The Hunger Games: Movie Archers battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
So because of the recent popularity of archery in movies today, I thought of making this thread. The Hunger Games takes place in the arena of the first movie, except this time all the tributes are movie/tv archers. They each start with a bow (whatever bow they had in their movie/tv series but no magical bows and no sights) and they get a quiver with 15 normal arrows (no trick arrows like explosive arrows, gas arrows, etc.). The cornucopia contains food, medicine, additional arrows, and a bunch of melee weapons.

I wanted to get all the archers from any movie/tv series as long as he/she is a decently well known character (no really obscure characters). I couldn't think of all of them so feel free to include others I missed. Here are the archers (contestants I could think of)

Legolas
Hawkeye
Katniss
Merida (Brave)
Oliver Queen/Green Arrow (from the Arrow TV series)
Robin Hood (Kevin Costner)
Robin Hood (Russel Crowe)
Rambo
Guinevere (Keira Knightley in Arthur)
Susan Pevensie (Narnia)
Mathayus (The Rock in Scorpion King)
Paris (Troy)
Mulan

So, who wins the Hunger Games? How do you guys think it will go? What advantages do the archers have over each other? Like I said, feel free to include other characters I missed. Discuss.

Lestov16
I'd go with Legolas. The other guys are good, but Legolas just slaughters his opponents, no matter how many. That being stated, I haven't seen Brave and it's been a long time since I've seen Mulan, and IIRC she shoots an arrow and then shoots a bullseye and then shoots another arrow which penetrates the first. Legolas has more combat feats though.

COG Veteran
Comes down to either hawkeye or legolas.

ares834
Legolas should win due to his excellent archery skills, his heightened senses, and his agility.

Katniss and Rambo come in second and third.

Lestov16
Rambo or Katniss would get slaughtered by Oliver, who in turn is massively outclassed by Hawkeye, who in turn is inferior to Legolas, the winner.

ares834
Nah. While Hawkeye is far better at archery than them, he has never displayed a high aptitude for this kind of warfare unlike Katniss or Rambo. Atchery, is ultimately, only part of the game here. I didn't notice Oliver though, he also has a good shot at getting second.

Lestov16
I don't see Katniss, Rambo, or Oliver making that shot at Loki's eye like Hawkeye did.

ares834
Ok... I already said Hawkeye was the far better archer.

Lestov16
But you implied that Katniss and Rambo could possibly have some kind of advantage due to combat tactics, which I am skeptical of.

ares834
More specifically jungle warfare. We've already seen that both Katniss and Rambo are adept at this. Hawkeye, however, has not.

Lestov16
I find it heavily doubtful that Hawkeye has never operated in a jungle terrain before. Did he just choose archery because he saw it on TV? I just don't see the scenario of Rambo or Katniss going stealth and sneak-killing Hawkeye transpiring.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Lestov16
But you implied that Katniss and Rambo could possibly have some kind of advantage due to combat tactics, which I am skeptical of.

Rambo specializes in jungle warfare and espionage, with a whole load of camouflage and booy-trap knowledge. He may not have the archery skills of the others but he has the best skill feats when it comes to jungle warfare. Guinevere should also have some skill at this.

Katniss on the other hand is a good hunter, but doesn't really know much about jungle warfare other than her brief stints in the hunger games.

The Fat Rambo
Put Jin in from House of flying daggers and he rapes all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.