Does the force exist in the entire Universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious

chilled monkey

The Merchant
Yes. Mortis I believe exists in a higher dimensional plane or its own pocket dimension.

Sinious
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Yes, there are answers to those questions.

The Force exists throughout the entire universe. In the case of the Yuuzhan Vong, when they first appeared it was believed that their extra-galactic origins was the reason they could not be felt through the Force.

It was later revealed that that was not the case. In fact the Yuuzhan Vong had originally been connected to the Force same as all other life forms. Their planet, Zonama Sekot (a sapient being), severed their connection to the Force as punishment for their warmongering, genocidal actions.

So yes, the Force exists in the whole universe, not just one galaxy.

Oh that explains a lot.

What Darth Kreia thinks about the force is also very interesting. She hates it and thinks that the force itself is also manipulating every being for its own required balance to exist. She claims that even though the force seems to be above material concerns and individualistic feelings it also has the instinct to survive which makes it selfish and evil.
She wanted the exile to kill the force. I wonder if the exile had the possibility to do that and if Kreia would be happy to see Vitiate consume the entire galaxy?

That leads to another question as well. If Vitiate succeeded with his ritual and even continue expanding it in the entire universe would he be able to kill the force by killing himself? I mean the force itself not the material existence provided by the force.

Originally posted by The Merchant
Yes. Mortis I believe exists in a higher dimensional plane or its own pocket dimension.

Can you elaborate?

The Merchant
I don't think you can actually kill the Force, I interpreted it as Traya making an echo that kills all force sensitives in the galaxy, therefore no longer would any Jedi/Sith or any other organization ever exist because no one can use the Force, thereby in her opinion saving the galaxy from the Force.

Sinious
I don't think you can actually kill the Force, I interpreted it as Traya making an echo that kills all force sensitives in the galaxy, therefore no longer would any Jedi/Sith or any other organization ever exist because no one can use the Force, thereby in her opinion saving the galaxy from the Force.

That sounds more like saving the force from the galaxy. Kreia would seek that if she loved the force so much and try to purify it from its users. She says she actually hates the force and thinks that it is the greatest manipulator. She says it doesn't care how much the living things suffer because of the balance it tries to keep.

The Merchant
Really? It sounds like she loves it? Not really, the Force is supposed to be all living things connected to each other, killing a majority of the users isn't necessarily purifying it.

Nephthys
I think she was actually trying to kill it. Turn the universe into one giant wound, or just wound it enough that the Force can't be sustained.

What would actually happen though is beyond me. It could wipe out all life everywhere.

Sinious
Im not saying what she says sounds like it. I'm saying what you said makes it sound like she loves the force. "therefore no longer would any Jedi/Sith or any other organization ever exist because no one can use the Force"
That sounds like she hates the force users not the force itself but thats not the case.

Also the Exile exists after she reduces herself from the force so maybe it is possible to exist without the force. I'm not sure if Kreia wants to destroy everything that exists or is she trying to keep things alive without the force. Why do you think you cannot kill the force?

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Nephthys
I think she was actually trying to kill it. Turn the universe into one giant wound, or just wound it enough that the Force can't be sustained.

What would actually happen though is beyond me. It could wipe out all life everywhere.

If you think about it, her intentions were actually quite noble.

Allankles

Actually if every life form was killed, you can "kill" the force.

Sinious
Originally posted by Allankles
Actually if every life form was killed, you can "kill" the force.

I don't agree. Force exists in both dimensions I think. It can still exist in nothingness. I think if you want to kill it you would have strip the force from every thing that exists. However I began to think that is impossible because since everything is created by the force and force has a will and keeps the balance in the universe, it programs every character's deeds. The exile didn't do what Kreia wanted her to do because she wasn't spawned from the force that way. Another example is Anakin. He was created as a response from the force with the purpose of killing Sidious because he did very arrogant sorcery with the force with Plagueis. Even though Sidious bended his destiny and made him his apprentice he ended up killing Sidious. I think there can be no existence without the force and the force would not create something that would destroy it. Exile was a hole in the force and Nihilus was a wound so she existed to keep the balance in the force as an opposition to Nihilus and eventually ended up killing Nihilus. Even Kreia's hatred of the force served to keep the balance of the force as she guided the exile to face Nihilus with that motivation.

The thought of the full control the force has over everything makes me feel so unimportant but I think that's how things work in the universe. big grin

Q99
It may be in much of the universe, no-one knows how to tap into it, but it should exist all over even where they don't know it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.