How many of you would go see a Batman/Sherlock Holmes movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
I was thinking about this watching Sherlock Holmes a game of shadows and Dark Knight Rises the other days. If lets say Batman travels back in time to work with Holmes or vice verse. Christian Bale & Robert Downey JR in either a team up or a face off which turns into a friendship and a team up. This is not a spoiler alert just a thought.

steverules_2
Batman always travels in time so he'd be going back probably

But yeah I'd see it, Sherlock owns batman in fighting though and detective work...he don't need no gadgets big grin

Firefly218
Batmans the muscle
Sherlock is the brain

Patient_Leech
Dumb idea. Batman and Superman is dumb enough.

marwash22
no.

Doctor Who/Sherlock Holmes on the other hand...

Lestov16
Such a film would suck ass. Batman is already supposed to do everything Sherlock does (world's greatest detective), and have gadgets that do anything he can't. If Holmes outshines him, it will just make Batman and his tech look incompetent and inferior to other versions.

Arachnid1
Sherlock would outdo him at every turn in terms of detective work. Still, it would be fun. I'd see it.

http://www.aarcentral.com/files/batman-sherlock.jpg

golem370
Movie Batman isn't Comic Book Batman not as smart and not as good of a fighter Sherlock seems to be a major genius in the movies and a very good fighter plus a master of disguise. I think pitting their intelligence against each other or together I think would be great. Sherlock would drive Batman crazy with his silliness.

Lestov16
But Bale Batman really isn't intelligent. The highlight of the Nolan films is the character development and philosophy, not Bat's skills. It was already embarrassing enough when Catwoman had to save him from Bane. If he got schooled by a street detective over a century older than him, it would crush any dignity Bats had.

golem370
Well like I said this isn't comic book Batman but he is not an idiot I didn't think he would be as smart as Holmes but I thought watching then working together would be fun.

Lestov16
If it were say, DCAU Batman, I'd be interested, as Holmes and Wayne would be able to challenge each other, but Baleman would look like a elementary school kid against Sherlock Holmes. It would just be embarrassing.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Lestov16
But Bale Batman really isn't intelligent.

Why consider Bale?
He's already out of the picture.

golem370
Well to help Batman maybe it would be better for Holmes to come to the future.

Firefly218
It would have been cool to see how heath ledgers joker deals with Sherlock Holmes

Valen007
The characters are very different , it would not be a sound idea to mix Sherlock and Batman. They belong to different worlds.

jinXed by JaNx
But Bale Batman really isn't intelligent. The highlight of the Nolan films is the character development and philosophy, not Bat's skills. It was already embarrassing enough when Catwoman had to save him from Bane. If he got schooled by a street detective over a century older than him, it would crush any dignity Bats had.

Not intelligent? what movie's were you watching? confused

This just wouldn't work. Much like Superman fighting Batman, it's a bad idea. For one to win the other has to be taken to much out of their environment. If both fighters were boxing, bare knuckles, Sherlock may win. If both have equal amount of prep time and access to their full resources...,Sherlock doesn't even get a chance to get out of bed.

Stealth Moose

Batman got out of a well in Turkey with no money, resources, or even a Tracfone, and somehow made it into military quarantine Gotham City, painted a bat on a suspension bridge in flammable fluid, and then lit it while putting into motion a plan to take out Bane.

Granted, he didn't uncover a mystery by having one five minute conversation with the crook like Holmes, but he's still a friggin' genius.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.