end rant

Welcome brother, to the House Of El!

celeyhyga17

end rant
Wow!

LordofBrooklyn
It needed to be said.

The return of Jake has made these Thor Corps members forget the natural order.

House of El>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor Corps

Prof. T.C McAbe

end rant

You are almost correct. But we know from OWAW that Superman operates at about 1% of his possibilities. The Aegis Armor was more powerful then Superman, let's say he is about 10% of it's power, it couldn't break the tendrils which have become 100 time more powerful, it would need to become 100 times more powerful to break them. Superman broke them, more then one at once, which means he became at the very least 1000 more powerful.

thumb up

great thread btw to show that Superman, as a nexus being from which everything comes, even the Marvel Omniverse (if we are honest with ourselfs), is an Abstract.

Iskandar
Originally posted by Silent Master
No.

^

Simple and to the point. Well anyway, what Superman is this? Current? Pre-Nu, et cetera?

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
You are almost correct. But we know from OWAW that Superman operates at about 1% of his possibilities. The Aegis Armor was more powerful then Superman, let's say he is about 10% of it's power, it couldn't break the tendrils which have become 100 time more powerful, it would need to become 100 times more powerful to break them. Superman broke them, more then one at once, which means he became at the very least 1000 more powerful.

thumb up

great thread btw to show that Superman, as a nexus being from which everything comes, even the Marvel Omniverse (if we are honest with ourselfs), is an Abstract.

Onslaught armor busting, punching through time reversing everything as a whole Hulk.

Shockwaves destroying a nearby planet. Withstand a blast that was destroying gods from different universes Thor.

Taking on Galactus level threats, shooting blasts that was creating blackholes. Controlling the crunch Surfer.

We can add more to each of these Heralds, but it doesn't matter because when it comes down to it, their potential is limitless (especially Hulk, the guy almost, just recently, depleted a Galactus level being of his power with brute strength alone and he still wasn't maxed out).

Pillow Biter
Massive oversimplification.

That Superman has kind of dynamic power has become more widely accepted over the years. But while that power is more dynamic than other 'heralds', he is still far from the Hulk. Even the mechanism underlying that dynamism lacks consensus: some just say he holds back more, some talk about psionic power, or mental blocks, or having mentally/emotionally regulated powers etc.

Even now, Superman sometimes goes 'all out' and gets little more of a power boost than other high-enders with an adrenaline rush. At other times, he gets a serious boost. You can't just try to create a consensus where none exists, and reconcile all the diverse showings using some imagined rule.

carver9
Originally posted by Uriel005
On a plot basis Superman for sure is "better" simply because 90% of the time it's in the plots interest for him to be. So in that context yeah he's stronger. But if we want to look at power sets, abilities and potential Superman is fairly low on the list only enabled by "this looks like a job for superman" power which takes his power set to any scale that the plot needs it to be.

On a table of just raw potential no plot involved standard power sets I have to give the nod to Thor and Surfer.

That said DC 1 Million superman is definitely something we can theorize as being godly powerful while still being the cannon superman but he just lacks the feats and showings to really say how far a god like superman could go. On the otherhand Rune King Thor has definitive showings that make it clear he's on the level of something like an eldar god/ high tier skyfather. Even Surfer has more credibility in those tiers.

That said if we take plots into account Superman blows anyone out of the water simply because it's a character mainstay to be that shining beacon who can overcome any odds simply because that is who he is.

Now for the part Carter is going to hate is that Hulk overall is still tiers below if we want to judge using the same rules of applying simply whats in his powerset when compared to the others or if we take feats and plots into account while powerful still doesn't have more than a few planetary/solar system+ feats while the others at times have operated at galactic/universal levels. i.e. Surfer who could give galactus a fight/ Rune King Thor/ Cosmic Armor, DC 1 Million, Infinite Page holding, planet benching superman. Sry couldnt resist that last part just because its Carter big grin

I agree with a LOT of what you've said...some I disagree with though. When it comes to versatility and true power, Thor and Surfer is the best choice.

carver9
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Massive oversimplification.

That Superman has kind of dynamic power has become more widely accepted over the years. But while that power is more dynamic than other 'heralds', he is still far from the Hulk. Even the mechanism underlying that dynamism lacks consensus: some just say he holds back more, some talk about psionic power, or mental blocks, or having mentally/emotionally regulated powers etc.

Even now, Superman sometimes goes 'all out' and gets little more of a power boost than other high-enders with an adrenaline rush. At other times, he gets a serious boost. You can't just try to create a consensus where none exists, and reconcile all the diverse showings using some imagined rule.

thumb up

I would consider Superman stronger than Thor and Surfer though. The Margin of how much stronger depends on the person I guess.

bats2jm

Question where do you get this from "Superman normally operates at about under 20% of his power level...whereas Thor and others operate at around 60% or higher," really would like to know and if the rant you wrote was a question the answer is no.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Let's say it this way, if an Omniversal threat would come and you just would have one man to chose to stop it, "this would be a job for Superman" no one else.

carver9
I would choose Thor.

Brockalizer

end rant So basically you're arguing that Superman has allowed his enemies to threaten the world and or universe repeatedly, and allow countless lives to be needlessly squandered is because on a subconscious level he is either A. apathetic or B. chicken shit.

Newjak
Okay not really a vs thread. And there is already a Thor vs Superman Thread anyways. So closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.