The Darkness vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
The darkness at the height of his powers, blood lusted.

Vs.

Silver Surfer (current)

Iskandar
Silver Surfer?

carver9
Darkness at the height of his power? Silver Surfer gets his wig split.

Iskandar
Wait, are we talking Jackie Estacado here or some other incarnation of the Darkness?

Estacado
Jackie loses.

abhilegend
Fun fact, darkness can rob surfer his power by cutting him to starlight which fuels his powers.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_SilverSurferv3027-12.jpg

Iskandar
I'm sorry but is that "pulling the starlight from my limes" or "limbs?" Does the Surfer carry limes around with him if the former is true?

Okay more seriously, who is that doing the black bubble thing? He looks like an Elder of the Universe but I'm not sure. Also, going from the dialogue it's absorbing the starlight and the power cosmic. It seems to be more along the lines of a power absorbing technique.

Anyway, how is Jackie winning this if this is Jackie? He does not go around blowing planets or doing the maximum hype stuff last I recall. Nor is he all the exceptionally fast unless you take that one fight with Superman seriously.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Iskandar
I'm sorry but is that "pulling the starlight from my limes" or "limbs?" Does the Surfer carry limes around with him if the former is true?

Okay more seriously, who is that doing the black bubble thing? He looks like an Elder of the Universe but I'm not sure. Also, going from the dialogue it's absorbing the starlight and the power cosmic. It seems to be more along the lines of a power absorbing technique.

Anyway, how is Jackie winning this if this is Jackie? He does not go around blowing planets or doing the maximum hype stuff last I recall. Nor is he all the exceptionally fast unless you take that one fight with Superman seriously.
Limbs. Starlight fuels surfer's power which he collects through power cosmic. You cut him from starlight and he's powerless.

That's Stranger and just because he's someone who is more powerful he is better than Jackie in darkness manipulation. Shadowwoman has done that too to surfer.

Iskandar
Originally posted by abhilegend
Limbs. Starlight fuels surfer's power which he collects through power cosmic.
You cut him from starlight and he's powerless.

Okay, did not know that.

Alright, I still don't see how that might help Jackie. There's still a huge discrepancy in speed, durability, and firepower.

abhilegend
Okay, did not know that.

Alright, I still don't see how that might help Jackie. There's still a huge discrepancy in speed, durability, and firepower.
I didn't say who wins though, did I? I was just discussing a random scenario where Jackie *might* stand a chance.

Iskandar
I didn't say who wins though, did I? I was just discussing a random scenario where Jackie *might* stand a chance.

In what scenario? Yeah, with his powers gone because Jackie managed to sneak him into a bubble of darkness (I assume while the Surfer was distracted by a lemonade stand or something) sure.

abhilegend
In what scenario? Yeah, with his powers gone because Jackie managed to sneak him into a bubble of darkness (I assume while the Surfer was distracted by a lemonade stand or something) sure.
Or he could tank some attacks from Surfer and envelope him into darkness. He's not a street leveler, y'know.

snowdragon
The day darkness beats SS he wtf owns Superman.

Iskandar
Or he could tank some attacks from Surfer and envelope him into darkness. He's not a street leveler, y'know.

I know that but neither is Jackie the sort to survive the equivalent of a nuke to the face without a scratch. It would definitely kill him.

Of course that won't keep him down but with the difference in speed and firepower he is not very likely to get a chance to do anything to the Surfer unless the Surfer lets him. Unlike Jackie, the Silver Surfer can also just trap him somewhere where he can't escape. I don't know like the sun? Jackie can come back from the dead all he likes but if there's no shadows there's no way out of there.

Tar-Antado
Fun fact, darkness can rob surfer his power by cutting him to starlight which fuels his powers.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_SilverSurferv3027-12.jpg

So, from your scan it looks like the Stranger was actually pulling the power cosmic from the Surfer and not just cutting it off. If the Darkness cannot do that, he loses.

abhilegend
Originally posted by snowdragon
The day darkness beats SS he wtf owns Superman.
Hey, darkness can cut off superman from solar energy too. Its just the power set which is the problem here.Originally posted by Iskandar
I know that but neither is Jackie the sort to survive the equivalent of a nuke to the face without a scratch. It would definitely kill him.

Of course that won't keep him down but with the difference in speed and firepower he is not very likely to get a chance to do anything to the Surfer unless the Surfer lets him. Unlike Jackie, the Silver Surfer can also just trap him somewhere where he can't escape. I don't know like the sun? Jackie can come back from the dead all he likes but if there's no shadows there's no way out of there.
Except surfer doesn't fights like that. Surfer can and would win this fight, but I will not be surprised if Jackie sneaks a win here.Originally posted by Tar-Antado
So, from your scan it looks like the Stranger was actually pulling the power cosmic from the Surfer and not just cutting it off. If the Darkness cannot do that, he loses.
He just enveloped surfer into a ball of darkness. The darkness then pulled the starlight from surfer. Don't know why Jackie couldn't do the same.

Board Walker
bump

psycho gundam
Limbs. Starlight fuels surfer's power which he collects through power cosmic. You cut him from starlight and he's powerless.
Nah, He "pulled" the starlight from his limbs not just cutting him off. big difference and won't stop the inevitable oneshot loss for darkness Originally posted by abhilegend
Or he could tank some attacks from Surfer and envelope him into darkness. He's not a street leveler, y'know. 2 wrongs don't make a right

Delta1938
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Nah, He "pulled" the starlight from his limbs not just cutting him off. big difference and won't stop the inevitable oneshot loss for darkness 2 wrongs don't make a right

Surfer has been cut-off, not just the Power Cosmic/starlight drawn from him, but simply cut-off, from starlight and only seemed to have base stats. And got beat-up by robots. Also, quoting you this time has nothing to do with annoying Kitty-Kat.

psycho gundam
That's fine and dandy but you have yet to prove that darkness can do that, let alone replicate what a guy a notch or two under abstract did

Like...that's Carver level arguments

Delta1938
Originally posted by psycho gundam
That's fine and dandy but you have yet to prove that darkness can do that, let alone replicate what a guy a notch or two under abstract did

Like...that's Carver level arguments

That's Stranger and just because he's someone who is more powerful he is better than Jackie in darkness manipulation. Shadowwoman has done that too to surfer.

If so, do you think you need to be Entity level to accomplish?

Bentley
Jackie could use his power to hit SS from the insides.

But Norrin would become transparent and Jackie would be ph*cked sad

Mindset

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_SilverSurferv3027-12.jpg "He is pulling the starlight from my limbs!"

"Pulling the power cosmic!"

Yea, it looks like he did more than just simply cutting him off from starlight.

Estacado
haermm
Jackie has no feats to go up against Norrin.

golem370

So Galactus gave SS the power cosmic does that mean Darkness does that mean he can cut Galactus' power cosmic

CadenceV2
Darkness is grade a bad@ss vs high tiers, but Silver Surfer versatile power set is way to much to overcome.

DarkSaint85
Surfer.

Sure, Jackie could shroud SS in darkness....but its not like the Surfer won't be producing light of his own which also hurts Jackie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.