......... Thor Vs Juggernuat .........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..
No B.F.R..

Thor can't use any energy attacks in this fight
Only h2h and hammer or solid street objects are allowed as blunt force trama..

Thor

Vs

Juggernuat

Fight takes place in NYC

ShadowFyre
Nobody would beat Juggs under these stips.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

I can think if plenty of people who would. Without his force field, Juggernaut is incredibly tough but Superman/Hulk/Thor would take him imo for different reasons.

DarkSaint85
Martian Manhunter would kill him.

Supermex

So your saying Juggy can only be beat by energy attacks?

ShadowFyre
No but its pretty much his character that physical attacks dont harm him. He can be beat around yes but he not going to be permanently put down.

Supermex
No but its pretty much his character that physical attacks dont harm him. He can be beat around yes but he not going to be permanently put down.

Not sure if Thor can do it, but he does not havtvto kill juggy to when this fight
But k.o him or stop him somehow to win this fight

ShadowFyre
Yeah if anyone could do it. It would have to be Thor. Those pussies hulk and superman cant though.

KingD19
When's the last time anyone has ko'd Cain?

Even a vastly weakened Cain stayed conscious against King Hyperion.

That same Cain took on Thor and Luke Cage, no ko.

Wasn't ko'd against Hulk or Skaar.

Etc...

ShadowFyre
This isnt cain. This is Juggernuat. Totally different character.

ShadowFyre
Damn mexicans and their crapp ingles

Khazra Reborn
Didn't Thor knock Juggernaut out recently?

KingD19
Cain Marko = Juggernaut

And no, Thor has never knocked out Juggernaut. The one time he "almost" succeeded, he had to take away Juggernaut's forcefield and his durability without it in that issue was sh*t, which is not the case. As in the last few years he hasn't even had his forcefield and has handled all physical damage just as easily as with it.

Hell, Cain doesn't even have his Juggernaut powers right now.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by KingD19
Cain Marko = Juggernaut

And no, Thor has never knocked out Juggernaut. The one time he "almost" succeeded, he had to take away Juggernaut's forcefield and his durability without it in that issue was sh*t, which is not the case. As in the last few years he hasn't even had his forcefield and has handled all physical damage just as easily as with it.

Op says Juggernuat. your thinking Juggernaut.....nevermind

KingD19
Hah. Lol. Just got it.

Khazra Reborn
Does anyone know what these are? Canon?

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/189/g20g.jpg

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/18/ooey.jpg

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/856/o8re.jpg

ShadowFyre
Any time Thor wins it is canon. Every time he loses is a what if comic. Duh.

Khazra Reborn
thumb up

abhilegend
Cain Marko = Juggernaut

That's not true at all. He was as strong and as durable as ever. Thor just took his force-field away. Captain Universe did way worse to juggy, beating him black and blue.

KingD19
Originally posted by abhilegend
That's not true at all. He was as strong and as durable as ever. Thor just took his force-field away. Captain Universe did way worse to juggy, beating him black and blue.

In that issue his durability was clearly tied into his forcefield, when it never was before or after considering he's taken worse punishment from people just as strong with ease without the forcefield.

And Captain Universe didn't beat him up. If you read the issue he shattered his helmet and used a powerful mental attack on him.

Khazra Reborn
That's the first time I've ever seen a mental attack give someone a bloody nose and two black eyes.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
That's the first time I've ever seen a mental attack give someone a bloody nose and two black eyes.

laughing out loud

KingD19

Me too, but it was explictly stated and explained to be a mental attack. CU even said he couldn't take him in a fight, so he had to use his mental powers on him. And when Cain broke free of his containment, he was about to beat CU down until the Uni-Power told him he was unworthy and transferred to Cain.

abhilegend
In that issue his durability was clearly tied into his forcefield, when it never was before or after considering he's taken worse punishment from people just as strong with ease without the forcefield. It wasn't. The force-field made him untouchable, he wasn't even touched by any attack from Thor before he lifted that force-field. He was as strong and as durable as ever. The force field wasn't invented in that issue. Also what worse punishment? Merged hulk brought him to his knees with a punch, Onslaught KTFO him with a punch and what not. This myth that Juggernaut can't be hurt is just that, a myth.

I'm sure this is done by a mental attack.

jaxthejester
Thor loses this.

He needs magic (and more than just Mjolnir's blunt force) to drop Cain.

And folks here are correct... sans Magic, Psionics, or BFR- there are VERY few beings that can even affect Cain.

Physical bounce off of him like water. Energy attacks are no better.
You need retarded power to even dent the guy with raw brute force.
And even then, he heals as fast as a ticked off Hulk.

Juggy FTW 10/10 with these conditions.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Cain Marko = Juggernaut

What are you talking about? The writer made it very clear that he was aware of how powerful Juggernaut was and his durability, force field or no force field:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/JuggernautvsThor6.jpg

DeFalco wrote arguably the most powerful Juggernaut we've ever seen and physically he was as powerful as ever. I have no idea why some people are upset about that showing. Juggernaut has never been completely invulnerable without his force field and as far back as the 60's he was contributing his invulnerability to the force field. If DeFalco didn't write such a physically unstoppable Juggernaut, even the force field wouldn't have garnered the respect it has.

Does anyone know what these are? Canon?

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/189/g20g.jpg

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/18/ooey.jpg

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/856/o8re.jpg

That's from an Avenger's one-shot. I don't think it was released under the Marvel Adventures imprint so technically it should be canon but due to the story within I just considered it not something that's really applicable. But whatever, people post Let the Battle Begin.

KingD19
People have been physically hurt worse than that by psychic attacks before.

And you're using Onslaught? That entire entire didn't even make sense considering Cain wasn't even in possession of the Ruby of Cyttorak when it was ripped from him.

In recent years since he came back, he's fought WWH, Skaar,(without his forcefield against both of them) Thor and Luke Cage at the same time while weakened after his Cap Universe moment, and even King Hyperion while weakened.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Me too, but it was explictly stated and explained to be a mental attack. CU even said he couldn't take him in a fight, so he had to use his mental powers on him. And when Cain broke free of his containment, he was about to beat CU down until the Uni-Power told him he was unworthy and transferred to Cain.

What are you talking about? All Captain Universe did, and this was made very clear, was probe his mind for a weakness after blasting his helmet off. Nowhere was it said that it was purely a mental attack that damaged Cain.

The next time we see him, Juggernaut's beaten into a coma, and is black and blue. Looking at his state, I think it's safe to say Captain Universe went on to pound on him but if you want to assume only the attacks seen on panel count, it's far more likely that the energy blast f*cked him instead of a telepathic probe erm.

abhilegend
People have been physically hurt worse than that by psychic attacks before. Like?

Yes, I am. Plot holes like those always happen in comics.

Hulk affected him with his blows all the same, King Hyperion beat the shit out of him. That wasn't Thor, that was Ragnarok. He was nearly killed by a building exploding FFS and Angel had to save him by transfusing his blood while he was weakened.

jaxthejester
It wasn't. The force-field made him untouchable, he wasn't even touched by any attack from Thor before he lifted that force-field. He was as strong and as durable as ever. The force field wasn't invented in that issue. Also what worse punishment? Merged hulk brought him to his knees with a punch, Onslaught KTFO him with a punch and what not. This myth that Juggernaut can't be hurt is just that, a myth.

I'm sure this is done by a mental attack.

Good points Super Guy.

In truth- Cain's FF has all but been retconned out of existence at this point.
I don't think he's even manifested in over a decade.

The issue where Thor dropped his FF was bunk for all sides.
The writer assumed that Cain's durability was tied to his FF. It's not.
And the writer assumed that turning off said FF was "removing all magic" from Cain. It is not.
Removing all magic from Cain would make him human.
Stunting his connection to Cyttorak would make him "Huggernaut."
(Due to residual magic infused into his being from decades of being a magic conduit for the Demon God.)

...come to think of it; that is about the best explanation for that horrid comic fight with Thor:

The spell that Thor cast by using Mjolnir to "dispel" Cain's FF and "turn off all magic" actually simply blocked Cain's direct access to Cyttorak for a short while.
Which, as we know, powers Cain down to "Huggernaut" form (which is still very high Class 100).

Thor could beat the crap out of Huggernaut with his fists, and Huggernaut would likely put up a showing quite similar to what we saw.

Then, after Thor's hammer returned, Cyttorak's connection was restored along with Cain's true durability level.

Now THAT makes sense.
And a helluva lot more of it than the writer of Thor and Jugg's two issue "Force Field Battle" ever did.
Good grief. What a fail of battle.

Anywho-

Juggernaut is "virtually" invulnerable. 99% of what's out there in the Universe cannot harm him.

But he is not "100%" invulnerable. Sufficient force "can" stun or harm him. But it takes an idiotic amount of it to do so.
For all intents and purposes- you need to be packing magic or find some way to get to Cain's brain FTW.

Punches and Blasts (even at Herald Class) will typically earn you little more than a smirk from Juggs.

KingD19
That wasn't Thor, that was Ragnarok.

No, he fought Ragnarok later on with Hyde after he temporarily got his powers back.

He fought Thor and Luke Cage in an alternate dimension Swamp Thing teleported them to when he was tired of his treatment as a Thunderbolt.

jaxthejester
Like?

Yes, I am. Plot holes like those always happen in comics.

Hulk affected him with his blows all the same, King Hyperion beat the shit out of him. That wasn't Thor, that was Ragnarok. He was nearly killed by a building exploding FFS and Angel had to save him by transfusing his blood while he was weakened.

But quick corrections bud-

Hulk does not affect him all of the time. It takes a lot of power amping.
There have been three battles where Hulk has harmed Cain to a degree.
And Hulk was heavily amped in each one.

King Hyperion fought a weakened Juggernaut in that Thunderbolts fight.
Juggernaut was (as noted by Luke Cage) "taken down a peg on the power scale" after making nice with the locals post-Captain Universe.
Cain repaired the city. Cyttorak did not like his "Avatar of Destruction" acting like Captain Planet.
So he gave him the "Huggernaut" treatment again.
Which is why Thor-Class lighting could harm him, and Superman (KH) Class Strikes could harm him.

When Cain ticks off his Sugar Daddy, the result is often a temporary depowering.

abhilegend
Originally posted by jaxthejester
Good points Super Guy.

And the writer assumed that turning off said FF was "removing all magic" from Cain. It is not.
(Due to residual magic infused into his being from decades of being a magic conduit for the Demon God.)

...come to think of it; that is about the best explanation for that horrid comic fight with Thor:

The spell that Thor cast by using Mjolnir to "dispel" Cain's FF and "turn off all magic" actually simply blocked Cain's direct access to Cyttorak for a short while.
Which, as we know, powers Cain down to "Huggernaut" form (which is still very high Class 100).

Thor could beat the crap out of Huggernaut with his fists, and Huggernaut would likely put up a showing quite similar to what we saw.

Then, after Thor's hammer returned, Cyttorak's connection was restored along with Cain's true durability level.

Now THAT makes sense.
And a helluva lot more of it than the writer of Thor and Jugg's two issue "Force Field Battle" ever did.

Anywho-

Juggernaut is "virtually" invulnerable. 99% of what's out there in the Universe cannot harm him.

But he is not "100%" invulnerable. Sufficient force "can" stun or harm him. But it takes an idiotic amount of it to do so.
For all intents and purposes- you need to be packing magic or find some way to get to Cain's brain FTW.

Punches and Blasts (even at Herald Class) will typically earn you little more than a smirk from Juggs.
Except Juggernaut was as strong as ever.

http://i.imgur.com/snWuxS6.jpg

So it wasn't huggernaut. You could make excuses all you want but the reality is that Thor nearly KTFO him under one minute.

abhilegend
No, he fought Ragnarok later on with Hyde after he temporarily got his powers back.

He fought Thor and Luke Cage in an alternate dimension Swamp Thing teleported them to when he was tired of his treatment as a Thunderbolt.
Alternate swamp thing? Post the scans, I don't remember that showing.Originally posted by jaxthejester
But quick corrections bud-

Hulk does not affect him all of the time. It takes a lot of power amping.
There have been three battles where Hulk has harmed Cain to a degree.
And Hulk was heavily amped in each one.

King Hyperion fought a weakened Juggernaut in that Thunderbolts fight.
Juggernaut was (as noted by Luke Cage) "taken down a peg on the power scale" after making nice with the locals post-Captain Universe.
Cain repaired the city. Cyttorak did not like his "Avatar of Destruction" acting like Captain Planet.
So he gave him the "Huggernaut" treatment again.
Which is why Thor-Class lighting could harm him, and Superman (KH) Class Strikes could harm him.

When Cain ticks off his Sugar Daddy, the result is often a temporary depowering.
Merged hulk wasn't amped at all.

I know he wasn't at full power against KH, it was again an oneside beatdown. LOL @ KH being superman class though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Good points Super Guy.

Now THAT makes sense.

Anywho-

Just so you know, DeFalco himself has pointed out that Thor simply removed the force field.

And no, he didn't tie Juggernaut's durability to the force field. Cain went on to point out that he was resistant to all forms of pain and injury. He however did tie his invulnerability to the force field. Which is NOT a contradiction and very much in-line with continuity based on the comics that come before and after. And I mean like in the 60's:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14wytdl&s=6#.UqVQU-IVBfs
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35c4m5f&s=6#.UqVQZ-IVBfs

As a matter of fact, denouncing DeFalco when we have FAR worse showings for Cain (Vs. Nightcrawler, Captain Universe, Storm/Spider-Woman, Nimrod, large fan, Feral, Shatterstar, Onslaught, Deadpool, Vision etc.) is silly imo. How about we do a tally of all the times he's been portrayed as invulnerable without his force field and all the times he's been hurt without it?

Even that Oblivion scene was later expanded on and was made it clear it was no real feat and he was simply banished and died:
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/Sise-Neg/1918857-x_men_legacy_219__zone_megan__pg11_super.jpg

KingD19
I don't have access to the scans as it was a while ago and I dumped a lot of my comic archive. But read the Thunderbolts run before the current one and it's there.

Damborgson
Damn mexicans and their crapp ingles

http://i.imgur.com/Yv9NV.gif

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/Thunderbolts/t-bolts_150_0021.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/Thunderbolts/t-bolts_150_0022.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/Thunderbolts/t-bolts_150_0023.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/Thunderbolts/t-bolts_150_0024.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/Thunderbolts/t-bolts_150_0029.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/Thunderbolts/t-bolts_150_0030.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/Thunderbolts/t-bolts_150_0031.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Absorbing%20Man/Battle/Thunderbolts/t-bolts_150_0032.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/Thunderbolts2/Thunderbolts153014.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/Thunderbolts2/Thunderbolts153015.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/Thunderbolts2/Thunderbolts153016.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/Thunderbolts2/Thunderbolts153018.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/Thunderbolts2/Thunderbolts153019.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/Thunderbolts2/Thunderbolts153020.jpg

This version of Juggernaut wasn't as strong as the full powered Classic. Better then Huggernaut imo but he still suffered some meh showings but that's mostly because of being on a team. Happens to everyone.

Knowsbleed33
These stips are laughable. Juggernaut rips Thor's head off.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
These stips are laughable. Juggernaut rips Thor's head off.

Except Thor is easily as strong as Juggernaut and would have a very large advantage with him having Mjolnir and Juggernaut having no force field.

Knowsbleed33
The forcefield is nothing. When was the last time you've seen him use it?

Last time they met Juggernaut was running on fewer cylinders and Thor still couldn't drop him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The forcefield is nothing. When was the last time you've seen him use it?

Last time they met Juggernaut was running on fewer cylinders and Thor still couldn't drop him.

Without the force field, Thor would either have the edge or beat the crap out of him depending on which showings you want to use or how far he's pushed.

Couldn't drop him? He struck him twice. Good endurance showing for Cain, but it hardly means that Thor can't put him down. If Thor pummels away at him, we know how this goes.

Knowsbleed33
Giving you the benefit of the doubt with the forcefield, what difference does it make? Thor had a minute to put Juggernaut down without the forcefield and he couldn't do it. Last time they met Juggernaut had no forcefield and was at severely reduced power and it took Thor, Cage and eventually Iron Man to finally put him away.

Damborgson
is he talking about Thunderbolts juggernaut? Thor broke his helmet with two shots, made him scream with lightning then shrugged off his punch. Thor was going to beat the living crap out of him if that fight went on.

abhilegend
Yeah, I don't know how anybody thinks Juggy wins this. Also who think Thor needed help against Huggernaut?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Giving you the benefit of the doubt with the forcefield, what difference does it make? Thor had a minute to put Juggernaut down without the forcefield and he couldn't do it. Last time they met Juggernaut had no forcefield and was at severely reduced power and it took Thor, Cage and eventually Iron Man to finally put him away.

ONE minute, WITHOUT his hammer and Juggernaut was moments away from defeat. Is their some kind of time limit to his fight? If not, how do can you possibly think that Thor being one punch away from defeating Cain after a brief 60 second fight means anything other then Thor beats him up in a vs. fight?

erm That's definitely one way to look at the fight. Although I think it was pretty clear that Thor was noticeably above Thunderbolts Juggernaut.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Just so you know, DeFalco himself has pointed out that Thor simply removed the force field.

And no, he didn't tie Juggernaut's durability to the force field. Cain went on to point out that he was resistant to all forms of pain and injury. He however did tie his invulnerability to the force field. Which is NOT a contradiction and very much in-line with continuity based on the comics that come before and after. And I mean like in the 60's:

As a matter of fact, denouncing DeFalco when we have FAR worse showings for Cain (Vs. Nightcrawler, Captain Universe, Storm/Spider-Woman, Nimrod, large fan, Feral, Shatterstar, Onslaught, Deadpool, Vision etc.) is silly imo. How about we do a tally of all the times he's been portrayed as invulnerable without his force field and all the times he's been hurt without it?

Even that Oblivion scene was later expanded on and was made it clear it was no real feat and he was simply banished and died:
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/Sise-Neg/1918857-x_men_legacy_219__zone_megan__pg11_super.jpg

Greeting Rage. Always a pleasure.

I disagree though on your stance regarding DeFalco's writing in that issue.
This is not a knock on all his work. Just that battle sequence.

The rest I'll hit in bits if you don't mind. smokin'

"Just so you know, DeFalco himself has pointed out that Thor simply removed the force field."

I understand what he claims to have done. I disagree with how it was portrayed on panel.
There is a conflict between his words and how Cain's modern power-set works.

"And no, he didn't tie Juggernaut's durability to the force field. Cain went on to point out that he was resistant to all forms of pain and injury. He however did tie his invulnerability to the force field."

I don't see the difference. Invulnerability is simply the state of having absolute durability. I used the terms interchangeably.
And Cain's FF was absolutely tied to his durability in that particular issue; which is off base.
When the Force Field was stripped, Thor's punches "hurt" Cain.
They made him scream out in pain.
Thus he was obviously not resistant to all forms of pain or injury at that time.
If he was- Thor's punches would not have caused him pain or injured him.

"Which is NOT a contradiction and very much in-line with continuity based on the comics that come before and after."

Comics before and after?

Before- Agreed. But only in VERY early showings.
After- I don't believe so. Cain's Power-Set has been solid for decades now. It just took a few years to flesh it out.
In point of fact...
Juggernaut's character concept evolved greatly over the first few years.
In his first battle with fuzzy Beast; his power was tied to his helmet.
In his early X-Men days; he was an arcane spell caster.
But that was a very long time ago.
And this is not what "modern" Juggernaut is (modern including the timeframe of the above mentioned battle with Thor- and pretty much everything over the past 30 years).

Everything 1980's + has been very stable.
And honestly- If you back far enough in anyone's history you will find oddities.
Heck; Iron Man was able to knock out Silver Surfer with a charge attack in the 70's. Things change. Cain sure as heck did.

DeFalco wrote "modern" (post 70's) Juggernaut. And he wrote him wrong.
Modern Juggernaut's invulnerability is an enchantment built into his skin.
Not his Force Field.
All the FF did for him was keep objects from touching him. It did not alter his invulnerability to damage.

Juggs is also vulnerable to powerful magic. That Godblast should have knocked a bloody hole through his chest. FF or no. That is divine magic of insane proportions.
(And I get that Thor wasn't 100%... still, a Godblast is a Godblast.)

On a side note:
This is likely why Marvel hasn't displayed the FF in over a decade.
Because it became an unnecessary duplication of power-set: an invulnerable being does not need a FF. It is redundant.
Thus Marvel has taken Cain's FF away.

"And I mean like in the 60's:"

Like I said- character evolution.

Cain dropped that mantle long ago. His Respect Thread on this very Forum shows as much.
Even without his FF; Cain casually walks through titanic amounts of physical damage with no effect.

As for dying in space after an "eternity"- I don't see how this is contrary to his Invulnerability being "skin deep."
Time was his enemy- not punches.
Even Cyttorak itself is not immune to eventual entropy.

"As a matter of fact, denouncing DeFalco"

Not DeFalco as a whole. Only his work on that battle...

"when we have FAR worse showings for Cain"

Most have Plot Bomb reasons to explain them.
I'll need to hit on each incident to show where and why.

"(Vs. Nightcrawler, Captain Universe, Storm/Spider-Woman, Nimrod, large fan, Feral, Shatterstar, Onslaught, Deadpool, Vision etc.) is silly imo."

Kk... let's see here...

Nightcrawler- Not sure what you are referring too. Issue #?
Captain Universe- Blew his helmet off and Psi-Blasted the hell out of him.
Storm/Spider-Woman- Is likely PIS. I need the issue # to see if Cain was weakened. I don't like to cry PIS often; but the fact is that Cain has tanked FAR worse than "Storm Class" of damage with his FF down. This event sounds like a fringe showing. Low Ball all the way. Perhaps even non-canon. Need issue #...
Nimrod- Did not physically harm Cain. He targeted his brain with Sonics and mimicked the same effect as a Psionic Attack (neural overload). The attack bypassed his body and went for the brain. Cain's brain has always been his Achilles heel. It's his Kryptonite.
Feral- Much like Nightcrawler- not sure what you are referring too...
Shatterstar- Used a magic weapon. His blades are enchanted to slice through magic barriers. They are practically custom made to carve out Cain's eye.
Onslaught- Was a reality manipulator (and a supreme psionic). His power level was high enough to be able to strip away Cain's Enchantments. And once you do that- you get "Huggernaut."

"How about we do a tally of all the times he's been portrayed as invulnerable without his force field and all the times he's been hurt without it?"

Please do. I can always use more material for my Hulk/Juggy debates.

But to be honest- the tally would be rather short; and most of the showings would have a specific reason for Cain's Invulnerability (or durability if preferred) to be lessened in said showing.

But yes; by all means list a tally. I would love to discuss them with you.

jaxthejester
Yeah, I don't know how anybody thinks Juggy wins this. Also who think Thor needed help against Huggernaut?

He doesn't need help against Huggernaut.

Thor can (and did) own Huggernaut for the most part.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Damborgson
is he talking about Thunderbolts juggernaut? Thor broke his helmet with two shots, made him scream with lightning then shrugged off his punch. Thor was going to beat the living crap out of him if that fight went on.

Cain was power reduced during the Thunderbolts run.

Cyttorak punished him and gave him the Huggernaut treatment.

It was not full-powered Juggernaut in that run.

jaxthejester

Holy crap!

KB!!! eek!

...don't suppose Vendel or Bon are around?

jaxthejester

Oh, and to answer the Q-

1. Because Thor has never shown that he packs the power to even damage a Full Powered Juggernaut with Mjolnir strikes alone.

2. I'm assuming "no energy" includes no magical energy? If so, then Thor cannot power-down Cain to Huggernaut levels again.

3. Mjolnir has not shown the magical properties needed to bypass Cyttorak's Durability Enchantment without using magical energy manipulation first.

These stips make Thor an easy target for Cain.

Odekahn

Tell that to Sue Storm! Lol

Odekahn
Thor loses this.

He needs magic (and more than just Mjolnir's blunt force) to drop Cain.

And folks here are correct... sans Magic, Psionics, or BFR- there are VERY few beings that can even affect Cain.

Physical bounce off of him like water. Energy attacks are no better.
You need retarded power to even dent the guy with raw brute force.
And even then, he heals as fast as a ticked off Hulk.

Juggy FTW 10/10 with these conditions.

Agreed.

abhilegend
Oh, and to answer the Q-

1. Because Thor has never shown that he packs the power to even damage a Full Powered Juggernaut with Mjolnir strikes alone.

2. I'm assuming "no energy" includes no magical energy? If so, then Thor cannot power-down Cain to Huggernaut levels again.

3. Mjolnir has not shown the magical properties needed to bypass Cyttorak's Durability Enchantment without using magical energy manipulation first.

These stips make Thor an easy target for Cain.
Except when Thor nearly KTFO him while Juggy was as strong as ever. Your theories are amusing. Point me to the scan which says Cain was weakened when Thor removed his force field. As it is your random theories are worthless. Thor didn't weaken him to huggernaut level.

Odekahn
Except when Thor nearly KTFO him while Juggy was as strong as ever. Your theories are amusing. Point me to the scan which says Cain was weakened when Thor removed his force field. As it is your random theories are worthless. Thor didn't weaken him to huggernaut level.

Just because Juggernaut said he was as strong as ever doesn't make it so. He obviously didn't know what was going on. Thor had to explain it to him, he even said "I don't get the point."

abhilegend
Originally posted by Odekahn
Just because Juggernaut said he was as strong as ever doesn't make it so. He obviously didn't know what was going on. Thor had to explain it to him, he even said "I don't get the point."
He said that after Thor explained what happened.

JakeTheBank
Juggs' force field being dropped =/= his strength being reduced.

Odekahn
He said that after Thor explained what happened.

Proving that he didn't understand what was happening, so it would make sense for him to believe he was still as strong as ever. It makes sense.

Odekahn
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Juggs' force field being dropped =/= his strength being reduced.

It said he negated all mystical energy.

JakeTheBank
It said he negated all mystical energy.

Which is obviously not true.

If he completely negated all mystical energy, he would have knocked out, if not outright killed, Cain.

Odekahn

If he completely negated all mystical energy, he would have knocked out, if not outright killed, Cain.

So Thor's statement wasn't true, but Cain's "stronger than ever" comment was?

JakeTheBank
So his statement wasn't true, but Cain's "stronger than ever" comment was?

We know Thor dropped Cain's force field, which was his intent via statement and artistic depiction. It was clear that that was the mystical energy being negated, and that Cain was still very much superhuman (otherwise Thor would have ended him then and there).

It's a bit of an assumption to assume that Thor dropped his physical strength in addition when there's nothing to suggest that got lowered either.

abhilegend
Proving that he didn't understand what was happening, so it would make sense for him to believe he was still as strong as ever. It makes sense.
No, it was just his force-field which was negated.

Odekahn
We know Thor dropped Cain's force field, which was his intent via statement and artistic depiction. It was clear that that was the mystical energy being negated, and that Cain was still very much superhuman (otherwise Thor would have ended him then and there).

It's a bit of an assumption to assume that Thor dropped his physical strength in addition when there's nothing to suggest that got lowered either.

The fight itself suggests it imo. And "huggernaut" is still superhuman.

Odekahn

But that's not what it it says.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/98D2FB8D-2B03-4C80-89E9-4A92BAA27A93.png

jaxthejester

Exactly. cool

jaxthejester

On panel, it stated all magic was negated. Not just a Force Field.

Claiming it was only the force field IS interpretation.
It is YOUR interpretation. And it is contrary to what is printed.
Which is the exact thing you just flung shit at me over.

Reduce your hypocrisy.

It lessens you.

jaxthejester
But that's not what it it says.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/98D2FB8D-2B03-4C80-89E9-4A92BAA27A93.png

You sir, have a logical and functioning brain.

I compliment you for it.

And for taking the time to do his homework for him.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus

DarkSaint85
Theres also Hyperion humiliating him, or was he depowered for that?

abhilegend
On panel, it stated all magic was negated. Not just a Force Field.

Claiming it was only the force field IS interpretation.
It is YOUR interpretation. And it is contrary to what is printed.
Which is the exact thing you just flung shit at me over.

Reduce your hypocrisy.

It lessens you.
And then Thor explained what happened.

You need to talk less.

jaxthejester
Here's the bottom line folks...

A). Cain's power-set IS magical energy. Nothing else. He is not a mutant. He is not a meta-human. He is not a cyborg. He's magic personified into physical form.

B). When you turn off ALL magic, you turn off Juggernaut. All that is left is a human. Period.

You cannot, by virtue of even the simplest of logical deductions, take away ALL magic and yet STILL have a "Mega Strong" foe that runs solely upon the very magic that you just removed.

C). Thus the writers screwed the pooch. Also known as PIS.
Which is why you have these "theories and interpretations."
Because the writing, which makes no sense on its own, requires them.

So what "did" happen on-panel?
Thor flung his hammer and took away ALL magic.
Then, a magical powered entity attacked Thor with incredible strength despite losing its only power source to fuel said strength.

This is not logical.

Thus we make theories.
We apply factual data to fill in the blanks and retcon the error.

Factual Data for Juggernaut:

1. His durability has been the same with and without his FF for decades.
2. When you take away his link to Cyttorak, he becomes a lesser powered version of himself (known to the fans as Huggernaut).
3. This occurs because the residual magic that has saturated Cain's cells for all of these decades leaves him with a bit of a "magic battery charge" even if you kill his power plug.
4. The resulting "Huggernaut" CAN be harmed, yet retains incredible strength.

Sound familiar? Guess what happens next:

So the writer screws up. Mixes up FF and Durability on a character's power-set.
And writes a battle that is contrary to how a character is designed.

The audience sees the screw up.
And either dismisses it as PIS. Or else tries to explain it.

A way to explain it, that fits with character design and with the last three decades of power-set continuity, is simply that the following actually occurred:

A). Thor turned off all of Cain's ties to Cyttorak. Thus blocking "ALL" magic from him.
B). The result is Cain powering down Huggernaut form.
C). Cain, having never been reduced in this manner and still having obvious mega-strength, laughs at the attempt and dives at Thor in bravado.
D). Thor, who didn't get the full expected result but still has a "now damageable foe", proceeds to slap the crap out of Cain for a minute.
E). But Cain, still being a high end Class 100 - even in Huggernaut form- manages to cling to conscience long enough last out the severance.
F). Thor's hammer returns. The severance end. Cyttorak's power supply returns. Juggs powers back up.

Now... which sounds more logical to you?

1. A magical being had all of its magic removed, yet still had magic strength?

2. A Thor writer simply screwed up a bit on the Power-Set of an X-Men rogue?

Ah... good ole' Occam's razor.

It provides a nice, clean shave. smokin'

jaxthejester
And then Thor explained what happened.

You need to talk less.

And then Thor back peddles.

You need to listen more.

jaxthejester

Exactly.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Theres also Hyperion humiliating him, or was he depowered for that?

De-powered.

Luke Cage called him out on being depowered.

It turned out that Cyttorak didn't like Cain fixing the planet after the Captain Universe battle.

Odekahn
Here's the bottom line folks...

A). Cain's power-set IS magical energy. Nothing else. He is not a mutant. He is not a meta-human. He is not a cyborg. He's magic personified into physical form.

B). When you turn off ALL magic, you turn off Juggernaut. All that is left is a human. Period.

You cannot, by virtue of even the simplest of logical deductions, take away ALL magic and yet STILL have a "Mega Strong" foe that runs solely upon the very magic that you just removed.

C). Thus the writers screwed the pooch. Also known as PIS.
Which is why you have these "theories and interpretations."
Because the writing, which makes no sense on its own, requires them.

So what "did" happen on-panel?
Thor flung his hammer and took away ALL magic.
Then, a magical powered entity attacked Thor with incredible strength despite losing its only power source to fuel said strength.

This is not logical.

Thus we make theories.
We apply factual data to fill in the blanks and retcon the error.

Factual Data for Juggernaut:

1. His durability has been the same with and without his FF for decades.
2. When you take away his link to Cyttorak, he becomes a lesser powered version of himself (known to the fans as Huggernaut).
3. This occurs because the residual magic that has saturated Cain's cells for all of these decades leaves him with a bit of a "magic battery charge" even if you kill his power plug.
4. The resulting "Huggernaut" CAN be harmed, yet retains incredible strength.

Sound familiar? Guess what happens next:

So the writer screws up. Mixes up FF and Durability on a character's power-set.
And writes a battle that is contrary to how a character is designed.

The audience sees the screw up.
And either dismisses it as PIS. Or else tries to explain it.

A way to explain it, that fits with character design and with the last three decades of power-set continuity, is simply that the following actually occurred:

A). Thor turned off all of Cain's ties to Cyttorak. Thus blocking "ALL" magic from him.
B). The result is Cain powering down Huggernaut form.
C). Cain, having never been reduced in this manner and still having obvious mega-strength, laughs at the attempt and dives at Thor in bravado.
D). Thor, who didn't get the full expected result but still has a "now damageable foe", proceeds to slap the crap out of Cain for a minute.
E). But Cain, still being a high end Class 100 - even in Huggernaut form- manages to cling to conscience long enough last out the severance.
F). Thor's hammer returns. The severance end. Cyttorak's power supply returns. Juggs powers back up.

Now... which sounds more logical to you?

1. A magical being had all of its magic removed, yet still had magic strength?

2. A Thor writer simply screwed up a bit on the Power-Set of an X-Men rogue?

Ah... good ole' Occam's razor.

It provides a nice, clean shave. smokin'

Very nice breakdown. I'm a fan of your style. thumb up

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Damborgson

Point being he was depowered in that series and Thor still couldn't drop him. I seem to recall Cain even saying he wouldn't fall when Iron Man started hitting him with that sonic attack.

If this is Juggernaut at any where near classic levels, Thor won't win with these stips.

jaxthejester

abhilegend
And then Thor back peddles.

You need to listen more.
What back-peddling?

Only if you talk less than your random theories at the moment you're pulling up.

deathlife
Thor stripped Juggs of his force field and pimp slapped him.

The comic is very explicit in that regard.

Everything else is just speculation.

EDIT: Oh and under these stips, Thor beats him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nice debating, Rage. You haven't lost your touch. ; )

It's 1am here and sleep calls. I'll try to hit this tomorrow.

As it stands; I can see our variance of opinion is based on Cain's power-set at its core, and not really this fight with Thor at all.

Which simplifies things quite a bit. I'll dig up a few scans of my own.

This should be fun.

Chat atcha tomorrow. cool

Thanks, same to you.

Yeah, it's like 4am here but I can't sleep anyways (Finals in the coming weeks) because I'm studying.

Perhaps. I just don't consider Juggernaut without his force field to be anywhere near as durable with his force field.

Okay, no problem. Don't make it too long. Any longer then two post limits and I have to start snipping bits just for the sake of time.

For those who are curious, these scans:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/ThorJuggernaut1.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/ThorJuggernaut2.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/ThorJuggernaut3.jpg

Come from New Avengers #9. Finally managed to track them down. Decide on your own if they're canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.