How would describe your life so far based on Erik Erison's psychosocial stages?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oneness
Here is a chart of Erick Erickson's Psychosocial Stages of Development

Now, for me:

Infancy was: Trust, Positive resolution

Toddlerhood was: Autonomy, Positive resolution

Early childhood was: Initiative, Positive resolution

Now for me, it is in middle and late childhood in which my scars begin to form.

Middle and late childhood was: Inferiority, Negative resolution

Adolescence was: Role confusion, Negative resolution

Young adulthood (now) is: Isolation, Negative resolution

Please help me.

Bardock42
Why do you feel isolated? Have you tried making friends, perhaps through a shared hobby?

Oneness
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why do you feel isolated? Have you tried making friends, perhaps through a shared hobby? I don't have hobbies. At all.

My daily routine is chaotic at best. That is irregular for someone who's on the "autism spectrum", to not have daily routines.

Some nights are insomniacal, some days I fast, some days I play chess, some days I watch TV, I try to maintain a weekly routine of Monday Wednesday Friday at the club fitness working lower, mid, and upper muscle groups. The only thing steady about me right now are my good grades, my steady reduction in weight, and my use of the internet.

I've kept up with friends from high school up until this semester, I've went to parties - mainly had bad experiences related to interaction with drunkards, because I am a rational drunkard myself it is difficult to interact with most drunkards, with exceptions. But I've slipped into my own little world. I'm not unstable, I'm not typically thought of as the isolated type by my peers because I am socially skilled when around them, I understand what is socially expected of me when I'm at work and with peers, I am good at reading people, typically very conscientious about what they might be thinking and am genuinely concerned about my co-workers well-being and about the well-being of my peers, and because of this I am well-suited for difficult social situations and as a mover I understand the importance of keeping a good social status especially in difficult or dangerous situations, but when I'm not around them how can I be social? I'm an extrovert, who likes to be alone.

Oneness
I think that my problem lies where most ASD problems would lie, how, no matter how hard I try, I am socially apathetic - but at the same time I'm not - perhaps because ASD somehow breaks down my ability to identify with one personality or another throughout my stream of continuity. This makes it difficult for me to associate permanent, long-lasting feelings with other personalities that I interact with. My identity, the meaning of concepts, have no permanent position.

Bardock42
It sounds like you yourself are not sure what you want, or perhaps you want contradicting things. In which case I guess it is hard to work on it.

However going after an ordered daily routine can help with people's moods, and perhaps give you perspective on what you truly want to do. Additionally it may be good to keep trying interacting with people in general, if you are of two minds regarding it I would probably try to err on the side of keeping up social connections.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why do you feel isolated? Have you tried making friends, perhaps through a shared hobby?

Masturbation.

Oneness
Inconsistency has become a pattern for me.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
Masturbation.

Mutual masturbation can definitely be a fun shared experience.

Oneness
Inconsistency has become a pattern for me.

As far as pursuing relationships, I have been trying to work on it with this person who just moved out here and is in a new place and what not. I'm not at school but three days a week, and only see this person for about an hour each of those days so I can't imagine I'd make an impact unless I try pursuing it further. I have sat away, or have been asocial sometimes to see if this person noticed. There was acknowledgement, like, "are you hiding from me?" So I try and talk more. I've actually been asked to help this person with homework and frankly I am avoiding involvement with this person, spending more time. I know passing up opportunities for relationships can be a mistake in retrospect. More frequently I'm asked to share in homework assignments with one course we're both taking. But final week is tomorrow, it's over now. I was curious to try it out and all, but too hesitant.

But next semester I might just forget about this person because my family is in a difficult time. I don't generally try to get into a relationship because my situation is unstable.

I'd at least want to be an independent because relationships are, for the males, about providing a sense of stability and general security where it was otherwise not there.

In a way, I'm curious, I can learn some things about me, from relationships. I agree on that.

Wonder Man
Feelings for a guy to show can be intimidating. Get past it by checking out some cool artwork or something like that then enjoy your life.
Hope that helps.

Astner
Young adulthood: Humility and selflessness, positive resolution.

Bardock42
lol, say what you want about Astner, the guy is funny.

Oneness
Originally posted by Astner
Young adulthood: Humility and selflessness, positive resolution. laughing

So you act different irl then?

Wonder Man
irl I am a potato and the responses you see are just probes stuck in me that answer all your deepest dreams. No j/k. Live a little. The biggest thing to be afraid of is you might like it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.